Why does Sup Forums still shit all over the F-35?

Why does Sup Forums still shit all over the F-35?

The consensus on /k/ is that it's made huge progress since inception and is now basically point-for-point the 5th gen joint striker it should've been from the start.

Why haven't you cucks caught up yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQB4W8C0rZI
youtube.com/watch?v=4I6-2NJhnf4
warisboring.com/read-for-yourself-the-f-35-s-damning-dogfighting-report-719a4e66f3eb#.wtmqhn2oa
defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/feature/5/178789/pentagon’s-gilmore-warns-f_35-capabilities-are-in-jeopardy.html
youtube.com/watch?v=31oJIo8EVwY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtZNBkKdO5U
youtube.com/watch?v=LyHlp7tJrxY
youtube.com/watch?v=9s7-3EUXC_w
youtube.com/watch?v=An0KoWhhU5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last time Sup Forums posted seriously about the f35 was when it hadn't been coded to use its weapons system. Is that whole thing fixed?

It's too heavy. It's too slow. Its stealth capabilities will be made obsolete by improved radar technology in 10 years.

Also,

> A FUCKING FAN

(VTOL)

Because Sup Forums is actually full of blue pilled normies obsessed with instant-gratification who pretend to be red-pilled Trump supporters because it's the cool thing to do right now because the left has gone full retard mode.

This Aussie cunt is right
This year has marked a serious decline in Sup Forums culture.
Right now there is threads on faggot acceptance, favourite video games and trans faggot acceptance.
Pol is not redpilled, it is children role playing as conservatives.

As for the f-35, it's becoming cheaper and cheaper, completing its tests and I think it's next year a new strike force based around an Essex or America assault ship and f-35b is going to be the main focus in the Pacific during the CVN gap.

It's a fine aircraft

The b wing stabilizer vents are too low to let air through first off. The carbon steel rods they used to secure the frame bend too easy causing the plane turbulence. The thrusters carry a lower initial velocity on take off and the struts for the tire and gears tend to stick a lot. The fly shaft is designed in a u-shape that only clogs the exhaust. All in all, it's a shitty plane that had too much money spent on it.

Does it still get waxed WVR by a F16?

manned jet fighters are meme aircraft

$100 million a piece?!

The next war will be fought with cheap, mass-produced drones.

> One $100 million fighter
vs.
> Ten thousand $10k drones

$10k pays for:
> plastic airframe
> GPS
> gas engine with muffler
> servomotors for control
> 500lb bomb
> capacity to return to base after bomb drop

A $10k drone would be cheaper and simpler than a small car.

Tactically...
> war declared
> jet fighter flies one sortie, drops 10x 500lb bombs, returns to base
> drones fly one sortie, drop 10,000x 500lb bombs total, return to base
> jetfighter team surrenders

it's gonna be great, guys

We're just getting more liberal as the world becomes more conservative.
Between Islam growing stronger in Europe, the right wing winning more and more and leftist becoming unironically bigoted in their own twisted way, it's only normal that a board full of contrarians becomes more open minded when the world becomes close minded.

I don't think we'll swing full globalist or SJW type but I see in those threads you are talking about the natural order of things being respected.

In between you have the french army who thinks Drones are the futur but also considers that life isn't a videogame and you don't kill people with a joystick from thousands miles away so if you are a drone pilot drone they'll send you in the foe's country to fly it because flying it from France would be inhuman

This.
The future of warfare is drone everything.
We'll utilize an army of gamers to wage war without casualties.

Whole new set of remote sensing and communication technology.

Basically it doesn't need to dogfight like a 4th gen fighter because it will track the 4th gen fighter on radar and engage before it even spots the F35.

France, Germany, Sweden, Russia, India and China are pretty jelly because no one is buying their outdated planes anymore.

Cuck my shit up famalam

Back to the drawing board boys!

It wasnt the mighty air force, it was the countless dollars and engineers - it was a faggot from Sup Forums, who figured out what was wrong with with the plane

Sup Forums wasn't always Hitler groupies. They were counter culture just like Sup Forums. You are right though this is what happens to boards when they convince themselves they changed the world.

>Sup Forums Scientology 2008, anonymous becoming legion

Stopped reading at /k/

While this is coming in the future, you have to take into account that right now, the manned fighter can EASILY shoot down the drones.

