is it really that bad?

I DONT KNOW user WHAT DO YOU THINK!? REEEEEEEE
>san_fran.jpeg

short answer: yes
long answer: yes

Basically killed if you admit to supporting Trump

wtf

any trucker will tell you there is some weird shit going on in california

Since is almost commieland, how are prices, job oportunities and general services around there?

Amazing if you are rich and white.
Horrible if you are poor and white.
Average for everyone else, high cost, impossible to own decent property.

It is absolutely filthy and disgusting. Shit and piss in the streets in some parts. Garbage everywhere, you always have something blowing in your eyes, the whole place is nasty.
t.lived in the bay area up until last year

It's the New York of the West Coast.

literally my first post on Sup Forums

San Francisco is the worst/dumbest place that exists in America. It's bullshittly expensive, the people talk about how progressive and open minded they are unless you disagree with them, the public trans sucks, the escalators break down regularly because homeless people shit on them so much

Yea, the whole bay area is some bullshit

Visited there last summer, drove from Buffalo

>Somehow arrived during "gay pride week"
>Bums fighting over cardboard every few feet
>City Californians are as scummy as New Yorkers
>Spent 10 dollars on a bottle of soda at some point
>Everything is a tourist trap
>Stoners smoking weed in public next to cops who don't give a fuck
>Smokeshops on literally every block
>No fat chicks, aside from tourists
>Chinatown is half the fucking city
>BART is pretty cool I guess

My holiday trip was pretty cool, but it was fucking expensive.
I got laid because of my Arabic accent, but the guys were all fucking hairy.

Hey potential friend! Glad to have you! Please be sure to make a introduction thread so we can get to know our newest friendo!

Can't walk a block without a beggar hitting you up for bills -- coins are worthless because everything is too expensive.

The RC plane mission in San Andreas. I always imagined it to be someones bitter interpretation of San Francisco.

Never been there so I dunno.

>the public trans sucks
You're so progressive over there you have a public trans to give out blowjobs?

I'd nuke it.

>Somehow arrived during "gay pride week"
they have 52 of those a year

Unless you are making six figures or higher, YES, IT SUCKS.
-Old buildings with peeling paint that noone fixes because the land is worth so much it doesn't matter what the building itself is worth
-Human feces on the sidewalks downtown
-Mentally ill dancing homeless people in the streets
-Too much street crime for how much money the city has to fix it if it wanted to
-You can be making 60-70k a year and live like a cockroach or college freshman sharing a mediocre apartment with 1 or more other people
-Crazies of all kinds are drawn here like moths to a flame, not cool crazies but weird creepy ones
-There used to be nice, friendly artistic people but most of them left when it got expensive a few years ago and they couldn't afford it
-Vapid politics, supposedly progressive but the progressivism is just SJW bullshit and shopping at whole foods, nothing about fixing big problems
-Seems like most of the non-rich people who are still here are assholes or crazies who lucked into rent control years ago and are now holding on for dear life
Etc.

I was there for a conference last year. The nice parts of the city are pricy, but very nice. Then one night we were taking a cab back to the hotel, we turned down one street and I thought we were in a favella in Brazil or the jungle in Calais. I guess the cops let the homeless congregate on certain blocks and this one was wall to wall cardboard housing.

Oh yeah, and
-Most people here are fucking stupid as all hell, the sort that read one popular non-fiction book per year but think their political and social opinions are worth something
-The tech workers include some of the little actual IQ that exists around here, but a lot of people hate them for driving prices up. And even the tech workers seem to mostly be guys who are only smart about tech, nothing else.

On the plus side, good place if you have yellow fever.