Why aren't you learning a new language Sup Forums?

Canada, America, Australia: Prove you're capable of learning more than a disgustingly butchered version of your first language.

Europe: You better get to work on Arabic if you want to raise literate and relevant children.

Sweden: شكرا لك سيد that should be all you need.

Everyone else: Learn something more useful than your useless third world gibberish.

duolingo.com/

memrise.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Canada, America, Australia: Prove you're capable of learning more than a disgustingly butchered version of your first language.

Stopped reading

no surprise there

lmao literally why

All educated White people are literate in and speak English fluently everywhere in the world.

don't you travel? don't you want to be able to understand the goings on in the fatherland user?

Most Europeans speak English fluently everywhere in the world

>Canada, America, Australia: Prove you're capable of learning more than a disgustingly butchered version of your first language.
You have no business trying to talk about language, and not just because you used the wrong "your" there.

I can't decide whether I should learn German to read Mein Kampf unabridged and unchanged, or japanese because I am a weaboo faggot... Tough choices.

저는 한국어 공부헤요

I already know
>Finnish
>English
>French
>Swedish

I speak Japanese and a decent level of Spanish and Icelandic on top of English.

I'm currently learning Polish. It's not easy.

Thinking of also trying to pick up Finnish or Estonian just for the challenge.

Arabic, relevant to white people? Nah.

>American learning Icelandic
Var það erfitt?

jak sie masz? ja mowie po polsku :DDD

Kinda wanna try Estonian.

I speak 4 alreay

I speak French, English, German and Polish fluently. Are there even jobs involving languages anymore? I want to be a German translator/tour guide/whatever but I'm not sure if there is even a demand for this, at least here in Canada

I'm learning Latin

I have no desire to communicate with other people, but would like to know more than just English.

I wanna learn Netherlandic, where do i go to start learning?

Apostrophes are used in possessives you stupid fucking leaf.

ching wong bong hong kong nip dip slip dong gong

I've decided to learn French.

>gookspeak
How useless.

Very, but rewarding to be able to go to the bar and engage in simple conversation. I would have some serious brushing up to do next time I visit though.

I spent a semester teaching in Reykjavik a few years ago.I taught in English of course, but since I was there, why not pick it up? The roots of English are the same as the roots of Icelandic in (north) proto-Germanic, so when you start looking for the similarities rather than the differences, it becomes much easier.

Japanese is a simple language, desu because it's highly structured - the verbage and conjugation is all very organized and simple compared to most languages, but I find myself struggling more than ever with Polish because it doesn't have the proto-Germanic origin to latch onto, nor does it have the simple structure of Japanese to make it easy.

Also, top fucking country you got there, don't let shitskins in if you can help it.

There is literally no reason to be bilingual

Wow, you are a fucking idiot.
Let's see if you can figure it out on your own.

i will give you one downside; if you read h doujin, once you start learning japanese, it becomes distracting to try and just fap through it without wanting to look up the kanji every dialogue bubble.

You're in fucking Sweden. How hard can it be for you to find a Dutch language tutor?
Fucking, just go to the Netherlands. I wish I had such easy access to foreign language immersion. The only thing I have available is butchered Spanish.

Europeans make fun of us for not being bi-lingual, but I don't think that you appreciate how difficult it is to learn and maintain fluency in a language when you have literally no one to talk to in it in regular conversation. Language is a perishable skill.

My mother is German. So I can speak some German, does that count? I've been taking it as an elective in college too so that I get more fluent.

I hope you never move to California

thanks because that would be an awful thing to want someone to go through

>I'm currently learning Polish. It's not easy.
kek
>Thinking of also trying to pick up Finnish or Estonian
kekkimus maximus

godspeed, user

I already know 4.
Spanish, italian, french and english.

German seems fun and a lot of literature concerning my field it's written on it.
I'd like to learn russian too and latin it's a must.
Maybe someday I'd learn mandarin and arabic

callate, sucia hoja

I really hate how the conjugation of every fucking word for every fucking tense works in your language, kolega.