They must be good if the Jews are buying them.

if i was the U.S tax payer i would hope that they are.

>The future of warfare is drone everything.
Not necessarily

Drones require an external link or a set of instructions. The other option is autonomous fighter jets which has obvious downfalls.

Every modern county has basically said they will not delegate lethal authority, ie let an autonomous aircraft make bombing decisions.

Comes down to a bigger question if humans are going to kill themselves with AI.

I didn't say autonomous drones. Maybe auto aiming but movement and firing input by humans.

>10k drone

A good missile can be as much as 20k, you dink.

Hey next time can you post stuff without pulling random shit out of your ass?

There's always teething problems with new military kit.

Lets be honest though, who gives a fuck. This stuff will sit in hangers and carriers and do flybys but I highly doubt it will see significant action.

That means radio transmissions, which makes it non stealthy.

should've either been lighter, or had two engines
no big deal though, the Lightning II is the export model, the US military will have the only Falcons and Silent Eagles. Mix in the electronic warfare toys they have and its total domination of the world's airspace.

youtube.com/watch?v=UQB4W8C0rZI

>Military expert Pierre Sprey, the founder and designer of the F-16 & A-10 Warthog airplanes, Explains why the f-35 will not cut it on the modern battlefield.

F35 a shit.

In case of major conflict, wireless communications can be disrupted by the enemy.

woah now. source?

There is some latency on sending drone commands, could be a few seconds but that's all a pilot will need to shoot it down.

bingo?

Man who designed Spitfire says Tornado and Typhoon are shit.

Yeah okay gramps.

>Sprey
Same guy who said F-15 would be shit and that M48A5 is better than M1A1. Also, people were saying the same thing about the F-35 while he was designing the F-16.

The comparison isn't the same considering he's designed modern fighter planes.

>Its stealth capabilities will be made obsolete when we learn how to circumvent the laws of physics

It is though, all these jets are designed to fight outside visual range. So how fast it moves and how tight its turning circle is doesn't really matter. It tends to come down to who has the more sophisticated missile.

Its a shit airframe with an amazing warfare systems package. It would have been an alright airframe but they kept fucking expanding the mission profile and the dickless knobs who decide how to procure shit decided 'lets just have one plane that does everything'.

I wonder how much would a mass-produced Spitfire cost nowadays.

Something is telling me that in the kind of fighting US tends to do, if they sold 1 F-35 and used the money to build WW2 bombers, they would get a better return on their money.

Will this combat cacophony of cogs and cables move kebab?
If so, god speed.

Why do you even comment on shit if you don't know what you are talking about?

Do you have a degree in Aeronautics or did you just visit the anti F-35 echo chamber?

Russian Zerg tactics are in their blood i guess

Well I agree to an extent. We pay far too much to blow up farmers in Afghanistan.

You need a basic level of technology, ie. how Challengers took out old T-72 knock offs in Iraq with no casualties, but don't over design it.

Look at the T-90, it's cheap(ish), small, provides adequate protection, thermal imaging and has a big gun. That's all you need.

No, of course you are right, using a $100,000 missile to blow up a $50 mud hut with an Arab peasant (free) wielding a $100 AK-47 is a bargain.

Then one F-35 crashes by accident, and you realize you could have used the money to just buy the entire enemy country.

He says within minutes that modern missiles are still shit and you can't ID an enemy properly until you're in visual range for risk of accidentally shooting down friendlies as happened in Vietnam.

In a major war with dodgy communications and planes everywhere, you need to get close.

The red pill is the ENTIRE military industrial congressional complex. American weapons are not made to win wars. They are made to waste billions of dollars and spread pork to congressional districts. They are also made for export and designed to break and constantly need new (expensive) parts.

It's great for business unless you actually have to fight a fucking war. I'm sure these systems work (barely) but a NON-profit nationalized company could make something better for 10% to 20% of the cost.

Russia makes their weapons FOR FIGHTING WARS. They are robust, modular, and easy to work on. Russia spends 1/10 as much on defense as America.

That's a load of shit, of course you can shoot another plane down based on a signal. Maybe not over Syria since it's like Heathrow at the moment, but in a warzone you shoot first ask questions later.

No, i went to a presentation hosted by the guy in charge of the lockheed design team for the F-35.

