How to become a christian?

I have been an atheist my whole life, my family, workplace and the entire neighborhood is atheist, but I feel that there is a nihilistic chaos in me, like nothing really matters and my life feels to have no meaning. Yesterday I gave it a thought and decided that I should ease myself into Christianity.

I used to be a massive SJW in the past as well, organized anti-racist protests with 122 people and conducted feminist online raids on sexist marketing campaigns, but I have become redpilled over the summer and now believe that atheism in the West leaves a huge void that could become replaced with Islam if we fail to recognize Christian values.

There are few churches in my 6000-population town but they are mostly for elderlies, so there are no proper youth groups except 45-minute-drive away. How do I into christianity? Should I read the bible? Can any of the Sup Forums christians give me advice? Could I even be saved if I have sinned my entire 23-year-old life, Sup Forums?

bump I am serious guise

Just become Christian

The only advice I'd give you is just to start talking to God like he's a friend - you don't have to make some grand gesture at first. Just start praying even if it's just in your head and it can be casual.

I would read the bible first

thank you, I try that

I will, starting on monday. I hope there is something for me that could be helpful against the nihilistic, depressive feels.

Yes you can.
Pick up a bible and read the gospel of John.

It's not very long, should take you a day or two, but go ahead and take a week, stop for a bit after each chapter and think over what you just read.

I don't know what churches are like in Estonia but it is a good idea to find believers who will encourage you should you try to walk with Jesus.

You need to go to church and speak to the priest there. It isn't do simple, you will need to be baptised and confirmed, these things can only be done at Easter.
Once you are baptised and confirmed as a member if your local church, you've basically become part of the body of Christ, a Christian.

Read the Gospel of John. Don't start at Genesis, you'll never make it. Read John, and try to think, what is the main point that it it trying to say.

There is literally no reason why one would need to get baptised only at Easter.

Luke 15:11-32

I was in a simile boat a few months ago
I would recommend starting off by reading the Gospels. Avoid churchianity - that is to say the decisive rhetoric of many denominations. There is only one way to the Father, and that is through the Son. God bless you OP and I wish you the best of luck

>tfw too retarded to follow the King James version

Reading a regular english translation is alright right g-guys?

no problem user, will keep you in my prayers - god bless you

They say basically the same thing.

start following God's law
Try to live life according to commandments.
You will fail at first but getting aware of yours sins is a necessity.

Deuteronomy 31:8New International Version (NIV)

8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

Whatever you do, don't join a protestant religion like the rest of your country
Either orthodoxy or catholicism

You must have sex with a boy.

why in particulat christianity

have you looked at all the other religions- both present and old and come to the conclusion that christianity is what you believe in and the others are wrong

im just curious if youve done research or if you were just goaded by friends to come and join them and are leaping into something all willy nilly

Assuming your English is good I advise you listen to Common Filth's podcast on youtube. He helps me see how one can apply scripture to the modern world.

Also you should try looking into if your local churches do evening services. These are more angled towards adults.

thank ((you))

appreciated

If bible leaves a strong impression on me, I will definitely join a lovely youth group.

I will try

((you))

I'd like to encourage you to check out Christian Gnosticism as I think it really applies well in our current day and age, but it's a bit opaque for someone who isn't into esotericism.

The truth is that Jesus is the main man. Check out what he said and enjoy the words of the loving and the thoroughly redpilled Son of God.

Eh whips the money changers from YHWH's temple and doesn't afraid of anything.

Also do research into whichever church you do plan on going to. Make sure it is one more interested in preaching the word as it is written, and not one interested in shekels in its donation box.

These church's will try to reinterpret scripture to make themselves more at ease with the world and not with heaven.

>How to become a christian?

Get on your knees and please jesus

I started by reading the Bible and keeping some bible sites bookmarked for anything I was curious about, especially the typically controversial parts that atheist activists like to point out. Most of their arguments wound up not holding much water. Too much to go in to since I have to be up early.

But just read it front to back, first. Then find a study guide and work on if some more. Skip Numbers if you want, its more just for history.

