Burgers of Sup Forums, how is it possible for people in some parts of your country to vote with no ID?...

Burgers of Sup Forums, how is it possible for people in some parts of your country to vote with no ID?? What is the identification process then? Do you literally just arrive and cast a ballot without anyone asking about age, name and that kind of info?? Wouldn't it be then possible fo 17 y.o. to vote??

And why is it considered racist to require IDs for votes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs
uspassporthelpguide.com/passport-fee/
washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/getting-a-photo-id-so-you-can-vote-is-easy-unless-youre-poor-black-latino-or-elderly/2016/05/23/8d5474ec-20f0-11e6-8690-f14ca9de2972_story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=llDM-44Zb8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

here in pennsylvania (allegheny county) I can go to the local firehall and vote with no form of ID. I can show them my license, voter card, whatever. They don't care. They just want it to be over so they can go home.

presumably they give them that info when they register to vote

Maryland fag checking in.
When I went to go vote, they asked for my first and last name (I was asked to spell my last name cause it's not very common) as well as give my current address. I asked if they needed to see my ID and I was told they only require ID if the information oven doesn't match their records.

yah. voter registration is akin to a drivers license, you get them both at the same place, usually a court house. You need to register to vote, you need proper documentation to register. AKA proof of residence and birth certificate and or social security should be required, but I'm not sure all of that it is.

Alright,but why is it DAS RAYCIS when ID is required??

>how is it possible for people in some parts of your country to vote with no ID??

Democrats exercising their self-given right to voter fraud.

>What is the identification process then?

In my state, they ask for name and address. I insisted on showing my ID but they did not care.

>Do you literally just arrive and cast a ballot without anyone asking about age, name and that kind of info??

Partially no, other than the information they ask for they'll just assume everything is in your voter registration. Very easy to fake proof of residency.

>Wouldn't it be then possible fo 17 y.o. to vote??

Technically yes, especially if you're illegal.

Because spics and niggers are too retarded to fill out ID information and keep track of it, so Democrats inherently call it racist.

niggers cannot into red tape/bureaucracy
Licenses and registration are the tools of the white man, on principal alone they'll never set foot inside a DMV or courthouse if they aren't dragged there in handcuffs

Why is it easier to fraud as an illegal?? You said you give them your name so that means you'll have to be registered beforehand so it means you're a citizen if they have your name no?

Tbh senpai I'm a sandnigger myself with great admiration for US history. I can't seem to wrap my head around why every country is allowed to control their borders/ask for ID, but when Uncle Sam does it people get their pussies in a bunch.

>Why is it easier to fraud as an illegal??
no previous records of anything, etc

how else do you think the Syrian rapefugee adults get described as """"""children"""""""

Guessing you haven't had much experience with black people in America.
So there's blacks and then there's niggers.
Blacks are about 5% of the black people who work and do what a person should in a capitalist society. Raise their kids etc.
Niggers are raised by their mother because their father (nigger) left the family and impregnated 10 other women. The mother teaches them to get anything they can for free, cry racism at any time they don't know what to do, and makes sure to teach them all whites are devils.
Niggers will cry rasict and say anything they have to to get their way/something for free.
This goes all the way to completely free hospital care and prescriptions. They claim other people's kids on their income tax, have kids JUST to get child support money- they're complete scum and a leech on the society.
Mexicans who haven't been here for too long are very hard workers and probably don't even vote.
Mexicans who have been here for a while may start to feel spoiled and think they can act like niggers, this can be seen mostly in California.

Any more clear?

>Alright,but why is it DAS RAYCIS when ID is required??
For some reason, asking for ID for literally everything but voting is okay, but it's racist once preventing voter fraud is involved.

You just give a name and signature that's supposed to match your registration.

We don't require ID because Democrats fight tooth and nail against it every time a law is proposed to make it a requirement.

They know damn well that they're the only side who benefits when people without their shit together enough to even present ID get to vote.

With majority in both houses the GOP should be able to change that now, shouldn't it?

And with a Republican president to sign off on the legislation, yes. There's no practical, rational reason to *not* have such a law other than strictly for the Democrats' strategic benefit, so it shouldn't be long before such a piece of legislation comes through.

