en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Desecration_Amendment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_words

Christian Walker
Christian Walker

destruction of property is free speech

Xavier Smith
Xavier Smith

Burning the flag is not free speech

Burning the symbol that represents everything American is an extremely small act of war

Ethan Ortiz
Ethan Ortiz

what if it belongs to you?

Evan Brown
Evan Brown

I thought the canned response the faggots are supposed to deliver when talking about free speech is "free speech does not mean free from consequences of free speech".

Sacks of crap!

Daniel Jenkins
Daniel Jenkins

I'd make an exception for flag burning because it literally only affects scum and complete idiots.

Adrian Ortiz
Adrian Ortiz

Of course this was a mistake. Electing a 70 year old dude who loves Putin.

But hey, at least the memes were great.

Aiden King
Aiden King

Scalia is right you are wrong

Kill yourself unamerican scum

Carter Flores
Carter Flores

what will leftists make exceptions for, since it would only affect scum?

aren't you setting a dangerous precedent?

Carson Wood
Carson Wood

Why do you keep making these threads?
>>>/reddit/

Christopher Wood
Christopher Wood

I hope so. Fuck leftists.

Christian Bennett
Christian Bennett

the real spoopy part is that he's supporting cruel and unusual punishment

Eli Cook
Eli Cook

we
There's no "we"

David Jenkins
David Jenkins

Leftists do make exceptions all the time and don't care one bit about the parts of the Constitution that get in their way. See: The Second Amendment.

But what if I told you there was a part of our Constitution, which you claim to love so much, that allows us to amend and modify it?? It's called Article V. With that, we can make things constitutional that are otherwise unconstitutional. Like magic!

Like.... wait for it... a flag desecration amendment:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Desecration_Amendment

b-but Trump didn't say that.

He didn't not say it. He also didn't say he would pass a law to ban flag burning either. You made that part up in your head.

Luke Hill
Luke Hill

i've probably made a horrible mistake replying to this thread.
source?

Carson Ortiz
Carson Ortiz

free speech
literally the root of all evil

Jordan Green
Jordan Green

speech = talking
burning flag = physical action

argument BTFO

Jeremiah Jones
Jeremiah Jones

The only mistake we've made is letting faggot Redditors like you post.

Isaiah Bennett
Isaiah Bennett

"unfair media"

Ayden Wilson
Ayden Wilson

hate niggers with a burning passion
kidnap one and lock him in my basement
tie him to a stack of hay and wheel him out into the middle of a shopping mall
set him on fire
get arrested for doing so
"but but but, muh first amendment!"

Lucas Martinez
Lucas Martinez

forgetting about freedom of expression

Oliver Turner
Oliver Turner

I wake up, what do I see? The internet freaking out because Donald Trump (our new president) says that burning the flag should be illegal! Who are these people?? OF COURSE IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL! Burning the flag is the same as burning a veteran! You disgrace the flag, you disgrace our founding fathers, and every great patriot our country has seen. You are AN ENEMY OF THE STATE if you are a flag burner. And the only problem I see with what trump said is that he doesnt go far enough. It shouldn't just be illegal for an American to burn the flag, it should be illegal EVERYWHERE. Nobody in the world should be able to burn an American flag! There, I said it! If you burn a flag in Guatamala, Bangkok, Munich or Tallahassee, I don't care! America will lock you up! And then we'll see if maybe you should be burned as well! This is just the first step of making America's world great again. FLAG BURNERS MUST BE PUNISHED. It is simply not free speech!!!!!!

Cameron Rogers
Cameron Rogers

flags bought with EBT (which is against the protocol of EBT usage)

Jacob Watson
Jacob Watson

implying burning a flag is free speech

Juan Ortiz
Juan Ortiz

kek

Isaiah Green
Isaiah Green

Lighting something on fire is not speaking.

Levi Bailey
Levi Bailey

defending flag burners
kys

Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson

Hmf. I forgot about that freedom of expession part in the First Amendment OH WAIT IT ISN'T THERE

Easton Clark
Easton Clark

I'm a 3 tour OIF Veteran. The act of burning a flag is treasonous. Don't fucking do it. You can only burn a venerated symbol so long before someone comes along and plants your balls in the ground to grow another bitch.

