Is the responsible use of ethenogens, like psychoactive mushrooms, degenerate?

Is the responsible use of ethenogens, like psychoactive mushrooms, degenerate?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston
youtube.com/watch?v=gbIXBpUujBQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_smoke_enema
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

Is the responsible use of self-amputation degenerate.

I love how people think their vice of choice is unassailable if they put "responsible" in front of it.

"Responsible" hunting
"Responsible" whoring around
"Responsible" recreational drug use

Stop abusing the English language like this.

Duh.

de·gen·er·ate
ADJECTIVE

having lost the physical, mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline:
"a degenerate form of a higher civilization"
synonyms: debased · degraded · corrupt · impure · vitiated

It's not as degenerate as going to Sup Forums.

You honestly think drug use is the same as amputation? You only have one life, why wouldn't you want to explore your own consciousness?

Yes goy, shovel coffee down your throat, get to work. Then consume alcohol to forget your shitty life.

What about "responsible" exercise? Swimming is very healthy but an idiot can tire himself out and drown. Is swimming degenerate?

oh look, the untermensch.

Of course not

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston
Responsible self-amputation

Literally, every person I've ever known that loves shrooms was a hippy cuck faggot that gave more interest to getting high than anything else in life.

Degeneracy is in the eye of the beholder

Now fuck off and eat some shrooms. Seriously, your thread(s) is/are shit

Could you explain why it isn't?

>my anecdotal experience with a few people proves that it makes you a degenerate.
You're degenerate by how retarded you seem.

I'd take hanging out with one of those "hippies" over some bitter, overly judgemental faggot.

oh dear, looks like you've already been dabbling, haven't you?

exercise isn't degenerate. irresponsible exercise is.

i dont expect you to understand why what you posted is wrong, drugs permanently damage cognitive reasoning abilities.

Yes, because I'm edgy and anything part of pop culture is automatically degenerate and I cant use my reason to discern what the good and bad aspects are. My identity is basically based off of the moral high of automatically reverting to shouting degeneracy at anything popular prior to analyzing it logically. Gas the stoners!!

theres no responsible use.

>defending hippy cucks
>not triggered
>Canada

Why am I not surprised.

Loser.

Leaf.

Hey, now YOU'RE the judgmental faggot.

Really makes your wagons circle.

Wut.

The legitimacy of shrooms is determined completely by character of the user.

The redpilled protagonists of the world will experience divinity and return to their lives with renewed purpose and motivation.

The degenerate NPCs will see a lot of colors and have a good laugh.

Hitler experimented with psychedelics. Look it up.

Yes I have. Last winter I had mushroom tea and cleaned my room. This winter I'd like to take some mushroom honey on a hike with me through the snow.
I understand what you're saying. Exercise is good. Being irresponsible is bad, and makes exercise bad. Drugs are bad. Doing drugs responsibly doesn't make them good.
I just don't understand why ritual use of ethenogens is bad. It is capable of bringing people back from the brink of suicide, and can improve the quality of life for many people. Why would our ancestors practice shamanistic rituals with ethenogens if they were always bad?

It allows you to be more introspective and solve personal problems better.
You'll find that when LSD was legal there were plenty of people in the scientific field who used it to solve physics or engineering problems.
Shrooms/psilocybin are also being trialed to help terminally ill people cope with end-of-life anxiety.

No. I believe they are our last chance to save humanity. How this is done though with how huge the population is now, I have no idea . They put you into contact with an all informing voice, aka the Logos which Plato and many others have spoken of.

Just sick of people here whining about "le degeneracy" with nothing more than an anecdotal experience to back it up. Insecure betas the lot of you, never think for yourselves and just come to this board to seek approval from other loser social outcasts.

>all these psychedelic memes

You gonna tell us to eat oranges to potentiate your high too? Or was it mangos?

This.

Sticking around in a situation that apparently makes you sick makes you some kind of sadist, doesn't it? I'm not about to get lectured by a deviant.

No, it's been found to be an effective treatment for depression. Honestly they're pretty great, just stick to doing them very very infrequently

>drugs

Be more specific, are you saying all drugs? So ketamine and cannabis are no different from each other?

>permanently damage cognitive reasoning abilities.

Source? Yeh didn't think so

youtube.com/watch?v=gbIXBpUujBQ

here's an argument against legalizing psychedelics

tell me of some specific instances where personal problems of the logical variety were solved by logos during a shroom trip. be specific about the logic it bestowed you.

