Redpill me on Putin's Russia

Redpill me on Putin's Russia.

What is his endgame?

>Russia's largest industries are still state-controlled and owned (Gazprom, Rosneft, Sberbank)
>Media is mostly state-controlled and owned (RT, Channel One, ITAR-TASS, RIA Novosti, NTV)
>Putin is a former KGB Lieutenant Colonel and famously said "there is no such thing as a former KGB man"
>Putin has packed the Kremlin with former KGB leaders
>Creates a new "United Russia" that is still sympathetic to the communists and USSR allies, but also embraces traditional values and religion.
>Continues supporting fellow communist states militarily and economically
>Continues anti-American and anti-West propaganda in state-controlled media
>Honors the USSR as a glorious era in Russia
>Invades Ukraine, with military build up along baltic state borders
>Putin recently says, "Russia's border doesn't end anywhere"
>Average monthly income for Russian citizens is only $291 USD per month, basically no middle class.

Is Putin's Russia any better than the USSR? Is he trying to restore the former glory of the USSR? What the fuck is going on in Russia?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine_(2014–present)
theaquilareport.com/how-to-understand-the-folk-marxism-of-trump-supporters/
thesun.co.uk/news/2232242/us-military-expert-who-predicted-crimea-and-ukraine-invasions-claims-world-war-3-will-start-in-latvia/
youtube.com/watch?v=3D9W3EHKrTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is Putin's Russia any better than the USSR? Is he trying to restore the former glory of the USSR? What the fuck is going on in Russia?
Are you really interested or just bored?

It seems like you've already redpilled yourself.

Putin's Kremlin is literally the KGB taking the reigns after the USSR fell.

Interested, care to answer?

KGB: The State
Only Russian nationalism is the new ideology.
This isn't as tragic as it sounds though. They achieved some good things, but overall corruption is bad.
I think it's a transition period. Russians never had democracy, but now at least they have a semblance of it and unlike rulers of past Putin is far more concerned about what people think.

I'd be interesting on a rooskies take on this

> invades Ukraine
When did that happen? Around the time the US invaded Yemen I asume.

You didn't understand that properly. Infantry is there to look after AT teams and engage them. Better situational awareness than tank crew.

Russia is a shit hole third world country with a top tier military.

Soviet Russia was shit to. There was no glory in it. Quit being a brainwashed mongoloid.

I would be interested to know as well.

A HEAT round would likely detonate when hitting a human body on the outside of a tank, thus greatly decreasing its penetration value. KE penetrators not so much. So his diagram portraying human infantry as an alternative armor module is not completely farfetched!

>ukraine

no such thing

>What is armed conflict in Crimea and Donbass?

Where have you been for the past two years?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine_(2014–present)

First, some perspective. I'll be skipping details like perestroika, for brevity.
USSR had 4 pillars. KGB, Communism, Military and Stalinism. Due to failure of communism and Stalinism. Of this 2 Pillars were weak and failed. When they did Our government contacted west and started negotiating lasting peace, so we can repair/replace them. West said hell yeah! And then they through bribery, naivete and empty promises took apart the union. Replacing Stalinism and Communism with capitalism and democracy. And making us give up work of centuries of russian history.

Thus began the 90s where russia was run by the west. During this time Military pillar was destroyed too and state de facto fell to ruin, even KGB turning into defacto independant entity. Country was robbed, pillaged, disordered and left for dead by combination of western puppets and morons. Rule of law failed (it was already corrupt so it didn't take much). Gangs ruled the day, their leaders "Thiefs in Law" followed "Thief's code". Nothing else mattered much.

Putin ended up in control of what was left of KGB and through populism, and ruthless power games took kremlin. All he had is destroyed nation with loads and loads of natural resources.

Restoration of Russian influence in post soviet space in the form of Eurasian Union, autocratic version of EU dominated solely by them.

I'm sure thats how they sold it to the soldiers... But in reality...

HEAT is a molten stream of copper, I don't think human flesh would provide much resistance.

