Sup Forums Bible study

How many of you have actually read the Bible? Let us take a thread to discuss all things biblical.

>tfw never read it
>just started now with the old testament

Is it important I remember the long ass list of characters/family tree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8FXlqFPHAaU
youtube.com/watch?v=FgCKXJPwSts
youtube.com/watch?v=33DC4UatExo&list=PLRNbzK2W6kSvhDg6ZGbSOPfh3gvQUmTDm
youtube.com/watch?v=oL6IU1cu17c
youtube.com/watch?v=acgVBSxV2i8
israelitewatchmen.com/archive/reference/
israelite.ca/research/specialstudiesfiles/diaspora_files/real_diaspora.html
israelite.ca/research/specialstudiesfiles/scriptural_marks.html
israelite-identity-archive.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-marks-of-israel-by-jack-mohr.html
christianidentityministries.com/witt.html
israelect.com/reference/JackMohr/jm025h.htm
fascovereign.blogspot.com/2013/11/adam-aryan.html
melgibstein.wordpress.com/
emahiser.christogenea.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=NXSsp2vvHjE
youtube.com/watch?v=5FU2nG9gTlc
jw.org/en/publications/books/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=bh&sortBy=1
jw.org/en/publications/books/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=bhs&sortBy=1
jw.org/en/publications/books/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=lr&sortBy=1
jw.org/en/publications/books/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=bm&sortBy=1
youtube.com/watch?v=WHzvhxpAfig&t=22s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i have
>is it important to remember list of characters/family tree
not really
>just started with the new testament
you really should've started with the new testament your first run through.

leviticus is going to suck

Don't you lose context if you start with the new testament tho?

Same been reading for a year. Still on Kings have yet yet to reach new testement

Yes. "Start with the New Testament" is fucking stupid.

yeah but not very much.
i'm not saying don't read the old testament at all.

the new testament is just way more important for Christians, and you're not going to miss the essentials if you hadn't skimmed through the old testament first with a layman's understanding of it.

Welcome, friend.

First, you have to understand who Israel of the bible actually is, and things will make a lot more sense. Adam = to show blood in the face (i.e. blush, see Strong's Concordance). Only one people can do that. Jesus specifically stated he only came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel, who had been taken into captivity 700 years prior, were prophesied to forget their identity, and their language, but were to eventually be called "sons of the living god". There are other blessings given to Israel that are only fulfilled by the Western nations (see links provided for their "marks"). All of this leftist craziness going on right now? Look at the curses for not following God, given in Deuteronomy. I could go on.

youtube.com/watch?v=8FXlqFPHAaU
youtube.com/watch?v=FgCKXJPwSts
youtube.com/watch?v=33DC4UatExo&list=PLRNbzK2W6kSvhDg6ZGbSOPfh3gvQUmTDm
youtube.com/watch?v=oL6IU1cu17c
youtube.com/watch?v=acgVBSxV2i8

israelitewatchmen.com/archive/reference/
israelite.ca/research/specialstudiesfiles/diaspora_files/real_diaspora.html
israelite.ca/research/specialstudiesfiles/scriptural_marks.html
israelite-identity-archive.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-marks-of-israel-by-jack-mohr.html
christianidentityministries.com/witt.html
israelect.com/reference/JackMohr/jm025h.htm
fascovereign.blogspot.com/2013/11/adam-aryan.html
melgibstein.wordpress.com/

Everyone needs to read this guy's series on the tribe of Judah. It starts with the first newsletter.
emahiser.christogenea.org/

The start of this "Judeo-Christian" nonsense was the Scofield Reference Bible. Written by a drunk who was willing to sell out to the Jew publishers for money.

youtube.com/watch?v=NXSsp2vvHjE

nah man, there are some good books in the OT (Daniel, Job) but the NT is all good

Bought the bible(KJV), tried to read it.

Too fucking boring. Pages upon pages of genealogy.

Don't remember how far I got.

Also I fucking realized that the new testament is like 10% of the book. I thought it was pretty much 50/50.

I basically ignore the """apostle""" (((paul))). He lied and was a coward. He was a false prophet, and Jesus indicates this in Revelations 2.
Discuss.

Read it cover to cover when I was a kid. That's why I don't follow Semitic sand deity death cults. Thanks for cucking our civilization over and over!

