Friendly reminder that Hillary WON the popular vote

Friendly reminder that Hillary WON the popular vote.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BicMzCZ88_M
youtube.com/watch?v=Ym2IjUA89gk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So?

Drumpfkins on suicide watch

popular vote isn't how the scoring system works you silly cuckold.
electoral votes are what matters and she lost.

sage

It's okay, lil' Texas. At least Big Bro Argentina will always love you.

Do you want a cookie, monkey? This was your daily reminder that you will never be white, no matter how much you meddle in white man's affairs.

Shut up Texas

Trump won the popular vote if you subtract all the illegals and dead people that voted

Friendly reminder that
1)the popular vote doesnt matter
2)3 million illegals and dead people voted for clinton

No I won't.

>friendly reminder that Hilarity won the Mexican popularity contest

good for her.

Friendly reminder that Trump is still going to be the president and there's nothing you can do about it.

friendly reminder she lost

sage

im texan and OP is a faggot

flawed argument
democracy isn't about what's fair between two competitors and how their strategies play the game so to speak but what the will of the people is and how the people appoint the leader to serve in their name

not saying the electoral college isn't an adequate representation of the people but that image makes no argument in favor or against it

That's a highly improbable board position, but this election's outcome was just as improbable. 10/10 analogy

president trump

No, it is a solid analogy. The "will of the people" is influenced heavily by campaigning strategy, or else billions of dollars wouldn't be spent on campaigning in the first place. If the objective was to secure the popular vote instead of to gain 270 electoral votes, then Trump would have focused more heavily on population-dense states that he had no chance of winning the electoral votes in, as the electoral votes would become irrelevant.

no that's irrelevant
it isn't about "the game", the campaigning or the competition
it's fundamentally flawed to view it from that perspective
it's not about what's fair for the candidates it's about what's fair for the people

is the electoral college an acceptable representation of the people or isn't it? that's the only argument that matters

Who cares?

No, she didn't. Trump won the popular vote (or rather will win, the actual election happens in December). Commoners' votes don't matter, only electors' votes do.

>is the electoral college an acceptable representation of the people or isn't it?
It was never meant to be in the first place.

No one cares

Friendly reminder the US is not a democracy.

The argument (i.e. that if we used a different system that we didn't agree to use beforehand then things would turn out differently) is flawed. That's the point that you made which I was refuting.

My comment was not about the defensibility of the electoral college system. It is defensible on federalist grounds, but it's bedtime in burgerland, so I'm going to sleep. The short version is that the electoral college system was designed to prevent the interests of population-dense and geographically-compact states from completely dominating the rural, agrarian states and perpetually ruling over them. It's a bit more complicated than that, but I've got to go to sleep.

Stop using proxies for based countries like Chile faggot.

It's more accurate to say that Kaine won the popular vote since Hillary has less than a year to live

If hillary had been calling for the removal of the electoral college well before the election then she would be justified in arguing that she should've won. However, she wasnt and neither were any of the people who are complaining about it now.

Campaigning for the removal of the electoral college for the next election is fine but you cannot expect to retroactively remove it because that isnt what was agreed upon.

She won the popular vote twice and lost twice where it mattered.

Fuck off CTR.

Cool, still won't make her president though....

No all I'm saying is that the only legitimate right to rule comes from the people. If the system does not allow for the people to decide then the result is morally and ideologically invalid, no matter if someone was promised the right to rule despite the will of the people.

I actually personally think the electoral college is fine but that's for Americans to decide. I never argued the result should be challenged, only that the chess analogy is the wrong perspective.

That's the only point I'm making. Just think this kind of thinking that puts the interest of democracy aside for the ruling elite's perceived right to rule is complacent at best and dangerous at worst.

yeah, if you count the 3 million votes by illegals and non citizens and the 2 million votes belonging to people that have been dead for years...
a recount is gonna be a huge problem for hillary.
it really was rigged for her, and she still lost.
I think it is HILARIOUS that you all press it.
>why the fuck do you think she is so quiet?

Friendly reminder that Hillary WON the popular vote thanks to ILLEGALS voting for her. This simple fact would be impossible in any non-BACKWARD country by the way.

You have to win to have won.

hillary lost the popular vote

Neat

youtube.com/watch?v=BicMzCZ88_M

youtube.com/watch?v=Ym2IjUA89gk

It's not a democracy by the national popular vote. Go fuck off.

Sup Forums deserves these threads considering they are always posting in them.

Bunch of stupid retards.

Are you saying that Americans are not completely retarded, it's just their election system?