Alcohol banned till 21

>alcohol banned till 21
>cigarettes banned till 18
>marijuana only available legally in some states
>all other drugs are strictly prohibited and outlawed
>caffeine can be consumed by anyone of any age in any quantity

Can we discuss this? The WORLD is getting fatter because of over consumption of caffeine, its affecting peoples sleeping patterns, job and work performance etc. So why isnt it legislated anywhere? Why arent normal people or kids protected from caffeine?

Other urls found in this thread:

caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/espresso
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3001209/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3656905/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The benefit out ways the harm.

Literally drank tea since I can remember. My parents gave it to me when I was a toddler. Never not drank a lot of tea and generally go through about two boxes of teabags a month.

>The WORLD is getting fatter because of over consumption of caffeine
Caffeine isn't causing obesity. The sugar in products with caffeine is.

yes carbonated drinks are so bad. if you need energy stick to coffee. Sure it's technically an addiction but one or two cups of coffee a day isn't bad for you, except maybe some dependency in the morning in order to wake you up. Waking up isn't fun anyway

and now look at how fucked up your country is

I teabag ur mum.x

>caffeine can be consumed by anyone of any age in any quantity
energy drink cans have warnings on the side

Don't blame caffeine for people being fat. Blame fat people for being fat.

Caffeine is a BASED drug that has almost no drawbacks besides being a diuretic (secret tip, drink some water fat ass).

Youre a retard if you think caffeine causes obesity. The whole brit empire was fueled on tea yet Britbongs arent particularly fat (nor are the Chinese or Indians)...obesity didnt become a problem until the 80s in the US. Its mostly over consumption of sugar and refined carbs, but also increasingly sedentary lifestyles due to screen time, constant bombardment of food advertising making us impulsively hungry, prevalence of low fat yo-yo dieting as well as a food industry that has over processed and cheapened our food.
But yeah, caffeine is totally fine. All drugs should be legal, let Darwin handle the dumb fucks that cant handle their shit and become junkies.

On a somewhat related note: holy shit did caffeine only start to affect me after I dropped 100 lbs of my body weight.

Coffee doesn't really work for me, only energy drinks do, and even then I have to drink 2 for it to phase me.

I'm just going to run it dry and cut out all this shit and just try to form better habits for my morning.

drink real coffee not fucking white chocolate mocha idiot.
coffee literally helps you to lose weight. just don't fucking mix it with sugar you fat fucks.

Caffeine is an appetite suppressant.

You're a fucking retard.

source?

yerba mate is better

user I'm 120lb. I lost all over 100lb this year, it was one of my goals. I only take my Coffee black, sometimes with milk if its too hot so it can cool down.

Coffee and energy drinks barely had an affect on me when I was both this skinny and as fat as I was. Shit just isn't effective for me.

is this pic legit? I'm sceptical a shot of espresso has less caffeine than a can of Coke

caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/espresso

Says 77mg here.

that image is blocked from facebook, lol

120lbs? Are you a midget?

broscience.com

Not even close.

manlet

Yeah that must be an American """Espresso"""

In Australia we say an espresso shot has 100mg of Caffeine (but it can range between 60mg to 120mg depending on a ton of different factors)

I didn't drink coffee until I was 17 because my parents said it would stunt my grow
Now I drink a cup of coffee or tea in the morning and sometimes one in the afternoon

>Not alterning caffeine with melatonin pills

:C i thought you were a female.

I really wanted that green card :C

I googled.

It said all coffee variants were 60-80mg.

SO which one of you is more likely to be lying? Google or some idiot on Sup Forums with a picture, starting a thread about how caffeine makes you fat.

Melatonin is a gift at night

While I lived in San Francisco I would consume 2-4 cups of coffee per day

>Take one hit from my bong of Platinum Cookies™ from the Green Door
>Drink entire Sight Glass™ coffee

That shit was like a speedball.

It would fuck me up worse than Cocaine.

About two years I quit coffee cold turkey as a new year's resolution and my heart has thanked me

Now I drink tea like a true patrician.

>Why arent normal people or kids protected from caffeine?

no-one put a gun to their head and said they have to drink it

but yeah if I had kids NO SUGAR NO CAFFEINE

Had no idea the amount of caffeine in tea was so small. And to think I've been avoiding it.

But yeah I want to see the worst sodas with caffeine and I'm at the store. A law though.......nah.

>take bitter berries, dry them and rpast them
>brew it to a drink and add sugar, milk and hazlenut cream
Damn coffee is so good for me and is totally delicious!

FUCK YOU
Caffeine is addictive.
Anything that is burnt is unhealthy.
If you like the taste of "coffee" so much, drink it fucking pure.
It tastes disgusting for a reason, because its not supposed to be consumed.

you still shouldn't drink it before bed. I did the for ages at uni and it fucked my sleep up real good

>red bull
people still drink that? thought it was just a meme drink

The asshole who touches my coffee will die horribly.

