Serena Williams calls for equal pay in sports

>"...as we know, too often women are not supported enough or are discouraged from choosing their path. I hope together we can change that. For me, it was a question of resilience. What others marked as flaws or disadvantages about myself – my race, my gender – I embraced as fuel for my success. I never let anything or anyone define me or my potential. I controlled my future.

>So when the subject of equal pay comes up, it frustrates me because I know firsthand that I, like you, have done the same work and made the same sacrifices as our male counterparts. I would never want my daughter to be paid less than my son for the same work. Nor would you."

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/nov/29/dream-big-open-letter-serena-williams-porter-magazine-incredible-women-of-2016-issue-women-athletes

I thought female players in tennis already did get the same pay as their male counterparts, despite playing fewer sets?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1998:_Karsten_Braasch_vs._the_Williams_sisters
topendsports.com/sport/tennis/men-v-women.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1985:_Battle_of_the_Sexes:_The_Challenge.21_.28doubles.29
theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't women play less sets in tennis or something? Men literally play for longer because women aren't as capable

>play less sets
>not the same level as the males
>less people come watch it
>demand equal pay despite not being equal

They should stop giving women like this attention.

>dumb nigger being dumb

Color me surprised

>as we know, too often women are not supported enough or are discouraged from choosing their path

The same people that say this also say that women are oppressed in western society because there are not enough Chads to go around for the female population, and therefore, they conclude, that's why we need feminism.

The real problem here is that women have it too easy - so easy, in fact, that people have to invent problems women face out of thin air so people can falsely believe they are oppressed. And absolutely NOBODY calls them out on it and tells them to shut the fuck up.

So wnba players should get paid as much as men even though the industry makes like 5 dollars a year from its 2 fans?

the only reason women's tennis gets the attention it does is because most tournaments are played at the same time as men's tournaments...

Entitlement society has to be put down

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1998:_Karsten_Braasch_vs._the_Williams_sisters
>Another event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[29] between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams, aged 17 and 16 respectively, had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager".[30][31] The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park,[32] after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two beers. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.[33] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun".[34] Braasch said the big difference was that men can chase down shots much easier, and that men put spin on the ball that the women can't handle. The Williams sisters adjusted their claim to beating men outside the top 350.

>An 18 year old 4th ranked Serena Williams claimed she could compete with men in professional sport; the US Open champion believing she could take on and beat the best players in the men's game. Nothing ever came to be from this claim.[35]

Let women compete directly against men. Complete equality.

B but she make more money than most of the mens that play tennis, is she retarded?

It's a free market. Serena wants more pay? Then she has to negotiate it and prove her worth.
>niggers and negotiating
Case tested.

>play fewer sets
>get a smaller audience
>expect the same pay

Women, everyone!

yes she is

Dumb nigger being dumb as always.

While in most tournaments, I think, women don't get pay the same, the true is that they play less than the Men, the level is below the men circuit and the viewership is always on the male side.

So why the hell should they get pay the same (and mind you in GS I think women are paid the same as men) when they are clearly providing worse entertainment value than the men?

but we are all equal! it shouldnt matter what we do and how well we do it, everything is equal because everyone is equal dont you see, everything need to be given the same because everyone is the same, YAY FOR DIVERSITY!

>...as we know, x is x because I said it is.

Is there a name for this logical fallacy? It seems to be extremely common.

Athletes shouldn't be paid shit

Pretty simple.

Take prize money. Average it across every entrant. Give each entrant equal share.

Problem solved.

nice

i'm ok with mixing men and women in sports

if they want equal pay, earn it

There is not equal viewing/ratings of women's sports compared to men's. Women playing sports is usually not that interesting.

so basically mens work should be less valuable than womens work? damn now THATS equality

She is so fucking hideous. what a disgusting ape.

Dumb fucking slackjawed tranny male bitch. Go fuck yourself for ruining women's tennis. Just when I thought I couldn't hate her anymore.

Dumb bitch took 6/2 6/1 vs a second grade player the day she was actually challenged to play against a man.

Feeling the retirement coming yet Serena?

Let's just abolish gender-segregated professional sports.

SHEEIT I LUS?
VERE DEM GIBS AT WHITEY BOIIS!

I'm tired of anyone in sports bitching about money. You're a fucking entertainer. Be glad you're already so wealthy, and in a position to sign endorsement contracts that have fuck all to do with your actual job.

she's also salty as fuck that she's a better play than Maria, but isn't even a fraction as wealthy. Sponsors don't give a shit about her because she's a chimp-faced nigger.

>topendsports.com/sport/tennis/men-v-women.htm
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1985:_Battle_of_the_Sexes:_The_Challenge.21_.28doubles.29
>Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager". The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park, after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two beers. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1.

she probably means for soccer and basketball (given that they already get equal pay in tennis), which is ridiculous because those don't generate nearly as much as the mens counterpart, in fact the WNBA exists solely off funds generated from the NBA because it can't exist by itself

Yup. Starting with rugby, ice hockey and athletism.

>Caring about the words of a monkey

DO NOT REPLY TO SUBHUMANS AND LEFTIST THREADS

SAGE, FUCKING SAGE, FUCKING KILL ALL THESE MONKEY SAVAGES.

Oh good. This should probably be anywhere in the fucking news cycle.

>after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two beers. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.[33] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance".
Fucking alpha

There are no "men only" leagues for most sports.
Join the big leagues if you wanna make the big bucks.