>What is his endgame?
To have his Mongoloid Candidate win the presidential election. Newsflash: He did.

>Restoration of Russian influence

Cultural marxism. And /pol fell for it.

Hi Olgino.

Your Motherland actually created the Ukraine because of it's "cultural, economic and territorial differences from Russia". The West did not form the border of Ukraine as an independent state, Russia did.

Now get back to work.

It's a legitimate tactic.

Holy fuckaroni you're retarded

Why do you ask "redpill me" when you already made your judgement?
Besides Poles aren't fans of Ukrainians either.

You mean he's joking or that it doesn't work that way?

>Invades Ukraine, with military build up along baltic state borders

>family values are cultural marxism
Nigga what ?

You're baiting right?

No.

Now how it went under his control.
KGB (barely above average gang at that point, but with century of experience on how to subjugate people) went around making Thiefs fall in line with the new government "reforming" them into businessman. Overtime he replaced most positions of power with his KGB officers and few of the richest Thiefs. System was corrupt as fuck but very stable. He managed to get rid of most of western influence during this time, but he wasn't opposed in any way to working with the west. He made point about the fact that we are unhappy with NATO expansion east (one of the broken promises) and especially nato defence systems being deployed closer and close to us.

Pillars at this point were Thief's Code KGB and Capitalism(Mostly run by former thief). Overtime he managed to restore the economy to a sensible point, and started restoring the military and academia. Corruption started slowly but steadily reducing, since there was enough money to go around. There was no clear goal other than restore the country to a meaningful point. There was an honest attempt to cooperate with the west.

Then US tried to get Georgia in NATO. This was simply unacceptable in miriad of different ways. So using cultural oppression as a pretext Georgian war happened. Proving new russian military utterly incompetent, undersupplied and all round worthless. Only things we were investing in meaningfuly is ballistic resarch for nukes. Strategic balance and all that. Clearly we didn't use them here.

After that west backed off. And started singing kumbayya again.

Country was running decently, economy, academia, military, plagued by bribery, but beginning to function. There is still a decline of corruption but it's still not very fast. After war a major army and doctrine reform was called for.

You most likely are but I'll bite. HEAT is a hollow projectile. Liquid copper would just congeal on the side of a tank.

It's a *directed* stream of molten copper, if it detonates 1m away from the hull, due to hitting a person, it will disperse in a way that nullifies any effective penetration of armor.

Very interesting to see this perspective.

Do some Russians feel cheated by the West for giving up the two pillars of Stalinism and Communism? Or is it generally accepted that these were failures and capitalism is the future? From an American's prospective it doesn't appear that Russia ever fully embraced capitalism with all it's state-controlled industries intact.

Putin's "ruthless power games" to take the Kremlin, did it alarm the public in Russia or is that the KGB is generally viewed very favorably? Or were Russians so sick of the corruption that they were ready welcome some semblance of the former USSR order?

>High-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warhead is a type of shaped charge explosive that uses the Munroe effect to penetrate armor. The warhead functions by having the explosive charge melt a metal liner to form a high-velocity superplastic jet. This concentrated metal jet capable of penetrating armor steel to a depth of seven or more times the diameter of the charge (charge diameters, CD). Contrary to a widespread misconception (possibly resulting from the acronym HEAT), the jet does not melt its way through armor, as its effect is purely kinetic in nature.

Well I perhaps expressed myself badly but I was hardly being retarded as you say.

>Why do you ask "redpill me"

To get comments like this: from people who ahve more understanding and can offer redpills about what is going on. This guy's explanations is exactly what I'm looking for.

>Calls polak out for russkishilling
>American education

Polaks hate ukraine much more than russia actually

Yeah you were, son.

Okay I'll be more precise in future.

Actually an interesting read, thanks ruskibro

>What is his endgame?
His endgame is to remain in power till natural death. Maybe also make sure that after, it goes to his KGB cronies.

He's not trying to restore glory or USSR. Russia is a poor-ass shithole with nukes, that's it.

It's still light years better than USSR, though. At least we're free to make money, buy shit and leave this country if we can now.