Example:
They had to put in enough space on ALL variants to fit a large vertical lift fan just because the fucking marines wanted STVL. Guess what fat airframes mean? Slow as shit airplanes.

Its not exactly a secret that if you design an airplane (that has massive size/weight/shape limitations) to fill a crapload of roles, you are going to have to make a lot of compromises. As a result the F-35 is slow (for a gen 5), not as stealthy as it could be, carries less payload, etc.

>but in a warzone you shoot first ask questions later.

Enjoy going down for a blue on blue.

youtube.com/watch?v=4I6-2NJhnf4

>now basically point-for-point the 5th gen joint striker it should've been from the start.
See this?
>promise your plane do every shit in the book
>release garbage which barely work
>years and millions dollars later
>look goy it work as I promised
Yeah such great plane.

warisboring.com/read-for-yourself-the-f-35-s-damning-dogfighting-report-719a4e66f3eb#.wtmqhn2oa

defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/feature/5/178789/pentagon’s-gilmore-warns-f_35-capabilities-are-in-jeopardy.html

F35 is never going to be a viable fighter plane. The only war it is ever going to wage is the one against the Pentagon budget.

It will happen. Being realistic though a pilot who's in danger will just throw the switch after a reasonable assurance that it's an enemy.

>They must be good if the Jews are buying them.
Correction: American taxpayer is buying them for the jews.

/k/ is weird... rejects any modern gun cause not innawoods nugget approved.

Fully supports broken fighter, that can't tell which bomb is in which rack.

Thing is crap. was gonna replace a lot of jets, the most well known was the a-10, but the airforce just said fuck that last month are going to retool and everything for support of the a-10 for more years to come. F16 with newest package can take on base model f35's and easily destroys the navy Vtol variant. F22 just straight murders this thing.

The only cool thing the f35 was gonna get was a huge ball laser using the vtol variant and it's power transfer casing from the engines, to the where the turbo fan was supposed to be, for shooting incoming missile, but the government got all hush hush and backed out.

Too expensive for what it's supposed to be used for, huge compromises in performance because muh multi-role
Also the helmet needed to fly it looks like shit

>2017
>using $100000000 jet to bomb savages with $10 aks

>Using Pierre Sprey as a source
>The man who pretends he was somehow relevant to the design of the F-16 and A-10 despite having no connection
>The man with no direct military experience
>The man who believes radar doesn't belong on planes
>Again the man Honestly believes radar is useless on modern planes
>RADAR
>The man who thinks guns are the most relevant way to take out another fighter in modern combat
>The man who thinks we should replace m1a1 abrams with vietnam era tanks "because the guns don't depress far enough"

Only people who think the f-35 is shit are Russian times shills and libshits who hate anything related to the military

Interesting.

the only people who cant admit the F-35's multiple obvious flaws are deluded masturbatory retards.

ME:I can reach out and touch that plane.....

Pol: You cant touch that plane...

Me:AAAHHHHHH!!

Cheaper F22 with less speed and stealth capabilities.

Everyone knows the F35 sucks shit, and was not designed to fight.

And dozens of NATO militaries, including the Dutch who ran a few tests with it..

And the F-15's that were unable to shoot down any F-35's in 8 simulated engagements.

And the FAA who can't even track F-35's in training, forcing them to turn on transponders even in exercises.

And the 110 air-to-air kills in Northern Lightning

And the fact that AWACS can't even keep track of the F-22/F-35 "too smart for emulators".

Keep dreaming

It's a compromised design. You either have a vtol plane or a normal plane you don't build both on the same airframe that's fucking retarded.

Also, and it's surprising this isn't a bigger deal on Sup Forums the F35 is AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: THE PLANE it' spearheaded a campaign to increase diversity in the military industrial complex.

It's literally built by sheboons.

>Only people who think the f-35 is shit are Russian times shills

^ this, it is a coordinated Russian propaganda campaign to make idiots think the F-35 is shit.

Sadly, Donald Trump and other important figures also fell prey to the lies.

The F-35 is a good plane.

The F22 is what should have been used, it was faster and had more thrust, it also flies higher. Really matters when you have guys pinned down several hunderrs mIles away that need air support.

That argument would mean re-tooling the US military to fight the kind of engagements it does today, right?

