Is it degenerate for males to cry at a funeral of your loved one?

Is it degenerate for males to cry at a funeral of your loved one?

Yes.

Right after spilling your booze, it's the only legit occasion for a man to shed a tear.

Immediate family (wife, child, mother, father, sibling) it's ok.

Anyone else it is degenerate.

Military is the exception.

Parents and grandparents, a little is acceptable. Everything else should be stonefaced sadness and a few stiff drinks.if you have to cry, do it in private.
T. Funeral pro

It is. I beat my little brother at my father´s funeral after service for crying like a little bitch, he was hospitalized later for skull fracture, but I know I made my father proud considering he hit us with his fists all the time when we cried even when we were infants

yes
if anything, those tears should be accompanied by angry screams and punches at the coffin

No. It's one of the few circumstances under which a man is allowed to cry.

I think bawling and screaming out loud is pretty awkward for any adult to do.

Simply silently shedding tears is fine, maybe a few quiet sobs now and then.

>no homo

Based father.

A few solitary tears, but a man can never break down and lose control, sobbing like a woman.

Every woman will secretly judge you for it. Always maintain frame.

Tbh if I saw someone start crying after spilling their drink I would not see them as a man at all

Ill second this.

This

this.

as long as you don't implode in on yourself, sure. Gotta keep it together for the sake of those around you.

It's acceptable for a man to cry if any of the following die:
Parents, grandparents, siblings, wives, children, anyone who raised you, and dog.
It's also acceptable for a man to cry if:
He has a divorce, loses a limb or major part of his body, or if it's a "tears of joy" situation (Child graduates college, first child is born)

Tbqh, I've never shed a tear at a funeral. Not as a lad, surely not as a man. I don't feel sad about the passing of people, close family or not. I just never got it.

> inb4 edgelord
I'm serious. Is something wrong with me?

Not at the funeral, a public place with kids and women around. It's a ceremony to bid farewell, you should done your main grieving before then anyway.

I have lost several family members these past few years and I haven't even felt like crying.

I feel something is wrong with me

It is one of only two instances in which a man is permitted to cry.

I'm the same way.

Maybe we are fucked

Have either of your parents died yet?

Guess that makes us de-facto funeral planners. Probably would've done well in the military.

>It's also acceptable for a man to cry if:
>He has a divorce
pussy.

Mom had cancer, but survived.

Although it is unsightly, a funeral should remain one of the few places a man can shed tears in public without fear of stigma.

I try to shed a single tear, if I can. Everyone thinks I'm to stoic in emotional (for them) situations.

>followed by a stiff drink
No dice...I'll find something funny that I shouldn't.

bunb

I am not one to cry but I did cry when my Grandmother died. Or rather I cried when I saw her at the open casket funeral.

I have never cried at a funeral because my family always looks at me to be the strong one and keep my shit together so that they can lean on me. It is the burden of manhood, but one that we must preserve. I don't judge anyone who cries at funerals though, as long as they don't become a sobbing mess. At the same time, when I look at my aging dog and think about her dying, I have to stop myself from crying.

Depends on their age and circumstance of death. If your father dies suddenly of a heart attack at age 50, cry your fucking eyes out in private. Try to keep composure at the funeral but crying is certainly understandable, just don't lose it completely.

I was able to keep it cool for most of my father's funeral but I lost it and sobbed like a retarded woman when I was presented with his flag.

My grandma raised me as a child, and I spent most of her funeral looking at the floor.
Had to go get the eucharist at the front during the service and kept it together.
I just teared up pretty badly as I had to walk past her coffin at the end.

Sobbed a couple of times when I hugged my aunt, but was at the most just teary-eyed otherwise.

its normal behavior mohamed

YES NO TEARS BE A MAN KUCK

I have a hard time crying at funerals, if it was one of my parents or siblings though I'd probably be in tears.

>being so insecure about your masculinity that you have to be more of an actor than a broadway fag around other people

I only cry at Siegfried's death in Götterdämmerung

No, but both have been very close to death via medical issues

Not the same desu.

obvs

The first time I ever saw my dad cry was at my great grandmother's funeral.
In fact, my dad and all my uncles cried.
Was kinda surreal tbqh.

The first time I saw my dad cry was when I beamed a baseball to his nuts when I was like 7.

Got a good ass whoopin for that.

men can do whatever they want. Anyone that confronts a guy crying at a funeral should expect to get decked.

