When I say "American fighter airplane" what it's the first thing that comes to your mind

When I say "American fighter airplane" what it's the first thing that comes to your mind

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_P-51_Mustang
youtube.com/watch?v=cPhJp-1HHNw
youtube.com/watch?v=wdy17GmkpWc
nytimes.com/2004/11/05/nyregion/warplane-strafes-a-school-in-new-jersey.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

m61 vulcan

Have we actually used that thing?

Talk to me Goose.

Friendly fire?

F-16 because of your pic.

If you had non plane pic you might get interesting answers.

1 Trillion

B52

stay mad

God's Plane

this

F-16 and BRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTT.

Fighter? F15 and F22 both pop up at about the same time.

Low blow. Our blu on blu rate is extremely low given the amount of missions our pilots have flown. What happened to the brits is not something anyone took lightly, from the pilot to command to the citizens in the US.

Closely followed by Money pit and scam.

Came here to post this, ashamed it wasnt a burger posting this.

This

i always think of the most powerful, versatile, and effective fighter jet ever designed to be honest

>not posting the most iconic american plane of all time.

ALLAH AKBAR

> posting a cuckplane

That's WW2 plane right? I wanted to say that. What were they called? I flew them in Battlefield: 1942

Stallions? No, something with a P?

The first thing that comes to mind is "what kind of faggot refers to a combat aircraft as an airplane"

Getting 30 seconds of overwatch while in direct contact. Fucking useless.

DID YOU KNOW THAT THE F35 IS NOT A PLANE IT'S ACTUALLY A BOAT

>fighter plane

>fighter

>B-17
>fighter plane

Please leave this thread

Blackbird

P-51 Mustang

Tomcat-chan

f-14

highway to the danger zone.

/thread

That. Although that would technically be a fighter jet.

f-22

f-14 Tomcat
sexiest machine ever built

>propeller
i tip my fedora to you good sir!
*sheaths katana*

ADFX-01 Morgan

*tears up

*she's a real beaut

wish I was smart enough to fly and operate one.

F4 was good too

F-14 was a beast of a Naval fighter. Couldn't hold a candle to the F-15 though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_P-51_Mustang

youtube.com/watch?v=cPhJp-1HHNw

you can say that again bro
I could watch this shit all day long

Iranian tomcats ruled the skies over iraqi f-15s in the iran-iraq war.

What if you put active armor on a b52

>TFW high IQ, excellent reflexes, better than 20/20 eye sight
>TFW wanted an F22 slot before I even commissioned
>TFW flying heavies for 8 years now
Don't get me wrong, I love flying for the sake of flying, but those F22 jockeys are super studs.

these
The rest of the air force should just be A-10s, AC-130s and drones.

A-10s are meme planes.

youtube.com/watch?v=wdy17GmkpWc

dat sound on the flyover

blue on blue incidents 2bh

criminally underrated war machine

>doesn't even mention the B1B
ISHYGDIGDIGGITY

based nip exterminator

P-47d Thunderbolt. Most produced WW2 fighter. Decimated the Luftwaffe and then their ground material. Armoured flight station brought our pilots home safely.

Not really. They can loiter forever, have some of the best structural durability a jet can have, carries a lot of ordinance and is a CAS monster in AOs where we have air superiority.

There's a reason CCTs and JTACs love having A10s on station and it's not just the brrrt.

They are, and for memetic warfare there is nothing better.

I'm half convinced that A-10 buzzing Baghdad blowing the fuck out of everything was half the reason the Americans entered unopposed.

Why do you want people on a bomber in this day and age? Seriously, what do they add over a cruise missile or drone?

Three of these bad boys did a flyover at 50 ft at an airshow once... the sound and vibration was orgasmic, I can't even begin to imagine what an entire squadron of these swooping in with all 8 50cals blazing would feel like.. probably death incarnate.

I hate Swedecucks and I hate young fags. Know your WW2 fighters or GTFO

>posting the wrong plane

Research the B1B, its payload cap, loiter time and the types of work it's been doing in GWOT. It's one of our most valuable CAS assets. It's also a beast of a strike bomber if and when we need it.

Won the pacific for US. Great aircraft

This triggers the Japanese.

