Let me explain something to you Sup Forums

>Let me explain something to you Sup Forums
>We never need to explore our oceans because theres nothing cool down there
>I dont understand why anyone would wanna go check out that bullshit
>If you wanna get the same experience just go to the deep end of a pool or pond and its the exact same shit just deeper
>I repeat theres nothing cool in our unexplored oceans and aint nobody got time to find out

Anyone seen this guy before? He always pops up with this pasta in threads about ocean/space exploration. Really...makes...you...think...

Redpill me on what's down there, Sup Forums. And yes this is topical - China is buying up mining rights for seafloor minerals in the Pacific as we speak.

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/id/42072469/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/lost-city-atlantis-believed-found-spain/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Glacial_Maximum
ctspanish.com/communities/canary/guanches.htm
angelfire.com/trek/caver/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's nothing of interest in the oceans. You should focus more on global warming and creating a one-world government.

Also, have we firmly established that aliens (sorry, any lmaos, isn't that cute?) are from space and not remnants of an underwater break-away civilization?

atlantis was a fairy tale to teach children the importance of sharing

and lemurya or whatever was made to explain why fossils in some continents appeared in other continents. After we found out about plaque tectonics, atlantis and other fairy tale lands crashed harder than the twin towers in 9/11

grow up and learn some actual geography

Ok. So what's down there?

probably macro-organisms that eat similarly to whales (small organisms in a filtration-like method). not anything like the Cloverfield monster but definitely organisms that are bigger than that. just not sci-fi monsters. also yes, lost cities. I'm certain that there are preservations of lost-times down on certain unexplored seafloors

pls teach the story oh wise one

>theres nothing cool down there

much more cooler shit than you'll find in space you homosexual communist

>aliens are remnants of an underwater break-away civilization

o fucc

so you're saying they're not coming from space but from the sea? flying saucers could descend into the ocean and be the result of terrestrial-tech of a second civilization that we live beside, that lives beneath the water and keeps their existence secret

Hide Cthulhu threads
Ignore Cthulhu posts
Do not reply to Cthulhu posters

Oh god, guys, I told you numerous of times - THERE IS NOTHING DOWN HERE! Seriously, found yourself another hobby. Just fishes and rocks and nothing else. I mean, there is so many interesting things going on now, why would you be obsessed about a literal water desert? Leave it alone!

No, that would be ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as believing civilization is older than 10,000 years just because we found a few manmade structures that don't fit that timeline.

After all, it's not as if they could have designed high technology without microprocessors or atomic power.

Thread died down pretty fast. Was it something I said?

nbcnews.com/id/42072469/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/lost-city-atlantis-believed-found-spain/

>>We never need to explore our oceans because theres nothing cool down there

Empirically false, most of humanity have always lived on the coastlines, thousands of years ago the water level was lower, much of human history is underwater.

This. We have only brushed the surface of our pre-history.

Exactly my point. If you look closely, you'll see the first few lines are greentext. Some user always shows up in threads with this topic and pastes that whole mess verbatim. Noticed it multiple times over weeks, suggesting a concerted effort by some party to either dismiss or ironically draw attention to whatever the hell is going on down there.

My curiosity is piqued.

There is literally nothing down there.

What if the oceans are the result of the great genesis flood

thats one really interesting view

Ive heard people theorise that pre deluvial civilization was not just a bunch of dunecoons and jews but supposely advanced beyond belief. That when the bible says "nothing new under the sun" it truly means it. So maaaaybe there might be remnants of their civilizations somewhere down there.

Or maybe its nothing but cool fishes and shit, we'll probably colonize mars before going down there desu

Have you guys not realized yet that pic related is a giant petrified tree and not a rock?

Hot dicks. You might actually be right

Not to meme too hard but I watched a documentary on this and afterward it actually really made me think for weeks about it everytime I took a shower or couldn't sleep. Just how fucking big was prehistoric earth and how big of destruction did the meteor/flood actually cause?

You probably aren't going to find shit in the Atlantic. It's all rock created the spreading of the seafloor at the mid-atlantic trench.

Don't go digging around for answers or else it might not end well. This is your one and only warning.

