How did rap become the rock of today?

No one listens to rock music anymore, people want that new kendrick, kanye, chance, A$AP, drake etc. How come no one wants to listen to whites anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcCK99wHrk0
youtu.be/cegdR0GiJl4
youtu.be/yT-jonuW0Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_XLOBDo_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8
youtube.com/watch?v=DUzW-fDNEJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=lrwMMF2QS14
youtube.com/watch?v=JC5qE0h49rI
youtube.com/watch?v=hZ67H9JHAHM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_techno
metalinjection.net/its-just-business/record-sales/metallicas-black-album-now-pushing-over-5000-units-a-week
youtu.be/DPyOhP1GTRQ
youtu.be/h5BrE1Pi5cU
youtu.be/G31n1ITApY4
youtu.be/o6rBK0BqL2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eminem is too old now. Also Kanye is the shit.

>kanye is shit

fixed for you

Rock music Lately is so fucking shitty

> Eminem

Tastes change; when white people make rap and EDM people listen.

Don't forget that (((they))) control the music industry. Always have, always will.

jews

Black people actually invented rock music, with was then snatched by the white masses and made to fit their tastes. It's only a matter of time til the same happens to rap

>people believe this

This is why I have no problem with genociding blacks. This is why I love watching niggers being slaughtered en masse

Jews.

Note that the people are rebelling a bit. The bowling alley has stopped playing modern shit and gone to 80's music instead. Many local stations are doing the same.

Mainstream music sucks so bad right now that people are actually listening to 80s music because its less shitty. I grew up looking at the 80s as an unfortunate period between 69-76 and the 90s when grunge and alt started to rise.

Now, I'd much rather listen to crappy second gen synths in 80s garbage than have to listen to another new pop song.

inb4 wyat mann

Jews though.

>No one listens to rock music anymore
Speak for yourself dindu

jews

because blacks are really creative right now with the rap, while whites have completely cucked on the music

>be jew producer
>can spend long hours hunting down talented musicians or give a nigger a laptop
>can pay 5 white guys or one dumb nigger

the kikes pushing nigger music constantly in their shows/movies/whatever
lots of people still listen to rock tho

except jews are often paying teams of people to write, produce, and play the music most of the time
nigs in music are just front men and idea guys

Same with the Katy Perry types.

So many teen girls worshipping the work of 40 year old Scandinavian men employed by jews.

it didn't. it's forced upon the people to make niggers feel like they have a place in society and contribute.

also the content of the music and the behaviour that surrounds the genre helps in keeping blacks down because you can't be real thug life or respected in the scene without jail time, drug dealing etc.
this plus black conformism is a perfect mixture in blacks being their own worse enemy.

it's a war tactic.

Hard day at speech therapy big boy?
Black people without a doubt invented rock music
And also other massively popular and influencial genres like techno and jazz.
Without black people americans would have nothing musically and culturally.

niggers invented nothing
without whites they don't have any sort of music instruments, or written language, or a language that isn't clicks

>whites so incompetent they have to import wild savages to create culture for them

The introduction of nigger music into wide public distribution has been a central part of the most culturally corrosive process European civ has ever had to deal with.

Easy. Jews.

Nobody cares panjeet

nobody listens to rap either. only druggie scum.

>No one
Speak for yourself nigger

Who forced it? To me it seems like it all happened organically, unless there is some sort of a conspiracy behind the popularity of Rapper's Delight.
youtube.com/watch?v=mcCK99wHrk0

he's right though

>Black people actually invented rock music,
No. They invented a very specific and early type of rock and roll that is EXTREMELY different than rock was even 20 years later. That is like saying that white people invented music because the classical musical theory that everyone uses for EVERYTHING was invented and perfected by old white composers.

Lowest common dominator...

Les films les plus horribles sont les plus populaires, la musique la plus débile est la plus populaires...assez simple, James...

youtu.be/cegdR0GiJl4

the jews

I just listen to old rock and metal, pretty much anything before 2000

Nigger music is so shit they can't even fucking sing properly without autotune

Reminder that if you like pop music, you deserve to be shot.

Honestly, everyone grows out of angsty teen music.

The Jews made people buy this positive, non-degenerate record?
Why would they want that, and how did they accomplish it?

rock has been out of style for over 30 years

I ask this myself everyday. Even all of my friends listen to this music.
>I fell for the friend meme

Vrai, mon petit Jean...

youtu.be/yT-jonuW0Xs

>First post
>1 reply
>Not wishing him well
You guys :)

Not all niggers
youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_XLOBDo_Y

>WAAAAAH PEOPLE LIKE THINGS I DONT LIKE WE SHUD KILL THEM
Careful with all that edge. Are you telling me this song isnt good?

youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8

You have shit taste mate. Sure a lot of pop music is shit but wanting to kill everyone who listens to it is the most cringe worthy and edgy thing iv ever seen posted on here.

