Is the Orthodox Church correct? Is Catholicism just a rich, popular schism?

Can someone lay out the case for Orthodoxy for me? Catholic here. I hate the Pope. He's a cuck in the first degree. That said, it's not necessarily a reason to leave the Church. But, I've come to feel alienated from the Church. I hate it. I hate going to Mass. I don't do anything spiritual that I couldn't do on my own. So I'm open to the idea that Orthodoxy might be the real Church if there's a good reason to believe that's the case.

Atheists: fuck off, don't care.
Pr*testants: you are truly cancerous.
Muslims: just die plox.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3fnPwj1AMpo
youtube.com/watch?v=oTus4Ghu424
youtube.com/watch?v=w137G9Ye1q8
youtube.com/watch?v=fdmrqx3fvRo
youtu.be/qMtyTXDc9Fw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

neither are

>Trinity get
Praise!

I feel the same way, would love to be red pilled on orthodoxy

Them digits ...

Wow Poland are you trying to be Ireland 2 by forsaking your Catholic heritage in order to be a trendy, globalist Euro-cuck at a time when all of that EU bullshit is past its prime anyway? Feel free to join the potato niggers if you feel validation on the social media accounts I'm sure you have are more important than faith and tradition and ancestry.

You should attend Orthodox Mass sometime. They're even more traditional and ceremonial than Catholics. But if you're a serious Catholic, Orthodoxy is wrong, and Orthodoxy considers Catholicism similarly wrong. They are of course a lot more on the same page with each other than they are with other Churches, but they obviously have a couple of major doctrinal differences, such as Papal infallibility (Orthodox agrees to Papal supremacy, but not infallibility), the Filioque (Orthodox actually got Anglicans to change that temporarily when the two were trying to come together more, but Anglicans went back), leavened vs. unleavened bread in communion, etc. Major difference I'd say though is that Orthodox theology is more mysticism, whereas Catholic is more based on axioms and conclusions. But despite mutual declarations of heresy in doctrine, both are pretty friendly toward each other in practice, including among clergy, and of course they recognise each other as apostolic, meaning if a Catholic Bishop converts to Orthodox, or vice versa, the guy remains an ordained Bishop in his new faith.

Praise!

fuck off

I was talking about truth not about what is a good tradition

That fallacy is supposed to be a argument ?

yes?

No matter what you call yourself just remember Jesus is lord and savior and we must repent for our sins to the Lord not any man. God bless

this is why you are a christian

Mormon is the best bet for value system. Obviously they believe in nonsense but thy live like Christie should live

so you think all christianity is wrong anyway?

What does the word 'orthodox' mean?

There you will find your answer.

>it's a pr*testant post
Ugh, lame, #groanzone

Everyone says this about mysticism and shit about orthodox.

It sounds paradoxical. How come the catholics are all dogmatic and the orthodox are the mystics ?

Catholicism

That was just the destroyed rome, that wrecked europe after we destroyed those degenerate fucks over and over.

Basically the pre EU

You Jesus was anti materialistic, these fucks taxed you and cover them self in gold and idols...... Tax europe cuz christian

FUCK ROME!

What i think is 99.9% of Christians never read the bible
and priests are telling them what to think
and false idols are a sin according to your own religion

They believe Jesus is an ayy lmao. Doesn't matter what they do in their daily lives. They are a Satanic cult and will only ever be that. They're on par with Protestants who say "I worship someone named Jesus so it means I'm Christian".

No. If you don't believe in the actual, real Jesus, you might as well be worshiping an Hispanic gardener. That's why it's important to be in the right Church, and not just doing whatever you feel like.

Mormons are at least good for highlighting this to Protestshits

There are severe consequences for following and especially spreading heresies.

DON'T FALL FOR THE ORTHOSHIT MEME
It's Kabbalistic heresy. Search for a traditional catholic church near you.

Love Catholic aesthetics, but apart from that, yes Pope is a cuck.

