My professor is trying to push "whitey is evil your ancestors oppressed the blacks" slavery reparations propaganda by...

My professor is trying to push "whitey is evil your ancestors oppressed the blacks" slavery reparations propaganda by pic related's article (by the son of a black panther) down our throats.

ITT: post good arguments against reparations that can be said in a way that doesn't get me expelled

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xs9Ix-ah7Gs&t=153s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)
genocidearchiverwanda.org.rw/
survivalinternational.org/tribes/pygmies/racism
washingtonpost.com/local/black-immigration-is-remaking-us-black-population-report-says/2015/04/09/ded49c58-de29-11e4-a1b8-2ed88bc190d2_story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xS0hckplvPo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indentured_servant#North_America
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Past injustices and the crimes of past generations doesn't mean you get to steal the money of the current generation so Ladeesha can get her weave.

Wealth redistribution would have to be forced. There would be those who would not participate. Many of those people would not be able to pay, nor willing to. What is the next step, imprisonment? Murder? Even if these folks' ancestors had nothing to do with slavery and came over to be farmers or factory workers well after the fact? Native americans get reparations, and look how well its worked out for them. Also, reparations would antagonize blacks that didn't let history hold them back and succeeded. It would essentially devalue their hard work and accomplishments.

>(((professor)))

burn down the university for letting this degeneracy continue.

then kill yourself for going to a university and studying something where this is a part of your course

Bonus point if you do it wearing a Hillary hirt

Well put, tea poster.

Children do not inherit debt of their parents, nor do they inherit the injustices their parents may have suffered.

Also, first legal slave owner who had a black person recognized as property was... well, black. The people who sold slaves in Africa, were black. Only a relative minority of people (whites and blacks) owned slaves.

His entire argument is shit.

And 435 years of bitching about it.

Cringe inducing video, but he has valid points.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xs9Ix-ah7Gs&t=153s

If the evidence of oppression is poverty, then any such "reparations" should be based on income rather than race, since we'd help out more oppressed people that way.

And if you're going to argue for a giant one-time bulk payment to poor people, you're going to have to fit that into the budget somehow.

And with debt at 100% of GDP, that may not even be wise for the country as a whole.

So they can all rush out and buy new Glocks? Nah, famalam I'm good

>The Atlantic
>Editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg

Easy.

Blacks owe reparations to the Jews for enslaving them in Egypt.

It's like a triple whammy "go fuck yourself" to your revisionist cunt teacher.

DAS
RITE

>I'm native american
>You niggas killed my ppl to plant cotton
>Now gimme ur reperation

>degree's
>numerous other typos
>retarded capitalization
A nigger made this, didn't they?

go to Normiebook and look for Just Hotep Things, it's a fucking goldmine

African slaves were brought to America on Jewish boats.

Make Jews pay reparations. Watch your teacher immediately go into SHUT IT DOWN mode.

Niggers have already received nearly 40 trillion dollars in reparations through welfare.

>Our Ancestors
>Ta-Nehisi Coates

Post his name

Why should an entire race be held accountable for something done by a small portion of their ancestors hundreds of years ago?

My great grandparents didn't come to America until long after slavery was abolished.

Because you're white and guilty of benefiting from slavery.

By that logic, so are modern black people.

So are the African warlords who sold African slaves. Or the Africans in America who owned slaves. Or the "merchants" who shipped them in the atlantic triangle trade.

I know you're just fucking around but this shit actually bothers me.

WE HAVE BEEN PAYING REPARATIONS FOR GENERATIONS - IT'S CALLED WELFARE.

Having a free life and AA job hiring preferences in the bag within a nation built by another race is probably reparations enough, but couple that with tolerance of obscene levels if crime and multiple levels of freebies and I'd say that blacks owe reparations to whites.

If not for them we'd be playing golf on the moon by now.

Joke's on him pal, I immigrated in after your tomfoolery. If anything, he owes me for wasting my time.

This is the problem with the left; they scream for progress, yet it's disgustingly obvious they're stuck in the past.

Hmm, I didn't realize that us millenials were around in the 1700's to stop all this. Consider me activated.

No, they suffer from slavery and the conditions imposed on them by white society. Do you think black people want to attend horrible schools? Do you think black people want to live in horrible neighborhoods where their constantly facing opportunities to fail?

Black people broke my collarbone....

here's an actual quote from the article

"One cannot escape the question by hand-waving at the past, disavowing the acts of one’s ancestors, nor by citing a recent date of ancestral immigration. The last slaveholder has been dead for a very long time. The last soldier to endure Valley Forge has been dead much longer. To proudly claim the veteran and disown the slaveholder is patriotism à la carte."