Liam Sanchez
Liam Sanchez

Being so easily triggered

Book burning? That's bad because it destroys knowledge. Torching a neighborhood? That's someone's livelihood.

A flag?

It's a symbol. If someone can legally say "I hate America/the President/the government"... well, that's all that you are saying.

It's a hateful act, but not an illegal one. It's basically IRL shitposting to get a rise out of idiots like you.

Samuel Fisher
Samuel Fisher

Destroying a flag that you own doesn't affect anyone else except in feelings. to ban flag burning is basically a thought crime. it's one step away from not being able to burn bibles and Qurans that you own, because it offends people

Oliver Cox
Oliver Cox

burning puppets of black people on crosses in front on black homes and and shouting kill all black people people is just freedom of expression
hanging puppets of black people up on a tree on your lawn for everyone to see and shouting kill all black people people is just freedom of expression

Jonathan Hall
Jonathan Hall

What are you, some sort of libertarian?

Owen Morris
Owen Morris

Freedom of expression lol. Does that mean a faggot can run around naked in public with a dildo up his ass?

Noah Gutierrez
Noah Gutierrez

Then it needs to be done in a safe way. You need to get the fire marshal to cordon off a flag burning zone so the burning can be done safely.

There is no possible way to safely burn a flag during a protest when there are lots of people around.

Really this is just a public safety issue.

David Morris
David Morris

hates what the founding fathers wanted/fought for.

You are worse than any leftist, people like you should be hung.

Jason Perez
Jason Perez

constitutional conservatives
libertarians

All speed bumps on the road to fascism and nationalism. Fuck off.

Jonathan Bennett
Jonathan Bennett

he literally opposes free speech
That was obvious a year ago when he compromised on net neutrality for security.

Have we made a horrible mistake?
Yes.

Cameron Reed
Cameron Reed

OMG thank you. This is the opposite of the liberals who put a gag order on anyone who disagreed with them. Why would you live here and burn the symbol people have died for in order to provide the many luxuries reaped from living here. It's gross

Adrian Murphy
Adrian Murphy

Kill yourself

Zachary Lee
Zachary Lee

destruction of your own private property can land you a year in jail

You literally cant defend this

Wyatt Taylor
Wyatt Taylor

he actually thinks mentally deficient society killing libtards, niggers, muzzles, illegal immigrants, and single moms should have a voice

LONG

YEARS

Nolan Perez
Nolan Perez

In Cali, it is illegal to burn the flag or an effigy of any nation other than America. Freedom is only convient to liberals when it futhers their agenda.

Checkmate.

Gabriel Johnson
Gabriel Johnson

it's an interesting paradox
by burning the flag you are disavowing everything it represents
including the protection it grants you to express yourself by burning it

so they will destroy something but then invoke it as protection

but liberals are nothing if not hypocritical

Hunter Brown
Hunter Brown

but you have to bake a cake for fags right ?

Dylan Peterson
Dylan Peterson

People are burning flags because their candidate didn't win. The government didn't do anything super unethical because of an election. They had 8 years to change the voting laws, but they didn't.

Oliver Butler
Oliver Butler

burning a flag is reason enough to strip you of citizenship
See, this is what happens when you meme in someone like this. You can't back out and say he is wrong because you shilled so much for him for 2 years that anything that resembles dissenting opinions is seen as shilling itself.

Levi Brooks
Levi Brooks

using free speech.

Jace Lopez
Jace Lopez

It's called en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_words

IF YOU BURNING THE FLAG THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS SON!
NOT IN MY AMERICA
IT'S AN INCITE TO VIOLENCE

Henry Mitchell
Henry Mitchell

Destruction of your own property is covered by the first.
No it isn't.
How fucking stupid do you have to be to see this as equivalent?