>Protestants
anti materialistic(church) good work ethics
>Catholics lazy fucks, basically kikes, idol worship

I must admit to that I like the Orto churches I've visited in eastern shitroop though

Right, none of what you posted is historically accurate in any way. That's all bullshit / stupid atheist nonsense. Fuck off you knock off spurdo and let the adults talk.

Wow you are a serious piece of shit. Stop posting.

This, the only bad part is that Protestants don't have good looking churches or style.

>Orthodox agrees to Papal supremacy
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Russian Orthodox Church is literally lead by a KGB agent and totally infested with former KGB agents, informants, and collaborators.

Priests who speak out about it get excommunicated even today. In Soviet times they got tortured in KGB prisons and sent to labor camps.

Ukrainian one probably is as well.

only niggers cares about bling, grow up pls

Roman Catholicism likes to cling to Augustine, who went a bit too far in legalism and almost into heresy by nearly advocating pre-destination. God fearing, but still too legalistic.

Honestly, rather than ask Sup Forums, go to your nearest Orthodox Church or Monastery. The preist/monk there can answer your questions reasily. Where are you at?

Also, don't listen to fags going "ethnic club Russian, Greek, etc", they know little about it and clearly it's not a case for an argument. I'm an American convert to the Greek Orthodox Church, but don't have any Greek blood. I go to Vespers usually at my church, but occasionally go to the Russian one or Antiochian one in town to see how they are. Aside from chanting tones/speed, they're all the same Liturgies and services. Here most of any service is in English in an Orthodox Church.

What questions specifically do you have if you still want to ask anons?

Nah, good aesthetics means rich well defined culture.

I think he meant that orthodoxy agrees on pope being "Primus inter pares". And it's true

T. Timothy Ware, The Orthodox Church (Oxford: Penguin, 1993), 214–17.

who was martin luther?

How do a protestant church look like?
>not talking about your weird ass sects...

Jesus was again anti materialistic, the whole kick rebellion in the temple and so fart....

What you have today of a state and court system, that was the defeated rome taking over europe... well - orto

What is a tiende(lack anglo), gib 10% of your shit cuz God says the (((pope))) deserves it..

CANCER

I as many flags here are heathens.
We don't care what you others worship as long as you are not degenerates.

>Grandson
each time...

ouch... I see how the schools fucked your head
I thought you just were dumb due to shitty diet and no exercise and fresh air.

We don't like christianity here, it was never for us. We got a bible belt though

YAAAWN sleep.

So much in cuckolism that goes so much against your Jesus guys teachings.

>It was nothing more than shaping christianity to fit the roman conquest plan

Mormonism is polythiest and non-Trinitarian. It's by definition not Christian just as Muslims aren't.

>DON'T FALL FOR THE ORTHOSHIT MEME
>It's Kabbalistic heresy

Do you have any facts to back that statement up? Because it clearly isn't.

Truth hurts for the fanatics

>Once I was blinded into but now I can seeings
take you shit and stick it up your own arse

You don't know shit!

>tore hund was right
Think I got a song...

youtube.com/watch?v=oTus4Ghu424

>FANATICS
FANATICS
>FANATICS

BRAINWASHED

>Russian Orthodox Church is literally lead by a KGB agent and totally infested with former KGB agents, informants, and collaborators.
>no proofs

Nice meme.

Novus Ordo is the only proper modern Christianity.

Orthodoxy and Modern, canonical, Catholicism have fallen away.

Only the Pentarchy is best

First among equals. His role since the schism far exceeds that.

Holy shit dude, you're fucking insane.

For the purposes of this thread, I just want to understand the Orthodox claim to be the true church. You don't have to give a perfect answer. I'll still check out a church regardless. However, the main thing, or actually only thing, that would determine my conversion is whether it makes a legitimate claim to being the one true church.

The common Catholic argument is that Orthodoxy is a schism because they broke away from the pope. Then they cite a few letters and give a rationale for why the pope is the only authority. I assume the Orthodox church disputes this. Or maybe there's another line of reasoning altogether.

>a literal ARE YOU KIDDING ME post
>1 post by this ID
>contributes nothing to the discussion

Holy shit, this got me thinking

Why would any of this necessarily be a bad thing?

