"we support free speech but not when you burn the flag as a form of protest"

"we support free speech but not when you burn the flag as a form of protest"

if you let this thread get over 100 replies, you will have failed me Sup Forums

i support burning degenerates, not flags.

Simple, because if you have a problem and resort to burning the flag, you can fuck off to a "better" country you don't have a problem with, like Syria.

He's baiting you retards into advocating flag burning.
Notice words like "should" or "perhaps."
Very non-committal.

the flag represent the country not the goverment

But is it not free speech? I can say "Wow amerikka is such shit lol!" and burn the flag and under the constitution I am protected by freedom of speech.

Do you really think Trump puts that much deep level thought into his tweets?

At least right-wingers aren't rioting over something they strongly disagree with.

>implying most of the people who burn flags even possess citizenship or the right to do this

If you hate the country so much you shouldn't be here anyway, your freedom of expression only extends so far to the point where you can be committing treason against your nation. You're inciting sedition.

Bumping

>lefties does it everytime
>righties decide to give do the same for once
>"LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL YOU GAYS ARE SOCH HIPROCRATE S LOL LEL KEK LMAO

It's happening isn't it?

Don't doubt the 4D chess.

I bet any commie cuck claims he's got the right to free speech right after he claims that its acceptable to harm police officers. When you begin to threaten other peoples right to freedom you put yours in jeopardy.

>Wanting to burn the symbol of American democracy is free speech
No, it shows you have no respect for American democracy, thus, you take advantage of the rights only when its advantageous for you and you don't care if you silence the rights of others. You might as well leave if you hate American democracy so much.

I have no problem with what is in the picture.

Flag burning commies should be deported to Somalia.

"Should" is non-commital? For example: the world should be a nicer place but it isn't.

"If you hate the country so much you shouldn't even be here anyways"

Its not fucking treason to not like the country you live in.

treason is defined as "the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government"

So lets say, Hillary became president, and I say "I hate the way America has become wow sjws rule this place and fuck it up for everyone" does that mean I have to leave the USA and fuck off to somewhere else because I am committing treason?

Very simple, because you don't burn a flag by yelling at it, you have to ignite it: therefore flag burning is not related to the act of speaking, therefore it is not related to speech or the freedom thereof ... and therefore you can fuck off to a country you don't have a problem with. :^)

But instead of actually doing something productive, they'd rather just burn shit and whine.

You don't even live in the states - you penguin fucking troglodyte

Wow, someone with a functioning brain

yes. committal would be "it WILL be a better place"

What I don't understand about people who get angry over flag burning is that what's actually being burned is just a piece of cloth, usually a super cheap piece of shitty cloth.

The flag becomes powerful when you respect it, display and store it correctly, and from the ritual involved with the entire process of flying it. I would never burn a flag, but at the same time, I would never get angry at some idiot destroying their own property. Fuck 'em if they're dumb enough to wreck their own shit, it'll never destroy what the flag stands for because the respect I have for it is in my heart.

>burning a flag is free speech

>American democracy
We don't live in a democracy, dumbass, we live in a Constitutional Republic.

> you take advantage of the rights only when its advantageous for you and you don't care if you silence the rights of others.

Burning the flag doesn't silence anyone. Stop being stupid.

>"You see it's free speech, we get that, you can say anything to anyone, the only time it's not free speech is when it affects me, or I don't agree with it."
>"The alt-right is true Freedom, you just can't have any of these freedoms if your not like me."

Sup Forums in 2 fucking quotes.

b-b-but I just wanted to say nice digits. Fuck this thread

>saged

Did he say "no one will burn the flag," or "no one should?"
It's a fucking tweet, not official legislation.

It's an act of sedition, which is punishable by jailtime.

I want to start burning flags just because everyone is being such a butthurt little bitch about it

I actually think it should be allowed but Ok

The American Democracy gives you the right to hate American Democracy. You are literally speaking of Communism but, your IQ is too low to see it.

What would happen if you burnt a gay pride flag?

I don't. I like Trump. I just love Ron Paul a lot too.

The flag is not the symbol of free speech, its the symbol of the nation that supports it. America is not a democracy either, it is a Republic.
That said, freedom of speech is not a symbol, it is a principle upheld in the bill of rights. The flag by definition is not the bill of rights, it only represents the country that has the bill of rights included in its governing document.

