The Pirahã people rely on neighboring communities' canoe work. When their canoes wear out...

The Pirahã people rely on neighboring communities' canoe work. When their canoes wear out, they simply use pieces of bark as temporary canoes. Everett brought in a master builder who taught and supervised the Pirahã in making a canoe, so that they could make their own. But when they needed another canoe, they stated that "Pirahã do not make canoes" and told Everett he should buy them one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SHv3-U9VPAs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_savage
youtube.com/watch?v=Ilwl25pL7Ho
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pirahã have ignored lessons in preserving meats by salting or smoking, and make only a few days' worth of manioc flour at a time. They trade Brazil nuts and sex for consumables or tools, e.g. machetes, gunpowder, powdered milk, sugar, whiskey. Chastity is not a cultural value.

>Spaniard conquerors chose to fuck this instead of importing sexy Spanish chicks to make babies with

Pathetic

how come that skinny shit-haircut nerd has a gf and i dont

Woah...they finally found Donald Trumps tribe

I've heard of these guys before. If I recall, their language does not have any concept of numbers. They have a word that means "one or two" a word that means "a bit more than one or two" and a third word that basically means "many." They may very well be the most primitive and dysfunctional culture in all of human history. Sub-nigger tier by a fair margin.

Just bring some powdered milk and the bitches will be all over you.

they also cannot describe colors. red is blood and so on. fucking pathetic

Really makes you think.

>They may very well be the most primitive and dysfunctional culture in all of human history.
Youre forgetting about abbos, user.

It seems like every region on earth as some tribe/sub culture of gibsmedat.

Gypsies, ghetto nogs.. I'm pretty sure the Chinese have a subset of people like that.. India...

It's like there must be a specific set of genes that express themselves this way or something.

You can't breed this behavior out of them. It's hard wired.

So it's agreed then. The Pirahã are even bigger niggers than actual niggers. How does one culture fail so completely? And to think this board was giving the Sentinelese a lot of shit a few months ago. They are the ingenious preservers of civilization compared to the clusterfuck that is the Pirahã.

>wah wah waahht cullchurr
hói means "small pile" and hoí means "large pile". just two words. they have other numbers, stolen from portuguese.

>sub-nigger tier
Bonus: Pirahã have no concept of a supreme spirit or god, and they lost interest in Jesus when they discovered that Everett had never seen him. They require evidence based on personal experience for every claim made.

I'd say that's a few steps ahead of western culture. they also have separate verb forms for different senses, and if you didn't receive the information through a sense, why should you say anything at all?

That's more than likely his sister.

its because you are a disgusting anglo

>Glove
>Handschuhe
>Hand Sock
And germany has the nerve.

>yfw leftist media calls them the happiest people on earth

I don't get you OP, you start a thread to bash these people, and then rush in to save them later on. What's your game? What's your agenda? Is this just Aussie shitposting?

we spent the last 500 years conquering backwards retards just like theme

don't be fooled by modern PC bullshit

these idiots are still backward fucking retards

liberals will have you feeling sorry for these fucking idiots just you wait.

Speak some australian for me mat.. Oh vey

I couldn't imagine a more sub-human people if I wanted to. These are not some mutant brand of low IQ retards who somehow weren't born sterile... They're just utter trash.

>a few steps ahead of western culture
>refuse to make their own fucking canoes, refuse to salt and preserve meat so they are stuck having to forage and make food much more often
>go out on shitty bark instead of well built canoes to improve the load of fish and whatever seafood they find
>a few steps AHEAD of western culture

Are you fucking retarded, it doesnt get more backwards and uncivilized than this, and I never heard of them before today.

Their existence on this Earth is absolutely completely useless, much like the Senegal. Long after humanity has voyaged to other worlds they will have perished or remain stuck in their barbarity and primitive ways, never advancing as a collective.

Its sad but oh well, they clearly have no interest in bettering themselves.

It's weird that it's mere chance of being born in western civilization as opposed to some lost tribe.

Imagine what life would've been like.

Where do I bash them? It's a choice not to build canoes, they have access to other simple methods... why waste months on building something just to impress the pretentious neighbours? I applaud them for their practical culture. Along the same line of thinking, if a wagecuck wants to work, that's fine. he can teach me, an aboriginal, how to work, even try to pay me. I will even accept his culture of redistribution. But I am going to quit my job and go out fishing as soon as the cunt gets off my back.

My point is that other cultures may look backwards, but already have practical timesaving methods to deal with their issues,. The western/eastern method of living in a constant fear of dirt and neighbor gossip while slaving away from home for a clan leader, that is the backwards way in my opinion.

Fuckin lazy cunts, they would be the type who would draw the dole if they lived here

Didn't their existence also fuck up all of Chomsky's linguistic theory?

cringe low-bait trolling

Not all, but a key part. Chomsky and his cult followers are in a panic about it, and are busily claiming that Everett's studies are totally irrelevant and also wrong. It's fun to watch an entire field lose its shit.