Overall, the country's getting poorer and poorer, because the economy has been in deep neglect for decades, and what money there is go to preserve the military and lavish lifestyles of oligarchs and gov. officials.

so is putin now just fighting back against the NATO expansion by occupying Ukraine and Georgia? Its like the US is trying to surround russia or some shit

thank you for putting effort to coherent analysis and bothering to reply; much appreciated

Russia's main downfall is the mentality of people. We have an almost functional democracy, but it doesn't matter, because the men and women of Russia will cling to status quo whatever happens.

European falls down a cliff and, by some miracle, manages to catch himself in the dense foliage of the forest below. He descends a tree and starts whining and complaining that the branches srcatched him, he lost his backpack during the fall, and overall feels like the tree is a problem. He comes back and axes the tree in revenge.

An american does the same and thinks that what happened is perfectly normal. He scales the cliff back without any fear, because he is sure that if he falls again, no worry - the foliage will break his fall again.

The russian clings to a tree for many more hours because to him it is obvious that there are wolfes below, because nothing good can happen to a Russian. He soon starts surviving of the melted snow and passing squirells, and decides to never come down, because "that's a living".

Thanks for typing all this out, very interesting info.

How do you view the conflict in Ukraine? And do you genuinely view NATO as an aggressor?

>one of the broken promises
Speaking of broken promises, how is this viewed within Russia? How do Russians general feel about keeping their promises to those who break theirs?

>>Invades Ukraine, with military build up along baltic state borders
Fucking burgers and their inability to do research beyond a CNN and wiki article.

>"Russia's border doesn't end anywhere"
He's right. Where is the end of a loop/circle?

>family values are cultural marxism
>Nigga what ?

I'll type this slowly so you can follow.
Putin's Russia? Family values.
Putin's USA? Decadence, decay, actual marxism.

Putin's /pol?
Flat Earth, Jew hate, , , , , ,White supremacy, , , , ,,
Communism, Cultural marxism, Syria General, Conspiracy theories, How to Understand the Folk Marxism of Trump Supporters
theaquilareport.com/how-to-understand-the-folk-marxism-of-trump-supporters/

You get the idea...

>Only Russian nationalism is the new ideology.
It is definitely not. Russia has over 150 different nationalities; nationalism rising would be the death of it. Putin hates and fears it.

Putin would've sold off to globalists gladly and gone to live off his retirement in Europe like other Russian oligarchs, but globalists seem to randomly kill fallen leaders of third-world countries, and they particularly want him dead, so that option is not really an option for him.

Russian nationalism has different forms. Not ethnic Russian nationalism, far-right kind. A more "civic" one.

This:

thesun.co.uk/news/2232242/us-military-expert-who-predicted-crimea-and-ukraine-invasions-claims-world-war-3-will-start-in-latvia/

He supported Trump because Trump wants to weaken NATO. But the Joint Chiefs will not allow that.

>Russia has over 150 different nationalities; nationalism rising would be the death of it. Putin hates and fears it.

This is the very reason Putin's Kremlin shills promote nationalism in the West, to divide and destroy it. Useful idiots somehow think Putin is a champion of nationalism when he only wants his enemies to embrace it for obvious reason, it divides their alliances and makes them weaker.

>two pillars of Stalinism and Communism?
Pillars fell on their own, it was not wests fault or achievment. They were simply unsound theories. We went from state-communism to state-capitalism. Meaning that while major industries are still responsible to the state Most major media, too is responsive to the state. But there are two things you must understand, first: small buisness is not surpressed, quite the contrary. A lot of medium sized companies get annexed by the government , but some don't, and it's not in a hostile, but a reasonable way. Altho to every rule an exception. As to why not go full capitalism? Your government is controlled by corps, ours is in control of ours. You tell me which is better.