I think it depends on how close you are with your family. My parents never really talked to me or taught me anything (no family dinners, never taught me how to ride a bike/drive, etc.) and have never really given me any useful advice on the facts of life (women, money, jobs). I still love my family for taking care of me as a child and i believe in being a dutiful son but i don't see myself crying when they pass.

You're allowed a single manly tear at funerals, your daughter's wedding, and when your dog dies. Anything more than that is degenerate.

No, it's one of the very few legit reasons a man is allowed to publicly shed tears.

My parents were mostly self-absorbed shitheads.

I'll probably mourn them, but I don't see myself crying at their funerals either.

My saintly grandmother was a different story though. She earned my tears.

I can get behind this.

Kek

Its a little shameful to break down and weep, sure. No one will say anything but you are showing weakness.
Nothing wrong with controlled, dignified, crying.
The idea is that you shouldn't let your emotions control you. You aren't supposed to be a fucking robot.

>Military is th exception

look at this faggot.

I did not shed a single tear at my father's funeral.

Am I autistic? I don't know why I didn't cry, I just didn't feel the need to.

Yes

Women sob, children cry

How old are you guys?

GUYSH IS DIS REDPILL OR NO?

GUYSH IS THIS Sup Forums APPROVED?

GUYSH IS DIS DEGENERATE?

Grow a pair, newfags. Underage posters are not allowed.

Have any of your brothers died?

>mourning the death of someone
>not celebrating

IF YOU FEEL HONOR BOUND TO CRY YOU DO IT WHEN YOU HEAR THE NEWS PRIVATELY, PUTTING ON A SHOW AT THE FUNERAL IS ULTIMATE DEGENERACY AND WHOLLY INAUTHENTIC

How about tearing up when you walk by the coffin, but keeping a manly stride and posture about you?

Also, anyone can cry all they want. Why the fuck do you guys care. None of your close family member or friend died yet (most here saying "men should never cry" are probably underaged) so you probably don't know how you're going to react.

rant over

Cry, if you feel its necessary.
Do not over do it.

t. crybaby

TEARING UP IS ACCEPTABLE IF THE TEARS NEVER ROLL OTHERWISE: DEGENERACY

When I'm genuinely moved, tears start to pour out, even when I watch sad or heroic movies. But I never whine, make grimaces or sounds, it's like blushing when you're ashamed.

>trying to look like a tough guy on the internet
Mock me all you want, you know how pathetic you are.

pol is neo degenerate they believe in mandatory homosexuality among other twisted things

why are you asking here???

Then it's just raining, user...

Okay underaged retard.

Father, son, brother or grandfather are OK.

>males
>cry
literally wat

This. If you have to sob keep your face in the palm of your hand to muffle it.

Ironic how all these newfag internet tough guys talk about how they never cry and how crying is "degenerate" (even if close family member dies), but they always piss in their pants and reply to those stupid "reply or your mother dies in her sleep"

All you guys are fucking pussies. Admit it.

But what if it was your sensai?

Faggot

Only funeral I cried at was when a close family friend died. Danny was a good man, he was older in his 60s, he held a lot of wisdom, and life experience. I spent most my childhood, and teenagehood walkibg next door to his house, and talkibg. We spoke about everything, and anything. Many summer nights we'd stay up to midnight, sitting in his front yard, talking about life, politics, philosophy, and more. I miss our talks dearly still even though it's been 6 years since he died.

>Is it deg-
yes

Men don't cry

Men weep.

Is it degenerate to cry a lot in private but never where someone can see you? I cry pretty much every month tbqh.

VARG KNOWS

UNLESS YOU SHOW UP TO SET EVERYTHING ABLAZE ALL FUNERALS ARE COMPLETE DEGENERACY

>is it degenerate to cry
>degenerate

I can't handle this much autism in one day.

Best friend?

Take the EQ test m8

Real men aren't afraid to cry.

Only pussies hold back their tears.

Interesting point, maybe the fear of exposure and paranoia has something to do with it. Some kind of hypersensitivity that makes you cold-hearted in public but anxious in private.

Yeah I'll say it ok for a friend depending on how close you were with them, because some friends can be closer to you than family members

You're not a degenerate if you cry during a funeral.

Stop micromanaging each other so fucking hard. Pointless shit like this is why people snap and become fags and trannies.

God fucking save you all.