Much like getting control of the border, voter ID laws are just one more reason why this election is an absolute doomsday scenario for the Democrats.

gtfo with that blacks vs niggers meme

As long as there is no national ID, i'm happy (sort of)

Democrats think niggers are too lazy to get ID.

It's just a shit excuse to cover up fraud. You can't do shit else without some form of government-issued ID. That includes driving, buying alcohol/tobacco, cashing a welfare check etc... Everyone has a goddamn ID in this day and age.

Real answer here.

It goes back to the poll taxes. Basically in the South after the Civil War the states began charging people money to vote at the polls. As blacks were poor they didn't have enough money to pay to vote and this prevented them from being able to vote at all. The Supreme Court ended up ruling this was unconstitutional on the grounds that people shouldn't have to pay money to be able to legally vote.

The problem is, in the US people have to pay for legal identification. We don't have state or government issued ID's that people can simply get for free. Which means that when states demand legal identification, the Dem's argue this amounts to a tax on voting - you can only vote if you spend money to get an ID.

And as the Supreme Court has ruled the Dem's are, technically, in the correct. Demanding people "pay" for an ID card to vote is effectively like demanding people pay to vote and the Supreme Court found that unconstitutional well over a hundred years ago.

The best way to fix the problem would be for states or the national government to issue an ID for free to all citizens. But nobody is interested in doing that because it wouldn't actually be free, it would cost tax dollars to do so, and nobody would be able to agree where that tax money would come from.

So we're in this limbo where any ID that states could demand for people to vote, is an ID that would cost someone money to purchase, which runs afoul of the earlier Supreme Court's ruling that people shouldn't have to spend money to vote.

Thx famalam

In my state you can literally sign up online or on the street, get the ballot mailed to you a month before an election, then mail it back or drop it off at a ballot box by the end of Election Day.

>They know damn well that they're the only side who benefits when people without their shit together enough to even present ID get to vote.

The issue is that your right to vote isn't dependent on that.

OP, part of the reason is that ID in the US isn't cheap to get or maintain. Can be $100 or more, depending on what you need, and most voter ID laws require your registration to match the address on your ID, with no provision for moving, college, or (in the case of Texas) even women changing names due to marriage.

>vote with no ID
voting requires your name, home address, and social security number in my state. i simply used a last known address and passport to vote because i'm not a pleb

>considered racist to require IDs
the theory is that negroes are too poor/lazy to pay $60 and wait 10 minutes in line for a passport

This user gets it

Fuck

Heh, a good answer on Sup Forums

Wrong. Just grabbed a new one this year. $120, and most of a day waiting.

That doesn't include the cost of getting birth cert either. If you don't live where you were born, it's not always easy or cheap.

it costs $6/year ($60 every 10 years) for a federally-issued passport that (1) is valid in all states, territories, and minor outlying islands, (2) allows int'l travel, and (3) has far less personal info than a driver's license (no phys description, no home address, same 9-digit ID number used worldwide)

youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs

worth a watch to see some racist shit.

This, t. New Jersey voter.

But you still need to show some kind of ID when you register, don't you?
Or are there states where you can register without an ID?
Could you - theoretically - go to one county, register to vote under a valid address there, and then do the same thing in another?

It's $80 or $115, actually. This doesn't include the cost of documents needed to get a passport, etc. uspassporthelpguide.com/passport-fee/

Like the other user explained, this is a poll tax. You can either provide ID at no cost, or not require it to vote, but not both.

Voter lists are purged for this (and some say over purged based on race). That did happen prior to computerization.

user, there isn't actually a case that holds anything resembling that. You're just speculating on how the Court would decide, and doing so based on a hundred year old case with no progeny that ever elaborated on it in the way that you're suggesting.

There is a big difference between, "It is unconstitutional," and, "I *think* the Court would hold it unconstitutional, based on prior rulings," both as a practical matter *and* a technical, legal one. Conflating the two is extremely intellectually dishonest.

You still have to provide your information (such as your social security #, which us Americans keep very private - no one is supposed to know your SSN) and register to vote. Only registered voters can vote.

