I just thought of something...

I just thought of something... I have never met a conservative that contributes to higher education in any meaningful degree. Why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_bias_in_academia
quora.com/Why-do-scientists-tend-to-have-liberal-progressive-views
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The moment conservatives express a hurtful truth about the nature of reality, they are banished from the school.

thats not how tenure works user

the smartest people in society also happen to be liberals
colour me surprised

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_bias_in_academia

>I just thought of something... I have never met a conservative that contributes to higher education in any meaningful degree. Why is that?

Because you don't KNOW anyone who has contributed anything to higher education.

>tenure
you don't get that unless you pass the trials.

It has nothing to do with talent or knowledge, notice how many women have tenure? I had a professor who was black and looked stoned every day, while I've had adjunct who were basically walking calculators.

>higher education

This is definitely becoming a meme when they are producing these qualified students to only import someone who'll work for less.

>democrats confirmed for conartist.

CONSERVATIVES DONT FUND SHITTY UNIVERSITY "RESEARCH"

>all this dumb people butthurt

measurably smarter people hold liberal views, its just a fact

You probably take bullshit classes. I had an EE prof who redpilled us on usury (the madman actually ranted about how some societies don't allow banks to charge interest) and made us do the math to figure out how much you really pay when you take out loans with interest.

He also taught us that APR isn't even used to calculate payments but that you actually pay the APY (which is more money)

I honestly think he hated the jews

>an EE prof
>do the math to figure out how much you really pay when you take out loans with interest

holy shitballs user why is your EE professor making you do high school mathematics?

>Why is that?

even if you are conservative you have to pretend to be liberal for grant $$$

>Those who can not do, teach.

Because they'd rather waste their time as an engineer or a scientist or a good politician.

>I just thought of something... I have never met a conservative that contributes to higher education in any meaningful degree. Why is that?

this is actually self selecting.

conservatives are result oriented people with a culture of hard work and traditional values. By their very nature few if ANY conservatives will go into college for a liberal arts degree, they mostly aim for STEM, Law or Business, the few who are interested in liberal arts classes usually are chased out by the radical liberals in the field.

Liberals however are all about the "process" over "results" they're about their "feelings" and indulge or value their "interests" over economic gain. Most of them end up in liberal arts because they like it, irregardless of their job prospects after, of course with most of the undergrads in liberal arts being left wing, most of the students going on to grad school for those degrees are also left wing, which then means most of the faculty in those degrees are left wing, which means the culture in those departments are left wing, which mean of course almost all the tenured professors are left wing as well.

You're an idiot lad

because research per se requires an inquisitive mind, something compatible with a "progressive" set of beliefs

however if you're good at academic work but mindlessly apply a "progressive" mindset to the rest of your life just because it's the consensus in your social circle or something like that you're dumb

just go to Twitter and look up Writers, Actors, Musicians, all people who are generally held up in high regard due to their professional output, and more often than not you'll see that the "progressive" claptrap (regarding everyday life or politics) they spit has an intellectual depth and reasoning next to zero behind it

>I have never met a conservative that contributes to higher education in any meaningful degree.
>Conservatives don't pay any taxes.

Only since the end of WW2. There were plenty of conservative intellectuals in the past.

It's multiple factors combined. Ask james watson how voicing his semi political views worked out for him. If you voice non political correct left wing drivel you commit academic suicide. Shy tory effect times 10.

Also many of these people live in their ivory towers. The hot afghan exchange student you had a crush on doesn't represent the illiterate peasant that the rest of your country will have to deal with for example. Nor does the syrian guy with a masters in physics that now helps out in your lab. They live in their nice, rich areas, not even close to the migration ghettos.

>By their very nature few if ANY conservatives will go into college for a liberal arts degree, they mostly aim for STEM, Law or Business
wrong

quora.com/Why-do-scientists-tend-to-have-liberal-progressive-views

>scientists are in aggregate more liberal than the population

>higher education
That's because UK highers are worthless. :^)
I've yet to meet one person in the hard sciences who isn't conservative.

t. professional physicist

>tfw to smart too be employed

>measurably smarter people hold liberal views, its just a fact

[citation needed]

>the baristas with B.A. aren't a meme

Was this past election a strategic loss? lol

Because you majored in womens studies you pathetic yuppie

>I've yet to meet one person in the hard sciences who isn't conservative.
hahhahahahahahahahaha

stop laughing

>stop laughing

That made me chuckle.

Quit being a passive aggressive little cunt, liberal.