>nor by citing a recent date of ancestral immigration

>you are responsible even if you just came here

Well, then they should do something about it. Its not my job to fix people who dont have the will to help themselves.

Yes, because if they really cared they would collectively change. Nobody forces them to be a mostly shitty society of people.

Reparations can help them change, though. If you want them to change, you're going to have to help dismantle the system that keeps them in their bonds.

Say to your (((Professor))) that your ancestors came from Eastern Europe, so you are not responsible for any of these things. In fact you can spin this further by claiming that they were victims of oppression, suffering under British/German/Russian/Swedish/Ottoman etc. rule and therefore you are entitled to reparations.

>Does sin debt exist, yes or not?

>If so, prove it.

I'll help you out a bit.

This is a metaphysical concept rooted in religious traditions. Even contemporary accounts of reparations issued by states or courts do not back up their claims, as these were all issued to those upon whom harm was directly inflicted.

The next fun part in this maze is determining how back to go. 100 years? 200? 300? Also, which groups to target? Just whites whose ancestors owned slaves? How about all whites? What about those whites whose ancestors were affected by the Barbary pirate trade?

Also, how do we determine who is required to pay? One might perhaps claim whites, but what if a person has 12% black DNA? Does that exempt them? What if they have 13% or 36.2% black DNA? What is the racial purity threshold one must meet to qualify not only for exemptions from paying into the system, but also to receive benefits from the system? Are we going to have the IRS do racial purity screenings? How does this work?

What if someone's parents were black and came over after slavery ended, but before Jim Crow ended? Do they get a payout?

See how nebulous this shit is? Once you start, it becomes impossible to know where to draw the line. Then you have all of the double standards their worldview is built on:

>Whites never suffered oppression!

How do you define oppression? What kind? What type?

Whites have never experienced oppression, and yet, somehow, white women are oppressed by the patriarchy? How does that work? What are the specifics?

They have no metrics for measuring oppression, and have no metrics for measuring success. They do not know when to start, and do not know when to stop.

The whole thing is DOGSHIT GIBSMEDATS!

Tell your professor I said he is a fucking hack.

>their
>this is good bait
>do you think white people give a fuck what black people want? xDDDD

what the fuck are you even

>implying forced sterilization wouldn't 100% guarantee change in the next generation ala no reproduciton

I've never seen a black person in chains. Except hiphop artists. And gangbangers.

Who should pay the reparations? The black people who were the ones who created slavery in the United States to start with? Or the black people that sold their brothers into slavery in Africa? Or the white people who finally abolished slavery?

I don't understand it. Black people started it and profited from it, and now it's whitey's fault? Because whitey didn't stop it fast enough?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

That's the guy who legalized slavery. Notice how much trouble they go to on that article to make sure you don't notice Anthony Johnson was a black man.

Doesn't that make the blacks equally responsible for their own situation because many post-slavery African immigrants were in fact, ex-slavers?

In fact, let me take the time to state something that should be common knowledge to the DNC that isn't because they haven't truly changed from the bigoted party they were in the 1800s: there is no such thing as "Black People". What they insist to be a single homogenic race is actually composed of a thousand different cultures that are as diverse as Argentina is to Liechtenstein. The Hutus didn't think the Tutsi were the same race when they slaughtered them en-mass. The Bantus treat the Pygmies like sub-humans. And back to the post-slavery immigrants, over 5% of all Africans currently living in North America had nothing to do with slavery at all and immigrated after that fact. Your argument is nonsense.

And here are sources to prove my point.

>genocidearchiverwanda.org.rw/
>survivalinternational.org/tribes/pygmies/racism
>washingtonpost.com/local/black-immigration-is-remaking-us-black-population-report-says/2015/04/09/ded49c58-de29-11e4-a1b8-2ed88bc190d2_story.html

My question is why does nobody acknowledge white slavery? Why is it only okay to bitch at us about it?

Why don't people acknowledge black influence and pushing of slavery? What the fuck is this white guilt shit? Fuck off.

see

White slavery did not have the toxic, long lasting effects that black slavery had on the black community. Whites escaped their bondage by enslaving blacks as a way of pushing their debt forward.

same article, similar professor.
what uni?

Here's why I hate fucking non-STEM courses.

Write when you have someone politicizing Calculus, and I'll take notice. Other than that, what do you expect from some washed up failed novelist alcoholic pedophile? We're calling them on their welfare state, the ride is over, and they're pissed.

And what the fuck are you doing taking the class in the first place?