>niggers cannot into red tape/bureaucracy

Truly these people are utterly incompatible with our culture. I should go to the Mediterranean and sink their boats myself

This is how every voter ID lawsuit has been settled so far. In Texas we had our voter ID law kicked out because of that. It's possible the courts will someday change their minds and start ruling the opposite, but it seems pretty unlikely at this point.

Liberals point out that poll taxes are illegal and based on denying votes to specific races and then claim that demanding ID is a form of poll tax. So far the courts have agreed with them.

So the Dems are okay with obamaphones and food stamps for but a free voter ID for those who need it is suddeenly too costly?

You're a fucking joke, not even Eastern Euro politicians are this transparent.

>mfw people think USA is a civilized country

Anyone. ANYONE. Can just come up and vote because das rayciss?

Jesus fucking christ.

In New York, you just sign. They have a copy of your signature and your birth date in a 3 ring binder on the table depending what street you live on. Your sig has to match and you have to look te age.

Saying the opposite, that ID should be free. Thanks for playing though!

You have to register, which is a different thing altogether. You don't just walk in and vote.

But that's wrong, fool. All of the current cases on voter ID have been grounded in very fact-specific "disparate impact" provisions of a federal statute, the Voting Rights Act, not Constitutional poll tax jurisprudence.

And not even those cases has ever made it to the SCOTUS. It's just a couple of highly fact-sensitive, regional court decisions which determined that Congress had deemed certain things illegal.

so why haven't they done it yet?
they certainly had the time to implement it, and it'd be one less thing for republicans to cry about
it's obvious they don't want it.

Michigan here.

I have to show a photo ID, but if I don't have one, or refuse, all I have to do is sign an affidavit saying that I am who I claim and that I am a legal resident.

Total bullshit.

Or that you had a GOP congress that rejected everything possible from 2010 on, and free IDs wasn't on their list?

The solutions are not good anywhere, really. The voter ID laws that have been put in are obviously designed to kill minority and youth voting. The left then defends the current, fractured system as better, when it's not, as a reaction.

Does that get you a real, or provisional, ballot?

there is an excellent video on YouTube where they go to sjw college campus and ask white girls in yoga pants why voter id laws are racist. they give the standard answer that it is harder for minorities to get a licence. then the interview goes to the ghetto in Harlem nyc and asks black people if they have a driver's license or id. they all say yes and laugh at the notion that black people are so ignorant they don't know where the building is. can't get there or don't know that everyone had to have id. they all show their id and laugh.

Why the fuck don't we just type in our social security number in the booth?

Anecdotes are not data.

A federal court in Texas found that 608,470 registered voters don’t have the forms of identification that the state now requires for voting. For example, residents can vote with their concealed-carry handgun licenses but not their state-issued student university IDs.

Across the country, about 11 percent of Americans do not have government-issued photo identification cards, such as a driver’s license or a passport, according to Wendy Weiser of the Democracy Program at the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of Law.

washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/getting-a-photo-id-so-you-can-vote-is-easy-unless-youre-poor-black-latino-or-elderly/2016/05/23/8d5474ec-20f0-11e6-8690-f14ca9de2972_story.html

found it

youtube.com/watch?v=llDM-44Zb8w

>Across the country, about 11 percent of Americans do not have government-issued photo identification cards, such as a driver’s license or a passport,

what does that have to do with being a minority?

>to kill minority and youth voting
again you're - baselessly - worrying about democrat votes
you're too obvious m9

Percentage of that is much higher among poors and youth. Minorities are more likely to be poor, and poors overall vote more Democratic.

No, I'm saying these laws are designed to suppress democratic votes. That's why they're a solution in search of a problem, given 33 incidents of false voting have been found in 10+ years of all US elections.

There's no reason to require ID to match address, for example - but almost all voter id laws do. Same with allowing the use of a handgun permit, but not a student ID - it's obviously designed to let only the right voters vote.

why dont minorities have ids

Here in Philly the lady had me show her my voter registration card.
Then again I am a white male, I probably could have gotten away without showing if I was a nigger voting Hillary.

Damn, this is fucking retarded. what the hell, america?

>how is it possible for people in some parts of your country to vote with no ID?
ID, passport or GTFO