Fuck off back to spicland.

Catholics are awful.

I'm in exact same place. Doing some reading on the topic. The claim of Papal Supremacy from Matthew 16:18 is not as strong as Catholics think it is once you've read any Orthodox apologetics.

Hákonarmál, overtired translation
With christianity, we fell to slavery from free farmers and true democracy.

>Dies cattle,
>dies friends,
>the land is laid deserted
>since Hákon went
>with heathen Gods,
>the people fell to Trælldom

Bye optics, bye steel, bye tons of other science you didn't fucking discover to the fucking 17-1800ds....

CANCER
youtube.com/watch?v=w137G9Ye1q8

fucking like ISIS back them deleting every trace of the past......
>Except us, we kiked the (((pope)))
Rome needs another destruction

lazy fuckers, no work ethics
>digusting

Search for George Palamas and Theosis. It's polytheistic and gnostic heresy.

>1 post by this ID

what do you expect. are we supposed to have a theological discussion about which religion is the truth?, people have tried this forever. There exist no logic or no arguments to defend or convince people that your belief is truth. that's why its a waste of time. (ofc no religion is actually true in 100% literal sense anyways)

If you're going to believe in a Church follow one of the middle eastern Churches.

Catholic is the most correct, apart from the Priestcraft, aka Nicolaitans, who god hates (Rev 2). He likes people like you, who also hate the Priestcraft. Especially that whore of a pope. Priests are so pathe tic, god says to use Sword of your mouth; but Jezebel gets a real sword, or the actual bash - that's the other person in the church, every church, who god hates. Rebellious lying controlling bitches. Look up Jehu, in Judges.

Most of them (all of them?) are in communion with Catholic or Orthodox church anyway, so it doesn't get around the question.

>1 post by this ID

Go to one of the remote Northern Christian villages in Iraq or Syria and find your path.

Well you cannot deny that their jesus guy and that pedo muhammed lived, moses too.

Jesus is reffed indirectly in our lit.
>In Denmark around their year 0
>a great king named Frode ruled
>He brokered piece with the degenerate romans
To tired to write more

But they all existed at least, like the æsir and the vanir

Well, the Orthodox Church goes back 2000 years via Apostolic Succession, when Christ gave His Apostles the command to spread the Word among the nation's of the world. In their wake place to place they appointed Bishops to lead their flocks whole they (the Apostles) continued to travel and preach. The Apostles never had one above the other as leader, they were all equal.
The Bishop of Rome (Pope) was given an honorific of "first among equals ", but was not above any of the other Patriarchs neither before or after Christianity became accepted in the Roman Empire, or elsewhere for that matter.
In all honesty, it's too much to write here. I recommed reading the Church Fathers, quick Google search. St. John Chrysostom is truly amazing, as is St Anthony, St Athanasius, St John Damascene, St Gregory.. those are some big names certainly but there are others as well.
Before Orthodoxy, I was a Roman Catholic born and raised.
Roman Catholicism broke off in 1054AD, fully asserting Papal Supremacy. He was but one of five Patriarchs originally, so if Papal.Supremacy was from the beginning, then why did the other four never regularly and absolutely consent the Pope on all things dogma and Christian? Clearly this was the the case, and Papal Supremacy was a later, non-universally accepted innovation.

Forgive me, this pout looks like it's going every which way.
If you have jewbook, there is a group called "Ask an Orthodox Priest". Post any question and they'll be more that happy to answer in detail with citations. It's the group with about 11k followers in it. Really inciteful.

Forgot, it was named the Frode peace after Frode.

It became prosperous up here due to not constantly fighting those roman degenerates

>Theosis
>heresy
How? It's becoming as close to Christ through His teachings and God's commandments. Literally the path that Saints embarked down. It is not polytheism in that we do not become God's, but more connected with God through His grace, like Him. I'm thinking you read about the concept on your own but didn't actually consult a spiritual father that would be able to elaborate more on it. It's not a doctrine for a casual understanding. Not sure how it's gnostic to you since any of God's children ie all of us, can achieve Theosis in time, worship, prayer, and humility.

