Chance that humans are the only intelligent life in universe: basically zero

>chance that humans are the only intelligent life in universe: basically zero
>a technologically advanced civilization should have expanded throughout the milky way by now

Where is everyone?

Are christcucks right? Are we truly the only intelligent life that God created?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reported_UFO_sightings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>dont give a fuck about us
>Are watching us
>Live among us but only speak to the world leaders
>Are going to kill us
>Are actually demons

The list goes on and on

>intelligent

What you call aliumz i call cosmic morse code.

The echo off the mirror.

Eventually societies reach the point where they make anime real. At that point, galactic conquest doesn't seem that important anymore.

My first red-pill against aliens is that the concept of an "intelligent race" is entirely a human construct as well as intelligence itself.

>chance that humans are the only intelligent life in universe: basically zero
>chance that humans are the only intelligent life at this exact point in time: 99.99999%

>if they are here and haven't cured cancer or war yet, they are a bunch of douchbags and go fuck themselves

Before you speak gauge the impact of the sound of each syllable.

Harsh consonants have a tougher impact than smoother sounds.

Imagine being in a country with a foreign language, you're basically an "alien".

Though interstellar intelligent communication is a streamlined experience between the simulation and you.

>haven't found aliens yet in our local neighborhood that we know of which is a fraction of a percent compared to our entire galaxy
>Just one of innumerable galaxies in the universe
>lol aliens don't exist anywhere this I'm 100% sure of
ok
"it's like taking one cup of water from th3 ocean, not seeing a fish and saying 'obviously life doesn't exist in here'"

I'm not finished with my study but let me be perfectly clear. There are aliens on this planet and they are interacting with a few world leaders. They're sort of like the Republic from Star Wars, and they're impressed with us, but still see us as lesser. (They especially love beds and WiFi, which they've adopted) It's like a less fucked up version of White-Native American relations way back when.

Ah, the great filter

Somebody has to be first OP. Guess it's us

What makes you think you'd be able to perceive them?

Why do you assume they'd be 3 dimensional, largely humanoid creatures?

Obviously there's other intelligent life in the universe, but I wouldn't be too surprised if we were the only ones in the galaxy honestly. Just look at our own planet: millions of species and only one of them is intelligent enough to actually make buildings and stuff. Seems like quite a fluke desu

Maybe we're first

... but we haven't expanded throughout the milky way yet

The ones playing 4D chess.

At some point you're gonna realize that consciousness is largely one dimensional between a spectrum of two dimensions: space and time.

I think I posted this before?

Why the fuck would they fly across the universe to a planet full of fucking idiots?

The distances in the universe are beyond comprehension. Based on your second argument, perhaps near-lightspeed is not technologically possible even for the most technologically advanced beings. Travelling these distances even lifespans come into question, but assuming they could master near light speed travel one could assume that they had figured out how to deal with the living part. That is a depressing thought if neither had occurred.

but there is no great push, in the sciences or in popular culture, to go to space and fucking find shit. No one cares and it's infuriating.
How do we get to the stars and reach beyond earth, how do humans expand past earth?

Why do u think they haven't come or are here already?
There is evidence dating back to pre-Christian times of races of immense power interacting with humanity and it is obviously covered up, as (((science))) and (((history))) try to rewrite actual history, just as they are currently trying to remove white peoples from it
>HINT HINT: white peoples don't fit in to """out of Africa"""" nor do they fit into evilution

As the saying goes, "the truth is out there" just be careful which agenda is pushing what truth.

There is yet any life out there worth investigating.

If there was, they'd have already made and obvious attempt at letting us know they exist.

We only have blind faith at this point unless the books were accurate.

This

assuming they are extremely advanced - why would they come here?
do you go to the jungle to interfere in the life of some random ant colony?

>a technologically advanced civilization should have expanded throughout the milky way by now
Why? For all we know humans could be the first. Someone has to be first, and magical intergalactic ayylmaos haven't swooped down to enlighten or enslave us yet.

how is it so inconceivable that we might be the most advanced civilization?

as possible as it that an older, more advanced civilization exists, we must also remember that it is equally likely that WE are the oldest and most advanced civilization. there has to be a first, and it might be us.

I want some of your koolaid.

People research those ants and other creatures. How did we become slightly advanced? Research.

