What's your country's greatest musician/band?

What's your country's greatest musician/band?

>The Band

The Band is incredible, but < Neil Young.

Probably Magma

not big on music anymore. the usuals: glenn gould, oscar peterson, leonard cohen (RIP). i live on cape breton island and our fiddle music tradition is incredible too. i'm also a bit of a metal fan (lol) and quebec has produced some of the most creative groups in the genre. skinny puppy makes pretty catchy music, i guess?

fuck godspeed you black emperor, the arcade fire and all that other effete indie crap CBC/exclaim/whatever pushed 10 years ago though. GY!BE is especially awful for all the bush-era pseudo-leftism they espoused and tried to pass off as "radical". boring, boring band.

CBC doesn't know shit about music. Most bedroom musicians could outdo that quirky indie garbage they play.
He's my close second. Beach Boys or the Byrds for the States.

Too many to list here

>French progressive rock

o shit

Might have to check them out, any suggestions?

Rush

magma is a meme band. they're what people name drop when they want to impress all their friends to knowing what zeuhl is.

i don't think anyone but record collector types or the stuffiest of nerds would be impressed at anyone knowing about magma. horrified, maybe. i don't think freaky sci-fi jazz prog sung falsetto in a dumb conlang has ever had much cultural clout

Probably Rush.

Green Day

Eww.

It's The Doors m8.

US has way too much good shit to pick anything in particular. In general most people are just going to pick their favorite but that applies more to the US and the UK considering the massive volume of great and influential bands that have come from them.

It's Neutral Milk Hotel tbqh :^)

Might be true ; Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh is a masterpiece nonetheless

fucking leafs

The Velvet Underground

Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Leonard Cohen
Cryptopsy

idk if they're overall the best band, but this is the best album to ever come out of the country

hank williams

Nice; in terms of impact on their genre no one comes close to Hank Williams and Snow in their respective countries.

I COME FROM A LAND DOWN UNDER

Polish bands are for the most part pretty bad.
But normies like Acid Drinkers.