I'd cover up if I were you, your autism is showing.

>"Responsible" hunting

>Idiots in charge of understanding what a bag limit is and firearm safety rules like not shooting at a target you can't see

Just gotta make sure that everyone on Sup Forums knows how fucking ignorant a turd you are.

wtf go to church u degenerate and pray your depression away. d-deus vult xD

Fuck no!

You're just saying shit that dirty festival kids tell to anyone who makes eye contact.

>drugs permanently damage cognitive reasoning abilities

DEAIDF plz go

Not if used responsibly, like once every few months or less.

Shrooms are the only effective treatment for many people suffering from cluster headaches (Thought to be the most painful thing a human being can experience, giving them the nickname of "suicide headache"). Would you say that occasionally eating a couple shrooms to stave off something so painful is really degenerate? How could preventing them from doing so be even remotely considered humane?

Get a load of this nig.
How blue pilled can you get?

Rly made me thought

Where can I get these?

>tfw indulged in more drugs than you can handle in my younger years, bump somehow pulled out a successful advertising business.

Sucks to suck boring fags

>Eye contact
No doubt when someone makes eye contact with you you scream "reeeeeeee" and start smearing shit on the walls.

But*

Dont forget to smoke and watch TV. Current Yearman's devastating critique of Drumpf (xD) is the funniest thing 'round these parts.

Liberal-consumeristVille is the best.

Also if you want to be healthy, drink an overpriced "detoxifying" smoothie made of cheap vegetables and orange juice.

I think the consensus here is that pyschedelic drugs wont fix you but they may help to allow you to ciew things from a different perspective and in doing so see exactly what your problems are

>has job in construction
>also degree in sociology
>take courses in philosophy etc for interest
>goes to gym
>plays sports
>owns car/house
>plays instruments (cello,guitar and violin)
>24
>thoroughly enjoys heading bush every few weeks for a weekend of weed and mushrooms
>consider it time for escape/personal reflection/just kicking back and having a giggle
>thoroughly enjoys

The quickest way to get redpilled is to do mushrooms and watch loose change bro.

"barknet warket"

Your not convincing me m8

I agree. Based Ancients used drugs to gain insights into the world, and so should we.

Do they do that over in the UK?

I haven't taken mushrooms for a long long time but cannabis had the same effect on me, only much milder.

Also it's very hard to put the experience into English words and it is very personal too. Cannabis forces self reflection onto me whether I like it or not. It's helped me identify problems in relationships (family members and gfs) and things about myself that I would never have thought if I was sober. I can be very painful too to face these things, that's why people get anxiety from weed and why LSD was so effective for alcoholics, because it showed them what they were doing to themselves.

>Marcus Auerlius was an heroin addict
I didn't need to know that :(

Yes, as long as you're with the right people and don't buy into the new-age hippie bullshit.

>Step 1

Take large dose of psychoactive mushrooms

>Step 2

Practice kundalini meditation alone in a dark place. For full effect, be first time drug user and first time meditator.

>Step 3

You will probably have drug-induced psychosis now and no longer have to worry about the sad state of the world.

Thank me later goys

Note: may cause suicidal thoughts or actions

the only consensus in this thread is that you're a fag

So what do you for fun, relaxation and/or introspection?

Browse Sup Forums, degenerate imageboard par excellence, all day?

What is least degenerate method of drug use?

toad licking

No, we aren't a society of holier than thou retards over here.

Also saying that something is degenerate means the burden of proof lies on you.

It's not your fault though, you were born into a nation where nearly 8 out of 10 people believe in angels.

I was talking about the "sociology degree and Philosophy course bit". Everything else is spot on and I'm sorry for making fun of australianon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_smoke_enema

Really, because it sounds like something people would do in the UK.

Adding that to the to do list

Psilocybin mushrooms grow everywhere in the winter time in Nor Cal.

I think it's fucking stupid a god damn mushroom is the same as possessing meth or heroin.

They should be taken off the list like cannabis and have warning sold on them for people who have severe mental health problems, driving under the influence.

The only reason psychologists exist is because religion was politicized in order to make massive amounts of money and build fake kingdoms. The last thing psychologists want is to discover God exists because then they, and the churches, will be out of jobs, money, and power.

Follow your instincts.