Human bio-engineering

Tell me Sup Forums what you think about designer babies?

Sounds like a bad idea, but we'll probably have to do it in secret in order to remain competitive with the Chinese super-babies.

Watch Gundam SEED for your answer.

Why you think it's a bad idea?

i'm all for it. but i'm also self aware enough to know i'm the irresponsible, let's do it to see what happens type

Should only be used to remove susceptibility to diseases.. making people stronger and smarter might end badly, but will most likely happen..

Unintended side effects

Genetic engineered crops sounded great until they spawned pesticide resistant weeds

>cucking your linage with foreign DNA

Just let a NFL nigger with PH.D. fuck and cream pie your wife user.

Designer babies is the next step in human progress. Our natural evolution cant keep up with our technological knowledge so we will need to give ourselves a little help.

> Why you think it's a bad idea?

Because apparently people never think why something might be a bad idea. I'm getting a little fed up with science lately, all they care about is
> Can I do that?
and never, EVER if
> Should I do that?

Honestly fuck you and learn to think a bit further than numbers and elements.

Do you enjoy SJWs gloating about how they're so highly-evolved because they're more compassionate and tolerant?

Now imagine people with the same kind of mentality who really ARE superior due to their genetics.

WW3 guaranteed.

fewer ugly people . we need this 10000000%

I think it can have catastrophic consequences in the long run. Breeding humans like dogs would be more robust, but I don't think anybody wants that.

SJWs think they're highly-evolved?

It would either be a very good thing or very bad thing
>blacks and browns increase their IQ to insanely high levels and find out ways finally kill off all whites
Or
>everybody's IQ is high enough to see through the jews' bullshit and they get killed off

Or even better
>everybody genetically engineers their children to be not only intelligent but white

The only issue I see is that using the same alleles which give you the 'best' qualities will mean that a single disease could be effective against every person who has the gene (which in a designer baby society would be a lot of people). Basically our mix of inferior and superior genes have helped make sure that there are always survivors after a plague, but that layer of defense may cease to exist if we recklessly apply genetic engineering to our offspring

Do you think it will be invertible when tech is ready?

It's the most important emerging technology
If you're against this you're against evolution and against humanity.
Every government in the world should add a tax just to fund research into genetic engineering

What are the arguments against it beyond the naturally born being discriminated against because they would become literally inferior humans?

Just fukcing kill yourself at this point

but

since this is a board of self hating tranny fappers they would love it

We already have them, they're called white.

If the process is not done carefully, the embryo could be accidentally terminated.

Furthermore, the technology used is not 100% safe yet. It is only in the experimental stages at this point.

Parents may use this technology for superficial purposes; such as purposely seeking out a blonde haired, blue eyed baby for appearance concerns only.

Could create a gap in society. “Designer” babies would most likely be better looking, smarter, etc. This could create “classes” between designer and non designer babies.

Because the technology is so new, it is unknown whether genetically modifying the babies will effect the gene pool. This could cause difficulties later on throughout the baby’s family tree.

A baby cannot consent to having it’s body altered; therefore some do not believe it’s right as parents do not “own” their children.

Genes often have more than one use. For example, a gene that controls intelligence could also control anger management. You could end up with a genius, but very angry, child.

Geneticists are not perfect people and cannot 100% properly evaluate every gene. It is more than likely mistakes will be made.

Individuality will be slighted. Because most people will seek out good-looking, intelligent babies with other optimum characteristics, everyone will be relatively similar.

The procedure is not cheap, and not everyone would be able to afford it. Could create prejudice between “Designer” and “non designer” children. Could cause the “non-designer” children to miss opportunities because jobs among other things are more likely to take the “optimum” candidate for something.

The ability to “change” as humans will falter.

Found in web

Pretty terrifying because it brings up so many existential questions, but you can't stop progress so if you don't do it you'll just get taken over by other factions and interest groups that do use it.

Given everyones clear obsession with appearing white

>shitskins design white babies
>asians design white babies
>nigger ape genes go extinct
PLEASE

fuck that I want my gene therapy and immortality

I don't get the problem, considering we already do similar stuff to improve our own offspring

You look for a mate who has positive traits to pass into your offspring as a base instict

nah that wasn't due to the crops, it's the same way antibiotic resistant bacteria happened. Evolution a fun

>A baby cannot consent to having it’s body altered
Circumcision *cough, cough*

Even Star Trek was against genetic manipulation

don't make me post stefan

It will be the start of the end of the humanity you recognize.

eye and skin color and then facial features would probably be the first things I imagine, so really you would just end up with a bunch of white niggers ie slavs

Also Sup Forums is small-minded and short-sighted as a majority.

People wouldn't give a shit about looks, in just a generation or two it'd be entirely focused on modifying the utility of man.
People born capable of biologically connecting with some form of internet, people made as tools from birth for specific jobs, a hivemind of tissue and flesh. All these potentially wonderful horrors are what await us.

If you don't do it for your kid someone will do it for theirs and that will be the end of your kid.

ur dumb as shit mate

TAKE IT BACK TAKE IT BACK TAKE IT BACK

Okay geez man, but come on clearly cybernetics and robotics are going to massively overshadow genetic engineering

Wow you're stupid as shit.
We could make ourselves naturally stronger and hardier than any material known to man. We could give ourselves bodies that could survive and heat and any pressure, while having multiple brains just for processing things at hyper speeds and summarizing the data for a primary brain.

robotics will happen first though, so while that will probably happen eventually it will be largely a luxury.

Literally the future of mankind
Stop hereditary illness
Bring back blonde hair and blue eyes
Make humans on average stronger faster and smarter
Only problem is our faggot scientists and governments will realize this will benefit white and asians and will either outlaw it or give affirmative action so that niggers are given the gene treatment first
Jews will be given an exception of coruse

>as long as their not made in china...the quality control really sucks there.

We're already at the start of it, right now cybernetic limbs are only so far as being interacted with their nubs pressing buttons.

Hooking wires into nerves is a lot simpler than all the genetic research that would be required. Even eye color genes aren't completely mapped yet. But more what I meant was with robotics taking over industry and moving into a post scarcity or post labour world, would make genetic advantages for advantage largely irrelevant.

Can human biodiversity and bio-engineering be researched without ideology?

It seems the answer is no