What does Sup Forums think of United Methodists?

What does Sup Forums think of United Methodists?

Other urls found in this thread:

umc.org/what-we-believe/does-the-united-methodist-church-have-a-position-on-gun-control
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I knew a methodist girl, she was a really good musician
They are honorary catholics

>honorary catholics

That's not a good thing

I am a practicing Methodist. Good people, but right now there is a ton of division with a lot of pastors and people within the church supporting gay marriage.

The Church is still holding strong though, with our official position being against homosexuality, and hopefully this lasts.

But yeah I love the people and worship though.

Only thing better would be honorary Orthodox, but that ain't gonna happen.

I stole a Hymnal once from them.

You piece of shit.

I attend a Methodist Church.
Watched a man in the choir change into a woman over the course of a year.
Gays seem to be welcome there.
When my Parents die, I am never going back.

Proud United Methodist reporting in

Is very comfy religion, full of very warm and hospitable people
None of that fire & brimstone shit

Fun fact, hard-line adherents of our faith, myself included, do not gamble

Methodists are anti-gun.

That's not anywhere in our doctrine
I think you just met the last Christian Liberal is all

Orthodox are overrated.
They claim to be the oldest tradition, thus making them the true way of faith.
I don't buy that argument anymore.
The tradition is based on political structures that existed at the time. Definitely not the original tradition of Christian life and faith as in the book of Acts.

dont agree with their gay acceptance

See personally I don't like gambling but its interesting to see how different denominations take it to different levels. Some won't buy insurance because they feel it is too similar to gambling and others just forbid like games of chance. What if someone gets enjoyment out of playing the stock market? Is that gambling?

Face it, you belong to a cuck church.

umc.org/what-we-believe/does-the-united-methodist-church-have-a-position-on-gun-control

Full of liberals who infest Bible studies with "God didn't really mean/do that" I don't think God would" shit. Very annoying desu. Weak sermons that are more local outreach oriented than about learning doctrine. Only like 10-15min of scripture reading per sermon if that.

Oh yes they are. Got kicked out of 2 churches for ccw.

That's more on the person
The belief is "Methodists should not gamble"
with the justification being "gambling feeds into human greed" and greed is a big no-no to Methodists because it's one of those communal religions
Hence Methodists are also supposed to help those who have been victimized by gambling

So for a person to decide for themselves that they don't believe the Stock Market is a gamble is up to them
It's a personal choice at that point

That made me laugh.
Not even the same thing. The burning cross represents the opposite of the cross and the fire of the Holy Spirit.

Methodism isn't opposed to firearms.
They're just not permitted IN CHURCH

That's interesting. In my mind most American Protestants aren't generally viewed as communal other than the Amish/Mennonite type that actually live in a community.

Community is big in the Methodist Church

For instance, Methodist churches allow everyone, even non-members, to participate in communion

Going so far as to avoid using actual wine for communion so that recovering alcoholics can still partake of the sacrament

Y...your right to bear arms stops while worshiping God.

kys, stop selling shit in church too. It's embarrassing.

Now you are just being foolish. The Methodist church is known for being highly anti-gun. Read their own anti-gun nonsense in the link I posted.

Or keep being in denial you Methodist cuck.

Fuck the Methodists.

> ayo imma tell you like this, god

> Then, then it's, then it's the Methodists
> It's like mad different methods to the way I do my shit

I love being Methodist desu

>stop selling shit in church too
The fuck church are you going to

They're busy little bees, but their doctrine is decent. They were just started by a guy who worked 20 out of 24 hours a day and was pissed off about the other 4.

Every Methodist church I've ever been to over 25 years now has sold Bible study material / group vacation/service days. Why lie?

>None of that fire & brimstone shit

kek

Methodism is one of the old churches of the USA along with Baptists and Presbyterians

You're a homo

What does being old have to do with them being pro-homo, pro-women clergy, and anti-gun?

I was raised methodist from birth in a midsized midwestern town. We had the largest, oldest church and the most attended congregation.

It was full of hypocrisy and bullshit. They didn't even take religion seriously, but instead spent the "Sunday Friendship Hour" as a time to gossip and name-drop. The mayor, the football coach, the team doctor, and the owner of the largest grocery were all "members". Shit.

My dad, a Lutheran, was displayed in this church when he died. The who's who showed up for a few minutes then left.

Such is life in a United Methodist church. They're all fakers and liars. They are not honest about their religion. They use "moderates" for the sake of gaining new members.

t. Confirmed lifelong Agnostic because of Methodist upbringing

Huh, didn't know that. Do they only have the juice or the wafer as well?

Who cares. They push a liberal anti-gun agenda. To hell with them.

We don't use the Catholic wafer thing. If you can't move they'll bring the bread to you. They also have some crackers. They do communion weekly at most large churches but traditionally it's once a month.

Can confirm, I volunteer my time at a methodist church near me and I cant believe the amount of liberal ideology that has taken ahold of the church... There is a kid in our group that I volunteer with who goes to a Christian University that has an LGBTQ activist organization??? Like wtf is that
spoiler alert: this kid is most definitely gay

being a pastor's kid i can confirm your frustration and disappointment

United Methodists are rather similar to Catholics except they don't hang their brains at the door when they enter the Sanctuary or Sunday School...excluding the US West Coast Tribe which inhabits a different planet.

See when I was younger it was the opposite at church, they always had the Eucharist but occasionally they'd have the sacramental wine as well. Now they pretty much always have both.

>United Methodists?
What are they united against?

Like most prot churches, they will be pro-sodomy in 3 or 4 years.

No respect

the whole communion thing just borders on disgusting. i've seen and heard too much to ever put that in my mouth. i get the bread and barely touch the juice with it. hold it until the service is over. take it home and feed it to the birds in the back yard.

Conservative protestant churches are the ones that are growing

Not very all things considered. Closest to Catholics would be Lutherans or Anglicans.

Thanks! I'm just looking at other denominations to join when Methodism finally supports sodomy.

I saw others had already somewhat answered my question, so I deleted it.

Not a problem, don't worry about it. I'm interested to see if the Anglicans start backing SSM soon too. Seems to be only a matter of time unfortunately.

They already do. Are you such a child that you need an official memo from the people you're supposed to be in fellowship with to know how they feel on an issue? Look at what they've officially published regarding gay marriage. The inclusion of commentary/discussion from sodomites whom they consider fellow Methodists already sends a message of acceptance.