Evan Johnson
Evan Johnson

I don see a problem. if you denounce you citizenship you can't buy a firearm. What else could burning your win country flag represent

Isaac Clark
Isaac Clark

How fucking stupid do you have to be to see this as equivalent?
How fucking stupid are you

Jaxson Morales
Jaxson Morales

How fucking stupid do you have to be
on Sup Forums

Thomas Diaz
Thomas Diaz

Have you ever looked in a dictionary what act of war means?

Caleb Jackson
Caleb Jackson

Burning the flag to show you hate your country. We would be doing them a favor

Kevin Gonzalez
Kevin Gonzalez

all our constituional writes must be protected!
making english our official language, preventing non-european immigration and upholding national symbols is unconstitutional
where did all the white people go?

The US is just an administrative unit as long as the Constitution continues being infallible.

David Thomas
David Thomas

MUH FREEDOMS

Fascism all the way.

Easton Reed
Easton Reed

I love TRUMP. You're a just a crybaby faggot with a small penis. Burn a flag and kill yourself loser.

Michael Adams
Michael Adams

Sup Forums constantly says how nazis were right
loves the death of leftists,
there was a fucking GET about some guy saying killing communists wasn't the same as killing people and got over 300 replies in praise

And yet burning a flag is an act of war because it makes them upset

Also what the fuck happened to 4chans saying "Nothing is sacred?"

Sebastian Bell
Sebastian Bell

Oh I know you love him. You love him a lot.

Jason Gutierrez
Jason Gutierrez

Nothing you listed has to be exclusive. Back to R.eddit

Jason Jackson
Jason Jackson

And opposes free press. And will shred net neutrality... It's going to be a fun 4 years.

Thomas Gonzalez
Thomas Gonzalez

What did he mean by this?

Charles Robinson
Charles Robinson

Wow nice come back. Did your wife's son come up with that one?

Jose Hernandez
Jose Hernandez

build a cross and burn it and see how that goes for you

Nicholas Morris
Nicholas Morris

What did she mean by this?

Dylan Myers
Dylan Myers

I meant he had a Reddit format post and is quoting /b/ shit from a decade ago like a redditor

Cooper Sanders
Cooper Sanders

wants to change net neutrality
the thing that helps props up Sup Forums

This is like saying the guy making your house is a genius, and defending everything he does is great even if he makes it prone to catching on fire, and even long after he's gone

Tyler Martinez
Tyler Martinez

I saw Sup Forums for like 10 minutes earlier in the day. Literally half the threads were about trump and that flag burning tweet, which was pants on the head retarded but holy shit. Glad the mods at least cleaned them up a bit.

Austin Roberts
Austin Roberts

Is Sup Forums being invaded?

Grayson Reed
Grayson Reed

You're replying to the fucking reddtior

Jackson Hall
Jackson Hall

Do you understand sarcasm?

David Fisher
David Fisher

comparing burning a piece of fabric to two planks of wood sitting in front of a house

Jack Howard
Jack Howard

What a fucking idiot

Nicholas Scott
Nicholas Scott

The military probably burns more flags each year than citizens do. I guess it's okay when they do it.

Jace Rivera
Jace Rivera

not if it's on their property, and not if you're specifically targeting, stalking, or following one family or person- that's targeted harassment

But in a public space, (not the burning one, that's a fire hazard and dangerous in a public place), or on your own property? Absolutely yes

Jose Jackson
Jose Jackson

you seem to need your citizen revoked, cuck.

get deported

YOU BURN THE FLAG
GTFO FAG
mmmuhmhumuhmuhmh frrfffreee spppechchchch

HAIL TRUMP

Isaiah Collins
Isaiah Collins

leftist logic follows all the way to isis death squads. No thanks.

Lincoln Perry
Lincoln Perry

Hahahaha spotted the redditors. You can tell because they get mad and deflect. Ps TRUMP won and you're both faggot cucks. 4 long years!!!!

Eli Davis
Eli Davis

The fact anyone thinks he's actually going to enact flag burning laws is hilarious.

Levi Fisher
Levi Fisher

Burning a Quaran is an act of war

This is how stupid you sound Amerifat.