Still, Polish appears to be at best a mid-boss compared to ultimate final boss of conjugation and tense bullshit: Finnish.

Well, studying Latin grammar really helps a lot, the only thing I don't like is that controversy related to pronunciation rules

Is this bait or actual stupidity?

>that pic
I thought the french were from franko-germanic tribes.

I am learning Finnish currently.

Who cares, honestly? no one uses Latin orally outside of the Catholic church, and they obviously just use Ecclesiastical pronunciation because it makes most sense to them. I use Classical pronunciation myself because it makes me feel badass reading it aloud.

Not Renzi.

Well, Polish works exactly like Latin, I mean that words, case endings, conjugation endings etc. look different, but the logic is the same. The funniest thing is that old English had it all too, but then it evolved so much that you can barely see its Indo-Europan heritage (I mean its grammar). Finno-Ugric languages seem to be level impossible for me, too many strange inflections.

PS: I know Spanish, English, French and German.

You need to be 18 to post , user.

Back to grammar school with you

Way ahead of you user.

Already fluent in German, conversational in Japanese. Axis languages bitch (except fuck Italian)

Open question: is it degenerate to learn Mandarin from my Chinese gf? I feel it may far exceed the utility of German/Japanese in the future.

现在我学习汉语可是最难

Da / pol / nur weiße Männer mit über 120 IQ ist, sollte das Lernen Deutsch einfach sein. / Pol / ist ab sofort ein deutsches Brett.

Learn C++, the only language that really matters.

Ausfag here. Know French and German; currently learning Chinese Mandarin and Thai.

¡UNA HOJA CHINGADA!

Why?

The brain has limited storage capacity for knowledge. Only a fool would waste it learning multiple languages or live in a place where it was required.

t. Faggot that's never left Canada

Pretty good mate. What approach do you use for language learning( the more detailed your response the better). How old are you to know 3-4 foreign languages.

What Polish text books are you using?

My foreign languages are English, German, French and started Japanese (2monts ago) and Polish (a week ago) simultaneously.

It's urdu for you fags.

Jeez, I cringed reading this

Because I speak English and so does every other person of worth in the world.

What language is easier for an English speaker? French or german

It's degenerate to date a gook in the first place so go for it fag

I've been wanting to learn a language recently, but I never decide
Could some native tell me which of this languages is easier? (Im trilingual btw) Spanish, Galician and English
>German
>Polish
>Russian
>Japanese
>Latin

Pls help, I would be ok with exchanging spanish lessons with somebody for tutoring

If your German and French are on the same level as your English then it's quite impressive. Japanese has this really cheap official exam - JLPT, you should check their vocabulary lists and grammar points, unfortunately I failed and then switched to Chinese.

obvious bait is obvious

In order of difficulty:
>(Easiest)
>Latin
>German
>Polish
>Russian
>Japanese
>(Hardest)

But I thought Latin was hard, how come polish is so hard?
Where can I learn polish/german
>Fuck duolingo

You already know a Romance language (spanish) so latin will be easy

Japanese is simpler than English is some regards, once you can wrap your head around the word order.

I know Polish and English fluently, and enough Spanish to befriend cooks. What should I learn next?

Im pretty spooped by the 7 'modos', not gonna lie

French is much easier. The reason is that you have more words in common with the french than with the germans. If you start both of them you would find German easier the first week because easy pronunciation. One week is the time you would need to get accustomed to French sounds and pronunciation. After that it is much much much more easier than German.

t. Learned English, then German, after that French.

A side note is that both languages are good to get into because they have a lot of free stuff to "consume" online. French more so than German. I am talking about TV streams, books, movies, series, anime, manga. Can confirm that the Frogpeople dub their hentai.

Polish and Russian are rather hard for non-Slavs, we have some "strange" things like verb aspects (not moods, although we have them too), rich inflections and it's all pretty irregular.