Similar thing with media outlets. Our media is actually far more investigative and prying than most western MSM these days. They only conceal really big stuff, and even then rarely. They have no reason to tiptoe around red lines, they are outright told what those are, so they can have at it with the rest. Not to say that they are unbiased, just not propaganda machines westerners think them to be. Suppression of free speech only happens when the speaker is anti-government, calling for revolutions and such. If you are just leveling criticism at them and don't act out by disturbing public peace noone will harm you tho they might buy you out if you are a media agency.

Putin's power games were mostly behind the scenes. And besides, we were on the brink of lynching duma anyway. And there would be hammers and sickles if that happened. Hell, we even elected a communist, but elections got rigged (before putin), and he never came into power.

The fuck do you think we call it encirclement for?
Noone trust west in russia after maidan, I'll get to it. Sizable portion is open to the idea of all out war with Nato.

> A more "civic" one.

SO NOTHING RELATED TO NATIONALISM AT ALL GOTCHA

fucking cuck

The differences between American and Russian culture/mindset is pretty fucking funny when they first meet here; that said, we have found that there is a high level of innovation when an american and a russian team co-process. It's kind of magical.

Funny, aint it? It's almost like keeping us all apart is the only thing holding us all back.

>Do some Russians feel cheated by the West for giving up the two pillars of Stalinism and Communism?
More like feel cheated that the West was supposed to teach Russia to do capitalism and help create a stable democratic government, and instead they let the country burn in chaos. We're all lucky that the gangs didn't get their hands on nukes. The security and government control in the country was so shitty, I am genuinely surprised it didn't happen.

Don't get triggered so easily.

>Our media is actually far more investigative and prying than most western MSM these days.
>not propaganda machines
>Suppression of free speech only happens when the speaker is anti-government

tl;dr "i'm just content to be a bootlicking cuck so these thing really don't seemt that bad to me"

I hope Putin destroys the new world order, pic related.

Thread's full of retards who either weren't alive back then and are speaking out of their ass or are saying idiotic shit to fit their agenda.
Basically, thread's a circlejerk for retards.

I agree with this user completely.

The "Russia stronk" type? Yeah, that one's on the rise.

That's too bad, because the country is going down the sewer. Has been for a long, long time now. Admitting there's a problem and shit is not right is the first step to solving it. Looks like it ain't gonna happen. Oh, well...

Is it a naive burger thing to think Americans and Russians have a shot at actual peace, or the beginning of it, with Trump's presidency?

I'm fucking old, I remember cold war shit and russian being taught in children's schools. It's probably stupid to say but I hope Ivan knows nobody in this fucking country besides SJWs who believe Putin/Trump is liberally hitler and aging idiots want to go to war with Russia, and that the general consensus was that Hillary was leading us there.

And where do you think it is right and what kind of alternative would you suggest?

You know, in big great america lots of people think the system could crash into oblivion. Who knows what could happen? If the globalist system falls apart, the USD is no longer the world's reserve currency, russian could go into a golden age while the west goes to shit

Nationalism will end NATO and that's a good thing. The US will be fine and UK will be fine. Continental Europe can go fuck itself. There's literally no reason why we should care if they have to give into Kremlin pressure. Europeans are ungrateful, decadent, anti west cucks.

State capitalism is still capitalism. As a guy born in 1994 i cant really relate myself to USSR or wild 90's, but tgere's a short summary: russians in general have quite amorphic persinalities : they are better ruled that rule someone else. Therefore most of the time we we end up with authoritarian man in power that "rules it all". Democracy doesn't work here (it doesn't work anywhere really), all we have to vote for are a bunch of clown (like Trump but shit-tier), old soviet politicians, and Mr Putin. Personally i like the guy, keeps his ministers in line(probably by bribes, but no evidences here), but since his first term he hasnt done jack shit to improve the economy. That's his biggest fuck up IMO. Allright ruler in general, which stabilized situation back in the day but never improved it.

Trump has huge support among russian population. Everyone's tired of Obama's treatment of Russia. So people are hopeful. I'm hopeful as well.

>Is he trying to restore the former glory of the USSR?

The USSR was never glorious, it was torturous and every achievement should be seen as a monument to the struggle of human suffering.

>whataboutism

classic shill response

better question, what is the globalist agenda with russia?

