Architecture and cultural marxism

youtube.com/watch?v=O2onUOZzGZc

youtube.com/watch?v=G6IBEjOHUHs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8pXJWVszNM
youtube.com/watch?v=GGjk1NeLb7o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is there no /architecture/ section in Sup Forums?

because chinkmoot is a dumb jew who can't financialy manage an image board, which ran for over 13 years without any problems, in the first year of his ownership

I want /architecture/ now. Think about the potential to educate kids against the modern culture-destroying concrete-glass-architecture shit.

that extension looks fucking rad desu.

Looks like a video game glitch

Looks like a fucking tumor, how out of place it is, you twat.

would be highly glorious

please stop. i'm on verge of tears here

JUST

Well this "out-of-place"-gag is used often by the architectural Jew

youtube.com/watch?v=S8pXJWVszNM

Here's an exception.
[spoiler]The government which build this was Socialst[/spoiler]

I like that extension. It could easily be removed and adds tension to the whole ensemble.

Thanks Norway dude for celebrating the degenerateness of modern architecture.

nah, you're just a boring cunt, m8.

okay, but lacks bravery.

that's just cost savings.
if architects were left to their own devices without severe budget constraints buildings would be far more interesting.

I hate modernism too, however a lot of these buildings fell into disrepair and repairing these buildings would have actually cost more than to simply refurbish them with new materials and a new style.

However, the style is ugly as fuck and everyone who lives around those places agree.

Image glitch, fix your shit hiroshima.

Now, we've all been assaulted by the sight of ugly, soulless, modernist buildings. Indeed, it seems hard to step out of one's door and avoid seeing one of these brutalist horrors.

However, there is a more horrific recent development in architecture that may be even worse than the construction of new modernist monstrosities, and that is the phenomenon of parasitism.

The Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, once a regal, 19th-century, Historicist marvel...

...now blighted by the addition of a twisted mass of steel girders sheathed in aluminum.

This thread is the most depressing I've read this evening. It's difficult to grasp the amount of cultural destruction, I even feel a bit insane because of it.
Can we burn down the modernist architecture schools as well as the liberal media when SHTF?

An architectural "parasite," then, is an incongruously ugly, modern appendage that has been affixed to a formerly beautiful, traditional building, an addition that looks like a nightmarish tumour on formerly healthy living tissue.

Perhaps the world's most offensive example of an architectural parasite blights the following building, the only museum in Dresden that was not destroyed by the Allied terror-bombing campaign of 1945. The very fact that this one museum did survive the war obviously made it a target of particular resentment to the modernists, so the architect who was put in charge of the building's "restoration" in the 2000s drove a hateful shard of iron and metal into the museum's heart, as if he were a murderer trying to slaughter the past, to kill the beauty ideal itself, to rape the very soul of the German nation.

>What shall we do about this 400 year old prison in the city centre?

very nice. post more of these please.

Modernists demolish our theater, because it was not nice enough to keep it after the bombing

Nowhere in the world is there a nation more vulnerable to the aesthetics of guilt (owing to the propaganda that has been levelled against it over the past 70 years) than Germany, so little wonder that the country is especially blighted by architectural parasites. The elegant Neoclassical façade of the famous Congress Hall in Nürnberg, for example, now suffers from what looks like a pair of gigantic metal shears tearing into its side, while a misshapen metal box perches crazily on top.

The creators of these architectural parasites go out of their way to defame the past by every means available to their warped minds, whether through violent ugliness, as shown above, or through idiotic lunacy, as seen in this picture of a pathetic addition to the Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam, which resembles an oversized kitchen sink.

Most visibly parasitic of all is this nightmarish extension to the Port House in Antwerp. How fitting that the modernist addition should look like a gigantic cockroach, like a Lovecraftian terror out of a bad sci-fi film, about to prey on this vulnerable historic building beneath it. In just such a way has the legacy of Western culture been violated and ravaged by the resentful modernists, who hate its beauty with a zealotry bordering on fanaticism.

Good thing there is usually enough money to support some niggers in Africa.

In 2010, the city of London tore down the beautiful, 19th-century Chelsea Barracks...

...and intended to let modernist architects erect a grim regiment of glass-and-concrete boxes in their place...

...until HRH The Prince of Wales interceded with the Saudi royal family (who owned the land) and lobbied for a more classical alternative.

Must watch video: youtube.com/watch?v=GGjk1NeLb7o

The video illustrates the vital necessity for a nation to be governed by a noble class with a royal family at its head. The arrogant, elitist architects in the video show absolute contempt for the people who actually have to live in the buildings that they erect, and assert that only professional architects are entitled to have a say in artistic matters.

Their comments reveal how empty is the claim that in a democracy, "the people rule." In fact, in a democracy, the people are the powerless subjects of the plutocrats and the elites.

Prince Charles, on the other hand, does speak for the people. His preference for Beauty in architecture reflects the true taste of the public, and through him, the will of his subjects is manifested.

It is not a coincidence that modernism metastasized and the beauty tradition was displaced after the world wars, when the European aristocracy lost its political position. Historically, the nobility had ever been the check on the power of society's hostile moneyed elements, which always resented European civilization and sought to undermine it. Tragically, as the aristocracy was displaced, our culture was left vulnerable to enemy predations.