Thanks! It's a shame I had to scroll through like 60 posts of bullshit to find one legit post, but danke/gracias nevertheless.

Wow, I guess that's why the Catholic Church is essentially the most charitable organizations in the world. Because we are lazy and don't know how to be frugal like protestants (read (((frugal like jews))) ).

The lord gave us scripture , its not the church what will save you but the faith in jesus christ

What is the religion of middle easterners that looks very Catholic but is called something different? I know a lot in my community but I can't get the nerve to ask them.

The art in their house looks like Catholic stuff just photoshopped in towel heads.

Plz halp

>100286333
Alright op history lesson

>Basest of the based, Emperor Constantine of Rome converts to Christianity
>Christianity spreads across all white nations
>Empire dividend into west and east Roman

>West dissolves , east continues under the name Byzantine

>First forward ,states in eurup, Byzantine still stands, Constantinople as spiritual successor ; 2nd Rome , Russkies formally under jurisdiction of Constantinople

>Byzantine , Russkies, the Europoors with Italy, Krauts , Frenchies still are under ONE church, the first and only one founded directly by Jesus Christ

>The Bishops in Rome decide it's time to "move " forward , "be more progressive"
>Propose to change the Dogmata , holy rules laid out directly by the Apostles to NEVER be changed
>Constantinople tells them to fuck off.
>Western Bishops still insist
>"HURR DURR Get on with the program bigots , it's 1100! How can you be so rigid!"

>Schism forms
>Christian Church splits
>Eastern Church stays true to Christ hence Orthodox Church
>Western part is now Catholic church
>Changes Dogmata
>Proclaims a supreme leader , the Pope, proclaims him l literally unable to sin and King on Earth
>Horrible heresy in itself since noone but God --Christ is infallible and the head of the church

>Catholics actually believe Orthodox are schismatics
>Hurr durr they didn't want to get on with the program
>It's actually the opposite
>Century long rivalry ensures
Pope aka eurups vs Greeks and Russkies

Greeks become irrelevant after fucking up against Turks with Constantinople falling , russkies grow stronger and the Orthodox Church becomes their protectorate
>Mfw when you now ultimately understand
West vs East , Europe vs Russia conflicts in history
>Mfw I realize russkies are spiritual successors of Romans
>Mfw I start deeply respecting russians
>Mfw Moscow is 3rd Rome
>Mfw I realize all other "Christian" churches are heretics
>Mfw when Brother Nathaniel was right
>Mfw orthodoxy is the ultimate redpill

what are these characteristics then, user?

Uh... middle easterns, aside from Muslims, is mostly populated by Catholics/orthodox and a tiny minority zoroastrianism. They were heavily persecuted throughout the history, most of them are living in Europe/Asia nowadays.

No problem. Additionally, another great, free resource is Ancient Faith Radio. It's Internet-based so it has a site as well as an app and has years of interviews with priests, monks, Bishops, and Patriarchs of all Orthodox venues, as well as podcasts on all sorts of subjects relating to Orthodoxy and the History of the Church.
Highly recommend downloading the app and checking it out.

Forgot to link see my 1-2 above long ass reply

Just go to a Traditional Latin mass. Its more legit than (((Novus Ordo)))

claim to be jesus look the same, do miracles and ask people to worship him

Our pope is to concerned with mercy instead of justice but those mouthbreathing protestants who claim he is the anti christ are quite silly

> Is the Orthodox Church correct? Is Catholicism just a rich, popular schism?
Yes and yes.
There are 14 Orthodox bishops and only one Catholic bishop. Who do you think split from whom?

>The lord gave us scripture , its not the church what will save you but the faith in jesus christ

>The lord gave us scripture , its not the church what will save you but the faith in jesus christ
Are you a Muslim? Fuck off. The Lord didn't give us scripture, St. Athanasius the Orthodox bishop of Alexandria did. (Look it up.)

>Get on with the program bigots , it's 1100! How can you be so rigid!
kek

I've been waiting for an orthodoxy general for some time now but I can't find one so I'll just write here.

