California's disposable plastic bag ban is a complete joke...

California's disposable plastic bag ban is a complete joke. This is how stores all over the state are preparing for it and actually makes the problem even worse:

>Each bag now costs 10 cents each
>The new bags are made of thicker plastic
>They say "Not disposable, please re-use or recycle this bag"

There you have it, the same exact system as before, except now the bags use more plastic and they cost 10 cents each for shoppers. What a fucking surprise, another shortsighted, failed plebiscite in Cali "too smart for the rest of u flyovers" Fornia.

Could it be possible that people will actually reuse plastic bags now?

What's not to understand?
Instead of giving something away, they're selling it.
2+2=$$$
Having this being legaly decreed makes it easier for businesses to make the switch in a way customers keep trusting them.
Though, I'm sure the official reason behind this is less greedy sounding.

>Live an hour from California
>drive out of my way to litter pastic bags in the states
Fuck this state

nah you pretty much nailed it, this drives people to anarcho capitalism or "get the rope" natsoc

I live in Chico, CA and we've had it for 2 years. After a few months you get used to it. Just buy a few reusable bags.

kek, australia did it better

>plastic bags cost small amounts of money
>easily available cooler bags and kinda mesh bag things
>just buy a few of those and you're good to go

i only buy plastic bags when i go to melbourne, and i go out of my way to double/triple/quadruple bag shit

That's how we're doing it idiot.

I live in California and I support this.
It makes people think about how many bags they are using and only buy the ones we need.

OP said all bags still use plastic but they just cost money, we do it differently. See pic. I have 3 of them in my car.

>live in california
>go to supermarket
>everyone brings their own bags or uses paper
yup. people started doing this as soon as disposable bags stopped being free. it's been happening for years.

that's what we have here.

I have like 20 of those in my kitchen, I live in California.

O.P. doesn't get how easy those bags are and is complaining cause he'd rather use(now buy) plastic

lol what a fag

Then why the fuck are you complaining? It's a perfectly good system.

I already reuse the bags as much as I can. Usually as garbage bags.

To get back at environmentalists that got this passed I've been reusing the bags to strangle squirrels and other wildlife.

i'm not complaining. i think it's a pretty good system.

>use EBT in CA
>mfw free bags too

From paradise myself, it's really not a big deal.

I literally just got back from the store and reused a plastic bag instead of buying one.