Once you are comfortable with the commitment, ask Jesus in to your heart. And pray. You have to take an active role in giving God meaning in your life and making sure you are letting him work in you.

That is the 'hell' redpill, by the way. People say that a just God would not send us to hell; but what I realized is its the other way around. He desperately wants us in Heaven; we go to hell by literally rejecting the offer and sending ourselves to hell with our hearts, thoughts, and actions. Its like a paycheck. I can only pay you if you will cash it.

Youre making a great choice but this wont be easy. Expect ridicule. Remember that salvation is not found in works, but good works are the fruit of salvation.

>Could I even be saved if I have sinned my entire 23-year-old life

if you live 99 years of a sinful life and on your last day on Earth you truly ask for forgiveness for the sins that you have done then yes you can be saved
we are all constantly sinning and no one sin is more "sinful" than any other
think of it like the "one drop rule" where if you have "one drop" of black blood that makes you black in the US.. to God (who is perfect and Himself has never sinned) any act whether it is lying to someone, murdering them, or even just judging them is all seen the same

I would tell you to read the bible but without a leader it's going to be much more difficult to understand.. there are many repeating themes in the bible and you can connect one story in one book to a completely different story in a different book if you can see these themes

the first step would be just start to have that conversation and bring God into your life and eventually you'll really start to feel His presence (it sounds kinda crazy and it is desu but it's true)

It's a really good Verse

Sounds good. Do you know any good christian "atheism myths about christianity debunked" sites?

I hear ((you))

Are you a Cuckolic user?

entering the Christianity means giving your life and will to Jesus Christ. Repeat after me:

Jesus Christ, I was living a sinful life which I regret. I accept you as my God and Saviour, forgive me my sins and cast your life upon me.

Then go to confession, start reading bible, try to get to know him as much as you can. He will find you and lead you.

stay strong brother

kys

Catholic or Orthodox ?

Accept Christ into your heart as your savior. It seems like alot but you can do it all by yourself. Right now, in this moment you can become a believer. Go to any Church and ask a pastor, or even google will help tell you what to do to learn more. It is a good life brother

Ignore the protestant heretics though and become a traditionalist Catholic.
Its literally the most redpilled religion.

Deuteronomy 31:6New International Version (NIV)

6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

>pope kissing a niggers feet.jpg

Put your trust in Jesus as your Savior.

Oh man I have several on my desktop but Im not at home. Sorry.

But off the top of my head, try reasons.org, its interesting at any rate. Not really debunking so much but pointing out science in the bible.

Be aware that with things like 'young earth' creation vs. Older earth theories you will find arguments for both even in Christianity.

The way I see it, its more important to just accept that humans are too curious to probably ever accept an answer, and to not sin by getting angry over it. Its not a salvational issue.

pray for others, your family and thank god for all the good things in your life. dont pray for things that you dont have. part of it is psychological since you will be thinking about the positive instead of the negative.

christianity offers freedom from religion since it takes away all material sacrifice and human authority which is why lucifarians (marxists, catholics, many apparent christians) hate christianity so much but love islam.

the ten commandments never tells you to be good, you cant buy yourself into heaven which is the lie that lucifarians believe. If you read the ten commandments from a nationalistic and traditional point of view it will all make sense. marxist have no right to use the power of the government to take your things, country and women and give it all away to foreign invaders. that is not good, it is evil and by not following the ten commandments it will come back to haunt their children and grandchildren.

It is through Jesus Christ that you have been saved, not through your own good deeds. Dont let anyone tell you how to be a good person, just follow the ten commandments.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

A religious idol can in this sense be one of the stars that has been created to lead you astray. Humanity has always used stars to navigate but when the lucifarians control the stars they will use them to lead you and you children and your grandchildren to your doom.

I said traditionalist Catholic, they want nothing to do with the post-Vatican 2 hierarchy.
Faithful Catholics are the only true Catholics, not those liberal fools in Rome.

>reasons.org
thanks mate!

I hear (((you))), thanks for the replies!!

quality post, thanks user

I assume you frown upon Anglicanism?