THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION IS HERE

Welcome to the Exponential Age.

Software will disrupt most traditional industries in the next 5-10 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mind you, Uber is just a software tool, they don't own any cars, and are now the biggest taxi company in the world. AirBnB is now the biggest hotel company in the world,
although they don't own any properties.

Artificial Intelligence: Computers become exponentially better in understanding the world. This year, a computer beat the best Go player in the world, 10 years earlier than
expected. In the US, young lawyers already don't have jobs. You can get legal advice (more or less basic stuff) from IBM Watson within seconds, with 90% accuracy compared
with 70% accuracy when done by humans. So if you study law, stop immediately.

Most car companies might become bankrupt. Traditional car companies try the evolutionary approach and just build a better car, while tech companies (Tesla, Apple, Google)
will try the revolutionary approach and build a computer on wheels. I spoke to a lot of engineers from Volkswagen and Audi; they are completely terrified of Tesla.

Electric cars will become mainstream until 2020. Cities will be less noisy because all cars will run on electricity, which will become incredibly cheap and clean.

Solar production has been on an exponential curve for 30 years, but you can only now see the impact. Last year, more solar energy stations were installed worldwide than fossil.
The price for solar energy will drop so much that all coal companies will be defunct by 2025.

With cheap electricity comes cheap and abundant water. Desalination now only needs 2kWh per cubic meter. We don't have scarce water in most places, we only have scarce
drinking
water. Imagine what will be possible if anyone can have as much clean water as he wants, for nearly no cost.

Health: The Tricorder X price will be announced this year. There are pharma companies building a medical device (called the 'Tri corder' from Star Trek) that works with your phone,
which takes your retina scan, your blood sample and your breath into it. It then analyses 54 biomarkers that will identify nearly any disease. It will be cheap, so in a few years
everyone on this planet will have access to world class medicine, nearly for freee

Education: The cheapest smart phone are already at $10 in Africa and Asia. By 2020, most human will own a smartphone or a device that has access to world class
education/information. Every child can use Khans Academy and other tools for learning art, engineering, design, languages, science, music, mathematics, etc.

still be niggers, so no Utopian future

So the future will be high tech but low life because of all the human trash from the Third world coming to invade the West. Sounds like Blade Runner to me.

Star Trek promised me the Eugenic Wars for 2009. I was super hyped as a kid

yeah, the idea that all this new kit going cheap is going to really alter the way in which we survive is ludricrous. the world is going to shit man and the idea that new technology is going to solve our problem is stupid.

we have a cultural sickness not a technological stalemate

Considering you lost the last one Hans...

Cheap and abundant energy will rattle the world's economy so hard. Cultural change always follows technology change.

Good thing our friends the oil lobbyists will never let that happen

Wouldn't one call it intraracial war?

I make theories about the future when I'm high too. Saved for later read.

Hopefully when we stop being so dependent on sandnigger countries' oil deposits, we can separate ourselves from them and use better energy sources afterwards

Don't forget to copy the text into MS Word or something, I don't think this threads going to last too long

>so dependant on sand nigger oil reserves
But we aren't dependant on them, it is just the easiest way to manipulate the market. Nigger between our two countries we have enough oil to last centuries.

>a fucking leaf
>tries to separate automation and automation to make an extra step

either underage or too desperate to care

>a shitpost

aaaand I move on

No..

Our society will be improved, it will be more efficient, but it won't be a revolution like electricity, computer/automation, mass production and the industrial revolution in general.

You mention Uber, but that doesnt really change anything - when we went from a horse to a car, that changed everything.

The coming revolution won't be more and better smartphones or apps. these things are primarily used in a social context.

People don't spend "much" time on learning through the internet, such as khans academy as you mention, they use the internet as entertainment.. no amount of smartphones will change that.

At the top of my mind, then there is three things that have the possibility to alter humanity and bring in the 4th revolutions.

>Colonization of space. The rules of scarcity on earth might become fucked up by this. Because different astroids/planets/moons compose of entirely different elements. Alot of technologies have been discarded because of the cost connected to it was to high - that can all change very rapidly.

>Life extension, at this point it is a meme. But there is no doubt that somewhere in the future biological immortality will be within our reach, it could happen 500 years from now or 50. In any case, that will change our society so dramatically.

>AI

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

I'm a software dev writing mobile apps.
What should i do to make a shit ton of money in the future?

Uncle Ted warned us.

>all these memes
lol.

industry will be meaningless if the AI happens in that scale

Who said anything about utopias or technology solving our problems?

What OP said is just what's happening right now and it's inevitable at this point (save for a full scale nuclear war). This technological revolution is going to change practically every people's lives very radically in the next decade or two. That doesn't necessarily (or even likely) mean they will be happy, or be able to live a peaceful or safe life.
But we have to realize and accept that were in the middle of an insanely fast technological revolution and try to make the best we can from it.

>I write shitty software for shitty equipment
>what should I do for future money

better have a backup plan for when all the cellphones get shut down for years at a time and everyone goes back to landllines and no internet
>france
nevermind you're already too late the muslims gonna be cutting off your heads at random now you've got so fucking many of em shitting everywhere

>people still meeming over a power generation method that is guaranteed dead half of every single day
>still meeming over a method that is even less viable in winter when days are shorter and people need the most power to heat their homes

>tfw being Software Engineer
>tfw being in the sweetspot between disgusting meatbags and machine overlords

good.

Honestly, becoming a teacher would be the best.
Private tutelage should become a thing in the future.

Robots can't teach to humans and internet videos are fucking retarded and half of the time they are memes.

I'd totally love to become the future tutor of like... barron drumpfy.

denmark gets it

But I need my scented razor blades though.
>FANKS GABBIDUWWIZM

Some kind of app that helps school children learn how to behave during the monthly terror attack?

>Robots can't teach to humans
lol'd
humans are like the worst possible teachers

>anyone can have as much clean water as he wants, for nearly no cost.
>for nearly no cost.
that's not how it works

No..

Our society will be improved, it will be more efficient, but it won't be a revolution like the wheel, animal husbandry, agriculture and the primitive technology in general.

You mention cars, but that doesnt really change anything - when we went from our feet to a horse, that changed everything.

The coming revolution won't be more and better newspapers or books. these things are primarily used in a social context.

People don't spend "much" time on learning through books, such as Das Kapital as you mention, they use books as entertainment.. no amount of printing press will change that.

At the top of my mind, then there is three things that have the possibility to alter humanity and bring in the Nth revolutions.

>Colonization of the New World. The rules of scarcity in Europe might become fucked up by this. Because different continents compose of entirely different elements. Alot of technologies have been discarded because of the cost connected to it was to high - that can all change very rapidly.

>Life extension, at this point it is a meme. But there is no doubt that somewhere in the future head transplant will be within our reach, it could happen 500 years from now or 50. In any case, that will change our society so dramatically.

>Computation

>robots understand natural language

and also you've never been with a good teacher then.

>2016
>This is the modern equivalent of Space Elevator threads
>Brought to you by a fucking leaf