People on Sup Forums have debated constantly what Millennials are, so here's my take

People on Sup Forums have debated constantly what Millennials are, so here's my take.

Millennials = 1982–1996

Too young to remember the Challenger explosion, old enough to remember 9/11 in some capacity (assuming human beings become conscious and start truly remembering shit at the age of 5 or so).

There, debate solved, end of story. The other definitions you guys post from shitty websites are WRONG. This is the most logical definition. Saying a teen is a Millennial is like saying Nazi Germany lasted from 1933 to 1948 (i.e. false).

Time magazine is similar publications are going to die soon because of "millennials." They're just butthurt and pandering to their readers, all of whom are going to die soon.

>is
and*

Pretty sure people born in 1996 weren't young adults in 2000. The term millennial comes from millennium, chosen because they were defining the generation of people who were young adults (14-22) in 2000, the start of the new millennium. So you're off by like ten years.

>Joel (((((Stein)))))

>The term millennial comes from millennium, chosen because they were defining the generation of people who were young adults (14-22) in 2000, the start of the new millennium. So you're off by like ten years.
Yes, but that's the beginning of Millennials.

Defining the end of millennials is trickier, but I'd say 95 or 96 is the most logical ending point, because after that, they don't remember the September 11th attacks.

I don't think most people would consider 34 year olds "millennials"

If anything it just seems to be a codeword for complaining about teenagers, without the risk of sounding like an old fart for bitching about teenagers.

If I was being more philosophical about it I would say it's the cultural divide between people who grew up with social media, and those who didn't. Which would mean people who were children and teens in the early-mid 2000's.

So you were born in 97

I was born 97

I can remember every last minute of 9/11. Full detail.

>I remember being 4 years old and asking myself "Why did the building fall like that?"

No.

Unlike Sup Forums I'm not a self hating Millennial. Ascribing the traits of some to the traits of all is retarded.

The whiny special snowflake Millennials you see on the news are a MINORITY of our group, but Fox News and Infowars like the cherrypick and make it seem like we're all like that.

kek truth

lying ass nigga, I was 7 and to me it was just another action "movie".

I was born in 98, and I have absolutely no memory of the day

>boomers accusing others being narcissists
Good lord.

Wrong, 90's and up are millennials.

70's to the 80's are generation x.
If you argue that, you're a stupid twat.

Same 97 I remember because my brothers birthday got interrupted don't remember much else though

I would say it goes beyond social media since it includes people born in the 80's and instead is a catch-all term for people who grew up around and therefore comfortable with computers

>tfw a millennial
>have to deal with people my age who I'm completely out of touch with
>I feel better around people in their 40s than people around my age
>tfw probably will never find friend with whom I can connect with and enjoy their company
>tfw never will get a gf
What have I done to deserve being born at such a shitty time

>100244524
Forget Millenials. WE need to be prepared for the mexican generation. Thanks to Obama and the democrats, in about 10 years time we'll see record numbers of natural born us citizens identifying as mexican-americans. RECORD numbers. And they will impregnate white and black women alike, making some new hybrid race of people.

>Millennial
>1996
>not millennia

Really man? I've never been friends with a right-wing person. All centrists with some liberal beliefs. Get a hobby gaming, sports whatever easy way to make friends.

After 1995 or 1996 they don't remember 9/11. 9/11 is the event that binds us American millennials together, we can all remember where we were that day.

You Bongs wouldn't understand how our country changed for the worse after that

>Stein

Yes, that's who I'll take my information from.

I was born in 99' and my birthday is in 3 days, whoop. Also don't remember the towers the oldest tradgedy i 101

You're 16 turning 17

Enjoy your underage ban

MODS

i like the 1975-2000 range. there is alot of overlap with defining the late 70's and early 80's. 70's and 80's, like another user said, have always been Gen X. Now they've been moving the group timeframes around, and they're calling 70's 80's' 90's people 'millenial'.

>The Me Me Me Generation

Like it or not 2000 is the millennia, some shitty terrorist attack isn't a milestone

>You Bongs wouldn't understand how our country changed for the worse after that
We don't care enough to understand

It's almost like these "generation" things are utterly fucking meaningless.

The 70's definitely is not millenial. There's not even the beginnings of a case to make for it.

I was born in 1989 and have never, in any context, been considered generation X.

A generation is usually named by the era in which they "came of age," generally aged 12-18.

ITT:
>My generation is better

Newsflash: every generation says that. They're all equally terrible for different reasons because we're all terrible people. Especially those of us on Sup Forums.

Why should memory of the attacks determine the generational cutoff? That's not how it works, every generation is supposed to be about 20 years.