>Reparations can help them change, though
No, it wont. Reparations are just redistribution of wealth and giving that to a bunch of low IQ blacks won't end well for them. The money will be wasted and the amount of force you would need to get the money in the first place is not moral.

Ridicule him publicly

The principles of Marxism have no basis in reality, as the principles are based on a set of unprovable metaphysical assumptions. It isn't even a social theory, but a quasi-religious ideology built upon a set of assumptions and doctrinal points meant to perpetuate its own existence by leveraging state power to enforce compliance.

>It doesn't make sense!

You are 100% correct, because their claims are not based in reality. The best way to understand what you are dealing with when you face them is to instead imagine a religious person who waves with holy books in your face.

You know that everything they say is bullshit, doesn't make any sense, and has NO basis in reality, but that is NOT stopping them from trying to leverage state power to ensure your obedience.

They are faith-based true believers pushing a religion on you. You CANNOT reason with them, because they are NOT operating on reason to begin with. Any evidence which you present is tainted by their presuppositional biases as they cherry pick only those points which support their doctrinal narrative.

Adapt your tactics to discredit, slander, undermine, demoralize, and divide them.

You cannot argue with them like you and I would argue with each other, so don't try.

My white male privilege includes about $200 in net assets, sleeping in a tent on a sidewalk, and spending my days trying to get a decent meal every day and a shower once a week.

Being homeless is about 90% male privilege. Where are my CEO white male homies that are supposed to me giving me preferential treatment? I'm reaching out here if you can hear me.

>rednecks on Sup Forums think reparations will come directly from their bank accounts and those of other white people
No you retards it will come from the US government. You don't inherit the sins of your fathers but the US government does assume moral and financial responsibility for the actions of previous administrations. Slavery was allowed by federal law. Segregation and Jim Crow, upheld by federal law. Redlining, federal law. The US government is directly responsible for the sorry state of affairs of black communities across the country. Why should they not invest heavily in improving access to affordable housing and decent schools in these communities?
>Nah they should probably bail out the banks and blast billions of dollars on tanks and other useless military hardware
- Sup Forums

I had a math teacher politicize an advanced math course in University....started first class talking about asians inventing much of math...then said it was a shame we focus on "shall we say, dead white men" then snickered along with cucks in the class
I never attended her class again.

>tfw you actually read marx and he decries all forms of ideology, yet there is a marxist ideology build up around his book which conveniently excludes itself from "bad" ideologies.

The US has already paid forward "reparations" in the form of trillions spent on the (failed) War on Poverty

none of the points you made were meaningfully connected in any way. you're a retard.

I read that in another thread. You were six?

Sucks

Unironically tell him to get smart about whiteness and stop treating whites as single monolith. Then tell true story of small Finno-American minority that indeed has white skin, but fled Swedish and Russian oppression into land of free and lived together with Indians. Finnish homelands were occupied by Swedes for 600 years and at worst part 1/4 of able-bodied Finnish males were killed in their imperialistic wars as cannon fodder in just 40 years. Then came Russian occupation and seriouos push to end Finnish culture and language forever over 100 years. Not a single Finn ever owned a slave who fled that hell on earth to America.

Then ask him were they oppressed or oppresser, and what does skin color matter and why treat people just by their skin color as single monolith?

Finns are actually one of the greatest examples of long historical oppression and enslavement. Maybe even the best. We just happen to have white skin, senpai.

Yup, i should probably go to bed.

It's still wrong because not all black people were slaves. Do you want the US Government to hand some free cash to the descendants of Anthony Johnson?

And while you're at it, tell him that not all blacks are a single monolith either and that thinking they are is racist.

WMU

then tell him about the greeks, aka the statistically most oppressed ethnic group ever.

in the past 100 year there have been 2 world wars, fuck knows how many civil wars, two attempted ethnic cleansing, two pogroms and mass famine as a result of said pogroms.

youtube.com/watch?v=xS0hckplvPo
Just recite vid related.

>talks about finnish culture being destroyed and posts a fucking a finnish crusader shitter
Yes its all fucked beyond repair.

nigga my people were enslaved here alongside the blacks, we moved on and got jobs, that's how we recovered from the toxic effects.

Coddling them and giving them responsibility for nothing is literally killing the black community, and it's taking white nations with it.

The Irish were actually treated worse than the blacks, as they were cheaper, so killing them was less of an issue.

People like this are actually quite simple. Not that they have simple methods or what they know is simple, it's their behavior. Once you know their gimmick, they are no more impressive than Turing machines.

