I just beat this game for the first time can someone explain how he was the bad guy?

I just beat this game for the first time can someone explain how he was the bad guy?

you play as raiden who was tricked by the patriots

He wasn't

Literally everyone who has played this already knows he wasn't the bad guy, he was just rebelling against the Patriots

He wasnt. Raiden was, as he was an (unwitting) agent of the Patriots.

Solidus did NOTHING wrong.

what about the child soldiers thing and killing Raiden's parents and taunting him about it?

Solidus is Trump

Raiden is your average vaguely liberal regularfag

Patriots are MSM and ((people)) like George Soros

Ocelot is Sup Forums, Liquid's arm is KEK

Snake is Pepe

Real life is the director's cut where either Raiden decides not to fight Solidus, or Solidus wins.

No different than Frank Jagger offing Naomi's parents and keeping the Loli for himself.

NOTHING.
WRONG.

He wasn't, he was a man who did horrible things because he was told. When he finally realized what he did, and how he could atone for it, it was far too late: the people who made him do bad things in the first place had already anticipated his actions and put a contingency in place.

>As Solidus is dying he looks at a statue of George Washington with a defeatist "I failed you" look

Why do Nips make better western political games than actual westerners?

Because they are jealous.

Too bad they stripped out the flags because of 9/11

I work by Federal Hall every day I pass it and all that comes to mind is that Raiden and Solidus fought on top of it. One day when I see Japanese tourists I am going to tell them thats where it happened to see if they remember.

That's how Raiden met Rose, trying to tell some Japanese tourists which tower King Kong climbed.

>Raiden is your average vaguely liberal regularfag
that implies they actually have the conviction to fight for what they believe in (not counting rioting in 100:1 ratios against the cops or conservatives), the ability to handle a weapon let alone not die of a trigger attack from even thinking about a bolt action 22, and the physical endurance to go outside for more than 15 minutes without a car or starbucks

No Jews.

He and Armstrong were both the good guys

>That'sthejoke.jpg

Solidus only cared about being remembered by history. America being free was simply a consequence of it.

The only true good guy was Solid Snake. Yes, he was an agent of the Patriots, but he and Otacon were the only ones who cared about posterity through Philanthropy and destroying every Metal Gear in the world. They wanted to fix the world both their fathers created. Ocelot is a quintuplet agent turned anti-hero who wanted anarchy instead of the Patriots' control and tricked Snake into destroying The Patriots in MGS4. Whether he is good or bad is up to you.

I like the idea that MGS 1 was just a simulation.

Toobad the game had to continue after 2

I took a screenshot of this post because it made me laugh and I'm just trying to go to bed

Good work

>presidential candidate with an exuberantly confident straight talking strong man persona who uses the threat of muslim attackers to manipulate internet outrage into getting him elected so he can enact his isolationist self-sufficiency policies to cure all the liberal bullshit he hates about modern american culture and stop getting dragged into other countries wars and literally says he's going to "make america great again" by "expanding our memes on the internet"

meme magic, son

Armstrong bought into the American exceptionalism bs meaning he would be just another guy continuing the work of the Patriots.

The Solidus Snake-Raiden relationship is supposedly artificially created (through manipulation of events by the Patriots) to simulate the (before he became Big Boss) Naked Snake-The Boss relationship. Solidus had an elite team and so did The Boss. Raiden kills Solidus, just like Naked Snake killed The Boss. Solidus "created" Raiden, just like The Boss "created" Naked Snake. It's all in an effort to test the Patriot's ability to manipulate information, which is instrumental in manipulating events to achieve a certain outcome.

They were all unwitting pawns of the Patriots. Solidus Snake, who is a part of the Les Enfants Terrible and was created to serve the interests of the Patriots, until he "rebelled" (which was actually orchestrated to happen by the Patriots); Raiden, who was "made" by Solidus and is supposed to happen; Solid Snake, who is also a pawn until he actually help stop the Patriots.

If anything, Zero is more like George Soros. A deluded prune with his own vision of what the world should be/interpretation of the will of the Boss.

>tricked Snake into destroying The Patriots in MGS4

He didn't trick anyone, Snake and everyone else knew the world would have a massive power vacuum with the fall of the Patriots. It was just deemed worth the cost.

MGS 3 didn't really change the quality of MGS 2, just filled us in on Boss' backstory and told us everything we needed to know (which then got derailed by 2 sequels). MGS 4 was when it went off the rails.