Your country

>Your country
>Is it legal to shot someone for trespassing private property

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)
youtu.be/irnD34P2l1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Argentina.
No.

Only if someone shoots first.

America.
No.

Greatest country on the planet.

It's not legal to shoot someone who charges at you with a knife.

In Mexico only if he has a weapon bigger than you and you are in danger

Tip. Never let the burglar alive

Uganda
yes.

>not in the entire universe

You commie shet

>No
>And if you do shoot them dead, you'll go to prison for murder
>And they'll sue you if they survive

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

That's tricky, there's no law in Uganda

Ireland
No

I hate the laws in this country

America.
Depends on the state and what they are doing.

No. In Finland you can't really defend yourself with firearms even against armed attackers. There will always be some crime you will be guilty of.

Cyprus
hell no

*wrong*

Italy has the worst pizza i have ever tasted in my entire life. Italy has literal shit as pizza dont listen to them its basically bread with ketchup. its complete garbage

Sweden.
No.

>muh state monopoly on violence

It's only legal to shoot someone if he shot you first, and only legal to kill someone if he kills you first.

Years ago, a woman was sentenced to five years in prison for stabbing a man who was choking her, but received a presidential pardon because publicity.

>Example is a guy with an illegal weapon and history of violence.

Not meant to even beat them up, an off duty Police officer told me in the pub one time that if you want to say use a bat for home defense make sure you have a ball or something in your room as well as you cant have something like that with home defense in mind. Also if you do hit them with anything your best bet is dragging them to the bottom of the stairs so you can claim you thought they were going to head up to hurt your family.

In my country people have gone to jail for killing someone who was trying to kill them, with the assaulter's weapon, in their own house, while sleeping.

wait thats mexico not italy.
well i guess mexishits know a thing or two about trespassing some other country's property dont you?

only if they shoot at you
you can only claim self defense with proportional retaliation

Yes. I live in California and even here, it's legal to shoot someone trespassing on your property if you're in fear of your life.

How are the gun and self defense laws in Mexico. A bunch of soldiers came into my grandpa's home and took his rifles, shotguns and revolvers, he grew up in a ranch but moved his kids to the city when he got older. He managed to hide two revolvers and shot a burglar once, who ended up getting away. No one called the cops so it was good, but I hear the Mexican government is cracking down on vigilantes who are going around cities fucking up muggers and other criminals

Why did Derek go to prison if he killed the guys who were trying to ron his house?

I thought it was legal in America

>Pump-action shotguns with a magazine capacity of more than two are illegal to hold on a shotgun certificate
God damn what a shithole.

You obviously have never been to italy dumbfuck.

Also wanted to add, if you're going to shoot an intruder, make sure you kill them.

Ya pommie cunts get it in ya pommie fuckin head that ya all pussies.
Mate all ya fufkign need is a lamb shank and ya gold

In some circumstances, yes

I think it was for the second guy

Because he fucking curb stomped the guy.

Cuckmenistan
No
And it's crime here when you dont welcome and suck off the burglar

Nah you are allowed to use a wepaon you just can't be shown to have had intent to kill. That's why the farmer who shot at gypos in the dark was done for manslaughter.

America. Michigan specifically.

Michigan laws are somewhat archaic but otherwise conform to most national home defence standards.

If someone trespasses with intent to commit harm against person or property, yes, to an extent, but you cannot shoot them in the back. If someone trespasses on a farmer's land, however, anywhere on their field or property which may contain items relevant to their livelihood, they are allowed to fire upon the trespasser with lethal intent.

>If you let the guy alive and injured you have to paid for all his medical bills and serve jail time, and even if you kill him you will end up in jail.
If anything, hide the body, never calls the cops, and destroy the body. Nobody will miss a criminal.

Hah
You can't even wreck the fucker who attacks you, because you would be in jail.

*And allow him to fuck your wife while you watch

>Lived in California
Also making a mayate bite the curb and them stomping him, is not considered self defense anymore.
Even in states like Texas where you can shoot someone feeling with your or your neighbor's property, you would do some time for doing that shit

i dont know

German cuisine is garbage

Depends on the state. My current state of residence? No. My old one? If they're committing a felony like arson or some such.

