PhD Q Chem AMA Med Funds

Meme war veteran here.

Guy, I had it with the social justice warriors. Unlike you people, I am willing to do something about it. I recently finished a Ph.D. in quantum chemistry. Seeing the recent events I want to study medicine and specialize in psychiatry.

I want to study the neurological effects of "useful idiots" and the biochemical environment in their brains as a research physician.

However, I am already have debt from the PhD and i need help to pay tuition for med school. I made a go fund me to see if you autist could help with the fund in the go fund me page.

/Psychiatry-Funds

Also AMA
MAGA

all USA posts are useful idiots.

Well pizzabro, at least I am trying to verify what makes them like that. Possibly could add into the research what makes Italy such cucks to still believe the vatican is relevant.

Get a job, shitbird.

I work as a Post-Doc. Not enough

Larping for sheckles gys kike

Not larping. Go pick up some plantains and make me a mangu. Shut it down they know.

bump

Fuck off, like this can even be verified and done objectively. Cut deeply into your budget, eat the debt.

Put a religious twist on it and market it to the Christian Science donors.

It can be verified and done objectively. I have an idea on how to approach the research. Of course, I can eat another student loan debt.

You guys complain so much about SJW??
I thought you guys might want to invest into something that might proof leftist have mental issues.

I am also a PhD. I got paid to teach and work so no debt though - you should have done the same.

Why exactly do you need funds for your research? Do you work at a university? Sounds like it. You're fucking expected to produce research - it's part of your goddamn job.

I do research all the time adjacent to what you're proposing here, but rather as a social scientist so it admittedly requires no medical testing (or at least rarely; we have some new brain scanning equipment I haven't been trained in anyway).

If you really want to do this, look for fucking grants. We just won a bid on a grant from Google for 5 million to basically let us fuck around with Google Glass. Take a course on proposal writing and seek a grant if your institution is such shit they don't encourage and enable doctoral research. The government hands out money to scientists like candy. Just take some.

What was your dissertation on? Do you do molecular modeling or improvement on theoretical calculations

Oh and why are you in debt from your phd? Were you not funded?

Thanks for the reply. I recently graduated and if you are in academia you know how hard it is to get a job in academia as an assistant professor. I have multiple publications in both theoretical and experimental.

However, I have seen lately many tenure-track professors in my state university losing tenure due to inability to get grants.

The field I did my dissertation was too far from behavioral science. Therefore, I am aimed to get trained properly via medicine and psychiatrist.

No, my adviser never was able to get a grant, and the GTA was not enough. I had to take loans.

>can't even objectively read and interpret an article
>claims he can objectively study political-based neurochemistry
>begging for sheckles
fuck off and die OP

>However, I am already have debt from the PhD

What kind of shit tier science PH.D doesn't get paid to go to school?

Yes i did modeling and theoretical stuff. I am doing experimental as a post-doc.

Shits rough, luckily my advisor has that sweet DoE cash flowing in. What software packages did you use? I've always done experimental but my advisor would like me to learn some computation. Would be using quantum espresso, turbomole, abinit, LAMMPS, most likely

I bet you dont even have a bachelors degree.

Sometimes you need to buy things during your PhD while you are living on the paltry stipend. For example, buying a nice suit or two for interviews or conference presentations, paying for trips to conferences (because you can only be reimbursed after the fact...), medical procedures, etc. You may need to make an evasive change in housing at some point. Basically there are all kinds of reasonable scenarios in which a grad student would accumulate some debt even if they are paid.

(If grad school pay is not below poverty level, then it is damn close.)

OP, don't grovel for money, just take things slow. Work on the free or inexpensive parts of your research (reading, planning) until you have enough money or backing to proceed.

Must be a significant difference between fields then. I had a tenure-track job lined up 6 months before I graduated. All of the doc students in my program did too; I'm also a recent grad. Sometimes you just have to aim low and teach for the sisters of the poor before you can get in at some A1 research institution. I did get lucky there.

Look more into government grants and proposal writing. We all had to take a graduate course on it. If you have any shred of anarcho-whatever in you, you would be sickened by the sheer amount of money the government just throws with reckless abandon at half-baked research projects. If that doesn't work, pursue private funding. I would argue that's probably even easier to get if you can twist the proposal right. Hell, for a real top jej, contact the Clinton Foundation and see if they're in the mood to fund this (just spin it so it would sound applicable to them in the proposal).

I mean, I study fucking video games for a living and I have never had a shortage of funding. Just keep looking.

I mostly used Gaussian 09, NAMD, CHARMM, MOPAC. Also some other programs to visualize molecules, crystals and such.

if you are doing molecular dynamics, i would suggest namd rather than lammps because you can do scripts to analyze your data through vmd tk console. Also writing awk/sed script would help extract data.

MD takes a lot of time and effort. QM will be hard to set up the first time, but pretty much easy after.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks for the reply. Well, I already got admitted into med school or with help or loan i have to finish what I started!

Thanks for the response. I do heterogeneous catalysis so we work on solid state techniques and a lot of excited state based techniques. I'll do some research on namd, sounds like it has some benefit over lammps

Sry user but i got my degree in CS, something i can actually use to make money instead of begging strangers for funding on Sup Forums. Of course i was paid to pursue a degree so its hard to relate.
I can see why you hate academia with how bad you are at it.
>hector from florida
>no donations so far
lololololoololololol

Thanks again for your reply. user, the problem is that theoretical chemistry/physics is already full of a bunch of asians, indians, and autist. The pay is as low as a grad student.

To my knowledge, until I don't get an assistant professor position I can't submit those grants. I win CPU time grants all the time, but if i submit a grant must be through an established PI. Which don't even want to pay the 47k they are supposed to by law, but hire you as a technician and pay 25k without benefits.

This is the problem in material and biomedical field. It is too saturated with cheap/free labor.

That's super fucked then, friend. You should have been an enormous faggot like me and go into the social sciences (aka shit that could not be less important if it tried) and get money and jobs thrown at you.

That's what you get for trying to be a productive member of society.

Catalysis if you want the reactions Gaussian IRC (intrinsic reaction coordinates) would help if the system is small. Big system I would suggest charmm (MM) with gaussian QM.

Charrm works like namd. However the QM/MM is a pain to set up. Will take you months to compile and set up. It is worth it though.

Gaussian 09 for photon absorption and emission processes. CPMD for second harmonic generation processes.

Regards,

I never mentioned I hate academia. This is more of a AMA thread than fund raiser. However, thanks for your reply.

Thank you kind user. Maybe one day we will meet each other at a conference or something and be none the wiser over our previous interaction. Hope you find a nice academic position

You're just asking for money.

Not your personal army.

Nor are any of us the charitable type.

>drops his gofundme page asking for donations
>tries to phrase it like this is going to contribute somehow to researching how Sup Forumss main political opposition are mentally deficient.
>"also AMA"
>says its mostly an AMA

Kill yourself reddit cancer

Troll Bump! thanks

You guys must be from reddit
are you guys supposed to just sage it?