Checked and agree 10/10

Corsair or Mustang.
Airplanes have props, jet fighters have jets.

BaaBaa Beauty

F-16s, Eagles are hanger queens that can go fuck themselves. Hornets are ok, they can stay in their ships though.

first thing that comes to mind is "LOL F35"

>They can loiter forever,
Also true of Drones and attack helicopters, such as the AH-64

>have some of the best structural durability a jet can have
This only really matters for MG fire. It's better to design an aircraft that is harder to hit in the first place.

>carries a lot of ordinance and is a CAS monster in AOs where we have air superiority.
As is the AH-64 and Strike Eagle.

The A-10's good for shitting on sand niggers and if it's believed that we'll only be fighting said sand niggers for the next 50 years, sure. Otherwise their use is really limited in conventional conflicts where a jet needs to get in and get out quickly. The Russian air defense network as a prime example is no joke, and even back in the 80's the A-10 was cucked out of it's designed role to perform AFAC for the fast and survivable F-16s, F-18s, F-15s.

>wings form a plane which is used to manipulate air and produce lift for the craft
?

>117
I know this plane. My old squadron.

(((Democracy))

I think of the plane noise, like
breoooooow
mreouuuuw
mmmbrooooow
like that

We used it to strafe a school in NJ

nytimes.com/2004/11/05/nyregion/warplane-strafes-a-school-in-new-jersey.html

British rate of Friendly Fire is much higher than US rate.
And dont even try pulling some "but muh total incidents" when 90% of the combat is done by US forces

This beauty or the B2 Bobmer.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

never mind that it's not a fighter

That's the sound of an average american sharting in a mart.

I guess kill ratios come to mind...I'm not air combat historian, but I'm pretty sure America aircraft have outclassed nearly all -if not all adversaries they've faced.

Does this mean every America plane ever produced is a superior aircraft? -No

But based on the combat kill ratios and engagement outcomes (which is data that's based on reality, not opinions or hypothetical engagements) seens like we're doing ok.

I always like to think of what happened over the Bekaa valley.

I don't think you have any clue about operations in places like Afghanistan. The A10 can respond faster and further than an attack helicopter, can provide CAS in weather and altitudes helicopters cannot.

You're also retarded if you are comparing the ordnance capabilities of an AH64 and an A10. What the fuck is an apache going to do when I need JDAMs?

What the fuck are you even bringing up Russians for? We need CAS aircraft suited for COIN and that's exactly why the A10 has not been retired yet. No one is talking about using it as a first strike aircraft against modernized militaries.

A-10s really are reaching meme status when people think that when they think of an American aircraft, and not the F-16 FREEDOM Falcon the most exported fighter aircraft.

But its also a lemon and it cost four hundred thousand dollars to fly for twelve seconds.

>This kills the Japanese

Fuck you the A-10 looks cool as shit. Of course the Falcon is thriving right now, replacing most but still, doesn't make an oldie goldie a meme.

The F16 is the Honda Civic of multi-role fighters. Gets the job done but there's a reason we export it, it's nothing to write home about.

When people think of American fighters, they think about superiority fighters. The F15 and F22 are the top shelf fighter killers.

B-52

>What the fuck is an apache going to do when I need JDAMs?

Then you get a multirole or strike aircraft, again the F-15E or F-16 are both suitable for this while being faster than the A-10

>What the fuck are you even bringing up Russians for?
Because the future air fleet needs to be equipped to deal with any situation. You can't throw all your eggs in one basket.

>No one is talking about using it as a first strike aircraft against modernized militaries.
It's not going to survive in the second or third strikes either. It will get torn apart by SHORAD platforms just as well as long range SAMs.

A gun so powerful it causes the plane to stall if fired too long.

>this kills the japanese

It's had issues and is indeed expensive to operate. Calling it a lemon is stretching, it has a resume in GWOT that speaks for itself. With a 125k lb payload it shits JDAMs all day, lessening the impact of the operating cost when you would have to fly entire sorties of smaller jets to match the amount of death it can deal in a single.

The B1B and A10 are the infantry's best friends when bombs are needed. Ah64s and ah1zs when closer range precision support is needed, and assuming you can even get one in your AO.

It's called a TF-872 AO green tiger.

Iraq had F-15s? the fuck