The "Lumpenproletariat" in the context of the cultural revolution.

By encouraging or forcing people to consume shit-tier degenerate "music", they themselves will become shit-tier degenerates. A country with shit-tier degenerates is much easier to capitulate.

>machine gun Kelly
>Mac Miller
>Macklemore
>Lil Dicky
>Lil Wyte
>Action Bronson
>Eminem
>Yalewolf
>G-Eazy

Moar all of these have huge followings. I think the problem is with you, m8

Rock has become nu-maleish shit and rap is a the only music sincere enough to admit that men want to fuck women.

This.

Rock music is now bitches crying into a mic and strumming their acoustic guitars. Ever since the hipster-is-cool trend started in 2010/2011, rock music has been on a sharp decline. Even popular bands started to emulate their style (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queens of the Stone Age, etc.).

Rap music has become easier to make, especially with the rise of trap. Just make a shitty minimalist beat, mumble shit no one understands, throw in a "panda" here and there and you've made it big.

Exactly. I was recently thinking this.
Culture and Politics being so related.
> I'd much rather listen to crappy second gen synths in 80s garbage than have to listen to another new pop song
The left has stopped being "prog" (creative, individual, risky and rebelious)
youtube.com/watch?v=DUzW-fDNEJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=lrwMMF2QS14
and started to be "pop" (commercial, plastic, derivative, safe)
There were a lot of young creative types looking to vote for Trump
> Note that the people are rebelling a bit.
As rebelion is part of the creative impetus. Politics and culture go together. "Hip-Pop" is going to die and people should do everything they can to help that along its way, possibly even draw attention and focus out to other parts of the world to help prevent the posibility of hegemony and world wide loss of creativity:
youtube.com/watch?v=JC5qE0h49rI

We need the genuine, not the Lady gaga/delusional posers. Wherever it comes from.

White "music"
youtube.com/watch?v=hZ67H9JHAHM

This. Its hard to compete with zeppelin, cream, etc.
The strokes, the white stripes, and Weezer put out some great stuff, but they are the last few rock bands that will be notable in this day and age imo. Feel free to add any other bands you think will make this list.
It's much easier to sample shit and put a crappy beat over it. Some hip hop is great, original, thought provoking, whatever, but most of it now is pretty shit as well. That last great hip hop album was probably MBDTF. Danny Brown is the only artist doing anything note worthy in the genre anymore. OG Maco is good as well.

I agree with Jazz and Rock, but Techno (electronic, whatever) stems from British influence more than blacks. Think about it this way too: blacks couldn't afford the necessary instruments/ hardware/ software to create the genre.

>rock

look at this shit

Having a huge following doesnt make you good tho, it just means a lot of really dumb people with shit taste like them.

Most of the people who listen to rap know pretty much nothing about any other type of music and literally nothing about music theory. Its basically a popularity contest/cult of personality. Eminem is the only one of those who even resembles having talent

I think the problem is we have a bunch of faggots who listen to rap.

Never Forget

Because pic related

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_techno
educate urself nigguh

>less people taking out college loans
>good for the jews
???

The main problem is that there is no band dynamic and different instruments encourage different styles of composition. Note how melodic modern music is, that is mostly down to composers being mainly vocalists and pianists.

Rap is a good genre that dindu nuffin

Rock music got cucked by (((them)))

Rap and this hip hop shit is mass produced and easy to make.
Idiots seem to love it.

It's then pushed on white culture to make us more degenerate.
Junior high kids get soaked into it and boom. Once you get the youth, you pretty much win.

>No one listens to rock music anymore

I do, but only when I'm alone. When I'm with my normie friends they all want to listen to rap and I'm not gonna be the autist who's grabbing the aux cord so I can bump Attack and Release when no one else wants to listen to it.

metalinjection.net/its-just-business/record-sales/metallicas-black-album-now-pushing-over-5000-units-a-week

Lol

Still better then 90% of the shit niggers vomit out of their mouth

>less white people
>just add 1000% more minority/women with quotas

>Careful with all that edge. Are you telling me this song isnt good?
>youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8
>You have shit taste mate. Sure a lot of pop music is shit but wanting to kill everyone who listens to it is the most cringe worthy and edgy thing iv ever seen posted on here.

Oui, c'est absolument horrible, Bubba le cuck...

youtu.be/DPyOhP1GTRQ

Not that i dont agree with you but people seem to forget that rock from the 70s and 80s was pretty degenerate and mainly only about sex drugs and the occult/lucifer.

not really though

DOES HE MAKE YOU FEEEL ALIIIIIVE?

So sad all we got from TMV breaking up was shitty sideprojects.

I cling to Steven Wilson in the hopes that the fanbase will introduce me to new awesome stuff, but the prog scene is hurting a bit right now for new artists.

>>less white people
Aren't college uneducated whites more likely to have larger families?