>Implying the universe actually exists
>Implying we actually exist
>Implying we aren't just a simulation

>believing we are the only intelligent life
>redpilled
Get real

>If there was, they'd have already made and obvious attempt at letting us know they exist.

thats assuming they all haven't followed the doctrine of not making yourself known in a dark alleyway.

we should assume that any sufficiently advanced civilization is just as paranoid and wary of conflict as we are.

By all accounts the universe is still young. There are proposed life stages of stars that haven't actually been observed yet because every single star we've seen has been too young.

but there is strong evidence of life on mars (microbial) and there is water there and on the moon.
That is 100% worth investigating as it is a single celled organism outside of earth. Besides that, we cannot exist just as a race on one planet or one solar system as it invites disaster and our extinction.
Compared to other stupid shit, establishing a basic colony on the moon is damn cheap.

Already came to terms with that when I died.

Space/time was shown to me as a singular, paradoxical dimension. Interdependent like everything else.

I am a Christian and I believe life exists throughout the universe. Jesus said 'There are sheep of other folds, them I must bring also'.
Wherever life exists in the universe, it consists of the same stuff as life does here. Life is life. The Father made it that way.

If they were advanced enough to initiate a communication, they'd be advanced enough to defend themselves from return fire.

Should we assume that all attempts at interstellar communication be deemed as a threat at first? Or how would we differentiate a friendly signal from an enemy one?

>aliens come to USA
>everyone panicking
>liberals laughing with glee
>aliens turn out to be hardcore Catholics
>begin rounding up muslims, atheists, jews and protestants for slaughter
>everyone converts to catholicism in massive world baptisms
>aliens begin inquisition style purge to weed out fake catholics

LET IT BE LORD

Humans. Intelligent.
> pick one
[anomaly] :æˈnɒm(ə)li : الله ملاك العلم يأتي الآن

We could be the first ones. The universe is something like 13 billion years and stars like our sun last for about 10 billion years so it's possible we're in one of the first systems with enough heavy elements to support advanced life like our own.

>>Are going to kill us
>>Are actually demons

This is why no intelligent civilization will contact us. People would lose their shit, call them demons, djinn, the devil and attack them because all the religious nutters worldwide would lose their shit because it contradicts their doctrine

Do you realize how much more exponentially difficult space travel can get? We haven't even found the means to land men on Mars yet.

Now think of the universe in its mind bogglingly large expanse. So, maybe somewhere a "civilization" or species achieved greater advancement than us, they're still probably stuck in their solar system or galaxy or some shit.

Don't get me wrong, we can definitely make some serious progress with space research mining resources.

Like one of those russian doll thingies except each one is a universe and infinite inwardly and outwardly. That's space.

Time kind of exists like a tree.

That is my opinion and I could be wrong.

Not if they developed technology long before we did. Look at how short a pierod of time it has been that we have developed so much and how fast that development is accelerating

I think that any actual received communication from an alien race should be met with peace, as any alien intelligence that is able to signal to us is obviously very more advanced than we are. It would be foolish to respond with hostility. That being said, I don't really know if there would be a way to differentiate between a hostile or friendly signal unless they somehow communicated in a language that we could understand. Binary would be a safe bet. Any signal from an alien intelligence should be met with as much wariness that we as a human race can muster.

Or maybe intelligence evolves at a rate similar to the expansion of the universe such that only intelligences within a certain level of closeness (and being somewhat equal) interact with each other.

An intelligence old enough to spread throughout it's own galaxy for example would probably be nearer to an intelligence already able to expand in it's own galaxy rather than one that hasn't even left it's solar system. I mean, intelligence here on Earth sort of seems predictable from an evolutionary standpoint so it's not far fetched that there is an evolution of intelligence happening in the universe that follows similar rules that we have yet to experience for ourselves.

13.7 billion years ago we believe the universe came into being

13.2 billion years ago galaxies started forming

4.5 billion years ago our solar system started

3.8 billion years ago, life began.

what we would call intelligent life began on earth about 250,000 years ago

why aren't you asking where the rest of intelligent life on earth is? we have to consider the possibility that humanity is on the quicker end of the evolutionary spectrum, and that means we might be the oldest civilization in the universe.

Space is a big cunt and the speed of the light is a bitch

When you pick up an ant and look at it, does the ant realize it's being observed by a relatively "super intelligent" species? There's no guarantee we'd even realize we'd be visited by a hyper intelligent species unless they wanted us to realize it. Maybe ancient aliens stopped by and never came back. Quite possibly a hyper-intelligent species have reached a singularity and transcended the need to exist in "normal" space. Or maybe UFOs are real. Super massive craft that flew over Arizona sure as shit wasn't a US military craft.

there is alien life but they are letting us do our own thing until they decide we're ready for contact

>Like one of those russian doll thingies except each one is a universe and infinite inwardly and outwardly.