But the actions of the Prince of Wales in rescuing London from at least this one modernist blight exemplify how the nobility can still fulfill its traditional function, defending the European people and their culture from hostile forces. In centuries past, they would have done so with a sword in their hand; now, they do so via the pen, but the effort is just as heroic.

The first looks like its made of sand and mud.
The second is like a bismuth cristal.

>What about an American style shopping mall?

>Demolish the entire building, but be sure to only leave the old entrance gate.

I HATE THIS FUCKING WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They probably get huge paychecks for these monstrosities while I rot as a NEET.

Because 75% of it would be bashing on modern and postmodern architecture, 20% would be contrarians defending it, 4.5% would be people sharing their crappy sketches or 3d models, 0.5% would be architecture students and architects, and the total traffic fro the board would be about 150 people.

Brasília is a prime example of futurist/atheist/communist architecture. Pic related, the church

This thread makes me angry

I'm sad now.

We don't need any more subreddits

jew wants to make everything ugly

Wasn't that entire city planned around modernist techniques down to even the distance between buildings?

And isn't it considered a huge failure?

I think half modern - half old buildings are pretty rad.
Here's one in Klaipėda

>Stedelijk Museum
All the others were debatable, hard to, but debatable
But holy shit, this is some next level crap

>all this modern architecture is actually post modern

>communist
>church

This image accurately reveals the egocentric mindset of the members of today's hostile cultural elite, who look with resentment upon thousands of years of Western art, in all of its beauty and splendour, violently hurl it aside, then impose themselves as the sole arbiters of culture.

Here's another one. Blends in really well if you ask me.

Kim Jung Hun ?
Trump ?

So?

The Colonial Mutual Life Building, once considered the grandest structure in the Southern Hemisphere.

These are not so snowflaky and it looks like they fit the surroundings, which is how it should be done.

wtf is atheist architecture?

Sup Forums.

The feel it inspires is kind of like a bit of throw-up stuck in my throat, as well as a strong desire to leave the area.
My eyes and memories have gained nothing from looking at the giant sink, in fact in makes me feel ill.

no point in creating a board just for that, it would be a waste of already limited and expensive servers.
Plus there already are quite a lot of architecture threads on Sup Forums and /his/ (and they unvariably rehash the same sort of stuff and repost the same "before-after" pictures)

Bradford city centre is a crime against humanity

Please tell me this is fake

They did the same shit here with one of our oldest theaters. They used a fire as an excuse to build a square abortion rather than restoring the original one.

>that's just cost savings
thats a fucking lie, all these modernist buildings cost a shitload

I much rather prefer modern architecture then old outdated architecture. Modern buildings are simply much better and efficient.
Here in in the Netherlands we have shitty "historical" villages and towns out of medieval times.

They are ugly they are not modern, no beautiful glass buildings, no IT jobs, only this boring small-town-life (everyone knows everyone, no diversity, etc.)

They should be destroyed imo, they actually cost us money. Especially throwing money and restaurations of castles and other boring buildings costs billions of euros.

We should stop investing into that and instead invest into our IT industry which is the future and which will make more money instead of just "m-muh culuture", when Europeans ruled the world. It's 2016 now get over it.

Its real

Or an overheating graphics card.

I don't know about your country's architecture & urban planning schools but here they are almost fully converted into liberal fine arts type of "art", literally zaha hadid copycats all of them.

Is this the source for cs_parkhouse ?
Noice.

JUST

Kek

In Norway they are building a viking museum formed like a crescent moon, I'm not making this shit up. It's like architects are doing their best to take a dump on European history.

please. don't delude yourself into thinking it would be cost effective to bring in artisans to carve stone facades in this day and age. nor can you have gilded and marbled interiors with giant ceilings for the most part - was torn down precise because of that.

you guys want to blame muh cultural maxism but the ugly buildings posted here are just commercial reality. floor space and easy maintenance are the driving factors for commercial high street and office blocks.

some of the artsier buildings posted here are really quite nice but you guys just want grotesque carvings all over your shit.

Not to the same extent, but I have to see this on a weekly basis, and it fills me with anger every time.

I like it somehow. The building is not older than 300 years anyway

is Wright /ourguy/?

>repairing these buildings would have actually cost more than to simply refurbish them with new materials and a new style.
This is why the US doesn't have culture.
Cultural heritage doesn't have a price tag.

There has to be a way to make something look decent and still be cost effective

i dont get this one ? someone explain

There are unironically americans on this board who believe this when discussing historic architecture.

HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS SHIT

It's justified according to me. Every first world country in Europe should have one modern town. Rotterdam prevents architects to put highrises somewhere else in city centers of the Netherlands

The thread of sad feels. I feel hopeless. All we do is lose.

Before

I think it's saying that the modernist piece on the left was more expensive than the traditional piece on the right, and even though it was double the cost, it looks like a shit in comparison

After

Actually there's a guy that has devised a method of 3D printing with concrete that will allow for cost-effective revival of old artistic styles. I hope it catches on.