There's nothing interesting there. Turn around.

this guy gets it. most UFO's emerge from under water and there activity became prominent at the time we started testing nuclear devices everywhere. After all even though we're considered ants to them, we do share the same planet and they can't risk us fucking it all up

I see it as just exploring the unknown for general science. With different circumstances such as no light, low temperatures, and high pressure, it's interesting to see what organisms live down there and how they actually function under those conditions. From that, we may learn how to replicate those things through engineering or other related fields. Consider that a good chunk of our AI algorithms were at least inspired if not outright copied from animal group behaviors. A lot of our inventions are based on things we have observed as opposed to just imagined, so the more data we have (especially about things that live in completely uninhabitable areas to us) could help us in the future with similar problems.

Anyone saying we should not research the depths of the ocean is faggot residue based on the fact that there is still explainable shit down there worth learning about. I'm all about the ayyyyys but some faggot tier shit is denying nothing worth research is down there

One of the first things to cross my ind ws if you could somehow grow a silicone tree from scratch, how many people could live in it? How much food could it produce? Could it restore the ozone by itself just from how much Co2 it would process?

My nog, annotated varo edition, nice. Allende wrote the comments though...

How much water would have to recede in OP's pic for land masses to emerge like that out of the ocean? Would be new ice age wouldn't it?

Here's your Genesis flood
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Glacial_Maximum
12500BCE

Aliens are just demons.

Also global weather patterns and the way deep ocean currents work and approximately similiar global water displacement at least since homo Sapiens have been around

>topical
>ocean exploration
policy debater detected

Might all these rocks look like trees because the same forces shaped them? A tree is constantly growing and subject to the same wear as a rock so that shape is the shape that survived. Trees and rocks look alike because they are shaped by the same environment.

Isnt that the deepest parts of the ocean? So all of it?

The similarity between The mediterranean and the Mariana Trench is akin to New York City to Mount Everest

last time i checked rocks dont have a genetic code, or grow vertically. or grow at all for that matter.

Native canary islanders confirmed for survivors of atlantis?

>According to the tales of the European conquerors, the Guanches were a "highly beautiful white race, tall, muscular, and with a great many blondes amongst their numbers" Their great height must be understood in relation to the average height of Europeans at that time.

ctspanish.com/communities/canary/guanches.htm

They are worn vertically. They rock is what survived. The tree grows vertically but again the tree is what survived. Mostly you would think of branches this way. Weak ones or badly positioned ones taken in storms but I wonder about the truck. Either genetically or more directly caused by the environment a tree is also shaped that way.

Maybe a tree only looks like that because everything else it tries to grow is worn down.

Or maybe that shape is a genetic advantage and trees not shaped that way dont survive as easily.

>dubs
Deebly goncerned

It was nature's answer to overpopulation. Just grow vertically when you can't grow horizontally anymore. There could have been trees with Manhattan-sized cities living amongst the canopies. All gone in a fell swoop of destruction some thousands of years ago.

I honestly hadn't considered that until now. you just opened up a huge can of worms for me to look into that deeply unsettles me. Fuck.

also remember (((science))) even admits and confirms that plants used to be way way bigger

As cool as that is, you could just check for roots... although, I suppose volcanic tubes would look very similar to roots. Ah, fuck it, I'm calling it: it's Yggdrasil

Where is top right pic from?

Ancient history thread?
Ancient history thread.

These are my favorite threads.

It's really kinda desert. Ocean floor, like deep ocean is essentially a big fucking graveyard with occasional thermal springs with life.

Probably not all the oceans but definitely Mediterranean sea. Every major civilization from that area has some sort of references to it. The Assyrians, Jews, and even Greeks and Egyptians.

>Petrified tree.

No. This is Devil's Tower in Wyoming, it's the result of erosion, exposing the core of an ancient igneous intrusion, whose magma cooled very quickly, leaving the typical geometric columnar phonolite (which is very similar to columnar basalt found in other areas around the world, such as the Giant's Causeway).

This is a product of erosion. Because this is an intrusive igneous feature, it intruded into layers of surrounding sandstone, siltstone and shale, which are sedimentary rocks that erode easily with water, and as they eroded, the more durable phonolite core of this intrusion was left standing, as it has a higher resistance to weathering.

fyi, you guys are also completely understanding remineralization. These are igneous rocks, they are not recrystalized / remineralized structures.

I mean holy fuck I knew Sup Forums was dumb, but coming here as a geologist is just damn embarrassing. Please tell me you guys are just baiting and don't actually believe this horseshit?

Oh look, a Jew shill right on time! We know the truth now, Goldstein. You can't win.