1996 is Generation Z

MODS.

Only Millennials tend to decry their own generation to the point where they try and fuck around with the dates to exclude themselves from parts they dislike -- as if every generation doesn't have its younger/older counterparts.

Accept the fact you're a fucking Millennial and stop fucking crying about it.

No matter who was the best, we can all agree, millenials are the worst!

>Only Millennials tend to decry their own generation to the point where they try and fuck around with the dates

So generation X

I mean, to be honest, that doesn't sound too bad.

You are why I voted Trump.

If I was born in 2002, to what generation I belong to?

40 year of millenal lol

i was born in the right generation

I'm a gainfully employed healthcare worker. The topic interests me and if you don't like coffee and PJs you're probably a Maoist.

Millennial and Boomers are tied for worst generation modern-early modern times. Here the generation coming up is both the most entitled generation, but also the most ambitious and the most conservative since world war 2. It's going to be a crazy transition of power.

And this post is another reason...

To the banned generation

>IGen
>>You must be at least 18 years or older to browse here.

Right. I forgot most people put on a suit and drink gin while they post on Sup Forums.

Humans have been piece of shit throughout all of history. Just because someone glorifies themselves on Instagram doesn't make them any worse than some barbaric invader in 1200AD.

Open up any history book and the majority of it revolves around shitty behavior far more brutal than any green haired tattooed lip pierced hipster scumbag could ever do.

If by millennials you mean boomers

The "Too fucking young to be here" generation, Hansel.

It's fucking stupid. I'm 30 years old, how the fuck am I a millennial? If I think of a millenial I think of someone in their mid 20s at most, and the photos you see in articles relating to millenials confirm this is what most people believe as well.

Excuse me, maam, and /or homosexual gentleman, but you forget yourself. You aren't 4channing right. You got into a disagreement and then qualified yourself to support your stance. But this is not reddit or your regular facebook/pinterest/cooking forum discussion. No one gives a fuck. I could be half naked on my bed in my boxers and I probably am. But I've never given you any cause to believe I'm pretending to be classy. I'm not a millenial and pajama boy is a grown ass man in pj's. It's fucking retarded. I don't know any men who do this. I know of boys who do and have seen faux men do it on sit-coms for comic relief.

Born between 1980-1999=millennial

Now shut the fuck up already you retards. And stop making millennial threads 10,000 times a day you faggots. No one gives a shit what generation their born in

People are complaining about Millenials because they haven't had a chance to grow up yet. Everyone in the 60's complained about all the goddamn hippies, but most of them grew up and eventually became the sticks-in-the-mud that called Gen-X punks "these unruly kids today." Those same punks are now the parents of millenials, and look where we are. It's cyclical.

>tfw watching the Challenger launch in 3rd grad class
>tfw launches were still a huge deal
>tfw cold war
>tfw not the /comfy/ 80's anymore

Nazi Germany exists to this day, with Donald J DRUMPF in charge of Amerikkka

It's a catch all for people became young adults in the 00s.

I turned 18 in 2000. I'm part of the first wave of millennials.

This shit is not by decade its generational.

I didn't qualify myself to defend anything because I didn't make any statement important enough to require it. You just took it personally for no discernible reason. My bad?

MODS

You didn't watch it in class unless it was recorded and the teacher showed it later (which may have happened, but most didn't because people died). That's one of the most commonly mis-remembered events in recent history. Odds are you saw it on the news later.

your definition is arbitrary, have fun being a Centennial though

Yeah autistic people tend to have very good memory recall.

>Not praising Kek for getting to live through the most exciting part of the best timeline.
You ungrateful cuck!
PRAISE KEK!!!

A cheap shot, but someone had to do it.

>1980-1999=millennial

People born in the 1980s lived a vastly different life than the people born in 1999. I doubt 1999s ever heard of dial up or ever used a VCR.

you are like 12

This 'generation' shit is all bullshit.

I meet 13 year olds every day with a better attitude than most 'boomers'. Sure, different generations have somewhat different shared experiences, like kids today having phones with HD cameras in school, but the variations between individual experiences are large enough that they reduce the generational similarities to meaninglessness.

Begone spooks!

If you don't remember 9/11 you are not a millennial

This makes sense. Millennials should be people who lived and grew up and lived in at the turn of the century, not people who were born before it.

>This makes sense.

It really doesn't. 1999ers are very very different that someone born in 1980. Its about the cultural and technological changes each experienced.

Millenials = 1992 to 2002

remember, remember, the 9/11 of september

MODS MODS MODS

>you are like 12

Want to check your math there friendo? Sure, he's still underage b8, but you should at least be able to subtract.

Because the world changed after that