Agreed, let's sage and hide all threads that are in the news but that we dislike. We need Sup Forums to be a safe space.

Ah yes, that was him. Thanks user, this story is hilarious.
Imagine being dumb enough to still unironically whine for equal pay after that

>make less money than male sports
>want to be paid the same amount as male sports

women in charge of being anything besides retarded

Then the bitches will cry that they can't never win and muh oppression or something. People already die playing rugby if women get to play the game against men there would be one death per game or more.

>Zeppelin ruuuules!

Women tennis matches are literally shorter, and world class female athletes are on par with undergraduate men, at best, except in like, archery

You're worth as much as people are willing to pay to watch you run around and whack a ball.

I hate sports and hold no special sympathies for negros or women so you're barking up the wrong tree asking for alms from me.

I'm not a fan of American sports or the false sense of belonging they bring, I.e. "Our team won" when really you aren't a part of that team and don't even live locally near that team.

But athletes draw attention because of a skill they possess that other people will want to pay to see. If people WANT to pay to see it, athletes will probably always be paid.

>Apparently, after the game, Serena and Venus immediately told the press they wanted to challenge a male player again. This time they revised the ranking of the man they wanted to face, to 350 in the world. I [Braasch] informed the journalist who told me this that in the next week I was set to lose a lot of ATP points and drop down to 350 in the rankings. I [Braasch] told him that if Venus and Serena waited just one week they could challenge me all over again!
theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

BASED

Nice one Barbados Slim

Good, they could cut the pay of the males to the same as the females. Now its equal. Nothing against us dudes but i think pro athletes are cunts who get paid too much

Damn a natural troll. Was he aussie or something?

More like Serena Gorilliams

I am suprised she is payed anything tbqh, who would want to watch an ape swinging a tennis racket?

damn right user
there's a reason why there were so many clubs reserved to men back in the days
so that we could chat and play and practice sports
without having to deal with bitches

General bitching, nothing to see here

>as a male victoria secret angel, i'm just not getting the same kind of pay...

Remember when a monkey took a photograph of itself?

"You're gonna make the same if you do as good a job"

she can join the men's division and fight for that sweet sweet cash any time she wants.

Hol up. Taking a political stand is considered absolutely haram by her cult (Jehovah's Witnesses). Why hasn't Serena Williams been disfellowshipped? Is it because she is rich and famous?

>equal pay
We need mandatory economics courses in schools. Maybe we can get rid of one of the many holocaust courses that we take each year.

I'd love to see how well women would do in a mixed genders ruck or scrum.

Shit would not be pretty, but fairly entertaining.

Color. Kek

>
>>dumb nigger being dumb
>
>Color me surprised

No don't ask to change color you dumb notnigger

Yes of course.

if they want equality then lets stop segregating men and women in sports. they all play the same league. women have to compete against men now. it is only fair. have fun never winning again

>not supported enough

I have literally never seen this. My family is pretty classically masculine male types and we always encourage every female. Few of my cousins are scientists for fuck's sake.

They need a fucking parade for waking up or something?

>that comment section
pure cancer. into the ovens.

Taking selfies should come natural to monkeys, seeing as only lower primates do that shit.

And the grunting, don't forget the grunting.

k, lets completely integrate sports and see how many women still get paid at all

It's the fucking Guardian. They should use the paper it's print edition is made from as kindling.

Im sure bill burr would tell her to shut up

If they are not dead by the end of it they will scream rape or something.

>I play sports PURELY for the paycheck

If they can make millions of dollars for playing a sport they love, they dont have the right to tell us "we needs mo moneys! We gots vaginas!"

This is another swan song to the tanking sports industry. Shes mad that she doesnt get a golden parachute.

All of this.
checked

wtf didn't her sister and she already got completely obliterated a few years ago by a guy on place 150+ on the men's world ranking list?

As much as most people deride sports for its culture it is sad to see the sjw scum infecting what was one of the few meritocratic institutions left.

reminder that this woman will always be living above you trolls as a Legend. You losers will die and the history books will never have heard of you.

women can't even play board games on the same level as men, chess is still segregated into separate leagues for the genders

I suppose seeing a woman full body tackled by an average 160kg player at full sprint would be amusing too.

I agree with this

Fuck those sport playing normies

do history books typically mention semi-famous female tennis players? I must've missed that class

There's no participation medal for posting low quality stuff here.

They dfef dont mention sexless betamale 150 pound weakling losers.

Only when they chop their dick off and change their name to Caitlynn.

this.
Also womens professional soccer teams lose to high school aged boys teams regularly. If they were paid based on skill level they wouldnt make anything.

counter-example

Ooooh a unicorn!

Or the multiple slavery ones

is it time?

Serena williams pisses off the european establishment so much. She is like a wall blocking and female tennis progress from europe. Showing you who the real superior race is. Power from the Sun albino, Serena is what that looks like. Your albino women cry because they cannot beat her. This negress. Collector of albino tears.

>Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager".
>still beats her 6-1
Fucking sweet

Those are some big ole taco titties

Judit was the only one at that level, and damn she was good.

>peaked at 8th best
not good enough

>Ranked 71st in the world
>Ranked 4th in Hungary
>Roughly 200 less Elo rating than the current world champion

Well, she's a decent player for a woman at least.

Olympics? sure. Regular sports? nope.