Poor Noam is living just long enough to see his work discarded.

Have you heard their language? There's only a handful of consonants and vowels.

Sounds like they're constantly stuttering trying to get the words out.

youtube.com/watch?v=SHv3-U9VPAs

>it doesnt get more backwards and uncivilized than this

Don't tempt me motherfucker.

Well I guess I would have to answer your question with another question. How many abo-digitals do you see using cologne?

Selling sex sounds pretty smart, renewable resource.

Take a couple of bags of sugar and go get you dick wet.

I'm a Pirahã.

check these repeating unga-ungas in my post.

Sure looks like it.

>actually living inna woods

You white folk have it easy

enjoy your wifi radiation and mass surveillance

Its hand shoe.

They're lazy and peaceful and they live in the jungle. Why be mean to them? They're just simple hobbits

abos can count

noble savage fallacy

sorry to sound like a faggot but what part of his work exactly? I don't follow that old geezer cause I think he is a faggot.

je verstaat toch wel. zeg, hebt je ooit naar shave a nigger strand geweest?

Can they mow a lawn though?

Wot.

>savage
what's savage is a culture where a woman takes all of a mans property and children after she has sex with another man. Savage is watching someone die on the street because someone else will probably help them. savages are the people who use glitter and paint to wage street dances, preventing the common man from driving to the megamall.

Why our Indians are so fucking shit and primitive? Mayans, Aztecs and Incas are so superior to this shit ass tribe. Motherfuckers could barely make fire.

You sound upset Bruce, Is it too early for a beer.

vraag aan een kankerbuitenlander hoe ze "scheveningen" zou uitlezen.

your language is a joke.

Natural selection.

>Being concerned that, because of this cultural gap, they were being cheated in trade, the Pirahã people asked Daniel Everett, a linguist who was working with them, to teach them basic numeracy skills. After eight months of enthusiastic but fruitless daily study with Everett, the Pirahã concluded that they were incapable of learning the material and discontinued the lessons. Not a single Pirahã had learned to count up to ten or even to add 1 + 1.

maybe you should read a little more instead of listening to dreamtime stories while drinking goon you fucking abo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_savage

who says I went to bed carlos

>literary stock character
oh, like the bogan. like you.

Carry on then.

>Flugzeug
>flying thing
rly meaks u thinks

Read "War Before Civilization", cuck.

Where did the mongoloid race go so wrong?

Hey kneus, there are basically three west germanic languages. Two of them use the translation of 'hand shoe', so handshoe it is.

That there are retards who cant pronounce words, says all about them, by the way (that they're retarded).

Holy shit. These guys have it figured out. They're gaming the stupid fucks that give them shit and they don't trust anything except hard evidence.

>They require evidence based on personal experience for every claim made.
Sounds like fedora-tipping atheists.

Hey now, at least it's a word that literally describes what it is. Explain to me how "plane" works, which traditionally describes a geometric surface area.

we wuz mayans n aztecs n kangz n shiet but whitey came and stole our magic and gold

nice dub quads

Speak argentinian to me mat.. Oh vey

>Tribe stuck in stone age is lazy.

I am amazed.

What a beautiful culture.

:^)

They technically are atheists.

Fun fact, you can be an atheist and believe in ghosts and spirits and fairies. Atheism is only about a deity.

Why is your country the most dyslexic in the world when you only have 25 letters?

>believe in ghosts and spirits
I don't understand how that is possible. Ghosts and spirits imply an after life and implying something more than our physical universe. Something that may have influence or even created the physical universe.

just. like. aboriginals.
which is why it's so hard to pay them wages. they know it will get "lost in the mail" because when a boong complains about lost paperwork, that's everyday straight-in-the-bin nonsense around these parts.

You are the dyslexic one, you stupid fuck. You're the one having trouble reading and speaking, not me.

There are 27, btw.

I know some of these people, and honestly the way they describe nature as some mythical sentient force with a guiding hand, it might as well be a believe in a god, just not the biblical one.

Sounds like how people with down's syndrome speak

Your languages are mostly efficient by describing things literally. Other languages, as Spanish is, are more romatic in some way. Our word for plane is "Avion" which means a fucking bird in Latin.

I said don't tempt.

>"The Etoro are well known among anthropologists because of ritual homosexual acts practised between the young boys and men of the tribe. The Etoro believe that young boys must ingest the semen of their elders daily from the age of 7 until they turn 17 to achieve adult male status and to properly mature and grow strong."

>"The Etoro believe that they each contain a certain amount of life force, the highest concentrations of which are contained in semen. This life force passes to others through sexual relations. Women are seen to waste the life force if they do not get pregnant after sexual intercourse. As people get older, and their bodies weaken, this is attributed to a depletion of their life force."

Some places nearby, they just eat people instead of having a funeral burial. No use wasting "life force".