Grayson Thomas
Grayson Thomas

Let them burn the flag . The spirit of uncle Sam himself will smite them down

Cameron Fisher
Cameron Fisher

I voted for trump, you cuck. Was just helping you against a redditor but then again it seems you're a baka desu

Jose Lee
Jose Lee

Is basically a thought crime
The left has been telling everyone you can't say that, you can't think that for the past eight years

Once they admit they've been doing it far worse I'm willing to let this all drop. In all honesty I wonder if the man did it on purpose to bring this exact point up.

Jason Nelson
Jason Nelson

I think flag burning should be covered under freedom of speech. But remember that freedom of speech is not freedom from rebuttal or consequences. A flag can mean a lot to some people. And burning it can be the ultimate insult, legally allowing them to rebut with a punch to your smug leftist face and stomping your head when you're trying to pick up your teeth.

Dominic Carter
Dominic Carter

The flag doesn't belong to you - it's not your property. It's a symbol of this nation.
It represents everything this country stands for. Millions of people have sacrificed their lives for it. By disrespecting the flag, you are disrespecting this nation and all of those that have fought and died for it. If you hate America so much that you feel obliged to burn the flag, you should revoke your citizenship and find a new country to live in.

Sebastian Reed
Sebastian Reed

Not manspreading and committing fart rape on every public transit ride?

Christian Murphy
Christian Murphy

Nice try ctr shill

Robert Phillips
Robert Phillips

Burning the American Flag wasn't protected by the First Amendment until some (((judges))) decided it was in 1989.

People need to stop acting like the Founding Fathers were some kind of left-leaning band of anarchists. They were far to the right of even the Nazis, creating a country where only rich white men could vote, the Supreme Court had no power to review laws, and the Senate wasn't even an elected office.

Daniel Edwards
Daniel Edwards

Wow at all these faggots that are getting their ovaries in a tangle over a stupid piece of cloth, so many internet tough guys in this post, do you assholes really think trump even cares about the flag that much?

Anthony Gonzalez
Anthony Gonzalez

Flags are just pieces of paper at the end of the day

Henry Gomez
Henry Gomez

Literally a fascist
Slippery slope to full on suppression of speech along with "opening up" the libel laws and interning Muslims. This is straight out the Hitler playbook folks. I am disgusted our country is turning into this!

Bentley Morgan
Bentley Morgan

you're not getting your wwIII, you faggot

Joseph Wright
Joseph Wright

Remember when Sup Forums supported free speech?

Jeremiah Torres
Jeremiah Torres

Scalia voted to protect flag burning, and Trump admired Scalia

Justin Kelly
Justin Kelly

It's a piece of cloth

Juan Nelson
Juan Nelson

Burning the flag isn't any different than spitting on the graves of thousands of good goys that died for your freedoms. It should be treated as an act of treason.

The (((Supreme Court))) can go fuck themselves and their constitutional rulings.

Jaxon Ross
Jaxon Ross

No it's not.
A piece of cloth has no meaning.
A piece of cloth doesn't represent anything.

Nathan Harris
Nathan Harris

Not an argument, you're an insecure faggot.

Charles Brooks
Charles Brooks

you got trolled

Josiah Taylor
Josiah Taylor

Burning the flag could also be a protest of the fact that it no longer represents what it's supposed to, you dumb dogmatic faggot. You would be the one to dig the mass grave and the cherry to top it off.

Jonathan Jones
Jonathan Jones

implying Killary wouldn't shit all over anyone who said "hurtful" things. Fucking cunt.

Kevin Jenkins
Kevin Jenkins

I HATE THE (((SUPREME COURT))) LET'S DEFEND THE FLAG THAT REPRESENTS IT!

cuckservatives to the very end.

Zachary Ross
Zachary Ross

no is not...arson is already illegal

Trump likes free speech as long as it's not against his opinions, just like a sjw faggot.

Jaxon Campbell
Jaxon Campbell

And you're just flesh.

That means that I can eat you?