I love TMV, probably the last great rock band in my opinion

Rock music went through a really dark time in the early 00s with the advent of nu metal and post grunge bands like Nickelback. Pop music literally died with the boy band phase at around the same time. Hip hop became the de facto pop music while underachieving rock bands faded into obscurity. Ironically what's left of the rock music scene today is made up of indie/folk type bands like Of Monsters and Men and Florence + the Machine. A lot of people will shit on modern music not realizing that this new wave of indie folk rock bands are infinitely more talented and less degenerate than the 90s - 00s rock music scene.

Get well soon, mr. West

Pas un de vous, negres écoute du vrai prog rock avec des vrais guitaristes, bande de pauvres paysans sans culture...

youtu.be/h5BrE1Pi5cU

The problem is that is unsustainable. The minorities and women dont make nearly as much money and dont do nearly as much work. If white men cant get jobs and cant get into good schools then even the jews suffer.

the jews NEED white men to do well , something they seem to have forgotten.

Rock was nog music. Then jews wanted whites to buy it. Pat Boone didn't work so a pair of Jews got Elvis to sell it.

and vote republican, forgot about that.

its too bad all of those listed are fucking garbage

Rock n roll began to die in the early 80s. Grunge, alternative, and heavy metal carried it through the mid-90s, but by the early 2000s pretty much all rock was shit, there were a few bands still pushing the ball forward, but they've all either long faded into obscurity or gone to shit by now.

Rap and hip-hop and pop are pure Jew. They were pure nigger in the 80s and 90s, which is why people like them, but when the East-West war ended the music also went to shit. Eminem was probably the main killer, because he brought rap to the white kids and turned it mainstream, which meant that it was no longer a group of artists and content creators pushing the boundaries of acceptable, but rather a series of corporate interests trying to water down the unacceptable so that it could be sold in Wal-Mart.

Music is pretty much dead.

They're lying to you and new rock sucks ass.

Tool!

>the jews NEED white men to do well , something they seem to have forgotten

Ils ont besoin de bons goyims avec un Q.I. de 85, James...rien de plus...

youtu.be/G31n1ITApY4

New Mac Miller and Action Bronson are pretty good.

underrated

get well soon mr. west!

>Limp Bizkit was the final pill.

I still liked nu metal more than whatever the fuck we have now.

Mudvayne, Taproot, Slipknot, etc defined my middleschool period. Of all of those I think only early Mudvayne is still listenable.

I still have a lot of love for SOAD.

I was thinking the same thing. Probably the last truly great rock album was 10,000 Days, and that was 10 fucking years ago.

Get well soon Mr. West!

No one listens to rap

Just look at the percentage of rap sales compared to other music

Look at the percentage of rap listens on pandora compared to every other genre

Literally the only people who listen to shitty rap have sub 100 IQs. The majority of people I know anyway listen to modern day alternate indie rock.

It's interesting to watch the resurgence of 80s retro. Both vaporwave and new retro wave are evidence of it.

Retro music leaps and bounds in the Trump candidacy. Trump is a retro candidate. Trump is reminiscent of the 80s and 90s. He explicitly pulled slogans from Reagan (make America great again, drain the swamp).

Part of it is nostalgia, but it's also the lack of creative energies from mainstream music. Pop music is corporatist crap carefully calculated to make money. Trump excites people. Hes high energy. That's why he won. Creative music, even if it's derivative of 80s new wave, is high energy.

Get well soon Mr. West!

Rappel quotidien qu'une fille Française de 17 ans est plus talentueuse que tous les negres sur cette terre(minus Tosin Abasi)...

youtu.be/o6rBK0BqL2w

fyi: Tupac is being inducted into the Rock n Roll hall of fame

I mean they are literally becoming the new Rock, how this came to be I don't know either
They are two distinct genres

folk music today is literal cancer.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "rock music" and what demographics you're looking at. I see styles of music that used to be considered underground and obscure being shuffled into the spotlight as hipsters glob on to the next trendy flavor of music. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, it's just a result of music diversifying and reaching more listeners thanks to the internet.

>modern day alternate indie rock
AKA homosexuality in audio format

92.9 classic rock out of Washington state is the best radio station on the planet.

Listen over the net. Brad and John are fucking hilarious.

Because anyone doing rock right now is a total fucking hipster pussy.

No ones screaming anymore and I don't mean metal. Kurt Cobain for example had a nice blend of his slacker style grunge that would explode into frenzies.

These days everyone is a fucking limp dick.

I would argue that animal collective even did well by amping up the energy and kept screaming in the music tastefully, but I wouldn't call it rock music.

If music is so simple right now it doesn't seem hard to pick up a guitar and make rock music on the same playing feels technically as trap, to be palatable. But I'm so sick of the lack of energy -

Homrehake is good for example but it gets monotone and too chilled. Same with mac demarco. But they don't have a hard edge, there's nothing bad ass about any thing new in rock.