I'm glad to hear that, I genuinely am. Let's go to Mars together and nuke some brownies.

this
first of all , there is no occupation of Ukraine and Georgia
>Its like the US is trying to surround russia or some shit
its true
just open ur eyes. Who have resoursec and territory? EU? hell no , EU have literally nothing
Russia is biggest country in the world with dozen resourses, every one wants piece of it.

i remember how before 2008 conflict in Georgia Russian media force good relations with USA and EU, and even in 2007 when Putin was a president. But then starts Georgia conflict, ( in which agressor was literally retarded US puppet Saakashvili. Its a fact , find any sourse besides clinton new network.) and our relations becomes bad again. And them elections in US and Obama wins over Mccein who hates Russia, and many people in Russia was like "ok probably this nigga can do some shit and end this "russia is ebil" meme". Medvedev and Obama starts RELOAD policy in 2009
and look at the situation now. Obama is antirussian. Does this happen again with Trump? i bet - yes. Because US president is just essentially rag figure. Your problem is sitting in the Senate probably,

I want to add that almost every russian whats good relations between Russia and US , even crazy vatniks can change their mind if US finally will start to cooperate with us as equals, without backroom games like in Ukraine and Georgia.

Heat is not a shape charge you fucking troglodyte

The USSR was shit, except they built really good metros. So, you could get shot for grabbing some plants to feed your children (this happened to my friend's grandma) but in exchange you get stunning state funded architecture and art

>liberal trying his hardest to paint the government as full authoritarian
Yeah, it's as if we don't have TV channels like "Dozhdy" here in the Baltics and don't hear your opposition being retarded crybabies all the time.

>liberal backpedals without an actual response
Sasuga faggot.

>Or were Russians so sick of the corruption that they were ready welcome some semblance of the former USSR order?

It wasn't just corruption here in the 90s it was wild west. So people were relieved and happy when an order came.

Yeah but it was built upon so many broken starving backs.

Nationalism works great if all people within the country recognize themselves as one nationality. Otherwise, nationalism of one nationality leads to nationalism of others, and this shit spirals out of control pretty quickly. Anyways, importing angry shitskins from abroad is a bad idea no matter what.

Putin supports anyone who doesn't want him dead - left or right doesn't matter at all. He's saving his hide, that's it.

Russia is actually historically a friend of America. People forget that because that obviously went down the shitter in the 20th century but there are actually a number of ways that our nations were naturally aligned in the past

Post-Soviet Russia IS Putin to a large extent. He's the one keeping it together and keeping kleptocrats in line. We can only begin to imagine what would happen if he were to fall out of power through whatever means (from a coup to simply dying of old age).

Could you do better? Speak honestly, like a true Bolshevik :^)

>keeps his ministers in line(probably by bribes, but no evidences here)
It's funny you mentioned, since just a couple of weeks ago our Economic Development Minister was fired for taking a bribe to allow Rosneft buyout another oil company, a deal he strongly opposed at first, but was pushed to accept it by Rosneft CEO Mr. Sechin (a close friend of Putin). The deal was already carried out.
Putin's friends' interests come before economic rationale in this country.

Yes, but it would just make europe weaker. It would make america stronger. That's the interesting thing, russia wants america great again. We were not a threat to them back in the day during our golden age

Thank you based Ruski for exposing the Olgino shill tactics. The Latvian proxy is sus, but this classic whataboutism is confirmation.

I should probably address something here. The whole church/value/culture thing. Russian are very closed off to public eye. To westerner our society might look like an army of sociopaths in some places. Some of it is soviet, some of it is older. Point is - no public displays of anything are frowned upon. Church is controlled by the state. Some found peace in it during bad times, but society at large never visits the fucking place. And we still have a lot of atheists. That's why there is no real anti Muslim or skin colour rhetoric. You are a citizen first, but unlike america we don't integrate other cultures, we slowly assimilate them by promoting Russian values, church is but one of many tools in it. You can be whatever you want behind closed doors, so long as you don't break the law (feel free to bend it).