It you burnt a copy of the bill of rights you would be directly going against the principle of free speech. Burning the flag does not.

Harming police violates the NAP.

So you are against a guiding document of the Constitution? Fucking retard. I thought conservatives dont want government in their lives and thoughts

Progressives are flawed because they think that their rights come from government, not natural law. They also like group think and think that the best way to protest the administrative state which Woodrow Wilson created is to whine against it rather than commit to political action.

That said, I support peoples rights to be fucking idiots and whine.

>yes. committal would be "it WILL be a better place"
By posting "The world should be a nicer place. . ." I commit to an ideology of a nice world just like Trump commits to an ideology where flag burning isn't a form of protected speech.

Kekked

The words of the President, and the President-elect, do not carry the force of law? I guess we can just ignore executive orders because those are just words.

FUCKING
THIS

Thank you based Ausbro

>"we support the right to free speech, you can't fly the confederate flag, though, that's hate speech!"

Suck my fucking dick you opportunistic pinko commie.
The constitution doesn't apply to your kind.

This. If you believe in private property, which the founders did, than you should support people doing whatever they want to their property. If some idiot goes and buys a car and promptly smashes it because they are against the auto industry, he is stupid but hell if I care.

Sedition is defined as conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

I don't think by burning a flag you are telling people to take up arms and rebel against the government. Also government as it is, is way to big. If I say "I want to get rid of the EPA" that could be seen as a act of sedition in your eyes because I am going directly against the government for the reason of getting rid of a component of it.

People would call you bad names and thats about it.

the people burning flags use underhanded tactics to destroy the bill of rights. it's not free speech. it's quite literally an attack on the republic. they would see the bill of rights destroyed. these annoying faggot fucking cuckservatives need to shut the fuck up with the moral high ground bullshit. the leftist cancer are rats and must be dealt with quickly. you think when whites drop below 50% the subhuman trash is going to care about our rights? LOL. cuckservative traitors just go back to your fucking cuck shed

Protesting is and always will be looked down upon. It does not matter how you do it, no matter how disruptive it is, whether it is peaceful or not, people will look down upon it.

Crying about burned flags is pretty pathetic though. You buy a dozen of them at Wal-Mart for $3.99. They might be symbolic, but they're also mass produced in China.

I support the right to fly the confederate flag, granted if you live in a Union state it is literally stupid to fly it because it means jack shit and you are a poseur to the actual heritage of the South.

That said, why are you operating under the "well they did this thing on the left why don't we follow the left's example and do it on the right with a different object"

Thats stupid, your playing into the same progressive concept as you railed against when talking about the Confederate flag. You are either for or against free speech for everyone across the board. End of story

Complete mental retardation. Scalia accepted flag burning as part of first amendment speech/protest. Trump just once again exposing that he knows about as much about our government, liberty and the constitution as a fucking 12 year old.

THEY CANT DO THAT THIS IS HATE SPEECH REEEEE DELETE THIS

>Underhanded tactics to destroy the bill of rights

The flag does not directly represent the bill of rights nor does it represent an attack on the republic when you are destroying your own property.

Why is the alt-right so vehemently against the founding principles of America?

You are granted the right to life, liberty, and property and government exists for the protection of all three of those. Nothing more, nothing less.
You are violating a core principle of that doctrine by imposing your moral high ground so to speak on people who burn the flag and you seem to have a weak understanding as to what the bill of rights is.

Pretty sure nobody would do that. They'd probably think the people burning it were idiots, just the same way I think people who burn the U.S. flag are idiots; but that all has absolutely nothing to do with their inalienable rights granted by the U.S. constitution under the first amendment to do so. The U.S. supreme court, including Scalia agree. So there you go. Threatening jail over a thing like that, is completely absurd.

ideologies are not committal. theyre just ideas and opinions. there's no guarantee of acting on them, i.e. committing. not until you say you WILL do commit to them, and not just you think they look nice

>An "action" is a "speech"
>Turning against your country while they're maintaining your ass is supposed to be a good thing
Kill yourself

Hate speech is a stupid concept that can be flipped around depending on who is in power. Progressive ideas that the alt-right and Trump both play into be default will be the death of America. Not a bunch of college kids calling for safe spaces.