Not really the lineage stuff is mostly for the kikes to explain how they relate to the races around them and why they are better
It is interesting in that it gives a lineage basically from the first man to Christ in theory but that once again only matters to people who cared about that type of thing before
Reading it front to back is also not recommended but do start with Genesis

Old Testament gives basic groundwork. New testament is a patch that undoes some of the OT's jewish laws

The first time I did this I got killed at numbers and then skipped to Deuteronomy only to find out it was a repeat which is where I stopped

no. the bible is not meant to be read as a traditional book. If I were you, I would just read the highlights. also, you could pretty much ignore the old testament excepting some major parts

He might've had flawed interpretations or be given to much authority, but he's not a false prophet

reminder that meek means not being a confrontational faggot in the biblical context

nothing to do with being weak or a pushover, just about having self control.

in a similar vein, "turn the other cheek" is grossly taken out of context.

>jews wiped their asses with their left hand so it was unclean.
>jews would not use their left hand to slap anyone, even goyim.
>the verse specifies the striking of the right cheek
>for someone to strike your right cheek with their right hand, they would have to backhand you. this was twice as demeaning.
>if you turned your cheek they would be dumbfounded as you are basically saying "you gave me your worst. it didn't affect me."

the implication is that if someone uses their left hand to slap you, then you fuck their shit up because that would basically be a declaration of war. it isn't a plea for nonviolence, just being the better man among your own people.

in other words, deus vult

hardly. The old testament is for the most part a conundrum of dull vague stories. there are however some major parts that beg to be studied

I read a children version of the bible when I was 9 but not more than that.

classic!
it picks up after that though.
>16 Ehud made himself a sword – it had two edges and was eighteen inches long. He strapped it under his coat on his right thigh.
>17 He brought the tribute payment to King Eglon of Moab. (Now Eglon was a very fat man.)
>18 After Ehud brought the tribute payment, he dismissed the people who had carried it.
>19 But he went back once he reached the carved images at Gilgal. He said to Eglon, “I have a secret message for you, O king.” Eglon said, “Be quiet!” All his attendants left.
>20 When Ehud approached him, he was sitting in his well-ventilated upper room all by himself. Ehud said, “I have a message from God for you.” When Eglon rose up from his seat,
>21 Ehud reached with his left hand, pulled the sword from his right thigh, and drove it into Eglon’s belly.
>22 The handle went in after the blade, and the fat closed around the blade, for Ehud did not pull the sword out of his belly. 23As Ehud went out into the vestibule, he closed the doors of the upper room behind him and locked them. (Judges 3:16-22)

Yeah they're pretty relentless

Yeah I love that one because of also being left handed
It's a shame the judges get progressively more retarded I think the worst being the one who retardly made a promise that ends in him killing his daughter, despite child sacrifice not even being allowed

He lied about his meeting with James, he lied about his "encounter" on the road.
Also, Jesus said so! Read Revelations 2 in which the Lord instructs John to write to Ephesus. Funny, the other churches """paul""" wrote to aren't there. His name was Saul, of TRSV which is numerically 666.
I'm sorry, but he was a false prophet.

If a false prophet is considered part of the book and taken as a prophet, doesn't that cast doubt for a lot of the book?

The Bible is not meant to be read consecutively. It is a collection of smaller books that are more or less disjoint.

If you start with the old testament and read in order you will get bored fast. Try the book of Mark for accounts of the miracles of Christ, then branch out from there.

Your evidence for this?
And how can one holy book in the same canon declare another part of the canon not true

Perhaps, but maybe it's an example of how effective false prophets can be. Ever consider that?
Have you not being reading?
Revelations 2, and the words of Christ himself.

christians in the thread

Is this what happens when protestants are allowed to interpret the bible?

i think that guy is muslim

They're right though.

www.problemswithpaul.com

"Apostle Paul" is no different than Joseph Smith. He taught a completely different gospel and all his authority comes from a claim that Jesus appeared to him (and only him) in the desert. Even his three accounts of this event don't match up.

better than the papish church

They function the same as Pauls letters of reassurance, if anything they back him up in his encouragement

Better than some Catholic retard kid fucker who tells me I can't read the bible but encourages idolatry, subverted praying, "purgatory," and confessing to another man sins who then tells me that if forgiven if said a certain amount of prayers.
Get out

if you read the entie thing from cover to cover you gain mystic powers granted by God.

It's completely worth doing, and it will improve your relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ.

Deus Vult brothers.

New Testament is the most important

The old testament can be summed up as jews getting everything they could ever want or need, getting greedy and wanting more then getting blown the fuck out

basically it was jew sin they get thrown out of the holy land they stop sinning they get back in then they sin and are thrown out again and then stop and get back in

Go fuck yourself you dumb peice of shit.

You mean that part when Jesus tells John to write a letter to Ephesus in which he reassures them that they were correct in testing, "those who call themselves apostles, and are not, but are liars."
Totally not saul and his followers.
Know that I think about it, he was very full of himself. He called himself an apostle many times.

spooky

Why did they include his books then? Early Christians weren't stupid.