Because it's fucking Commiefornia. The gun itself was probably illegal.

His brother was the only one that saw him do it, and he does mention that Derek would have gotten life had he testified.

Belgium in a nutshell
>you can't have guns for self defense
>but you're allowed to shoot somebody if there is a threat for your life

You're not allowed to shoot just to protect materials, but as long as your life is in danger and your reaction is proportionate, you can defend yourself and eliminate the threat.

Try it and post the results

he was done for murder, the conviction was lowered to manslaughter when it came to light he had paranoid delusions and Aspergers's (diminished responsibility).

USA
Yes

But it's not legal in Commie states like California. That place sucks with self defense laws. One of the worst

> Is it legal to shoot them?
Yes. But only if you kill them. The law doesn't act kindly to anything less than lethal self defense.

Flag
Yes, as long as it's for defending yourself and your family. Honestly, who gives a shit about criminals just say they attacked you and you're good to go.

>canada
>""""legal""""" only in very specific scenarios, like if you are cornered or if your attacker has a gun

No. You can only use "reasonable force".

That is the strangest thing about american home defense laws. If the state didn't want you killing people, why do they structure the laws so the safest thing to do is kill people?

r8 my home defence weapon

>usa, texas
fuck year

I live in MD. I have a "duty to retreat", then I can kill an intruder without potential consequence.

Here, yes, if I feel threatened.

How did she hang herself when her feet touch the floor?

This is curiously true
I shot a guy breaking into my car and the cop told me "next time kill him, and l don't care if there's a trail of blood leading into the house, you make sure he dies in the doorway"

No
you shot intruter and you get to prison if you are not able to defend yourself infront of judge

instant arrest/10

why not use a bat or something with that there is no way you can deny that the only reason you have it is to cause harm.

What's the legal reason for this user?

firstly its retarded
secondly if someone squeezes your fingers together with force you're going to have your fingers broken

same here, shitty law if you ask me

>mfw I got no face

yes
in all muslim countries you are allowed to kill any trespassers that breaks in your house
its part of out religion

You can't even shoot a person who wants to kill you with a knife, shit's fucked.

If someone is being raped here, you can't help the victim while she's being raped because if you hit the rapist, it's assault

Depends on the state laws, some you can shoot on sight so long as you have a sign up. Others you just have to convince a jury you felt threatened, some it's still illegal but the sound of that shotgun sure makes people shit themselves.

If they can live there's a chance they can sue you.

Latvia
YES!

>flag
>no, but we do it anyway

It's a catch 22, if your life was in danger and you respond with lethal force that isn't lethal it can be considered unnecessary use of it. Castle doctrine and Stand Your Ground covers this Ayoob has a decent vid on this youtu.be/irnD34P2l1w

WAT

God dammit Canada

It's legal to shoot or kill someone in self defense, or if others are in severe danger.

This is called nödverge, but you don't get off with it each time. It all depends if it could have been avoided, that is if unnecessary excessive force was used.

You should see some of the better pics where the skin on their feet turns into giant 'balloons' filled with rotting juices

What the fuck is wrong with your country, also just take the assault charge.

It is legal if they break into your house.

Sorry senpai but it's true

Switzerland

Very very grey area but theoretically, yes.

if anyone wondering, in the Koran it says if you welcome a burglar or uninvited person to come in your house you are a cuckhold (dayus) for endangering your family both physically and honourly (potentially letting the tresspasser hurt your wife and children) and you will be met with fires of hell in afterlife. if you kill the tresspasser you will be rewarded with good muslim points(pahala) and you will go to heaven easier

>Police have been accused of pursuing a vendetta against Tony Martin as it emerged they impounded the car the farmer sleeps in after finding a possibly unlicensed air rifle during a raid on his land.

BRITAIN NO

sharpen the nails

If you shoot to kill when its obvious the guy is not threat to you then its illegal. If you accidentally shoot and kill someone then it's legal. Plenty of times, burglars have been shot dead by shotguns when they attempt to raid a country home.