In this thread: Libertarians and actual members of the right blow out the alt-right and Trump dick suckers

Cognitive dissonance. They need to support Trump and their vote because they are so intellectually stunted about everything they claim to understand about the country and feel inadequate whenever challenged with reason. They are emotional people, no better than SJWs or BLM niggers who hoot and holler based completely upon their feelings. Pathetic scum and tyrants.

Because might equals right and we're the strong ones now so fucking deal with it, piss ant.

Checks and balances, m8.
Just because Trump has a personal opinion, a patriotic one at that, doesn't mean it will manifest as legislature. Correlation is does not imply causation or whatever.

>burning the flag is a protest
Sure seems archaic, must be a shit skin

It's the idea that people want is what triggers me, GET OUT NOW REEEE

>leftypol
>tripfag

it's unreal how you think you're going to accomplish anything here. you're likely a 15 year fuck head kid trying to convince people more than twice your age. it. won't. work. you still mistakenly believe Sup Forums is the alt right which shows how little you understand this place

The Supreme Court did vote that flag burning was constitutionally protected, and yes Scalia voted that way, but it was a 5-4 vote. This is a relatively tame position for Trump. I'm surprised he didn't say flag burners should be drawn and quartered.

>ideologies are not committal.
U wut m8? Do you even understand what the word "ideology" means?
Ideology:
>n. The body of ideas reflecting the social needs and aspirations of an individual, group, class, or culture.
>n. A set of doctrines or beliefs that form the basis of a political, economic, or other system.
You might as well claim presenting any idea is not committal like everything we say in the English language has no shared meaning.

Patriotism is defending the first amendment and the protection from being jailed for burning cloth. Want to be punished for flag desecration? Try Iran and Venezuela.

If I, someone who absolutely loves my country and is proud to be from the U.S., took my flag outside right now and burned it because I was utilizing my right to free speech, would you still think it was an act of sedition?

I doubt it, and if you did I would consider you someone who is a threat to the freedoms people have died for us to have.

The system only maintains corporations.

thats a rather narrow view of ideologies, user.

>Checks and balances, m8.
I do not understand what you are trying to say here. First you confuse the words of the President (or the Executive branch) as "not official legislation" as if the Executive branch presents legislation of any kind now you seem to imply separation of powers has anything to do with what I stated.

Leftists only support the rights this nation bestows upon them when they can use those rights to help dismantle this nation.

We need safe spaces and government enforced speech and opinion regulations, using the wrong pronoun should get you fined for thousands of dollars, challenging popular opinion on college campuses should get you expelled, the 1st amendment and your rights are second to safety and personal feelings.

UNTIL we decide to use the 1st amendment purely to sabotage the nation from the inside, then it's okay. Same thing with the 2nd amendment. Whine and moan about how guns are bad and how no one should be able to have a gun - then when you lose an election cry out for violence and tell everyone to arm themselves.

Getting offended over somebody burning an American flag is so pathetic, such a display of pettiness that it rivals ANYTHING that SJWs and BLM gets triggered over. Have some self respect.

"I stubbornly refuse to acknowledge points, and ask others to not do what I in fact just did."

shut the fuck up gay as commie

I am confused. Are you trying to re-write the common usage of a word in the English language or criticizing me as having "a narrow view" for not allowing you to re-write the definition of the word to fit your conclusion?

I mean, what exactly is the message you are trying to convey here?

>Sup Forums
>alt-right
Sup Forums doesn't even know what Sup Forums is. one week it's natsoc, next week ancap, next week classical liberal, next week alt-right, next week crypto jews, next week fascist, etc.

Burning a flag at a protest is starting a public fire, which is illegal anyways.
If you do it in private, who would be able to prosecute you?

Regardless, I'm saying he isn't going to do jack shit, so I don't understand your argument.

>People would call you bad names and thats about it.

You're a fucking loon if you believe this is all that would happen.

finna burn a flag brudders

You know, it was the left that first had this mindset. How does it feel to be a leftist and progressive?

"I am against limited government except for when we take power because we are better than everyone else"

Pathetic...

I'm literally a Conservative who supports Trump. It does not mean I want to get down and give him a BJ every single time he opens his mouth.