Chomsky argued that recursion was a key feature of language. In particular, you can embed clauses within other clauses. So you can say

The dog barked.
The dog that the cat chased barked.

The Pirahã don't ever seem to do this, nor do they do anything similar.

Hence Chomsky's fit. He's been pushing this for decades, and it looks like he's wrong (there's still some argument about it). He can't just say that they're primitive because muh leftism, so he basically has to pretend it isn't happening.

They're actually happy though. Unlike most people in western civilization.

>Those poor pathetic creatures have brazil nuts
>In Brazil, brazil nuts cost a fucking fortune. Mas re expensive than imported stuff like argentinian wallnuts and hazelnuts.

REEEEEEEEEE

ij is two letters. é is one letter and a poo stain, and ë is luxembourg trolling you.
you have 25 letters and 30% of the world's dyslexics. deal with.

no, that is a fallacy. I am going to talk practically here, not from the standpoint of someone who has any steak or favor of a belief, but in the theory of it.

what we would lump under the umbrella of shamanism is what they would look at for earth spirits, or just spirits/ ghosts. These are things that exist, but arent us. Another entity. How they got there, how long, it doesnt matter.

They just "are", like rocks, wind, sunlight, so too do these concepts exist for them.

That's nothing.

> toes
> foot fingers

Fucking stupid spaniards

Trips do not lie.

Speak German to me mat... يا عبد

Don't pick on colgate, they're Germany's retarded little cousin with a shit government. You may cause him to overdose on mayo.

Why is it also homosexual pedophilic rituals? Where are the pedophlic rituals involving girls?

Meanwhile developed countries have to fight pedophiles from sexually abusing our young girls.

>Primitive cultures practice pedophilic homosexuality with boys
>Advance cultures practice pedophilic heterosexuality with girls
Really got my neurons firing.

Yes, and an after life and more than our physical universe doesn't require a theistic god. It could be a natural manifestation of however the universe was created or via the laws or "between the laws". It's not a very hard concept.

If you are raised believing trees have spirits due to how the universe works, and those spirits will take care of your spirit after you die, this is still atheism, as there is no deity in the mix.

Perhaps fairies appeared in the universe due to MAGICKS and cause mayhem and trouble. This does not require a deity, it requires the idea that the universe has inherent mysticism.

I don't believe in any of this mind you, but it's not difficult at all to understand how it's possible. Before I was a full blown atheist I was an atheist who considered that there could be supernatural entities and shit still, then I started getting into science and especially physics and chemistry and ruined my own fun, but still.

no dude. savage is niggers on a remote island who don't ware clothes and probably will fucking eat you.

adjust your priorities

But yes, SJW lesbians are savages, too.

those are widespread everywhere. marrying girls at 10 years old, pedo rings in the UK, scandinavia and the US, etc etc. so advanced, wow.

>then I started getting into science

You're retarded, you don't know shit about science and if /sci/ hasn't turned into a shithole you need to stay there for about 2 years, posting frequently every day so you embarrass yourself into not being a retard.

SJW lesbians are much worse than people who will accept a packet of bacon as entrance fee to join their nightly bonfire orgy.

they're happy because they're too fucking ignorant to know better, like dogs but dumber

I mean, if they doubt that Jesus exists because no one they met ever saw him, they'd also not believe in things like Atoms or other invisible cosmic elements.

It's not like they believe in peer review or anything, they just don't believe anything they can't actually perceive

Every acknowledges that the Germans are, and have always been, the Niggers of Europe

German is a fucking master race language where everything is described like it is.
>PANZERKAMPFWAGEN
Literally armored fighting wagon.
>FLUGABWEHRKANONE
Even you can figure out what that is.
>SONDERKRAFTFAHRZEUG
special purpose vehicle.
>PANZERHAUBITZE
Armored fucking howitzer.

Imagine if the bad guys hadn't won ww2, we would have raumschiffmaschinenkanone and sonderraumschifffahrzeug.

probably true. oh man I wish I was a wagecuck wasting my days in an office prison and not some ignorant bludger out fishing with his bark canoe. I bet it feels so liberating typing on those spreadsheets.

She's not his GF.

She's the villages' and everybody who visits GF.

pish posh, korean is God's language, even the alphabet is perfect. Germanic languages have the largest vocabularies, and thus are not well suited to forming technical words. maybe something like Inuktitut would be up your alley.

Taking it one step further, how do these people even know their great-grandfathers had great-grandfathers? After all, nobody currently alive ever met them, you'd have to extrapolate to know you've had a lineage for more than half a dozen generations.

>Daniel Everett states that one of the strongest Pirahã values is no coercion; you simply don't tell other people what to do.
ANCAP AF desu

It's funny how there's advanced asians like japanese and there's this.

>Germanic languages have the largest vocabularies
Not a problem if you are a Caucasian

They're just like us guys.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ilwl25pL7Ho

But telling people not to tell other people what to do involves telling people what to do.