twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Short answer: yes but very expensive + some paperwork

You can buy the gun, not the ammo

Sure but it would be very expensive and you'd have to go through paperwork

Unless you are launching smoke

Yes, good luck getting ammo for it.

M79? Yes. 40mm explosives prob not.

Yes.
40mm requires a $200 tax stamp and a 8mo-1yr wait for the ATF to return the forum to you.
I believe a nam era M79 is around 10-12k USD.

You can buy pic for ~$1800 and buy a stock for ~$400. Much better/cheaper setup desu.

Also each round requires a $200 tax tamp as well since they are explosive and thus a DD. You will also need an approved explosives container/magazine.

both through official and unofficial channels?

37mm version is legal
Smoke rounds
practice rounds
birdbangers
all legal.

You'd need to go through the extra paperwork and spend a couple hundred to get permission to buy the ammo

Is it possible to machine grenade casings on a lathe and "hand-load" them so to speak?

or is this the sort of thing that costs hobbyists fingers?

You will need Class 3 licensing, which is a very expensive and tedious process. Once you have class 3 licensing you will then have to purchase this specially from either the government itself or from another class 3 seller. The ammo will need to get approved by your local law enforcement by means of a tax stamp of other approval before you can purchase it because this falls under the "destructive device" clause of the NFA.

This entire process will probably cost $100k+. It's not even worth it unless you're a billionaire with a hard on for guns.

You can buy the 40mm brass and roll your own if you're a chemist who doesn't care about the law. There's books on filling them with whatever you want online.

If you're at that point you can buy a 37mm "flare" launcher from spikes and a 40mm tube separately too. Illegal though.

does any of you burgers have it? sounds like the biggest showoff of freedom money can buy, but never seen much around

>and "hand-load" them
Do you really want to hand load HE rounds? Do you have any idea how rounds from a grenade launcher are armed?

wrong
no you buy the brass 40mm casing and the projectile is available to be filled to a specific weight. the round doesn't care what it's shooting.

No, they only ever made like 10. The only reason it's so commonly recognized is because of its use in video games

Yes

37mm off the shelf

40mm with a $5 tax stamp and a 6-12 month wait while the ATF shuffles piles of paper around.

Wrong

It's a simple NFA transfer from existing owner or SOT manufacturer or class III dealer .

You can buy the ammo, it just costs $200 per round for the stamp tax.

If you can find one yes. Also the underbarrel m203 or updated hand held m79s can be had too. Ammo requires a DD tax stamp and ATF approved hazmat storage, but if you have money, you can own one and shoot it.

lmtstore.com/m203.html

This is all theoretical and I have zero intentions of doing this so dont come shoot my dog atf, but could you launch pipe bombs out a 37mm launcher?

no they got made for decades by a bunch of different companies. they're just rare as fuck in legal transferable form. that's why a legal transferable ak47 costs $25k here yet is $15 in Africa.

they're boring as fuck since you can only realistically shoot chalk or beehive rounds.
lots of burgers have them, just google 40mm shooting chalk on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=N6Vd_w6_IwM

mortars are way more fun desu. same process of ownership

>be me
>think I can make explosives
>disregard all those pictures of hadji bomb makers with missing fingers
>go in my dad's garage
>die

>could you launch pipe bombs out a 37mm launcher
no retard. I forget what the weight is for a 40mm. it's only a couple grams of he. paladin press has a book on making rounds.

I can buy a fully operational battle tank if i could afford it

>sounds like the biggest showoff of freedom money can buy
Dude, there are people in this country who own working artillery pieces, tanks, and fighter planes.

Unfortunately yes. Guns should be out of reach for most citizens so that gun deaths can decrease.

Yes, though M79s are somewhat rare because not very many were registered. So that's why they cost $8,000

oh my, thats so bourgeois. this looks way more to a popular level

i wouldnt be too sad to be killed by a grenade launcher, at least it's original. also i dare you to show me some death caused by this shit

looks useful to get a bunch of niggers to fuck off tho

The plain text of the second amendment doesn't mention caliber or rate of fire or even guns at all, just "arms". The biggest weapon of war at the time was a cannon-armed sailing ship, and those were privately owned, to the point that the constitution authorized the issue of "letters of marque" to their owners to contract them for naval use. To my thinking, Congress shouldn't have the authority to ban private ownership of nuclear warheads, without a further amendment to the constitution.

As far as that goes, if it took an amendment to ban alcohol in the 20's, it should have taken another one to ban or regulate drugs.

you know that hing is just a tube with a trigger and a hammer right?

If theyd make it illegal you could just build one yourself.

Fuck you shill

Counting people domed by CN canisters in riots might inflate the numbers, but I bet legit grenade kills are concentrated around the Mexico border.