That's more the dimensions themselves. It's the perspective that gives you definition. Both, confined to a point and yet infinitely expanding.

probably easier to pilfer our gold from under our noses without us being aware of them doing it

This, your society's going to get to a point where it has to choose a perfect virtual world or the challenges of the real world.

I for one choose the anime matrix, fuck the real world.

>If they were advanced enough to initiate a communication, they'd be advanced enough to defend themselves from return fire.

any communication we'd be able to pick up, another civilization would also be able to hear. it begs the question of are humans really worth risking giving away one's position?

>muh advanced technology

Kind of hard to explore a universe that takes light billions of years to travel across when it's impossible to travel faster than it

>technologically advanced
they are physiologically more advanced and beyond your limited perception

>when it's impossible to travel faster than it

False, light speed isn't the cap. Lasers fired into an active EMDrive exceed the speed of light.

>beds and WiFi
Really nigger?

You're going to tell me that space coons haven't thought of wireless communications or putting some soft material down to lay on?

Put some effort into your /x/ shit.

>>a technologically advanced civilization should have expanded throughout the milky way by now

citation needed

A signal in and of itself can't be hostile but it can communicate hostile-esque intentions. The language could be a mixture of music and binary.

If the fact that humans are the most advanced species in our known universe, than we have to question how it is we got to that point.

I see universes able to be nested in one another that there is really no physical restraint to an individual universe meshing with other universe belonging to separate individuals.

I find the prospects of what civilization on earth will look like in 100,000 years much more interesting desu

Why are the so many alien threads on Sup Forums, lately?
Are we being invaded?

A civilization capable of interstellar travel would be completely impervious to any attack we could muster.

If they exist and are refusing to contact us, all they're doing is giving us more time to get the idea of galactic manifest destiny into our heads.

There is actually quite a good chance that humans are the most intelligent beings in the universe.

The conditions on Earth were basically perfect for an extremely speedy evolution of intelligent life. There were many factors that came together for us to exist. We may count ourselves as extraordinarily lucky. Even if there are other planets with life on them, it is not probable that they have evolved anywhere near to where humans are yet.

Exactly if they are here they are obviously enemies because they let the most evil rule the world.

If they intervene, they're evil.

If they don't intervene, they're evil.

What do you people want?

Haven't you read Hithickers guide to the Galaxy? That's a true story

To be shown

>If the fact that humans are the most advanced species in our known universe, than we have to question how it is we got to that point.

the question is largely irrelevant. it would have to be asked of whoever happened to be the most advanced/oldest civilization and the answer would be the same; pure happenstance.

the odds of winning the lottery are astronomically low, yet someone always wins.

Unless therefore.

This. If there was aliens advanced enough to reach us they would have technology that we could not even imagine. They could alter space and time and we wouldn't have a clue. They would most likely be in a form that we have no idea about. Why would anyone think that aliens would travel using spacecrafts?

>implying they aren't demons in disguise
I find it remarkable how Aliens don't react to Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. They only react to Christianity and the name Jesus. Although, I've only read stories coming from Christians, I haven't found any other stories from other religions. What exactly are they scared of? Is it the spiritual energy that comes from these names?

We have to look back at God saying "Let us man man in OUR image". Who is 'us'? People say it's the Trinity, people say He's talking to His angels, and other people say He's talking to other Gods. In my opinion, he's definitely talking to His angels that are obviously both male and female.

Now Alien races look completely different to us, if they disappear when the name 'Jesus' is called, then they definitely know who the ruler of the universe is, and Aliens are the rebels/pirates trying to taunt/mess with God's creation.

Just my 2 cents tbqh

that's not good.

When's the highway coming through here?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reported_UFO_sightings

They have already been here. I can't believe all those events can be explained by mental illness, swamp gas, f-117's etc.

Specially interesting incidents are 1990 belgian ufo wave and 1980 Rendlesham Forest incident, both with numerous eye witnesses and other evidence.

Because of pic related

One of the things we have going for us is that we're out in the boondocks and a neutron star probably wacked a lot of the systems around here a while back, so so this might be assumed to be a dead zone. And we're damn lucky we haven't met up with aliens warping through the universe screaming alla akbar! I mean there's no guarantee they are going to be civil from our perspective. War of the world shit is much more likely.