First of all ignore flag, I'm orhodox and have always been. But I've been thinking about Iconoclasm lately and it seems right to me. Any input on that?

Sounds like you would be better off with islam

> I have a mother and always had. But I've been thinking about getting a new mother lately and it seems right to me. Any input on that?
Faith is not a new iPhone.

Iconoclasm is just crypto-Islam.

there are to many to name

>The Man of Sin

>1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness

There isn't a cut and dry right or wrong in regards to the East-West schism. Both sides drifted apart over a period of hundreds of years for various reasons such as culture, language, politics, and ecclesiastical rivalries. Neither side has made a formal declaration of heresy against each other and relations have improved dramatically in recent years. I'm an Eastern Rite Byzantine Catholic myself (which is the same liturgy and worship as the Orthodox but in union with Rome). Good luck user, if you're considering either one you're on the right path.

This guy gets it but I would disagree on one point, traditionalist Catholic parishes are hardcore as fuck

i dont take scripture from alexandria

holy digits.

Not really I've never been really religious, I just find it strange that I have to go to church to be heard. I mean churches are all right, but I certainly feel closer to God when I'm surrounded by nature and I certainly feel that there's a bigger chance to ne heard with the sky above me, rather than a ceiling. Also I don't associate God or magical powers with icons.

Elaborate.

Only replying because you told the secularists that they werent welcome, but OP is a funny fucker,
and let me tell you why.

Its bloody telling about the nature of religion in the manner you reguard other, related religions.
All the Muzzies seem hostile to the Christies, which is a similar related faith (derivative),

the protestants hate the Catholics
(another fucking derivative),

and all of the above hate the blimmin Jews,
despite considering their legends the 'right ones' (out of the list of diverse global faiths).

Basically you worship god-daddy, and yet hate all your father-faiths.

Thats what I call bloody ironic :P

Also i went to church but never was really saved , its the bible what eventualy saved me and changed me

I'm an atheist mate, but I do respect your religion views.
It's just strange to me to see man dismissing such a big part of his life over a minor disagreement on one aspect of his faith.
Try talking with your local priests maybe? I doubt that you are alone who feels like that. Maybe they will tell you it's okay to commune with your God outside of church walls. I see no harm in it

In short, Orthodoxy is the true faith. It has kept the faith and liturgy of the early church but must be experienced to be best appreciated

As an Orthodox seminarian studying for the priesthood i urge u to visit your local parish

I'm not saying that I'm converting tomorrow and as I said I was always agnostic. So I've been going to church only on big holidays such as Easter, because I've never felt connected with the church in the first place.

This is exactly the kind of incoherent, autistic, somehow smug posting that I expect from fedoras. I don't care about your opinion, FYI but holy shit do you sound stupid.

>i dont take scripture from alexandria
Yes you do. Like I said: look it up. The Bible didn't fall down from Heaven, it was compiled and edited by St. Athanasius.

>Also i went to church but never was really saved , its the bible what eventualy saved me and changed me
That's quite logical, since protestant 'churches' are dens of gnostic heresy, and the text of the Bible is the only contact with Orthodox Christianity that's left available to you in Western Europe.

>I hate the Pope. He's a cuck in the first degree.

>Sup Forums doesn't believe anything the Jewish Media tell them until its about the pope

youtube.com/watch?v=fdmrqx3fvRo

Damn, that's a sweet ass looking flag.

Need your best orthodox interpretation by your best interpreter of Psalm 82, brothers from another.

i went to catholic churches and protestant ,i never been a protestant more like a follower of jesus
>Are you a Muslim? Fuck off

And you think you are saved? , top kek m8 see you at judgement day , you are where i was 5 years ago and i am not even there, you dare lecture me ? muh orthodox will save you

They are almost the same, what's the point? Also, checked.

I think the sound of Orthodox prayers gives you the best feeling of what Orthodox Christianity really is. I'll share just a few of my all time loved ones. Bless you, brother.
youtu.be/qMtyTXDc9Fw