If flag burning is constitutional, is burning the constitution also constitutional?

If flag burning is constitutional, is burning the constitution also constitutional?

How about burning all copies of the constitution until there are none left?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803567993036754944
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Or how about burning the constitution right after it was written and signed?
Before any copies were made?

go ahead, flag burning is only controversial because people understand only people who want to burn the flag also want the end of current america. It's about power not feelings. Letting them do this is continuing down the slippery slope, we have to climb back up, which is what trump is doing

You're not allowed to just burn someone else's flag you clown.

I thought flag burning was illegal in the USA. How can it be constitutional?

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Burning federal property is a crime.

Do property owners have the right to burn their property? Yes. Do people have a right to burn things on public property? Not necessarily.

People can't buy copies of the constitution?

>Do property owners have the right to burn their property?

Can you read?

So you're saying burning the constitution is constitutional?

It used to be a felony and was all an act of war then some shit in the 70s it was legal ....

Hilldawg tryin to be firs up in da howz

>How can it be constitutional?
many believe it falls under free speech

Freedom of Expression.

As with most things, it should be legal, but socially abhorrent. Like asking to be ostracized.

We need common sense flag burning laws.

Since when did free speech involve setting things on fire? I always thought the legal term was arson.

If you intentionally burned your own house down you would go to jail.

But burning the US flag/constitution is burning the very symbol of the system that allows free speech.

In essence, burning the US flag is opposition to free speech.

These are the same idiots who interrupt all talk of free speech with "YOU CAN'T YELL FIRE IN A CROWDED THEATER! THERE ARE REASONABLE LIMITS ON FREEDOM OF SPEECH"

That's a you can't talk about opposing the USA because that would deny liberty kind of argument. It might sound nice and flowery but many countries have their own form of liberty while hating the USA.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH DOESNT MEAN FREEDOM FROM THE CONSEQUENCES THATS WHY WE ARE GOING TO GET YOU FIRED FROM YOUR JOB FOR SUPPORTING TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE

If it's a copy they own, then yes. It is their private property to do with as they wish.

The constitution is not as important in itself as the rights it enshrines.

if you're burning the constitution as a demonstration of your frustration/anger/douchiness, then yes, it is considered constitutionally protected free speech

of course, this only applies to burning your own copy of the constitution, if you were to try to burn the original document, you'd probably be killed by a patriot before you could get it lit

>many countries have their own form of liberty while hating the USA.
So why not go there, or be forced to?

Why would "liberty to oppose the very idea of country X" be enshrined in the constitution of country X?

sounds good to me

If you can't see how thats false equivalence, then you need help.

Burning your own private property =/= endangering others and causing mass panic with false threats

Advocating abolishing the Constitution is also free speech. I agree with flag burning as a form of protest; I think it's dumb and edgy, but it should be legal to show people what a child you are.

The problem is, as says, our enemy is not rational or willing to make compromises. They will dismiss free speech as much as they possibly can and claim hate speech is not covered, but then they'll act outraged that Trump want to ban flag burning. In short, they're cunts who need to be made uncomfortable.

What nonsense are you talking about meme france?

You don't think a violent symbol of opposition against the very country you live in presents a danger to others?

well here in the USA, you also have the freedom to be a complete fucking idiot
hope that helps explain the whole flag burning thing

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803567993036754944
This and the corresponding salt

There's idiocy, and then there's "let's violently symbolize the fiery destruction of our country" idiocy.

No I do not because it is a very legitimate form of protest, the very same idea this country was founded upon.

Limiting expression is against the very idea of this country. In fact, should the US ever become full on tyrannic, I would say flag burning would be more patriotic than flag waving.

>burning the flag is free speech not hate speech
>saying nigger is hate speech not free speech

Trump

>should the US ever become full on tyrannic, I would say flag burning would be more patriotic than flag waving.
So you agree that flag burning is an open declaration of war?

“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag,” Scalia said. “But I am not king.”

You can't go buy the Constitution or wear it on your underwear

This. I feel like most of Sup Forums is lazy. They want things to be illegals so they dont feel offended by it and so they dont have to actually say or do anything themselves.

das rite goy

>it should be legal

No, it shouldn't.

Burning a flag is burning a flag. A declaration of war is a declaration of war. Freedom to do anything as long as you are impinging the rights of others. Now fuck off

Are not*

>advocating the destruction of a country
>not impinging on the rights of others

No. It is a form of protest. More than that, an American is allowed to destroy their own private property.

It would be un-American to make it against the law.

You are profoundly stupid and I can't fathom how anyone would have the patience to deal with you on a daily basis.

Burning flag doesn't usually mean you want a country to stop existing. It means you want the government to change their behavior.

Regardless, it's self-expression and it doesn't matter what it means.

Cry more pussy.