And this:
chance that humans are the only intelligent life at this exact point in time: 99.99999%

And this:
What makes you think you'd be able to perceive them? Why do you assume they'd be 3 dimensional, largely humanoid creatures?

And this:
if they are here and haven't cured cancer or war yet, they are a bunch of douchbags and go fuck themselves

Lots of possibilities, as people have listed. The Great Filter where a culture nukes/nanotech/vegetates to irrelevance is a strong possibility. Another is that radio waves don't propagate nearly as far as we'd like unless carefully tuned for discovery.
There's also the concept of Zoo Earth which seems increasingly likely. They are here, watching and keeping us nuclear apes under control.

We would be as smart to them as monkeys are to us-- at best.

What do we do with monkeys? We leave them alone. Or worse, we cage them in a zoo, for our entertainment and medical research. Interpret that as you will.

>implying FTL is even possible
>implying a civilization didnt expand through the milkyway and die off while the dinosaurs were still young
>implying intelligent species would have any need to expand off their home planet when they could easily live in harmony with nature in a paradise of their making.

>Are christcucks right? Are we truly the only intelligent life that God created?

No where does the bible claim this. It claims quite the opposite, the human race is a bunch of psychopaths.

>implying intelligent beings would want to come here.

Picture in your mind a shitty trailer park.
Picture in your mind the worst trailer in the park.
Picture a fat alcoholic dad and druggie mom with 12 dirty kids living in that trailer.

WELCOME HOME

>We are the silent planet no one goes near cause its diseased and crazy.

>Implying we weren't created by an alien civilization billions of years more advanced than us.
they probably look at us like we look at ants or bees.

Well then lets steal rare minerals from every other celestial body besides our home planet, Earth.

That will make us an advanced species regardless of tinfoil aliens.

This.

Inner space has all the good shit. If you can design brains then you can literally experience anything you like. What has the galaxy got going on in it? Rocks and gas and loads and loads of boring space.

The world outside the brain is only useful as a resource to gather more materials to build bigger, more complex brains. Exploring is a dumb human concept.

>steal rare minerals

>still leaving in the metal age...

earth plebs

There are multitudes of reasons why we haven't contacted aliens yet.

The universe is a fucking big place, like unimaginable big, and our observations of it are shrinking due to expansion that galaxies at the edge of our vision are redshifted into oblivion. Considering that radio waves become white noise beyond our sun's heliosphere, we won't be listening in on ayy lmao soap operas on our radios.

How can we tell if a non-human signal from space isn't a cry for help?

Even more interesting; how do we know our species only exists on this planet?

Opens the question if there are humanoid aliens already here, disguised as humans playing a divine roll in intervention behind the scenes.

10 planets, they are all shit, we evolve this way because we could, imagine being a bacteria in a shitty planet where only the most primitive beings can survive.

We can't. Not is there a language barrier, but we have no idea how alien brain chemistry work or if the even perceive the universe the same way as we do. The whole "lets use math to communicate" is bullshit too because human mathematics is a human construct to better explain and understand the universe as how we perceive it. We're still debating on whether dogs can see color or not here on Earth, what makes people thing aliens who could live and evolve on entirely different chemistry could be any easier to understand?

Well then its settled.

We gotta launch a billion time capsules filled with culture to a billion different locations.

We could consolidate and just send them to planets that have the highest chance of being able to interpret what we send.

Something about the goldylox zone?

We'd have to have faith in our own abilities to comprehend each other of different backgrounds before we have faith in an alien species deconstructing our nature.

>We are the silent planet no one goes near cause its diseased and crazy.
You underestimate the power of Kek. They're scared of meme magic.

Thread reminds me of Greg Egan's 'Diaspora' for some reason

The worst thing an alien can do is broadcast its presence to other aliens. Because of how easy it is for a space fairing civilization accelerate an object to near light speed vs how hard it is to stop one.

What if we're the first ones? The Precursors?

>advanced enough to defend themselves from return fire.

Assumptions inside more assumptions. They might be space whales, or never have invented war or a million other possibilities. Just because they can travel or generate radio or laser signals doesn't mean anything else. It especially doesn't mean they can defend against fractional c weapons.

> Vastly Underestimating Interstellar Distances: The Thread

Y'all muhfuggas need arithmetic

>EM drive

>This guy
Even if you traveled 4x the speed of light. Shit is still light years away.