I support the principles of the Constitution, the ideas of the founding, and the right to life, liberty and property. You must be a idiot to not see this.

Keep playing into progressive ideas. It will be the death of America. Not burning the flag

wat about this flag? is it cool to have this? can i have my free rights please?

>"I am against limited government except for when we take power because we are better than everyone else"

That's right, deal with it.

The very fact, that he posted something so absurd on Twitter, whether he is actually going to do something or not is one of many red flags that he doesn't understand the constitution, constitutional law, respect the U.S. Supreme court's decision and is a petty, emotional baby who knows about as much about our government as a 13 year old. I'll leave it at that.

If the only thing you got out of that person's statement is that you need to protect Sup Forums's reputation, you need to work on your reading comprehension. You refuted literally the lowest hanging fruit in that entire argument.

Sup Forums doesn't need you to stand up for it, it can handle everything by itself. Leave the free market alone.

You would have a bunch of SJWs dox you and say how bad you are on Facebook and Twitter.

Now THATS what I call freedom

At what point does burning an American flag while a crowd of people cheer and shout "death to America" and "Fuck America" stop being totally okay to you and start becoming a call for treason?

Because "Fuck America" is merely an opinionated statement. "Death to America" is a call to action, and calls to action are not extended the same protections as simple opinions.

sorry

This.

Straw man.

The same thing that happens when Klanfags burn crosses.
Fucking Nothing.
(unless you burn it on someone else's property. Than property laws are enforced. Which is FUCKING FINE THANK YOU)

And yet never leftist.

Actually, I have the same mindset Scalia has about this. It's petty, stupid rubes who thinks bravado and patriotism makes them a real American, and these people are the worst offenders of being ignorant about everything this country was founded upon. The founding fathers are puking violently in their graves at the thought we elected a president who is threatening jail for flag burning. Sounds like any authoritarian backwards shit hole, not America. Sorry.

>people violate my rights and personal safety because they don't like my opinion

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

>PAN NICE AND HOT

and yet we all believe

Jesus fuck, don't put the "Don't tread on me" flag over the confederate flag because the confederates had a stupid, distorted view on the bill of rights literally stemming from the concept that man is made to be governed and even under a horrible and oppressive government man would be better off than living in the state of nature.

NOT LIBERTY
GTFO

but I support your right to have the flag regardless

OK, kindly brush up on the founding documents please. They prevent people like you from gaining power because that is literally hypocritical as shit.

I promise you if you burn a gay pride flag you'll be shamed on social media but that is it.

MEMES NICE AND STALE

What if I rape your mother as a form of protest?

Victimless Crimes should not be Crimes
your feelings do not make you a victim

end

of

story

thank you thank you this. So many dumb assholes on this board.

If someone did this it would support liberal narrative that Trump's election is giving rise to hate crimes. Someone should do that tomorrow and cuck all the libs today saying flag burning is free speech.

Well I guess they didn't prevent it that well, suck a cock cuckservative piece of shit.

> every flag you burn, we burn a cross

Free speech, man

that actually involves harming someone. No one is harmed by burning a flag.

>then when you lose an election cry out for violence and tell everyone to arm themselves.

Sounds like you're saying "that's our thing! you can't do that!" A large portion of the right has been doing that for decades or longer, constantly advocating for the stockpiling of arms and ammunition. The left is just catching up now that they've seen something that's scared them enough to actually want to arm themselves.

No offense, but you're doing exactly what you're arguing against, whining like a fucking child.

You'll be.

If you said "Death To America" you literally have to commit an action to go through with destroying it. Standing on the street and being a cunt won't do anything and people will think you are just stupid.

What ever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"?

I love you. We need a /liberty/ general here for people who know what the founding is based around

This.

Didint you guys LITERALLY do the same with Pizzagate based off of shotty info?

The alt-right are the SJWs of the right.

They need the government to protect them from triggering actions. Kind of embarrassing really.

So it's the same shit as pretty much everything he's done so far? The guy has heated opinions and is inexperienced, I don't think that's really up for debate.

Doesn't mean I can't give him the benefit of the doubt and figure he'll listen to the people in his administration when it really matters.
I'm saying it's just a tweet bro.

"Your rights end where my feelings begin"