Competency against a modern world power is much more important imo.

The F-22 is fast because it doesn't have anywhere near the sensor package the F-35 does. Second, air superiority fighters aren't primarily CAS aircraft. Third, you aren't having your air support hundreds of miles away. Even the F-22 won't get there in time. In Afghanistan/Iraq they had fighter jets on patrol for hours getting gas from tankers so they could respond in time. You don't need a retarded amount of thrust and speed to provide CAS.

Preparing for future threats using a linear path set-out nearly 15 years ago.

Oh boy, this couldn't go wrong in any capacity.

Were chasing a wild goose. China has a carrier killing missile, and every one i talk to about it responsed with, well hopefully it doesn't operate to specs. All simulated swarm boat attack drills end in the destruction of carriers.

Future modern wars will not see carriers being used for anything more then back end support. Vtol was a waste unless it goes f18 growler E/War, but once again compromises on fuel for that turbo lift. Look up how long it can hover, if u even use it in vtol mode to take off or land you hemorrhage fuel like a mother fucker.

Re-tooling is cheaper, f22 machine equipment was shelved not destroyed, and every process and step in making it was recording. Hell they are even recreating the a-10's tools which were destroyed and still think they will come out on top from price to performance numbers.

The main reason the f22 performs better than the f35 is that the f35 fuselage is so fat.

This is why you don't build the vtol version of a plane on the same airframe as the regular version. The regular version of the plane suffers for design limitations placed on it by the seperate, vtol version.

Performs better at what? Dogfighting? Of course. The F-35 wasn't built for air superiority. The F-22 was.

What most people don't understand is that the main version of the f35 does not have the vertical take-off ability.

If they weren't retarded and built 2 separate planes they could have one f-22 replacement (f22 tech is what 30 years old now?) and a viable replacement for the a10.

Instead they got a jack of all trades master of none to replace 2 masters.

>A10
>not a shit

Muh titannium cockpit, muh plane build around a useless gun

>Consensus
>On /k/
LMAO

Watch and educate yourselves

There's a massive difference between "worth buying a few" and "perfection incarnate", like online ball-lickers will tell you it is. The people who designed the fucking thing think it has major flaws. That doesnt mean it isnt a deadly weapon but there are a few real simple variations in design philosophy that would fix the lions share of its flaws that werent made because a room full of cock-faces decided rolling a shitload of different plane procurement programs with wildly different goals into one program was good idea. The f-35 was a shitshow from BEFORE day one, simply because of unrealistic expectations.

I mean they could've done a massive amount of good just telling the marines to fuck off and get their own plane. That alone would eliminate the lift fan and associated systems which are holding the airframe back in a massive way when it comes to cost, complexity, speed, manuevrability, payload, flight time, etc.

The hands down best thing about the f-35 isn't the STVL or stealth or all that shit, its the weapons system, communication, and ewar package. Now I'm just speculating here but it sounds like it would'nt be all that difficult to design a common framework for this shit you could work into the design of multiple different planes. Hell maybe it would be very difficult, but i doubt it would be more difficult than trying to replace almost every large scale service fighter/multirole with one goddamn airframe.

you really think the ability to go fast, change direction, carry munitions, fly for longer stretches, or be sneaky aren't all that important in an airplane?

>The F-22 is fast because it doesn't have anywhere near the sensor package the F-35 doe
You are talking out of your arse. Neither of us know the weight of the sensor package on either plane and you're a dipshit for thinking otherwise.

>The hands down best thing about the f-35 isn't the STVL or stealth or all that shit, its the weapons system, communication, and ewar package. Now I'm just speculating here but it sounds like it would'nt be all that difficult to design a common framework for this shit you could work into the design of multiple different planes. Hell maybe it would be very difficult, but i doubt it would be more difficult than trying to replace almost every large scale service fighter/multirole with one goddamn airframe.

desu senpai imo the sensor fusion and related features of the f35 are massively overhyped. This is not new technology and is basically a more advanced version of the systems introduced in the early 80's

The whole plane is a refinement of older russian concepts

>a useless gun
Not at all, it makes your enemies shit in their pants, and even your allies...
youtube.com/watch?v=An0KoWhhU5Y

pic very much related

Everyone needs to watch these videos.

Need Dragon029 ITT.