Nice argument you got there. I know, when people are wrong they usually get angry and lash out.
I'm a mobilefag, and you'll deal with it

>Early Christians weren't stupid.
mate the council of nicea put books in that had no point but left out important ones like the book of enoch

Read it once. There are so many elements in our Western culture tied to it, so it's worth a read.

>Oh! So that where that meme came from, etc.

>So that where that meme came from
There is biblical Memes ?

you are better off reading shakespare to find that stuff out

The same reason people assume that there will be a pre tribulation rapture.
Ignorance, and subversion. The devil and his retards are at work

>frogs

>people assume that there will be a pre tribulation rapture.
oh yeah we only get raptured if we survive the coming onslaught

Kek is a Satanic spirit

youtube.com/watch?v=5FU2nG9gTlc

I do so on a regular bases. In fact, us JW are required to do so. AMA. Also, here's a few tools you can use to study the Bible.
What does the Bible Really Teach?
>jw.org/en/publications/books/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=bh&sortBy=1
What Can the Bible Teach Us?
>jw.org/en/publications/books/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=bhs&sortBy=1

Learn from The Great Teacher
>jw.org/en/publications/books/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=lr&sortBy=1

The Bible - What is It's Message
>jw.org/en/publications/books/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=bm&sortBy=1

I recommend the last one first. It is a good summary of the entire Bible itself and each individual book.

I know

>"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

can someone explain this to me?

It is curious that he wasn't one of the chosen 12 apostles, nor even in the running for Judas' replacement. He basically just declared himself one. And remember, the number 12 is significant since that is the number of tribes of Israel. And the number of foundations in the holy city was 12, with the names of the apostles. So, Paul wouldn't be on there. I'm torn on the issue.

that's all your wrong JW interpretations

>anti-pauline muslims
>gnostics
>jehovah's witnesses
thread is full of spiritual cancer

Think about it like this:

The Old Testament is a massive, massive text. Hebrew is an ancient language that doesn't even have tenses for time, and contains tons of root stems that alter the meaning in all sorts of nuanced and important ways. Rabbis who study the Zohar, for example, aren't supposed to do that until they've adequately studied the Torah "for about forty years." The Torah is five fucking books. One word in Hebrew can mean like...five different things at the same time. There is so much meaning in the Hebrew scriptures that even filtered and diluted through English you could study the Old Testament in your whole life and still miss things.

So is it any surprise that Paul, a Pharisee who had a lifetime of studying the Hebrew scriptures (in addition to the Rabbinic Oral law) would have no trouble at all twisting and distorting them "just so" for a group of Greek and Roman Gentiles who hadn't studied them until he introduced them to it, and who had no knowledge of Hebrew, and no familiarity or intimate understanding of the Jewish culture/history/scriptures on his level at all?

They had no way of rooting out Paul's corruptions because he's incredibly subtle, and his Gospel is way easier to swallow. It's basically: "do as thou wilt, you've already been forgiven", instead of Jesus's "do the will of my father, and you will be forgiven."

So am i also how is setting up that kindom on earth going makeing any progress

>Fourteen of the twenty-seven books in the New Testament have traditionally been attributed to Paul.

Makes the new testament even thinner without Paul

>They had no way of rooting out Paul's corruptions because he's incredibly subtle, and his Gospel is way easier to swallow. It's basically: "do as thou wilt, you've already been forgiven", instead of Jesus's "do the will of my father, and you will be forgiven."

This. The problem with people defending Paul is that he seems okay most of the time, but the devil is in the details.

Exactly. James, amongst others, had a problem with his teachings. He even makes a dig at James in one of his letters.
Apologies on the horrendous grammar.

wait shit, he wasnt one of the 12? was he an (((infiltrated)))!?

>It's basically: "do as thou wilt, you've already been forgiven",
gross misrepresentation

>instead of Jesus's "do the will of my father, and you will be forgiven."
For this is the will of my Father--for everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him to have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:40)

Paul tryed to convert jews first but throught the middle of acts the gentiles started to convert in larger numbers he always went to the synogoge first

I'm an atheist. Why should I read it?

>this is a problem
Passive-aggressive is a nasty cologne
>I am the devil because I believe that, "Paul" wasn't biblical and he was subverting corrupting Jesus's words

What does the father will gentile if you had no bible what could you do

This is super easy to prove wrong. All of this was taken out of context ON PURPOSELY in order to push a narrative that Paul wasn't a Christian nor chosen by Christ. This is done by liberal Christians because of how outspoken he is about homosexuality and Jesus wasn't as loud about it. They need Paul to go away so they can make Christianity politically correct.

That picture you are looking at is not true. Paul was an apostle chosen by Christ himself. His letters to the congregations are all INSPIRED by God. They were not slipped in by accident.