Next couple years looked like a downright golden age compared to 90s. Medvedev did his best to reform the country where needed, altho some reforms were later backtracked to invest into bigger military. People started giving enough fucks to both vote and criticise the government, all in all a decent time. All in all country on it's way to becoming a member of the world. And then west betrayed us again.

Yanuk (ukraine's president) is a moron. Apparently his leash was too long, or some shit, but he went nuts on corruption and kleptocracy. By the time kremlin started paying attention, maidan happened. I don't know what went down on those streets. I have no idea what fucker authorised lethal force. But it gave the radicals (kindly radicalised and supplied by US Department of State) among protestors the fuel they needed to take the government. A true popular revolution would be Pro ukraine. Maidan was anti russian. You need to realise how much this hurt. Ukraine was part of our country for us. Our army would die for Kiew it like it would for petersburg, we dumped more money there then most regions of Russia. And they were screaming anti russian slogans.

>except they built really good metros.
That you have to spend several minutes just to get down to the platform lol.

My grandmother and grandfather disagree. They were good working people. They loved Stalin and were very happy in USSR.

Nothing is one sided. Nothing is simple.

>and that the general consensus was that Hillary was leading us there.

That was PutinTrolls on /pol manufacturing that "Clinton war" hysteria with fake news. Soon as the election was over, they abandoned it.

/Pol always falls for fake news, especially Putin's propaganda campaigns.

My advice? If you were stupid enough to vote for T̶r̶u̶m̶Putin, you better start learning Russian.

what if end game of Putin is promote nationalism in the west only to unleash our own hands?
Every one here understands what means civil war in Russia. 150 nationalities, nuclear power, biggest country in the world. We dont forget results and cost of previous revolution. We dont forget about foreign intervention and goals of it.Civil war in Russia without civil wars in the west means TOTAL Russian collapse. We can have succesfull revolution only if western countries not interfere, otherwise we obtain an analogue of Ukraine but much , muuuuch worse.

>My grandmother and grandfather disagree. They were good working people. They loved Stalin and were very happy in USSR.
Might it be because your grandma was still hot back then, and your granddad's dick was still hard?
People tend to like "da good ol' times", doesn't mean they were actually good. For me, the fact that you could not emigrate from the Soviet Union is enough to never want to go back even if it was even better than the commie propaganda tells us.

>Or is it generally accepted that these were failures and capitalism is the future?
Most of the older generations know that capitalism is cancer, in most forms. It's just that there's no reshaping and remolding the economic systems into something better or even back to how it was under USSR. The fact that all of the 90+ kids are brainwashed doesn't really help as well.

Putin is Kadyrovs puppet

>endgame
Saged and hidden.

His endgame is killing the Petroldollar. That'll finish off the USA, and Trump might be loonatic enough to let him do this.

Based Putin.

Everyone else who tried, died a tragic death, no matter how loaded they were, no one was big enough to fight it. But Putin, oooooh boy.

A big part of Ukraine didn't like that.

>/pol
>/Pol
Fuck off, you kike shill with your "fake news."
youtube.com/watch?v=3D9W3EHKrTE

Congrats on your parents looking fondly upon a corrupted system, looking back through the USSRs history it is clear that your parents are an anomaly. That and the history of Russia is terrible.

Do they look fondly upon the time of gulags because of the mafia run country afterwards and whatever you can even call it now?

Americans are heavily brainwashed to fear Russians. Part of it is because literally all our media reports about Syria is that Putin and Assad are slaughtering children. But slowly Americans are starting to realize the truth. The democrats launched that huge """Russian cyber attack""" smear campaign because they realized that conservatives are starting to side with Putin over Obama.

Trump should give you guys hope. His number one foreign policy goal is to knock the hell out of ISIS and he seems open to working with Putin in accomplishing that. Trump wants to modernize or leave NATO. Trumps relationship with Nigel Farage implies that he would also like to see the EU crumble. These are all good signs for Russia. Also if Putin invaded T*rkey I doubt Trump would try to stop him