Question Everything.

Can confirm, I come from the north of Spain and the first canaries i met were all tall, rounding 1'90cm, can't say any of them are ugly and one was blonde. Always thought their families must have come from themainland, until now.

mine too :)

>:)

Don't do that.

YONAGUNI MONUMENT

Why not?
>:^)

What if all our natural cave systems are where the giant trees' roots used to be? Not sure where that specific pic is from, that collage is from a previous tree thread.

(((Product of erosion))) Okay, glad you are able to regurgitate what you learned in high school and Geology 101 but alternative points of view exist too.

YONAGUNI MONUMENT

That's better.

YONA(motherfucking)GUNI MONUMENT

Baltic Anomaly

The student who never questions what he is taught, especially when the appearance of the subject matter doesn't match what is taught, has pigeonholed themselves into complacency and is not capable of being a competent teacher.

>You guys, 3x5 = 15
>It's nice that you can regurgitate what you learned in 3rd grade but alternative points of view exist
>Yeah maybe 3x5 doesn't equal 15, question everything xD

>Questioning what you're taught
These are facts. Devil's tower is composed of phonolite, an IGNEOUS ROCK. Do you know what an igneous rock is? Do you understand chemistry, or know a single thing about paleontology, how things are fozzilized / preserved in the rock record? Do you know anything about geomorphology or stratigraphy and rates of erosion? No, you're just another retarded shitposter on this retarded ass board full of underage morons.
>Alternative points of view

Also, I have a BS in geology, focusing on mineralogy and petrology.

There is no hope for this board. The only "alternative" point of view for a structure like Devil's Tower is if it's a product of igneous intrusion, or rather a product of volcanism, and was an ancient core of a volcano that is preserved.

You do realize that the position of the continents on Earth has varied quite considerably in the past 600 million years, right? As has sea level. Erosion on this scale is not uncommon you fucking moron. Please look at the Grand Canyon for a pleb-tier example of water erosion through sandstone / siltstone and shale, you know, a very similar type of sedimentary feature to what is found in the Devil's tower area of Wyoming.

You are either baiting, or you are genuinely retarded.

Actually, 3x5 doesn't equal 15. 3*5 does.

But 3x5 is 3*x*5

Question everything, pleb.

Wow, what an utterly retarded ass comparison. Historical interpretation and method of explanation apparently = basic arithmetic proofs.

GG, really showed me.

>my easy 4 year degree makes me an expert on this subject, no other theories beyond what my professors told me are true or worthy of pondering
>there is no way that igneous rock might not be what we think it is even though no one in history has been around long enough to see the rock cycle actually happen
>despite us regularly making finds that change everything we know about reality
>new science paper out is challenging the theory of relativity itself
>but no, there's no way that my small field of expertise could possibly get something wrong even though modern geology is only 400 years old

Just admit it already f@m, those are trees.

this holy kek

the lack of geosciences is hilarious

Actually, I do. But I'm more of a jack of all trades since I think that singular focus specialization is for insects and also lends itself to having blinders on like a horse, and not being able to even entertain different ideas that don't agree with you.

All people were doing in this thread was entertaining alternative ideas and perspectives. But you, you come in on your high horse and now you're predictably, spewing vitriol at those that aren't in full alignment of your perspective. That says a hell of a lot more about you than us.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-Aristotle

Given your reaction to the thread, I would say that despite your claims of having gone through an education, you are still not yet educated.

Holy fucking shit, senpai, you didn't leave enough for his parents to bury.

Is he /our guy/, Sup Forums?

Except there was in fact a point in the history of mathematics where someone came along and almost destroyed the entirety of math by (semi) proving why all math we had known was false and it took them a while to figure out a better method to explain everything to keep from everything falling a part.

Also 3 * 5 only = 15 in base 10. We have different bases user and 3 * 5 does in fact have multiple correct answers.

I have little doubt it is actually a rock but unless you have gone and proved it to yourself then doubt and question everything.

Bumpu

Where can I find this

angelfire.com/trek/caver/

What's a good exit point for discoveries like these?

implying I am affraid of Czechs

b-but it looks like a tree...

>angelfire.com/trek/caver/

THEY ARE TREES

I spent 3 hours reading the entirety of that. Even if it's fake, it's fucking terrifying to imagine what sort of life survives in the deepest reaches of caves.