>Texas
>Is it legal
Under certain circumstances.

>When is a landowner allowed to shoot at a trespasser? According to Section 9.42 of the Texas Penal Code, a landowner can shoot at or use other deadly force against a trespasser if the landowner reasonably believes the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means, or that the landowner himself would be exposed to substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury if the landowner does not use deadly force. A landowner can also shoot at or use other deadly force against a trespasser if the force is immediately necessary to prevent the trespasser's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or to prevent the trespasser who is fleeing immediately after committing one of those acts from escaping with the property. "Criminal mischief" includes "knowingly or intentionally damaging or destroying, tampering with or marking, inscribing slogans, drawing or painting on tangible property " of the property owner.

The keys here are:

1. You're allowed to use deadly force to defend yourself (self defense) at all times, including against a trespasser who presents a danger.

2. You're allowed use deadly force if that force is necessary to prevent "arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime."

3. And "to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property"

"Nighttime" is a key word in the last two scenarios, so it's a good thing to know when the sun sets in Texas. For legal reasons.

WRONNNNGGGG

>texas
>country
Not in a billion years you chucklefuck

>Texas
>What trespassers officer?

I use it to remember important dates

Depends on the state. Florida is a castle law state which means if someone's on my property and I feel threatened I can kill them. We're also a stand your ground state, which means I can defend myself or others with deadly force in public.

In California, yes.

>you punch a motherfucker in the head
>it sticks
>your hand is now stuck to his face
>the guy is dying, but right now he's fucking PISSED and YOUR HAND is STUCK TO HIS FACE

don't think so, fucking cucked desu

Some guy robbed a jewelry store at gunpoint, owner shot and killed him, owner got put in jail

kill me now famalams

I have something similar that is less overkill

five bucks off amazon. Too bad its probably illegal to carry unless I carry it 'openly' in my state

*If you shoot and accidentally kill someone (with intent to hit them in the first place)

afaik it's a "yes and no" for Belgium.

>no
because you cannot harm someone who is not a threat to you, even when they enter your home.

>yes
because you can use physical force to make a citizen's arrest, and if they resist you can use any means necessary to protect yourself from an attacker, including "sports" firearms.

Glorious Chilean Empire

Yes. Just be sure he dies before he gets out of your property though.

>mfw I remember being about 6 and the guy next door to my best friend had just bought a pump-action shotgun
>mfw he pulled it out in the middle of the afternoon and blew his shed door to bits with it
>mfw no police, not a single person gave a single fuck
>mfw, at most, 4 or 5 years later someone rang the police immediately because they seen a man on the field who "had a stick, but it might have been an air rifle"
>mfw the entire area was cordoned off with armed response looking for a man with a potential air rifle

I think the only thing that keeps me living here is the delusion that things will go back to normality at some point before I'm too old. They did find the guy with the air rifle too. He was a dog walker with a walking stick. It's probably best that happened so long ago because if it was now they probably would have shot him, like they did to that unarmed kid a couple of months back. I sure do feel safe knowing these trained marksmen don't make mistakes with their live ammo.

If you or somebody else is in immediate danger and you (and the other people in danger) don't have a way to escape you are allowed to use necessary force to end the danger.

Laymen aren't required to know what the necessary force is, so they can use reasonable force. I.e. using firearms against unarmed intruders is out of the question if you can retreat. IF you believe that the intruder is armed and has the intention to hurt you or other people, you can use necessary/reasonable force. If the intruder's handlight/cellphone/whatever looks like a gun to you and you felt that you were in immediate danger without a way to escape, you can use force to end the threat.

Your property is worhless compared to wellbeing of anybody, including the intruders, so defending your property gives you no extra powers. If you see somebody stealing your bike and push over the bike in order to stop the thief, you may end up in prison for an assault while the thief may only end up with a small fine.

You have to be defending an army base or a nuclear power station (or any other place which could threaten the national security if intruders could get in) to have an authority to use lethal force without you or somebody else being in immediate danger.