In this case, your professor's gimmick is "black empowerment". To exploit this gimmick, provide a counterargument that shows that granting reparations acts like an opiate that prevents blacks from developing and improving themselves or solving their own problems. It is throwing money at a problem that instead requires a collective effort by blacks to build stable families, value education and discipline, and become productive participants in their communities.

If you can make your argument convincing enough, he can't do shit to you without sounding like a defeatist cuck or a contrarian schizo.

because its cheaper to feed people potatoes than fried chicken

Ask him if the Irish slaves' descendants will be exempt from paying since they were actually a lower class of slave during the 1600's than blacks were, or if they also owe money based on their skin colour and not their actions.

That shows the number of free blacks in slave states, not that blacks were the slaveowners

kek, nah, export of potato niggers was cheaper because it was subsidized by the British government.

8/8 r8d bantz tho

Black intelligentsia has been trying to 'collectively change' for almost a century by trying to make the government elevate their race like it was a class (as per the Marxist theories black political theory derives from). Reparations is the perfect example of attempted 'collective change'.

The last black thought leader, Booker T. Washington, went by a philosophy of starting with black tradesmen and developing autonomy for self-determination though a bottom-up approach. He was set aside for W.E.B Dubois' philosophy of having the government elevate black people collectively through social justice, because the idea of slow generation-spanning development did not appeal to blacks in the 1930s (or for that matter, now)

It of course failed, like all Marxist theories fail in application. Worse, it took the HBCUs founded by Booker T Washington and made them teach Dubois philosophies instead of shit like STEM or even trades.

>the moral debts of our ancestors
>inheriting moral debts
>literal original sin bollocks

>Throw people out of the hospital because they won't learn how to heal.
America Yes.

argue that you already pay reparations through welfare and crime

What the fuck? If you're Irish-American, there's a ~0.1% chance of any of your ancestors having been enslaved in the modern era.

Most Irish-Americans are the descendants of legal immigrants who arrived in three waves: at the end of the 18th century, the beginning of the 19th century and during the great famine.

You're genuinely retarded if you think that any measurable portion of Irish-Americans are the descendants of "Irish slaves".

Reparations created Hitler. Tell him that.

>mfw not one of those places accepts EBT

>Keep people in the hospital even when they aren't sick.
Sweden yes.

Damn wtf is going going with all these first posts consistently being the best posts

Ask him to define what sort of criteria a person would have to meet before qualifying reparations.

You cannot really make an argument until he does.

Pic related, all three of these children were slaves in the USA. Would he agree with their ancestors of today getting reparations? If not why not?

>professor
>reparation

Holy shit I believe this "blacks want reparation from whites" a meme from Sup Forums.
Dont tell me that even WE WUZ isnt trolling.

great great grandfather was an "indentured servant", which I consider slavery... Not sure what to call it.

Holy shit, usually wikipedia is at least moderately scholarly, but this article's vocabulary reeks of "high school social studies project" levels of intelligence.

>give every black person in the US a debit card
>tell them it's loaded with 50k
>actually load it with 0$ and pings a database for the first attempted purchase
>watch as every stereotype about niggers is confirmed on a livestream in times square

get out of south africa while you still can before the nog hordes get to you and your family

The overwhelming vast majority of white Americans whose ancestors arrived before the revolution are descended from indentured servants, you dumb fuck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indentured_servant#North_America

>"Between one-half and two-thirds of white immigrants to the American colonies between the 1630s and American Revolution had come under indentures."

The whole "Irish were indentured servants not slaves" is a fucking joke. They were sold as property and made to work.

The whole slave breeding thing? Yeah, apparently the first mixed race slaves were from Irish slave women forced to carry the children of African slaves.

But no, they were just indentured servants because they were white. Not like slaves can be white, after all. Definitely not like the word comes from enslaved white people.

>My professor is trying to push "whitey is evil your ancestors oppressed the blacks" slavery reparations propaganda

Has he told you you're obligated to have sex with blacks? Because pic related.

We don't burn down universities outside of Africa

Yep. My town has the largest HBCU in the nation (North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University) and over 60% of the people graduating arent even in an engineering or agricultural field, but some liberal arts program (when UNCG does every single liberal arts program 100x better right next door).

wasnt told i was obligated to fuck dindus but i was made to watch and pay for a play called Show Boat which is about miscegenation and how the evil south made a interracial couple's marriage illegal as they sailed down the mississippi river

meeting required general education areas sucks because i get stuck with all this liberal bullshit and have to play along for the sake of my grade

for one class I even have to shill for social justice issues on my professor's blog and am graded on how much my comments align with his political ideology and will fail the course if i don't do so