Luke 10:18 up above is PROPHETIC because it is revealed LATER when Satan, the demons, go to war with Michael and the Angels way later after Christ.

Acts 9:3,4 wasn't Satan but it was Jesus himself choosing Saul.

>Acts 9:5 “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6Nevertheless, rise and enter into the city, and what you must do will be told you.”

>>this is a problem
Yeah, makes it even more jewish.

It's already like 90% Old Testament with just tiny bit of new testament in the end

To cure you atheism obviously.

oral transmission of the gospel would still be a thing

>The problem with people defending Paul is that he seems okay most of the time
Exactly. Out of any twenty Pauline quotes in scripture, you can probably find eighteen/nineteen quotes that align well with Jesus. The problem is, for all the times he tells the truth, he introduces one lie here, one lie there. By the end, you don't realize just how many ideas have been introduced that begin and end with Paul. They're found nowhere else. But when you try and point this out, and how he ultimately differs from the rest of the bible (and Jesus, specifically), you get bombarded with the handful of times he actually tells the truth. I'm not saying Paul isn't right MOST of the time. But when is wrong...he is way wrong. He is circuitous by design. He talks out of both sides of his mouth, and when you try and root out his corruptions, he has so much honest correct doctrine that it makes it look like his message is coherent, when it's not. He is incredibly, incredibly subtle.

Honestly, I like to use Paul's own phrasing here to ironically articulate what I mean: "Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?" - Gal 5:9

To have better understanding of Western civilization.

Lucifer is a mistranslation and should never be refused to the devil's proper and only name: Satan.

>taking a jewish, devil worshipping subverter out of the bible will make it more Jewish
Catholic brains everyone

"If ye love me, keep my commandments"

And the idea that the old commandments don't apply is bunk unless you believe that Jesus isn't God in the flesh.

Hello anons

during my biblestudy i found awesome things in the bible really mindblowing things most pastors do not mention or interpret it differently based more on the actual worldview teached by ((them))

Earth is flat, a closed system. We have a firmament, waters above, sun, moon, stars within us, spacetravel does not exist neither other intelligent civilsations like its programed into society.

There are also some evidence for things we call today "UFOS".

read this verse ive found and please pay attention to the detail of the material that is named and its characteristics

Zechariah 5King James Version (KJV)

5 Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll.

2 And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.

3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.

4 I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

5 Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.

6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.

7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?

11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

Yes you are you deny the true gospal your basically a jew but you claim to know jesus ypu throw 80percent of the bible out because you cant understand it take a red pill and look into the biblical dispensations

Revelations 2
Then shut up.

To not burn in hell.

lol

>There are also some evidence for things we call today "UFOS".
they are somthing else

Why all of Paul's writings got accepted, but Thomas' did not.

Really makes one ponder.

You read the Bible like a retard.

The gospal that dosnt require works is in paul the one in the old testement with the liveing christ only saves jews

80% of the bible is attributed to Saul of Tarsu?
Also, Revelations 2

i had that passage in mind as i was writing my post you're replying to, as a counter to the "do as thy wilt" thing.

>For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Paul)
"you've already been forgiven" is true, but "do as thou wilt" does not follow from Paul's writings.
we're to obey God out of love for him, not fear of damnation or promise of eternal reward.

What about it? If you believe God would be so weak and stupid to allow all of Paul's letters to be allowed in the Bible when they were not supposed to then you insult God yourself. Pick one anyone! I can prove it wrong easy with context. Again, What about Revelations 2?

>used to refer to **

So what you're saying is that the Quran is the true word of God?

youtube.com/watch?v=WHzvhxpAfig&t=22s

>For this is the will of my Father--for everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him to have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:40)
Gross misrepresentation.

"Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’ Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.…" Matthew 7:23

"Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates. But outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.”…" Revelation 22:14-16

"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:" - Matthew 6:14

It's not just "believing in Jesus" like Paul says. Yes, you have to "believe" he is the way, and believe he is who he said he is. But looking on Jesus and following him and believing he is the way the truth and the life means following the multitude of things he taught and practiced. Which means, looking back to the Torah, and aligning yourself within it.

Paul's doctrine implies that the only thing you have to do is "believe." It grossly misrepresents the finer points. ESPECIALLY food sacrificed to idols, which he says is "no big deal" as long as you "know the true god", where Christ specifically points this out as a stumbling block, calling it the doctrine of Balaam.

I have
>Is it important I remember the long ass list of characters/family tree?
Only as a reference point whenever something is foreshadowed or forewarned. Or when you are trying to figure out who is related to who in the later timeline.

I try to read it 7 times each year to study and because I really like some of the teachings. Also to btfo atheists on kikebook.