I can speak English fluently. There is quite literally no reason to learn any other language. If a person can't speak English they aren't worth talking to.

Tfw from lipnica Mala originally and a city Polish said I spoke bad polish.

Basic Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish(Street, more than enough to get me by wey), and English.

Yeah, I think I'm okay for now.

>t. Ameri-Flip

Everyone should just learn Finnish. It's objectively the best language.

I'm currently learning French and later on I want to learn either German or Russian.

Latin is closer to Spanish linguistically, since Spanish derives from Latin.

Polish is more complex because it's further linguistically from Spanish and its conjugations and tenses are hard. It also has letters that we don't have in Spanish. There are many resources online to learn languages, try to get some Polish / German friends to teach / help you.

I am trying to learn Finnish right now and fuck my life.

I would learn some other Slavic language, it should be really easy, but only one, two or three could be confusing. Also - Portuguese should be easy too, but you may confuse it with Spanish (I mean things like "la pregunta" vs. "a pergunta").

I studied french in school for two years
Fuck your weird and irrational gramatical rules france
Get your shit together

Because I already had my fair share of language learning not like stupid anglos who only learn one in highschool

French
English
Spanish
Italian
Turkish

AMERICANA BTFO

you have no idea. You should go to france or spain and try.

I might try Russian, there's this qt I want to impress and personally I like the aesthetic of Cyrillic.

wow JLPT looks very affordable. What levels do they have? B1, B2, C1? I don't know if they are even using the same system.

relax france, your language is shit anyways

What do if there arent language schools close to me?
Is there something good on the internets?

minä opin suomen.

Many people migrated from those regions during the martial law era, but they are always top tier patriots.

Don't you ever travel ?

French people will not speak English even if they know it
Spaniards speak english like mexicanos
Italians are like Frenchies

Only white cucks like the Scandinavians or German speak perfect english.

Not speaking about all the eastern Europeans and asians who can't into proper english

I studied German a few years ago and from that I noticed that I could read simple Dutch sentences if I really tried hard. I have a question is there anything similar or like that in the Slavic branches of languages, as in learn one and get a basic understanding of another?

Esperanto estas la plej bona lingvo.

Proove it

Say in French :

I'm a poor little cuck who thinks he can speak good French

Apparently you have a lot to do...
Have fun with the dialects too. Even many Finns have a hard time understanding my Savonian.

>Polish works exactly like Latin
Goddamn. That makes a hell of a lot of sense. That actually might help me wrap my head around it better.

I'm using Rosetta Stone and, actually, the site Duolingo that OP posted. My cousin married a Pole so she could get her green card (then she cucked and divorced him, sadly) but he has been invaluable in my learning because he speaks Polish quite well and we can converse.

What level of JLPT did you fail at? I passed up to 2. I heard even natives struggle with 1 sometimes, so if it's JLPT1, don't feel bad.

Yes mate. Michel Thomas from the pirate bay. The guy is the best for your first step into foreign languages.
Also 4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

I tried it 7 years ago and then it was from JLPT5 (more or less A2) to JLPT1 (C1-C2), you can easily find many free vocabulary lists, aplications or other resources for this exam.

Stop it spaniard we both come from latin
You sperg because we, with italibros, got the sexy poetic version of it.
You've got the macho cocked up version

It works on, iirc, a 5 point system with 1 being the most rigorous and 5 being the most basic. JLPT1 is pretty much 100-level basics while 1 is considered fluency; however, some of the requirements for JLPT1, in my opinion, are a little silly.

As I said here just now I've heard that even native speakers struggle with some questions on the JLPT1. I think 2, which I believe is listed as "advanced" is what you should aim for to be "fluent" as a non-permanent resident.

Yeah If you learn Russian, you would be able to read Ukranian, Bulgarian, Polish and others probably. You won't be able to understand spoken speech because its too fast.

I already speak five. First I have to improve on these.

>JLPT1 is pretty much 100-level basics
Meant JLPT5, fugg