That is all.

the oldest cat in the world lived to 38, and he drank coffee every day

Melatonin pills don't do shit because they do not penetrate the blood-brain barrier.

It is not FDA approved as a prescription, nor it is even rated both safe or effective as an over the counter medication.

You're literally eating gummy bears before bedtime.
Just take 50mg Benadryl before bed if you can't sleep.

>Melatonin pills don't do shit
Citation needed.

SIPP
I
P
P

>caffeine
>causes weight gain
Bitch it speed up your metabolism, what makes people fat is the added sugar. Drink black coffee or nothing at all.

>claim drug does something
>hee hee prove it doesn't

Yes, because that is how drug approval works.
Burden of proof falls on you.

>its affecting peoples sleeping patterns, job and work performance etc.

Yes, in mostly GOOD ways.

Filter coffee also lowers cholesterol.

Why not just legalise everything instead?

Burden of proof falls on you, fucking idiot. You're the one making the claim that they don't do shit because x reason, so prove x reason.

>Anything that is burnt is unhealthy.

Coffee isn't burned.
It's roasted.

A huge amount of research has been done to the health risks/benefits of coffee.
The only bad substance in coffee is cafestol, which you can remove by filtering.
Coffee does contains healthy substances.

>Melatonin pills don't do shit because they do not penetrate the blood-brain barrier.

Confirmed for not having any idea what you are talking about.

Melatonin rapidly bypasses the blood-brain barrier. There is a huge amount of published research showing that it improves sleep and that it causes people to relax and feel tired when they take it during the day.

see:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3001209/

>tfw hyperactive
>lack coordination because of brain working faster than body and it cant keep up
>Consume caffeine
>body can now keep up with brain
>become a literal super human until caffeine rush dies

Melatonin has not been approved by the FDA based on its claimed.

It is also not rated as both safe and effective as an over the counter medication for its claims.

Therefore, anyone saying melatonin helps with sleep IS THE ONE MAKING THE CLAIM.

So shut up, as the adults are talking. When we need a child, I'll go ahead and call you.

Thats why amphetamines are prescribed to people with ((ADHD))

Banter aside, this isn't such a bad idea.
Humans have been using psychotropic substances since the caveman days.

>do not penetrate the blood-brain barrier.
Correction, it has low bioavailability.

That collection also mentions nothing about sleep or insomnia, so good job not even reading your own fucking source.

And I'll say it again.

NOT APPROVED
NOT SAFE OR EFFECTIVE

yeah, impose strict limits on sugar so that they will resent you for it when they find all their friends get to have sugar and caffeine.

>is this pic legit? I'm sceptical a shot of espresso has less caffeine than a can of Coke

The amount of caffeine in an espresso shot can vary a lot.
Depending on the type of beans, level of roasting and brew time.

Most people use dark roasted Arabica for espresso, which doesn't contain as much caffeine as lighter roasts or Robusta.

Caffeine only starts to get released after about 10 seconds of brewing.
So in a typical 25 second espresso brew you're only releasing caffeine for 15 seconds.
Slower methods release a lot more caffeine then espresso.

You're a fucking retard

Do you fags really drink coffee with sugar? I'm fucking dissapointed

Well they're not real amphetamines like the ones you would take while partying but yeah.
I was prescribed those when I was little but my mom got me out of them pretty quickly. I can now handle it pretty well but I perform at 500% when I'm under the effects of caffeine

Fuck off druggie there are bigger issues in the world than what substances you want to pump into your body.

Good stuff, also, nice english spaniard bro

Look who's talking

You can take my coffee from my cold dead hands you fucking pinko

The way to deal with this shit isn't with legislation but by changing cultural values and public perception. Unfortunately, the people in the best position to do this intend to do the exact opposite for the sake of money. Anyone who wants this to change should start with themselves.

I need to work for 12 hours a Day and instead of artificial stimulant I take a natural and healthy Coffee. Now you Fucking milenial are crying over caffeine, because you dont Fucking work faggot

>Meta-Analysis: Melatonin for the Treatment of Primary Sleep Disorders

>This meta-analysis demonstrates that melatonin decreases sleep onset latency, increases total sleep time and improves overall sleep quality. The effects of melatonin on sleep are modest but do not appear to dissipate with continued melatonin use.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3656905/

>not safe

maybe if you are taking medications for stuff like heart disease or whatever but if you are healthy and don't take any other medications melatonin is perfectly safe

watch out, we got a dude playing on hard-mode here.

Lets not forget sugar the number 1 killer drug.

>world is getting fatter
>because of caffeine
> not refined cane sugar, preservatives and corn syrup

Do you even know how caffeine works/what it is?

Jesus Christ, Americans are fucking retarded.

I had a plan to quit coffee over the course of a couple weeks. Unlimited, two cups if coffee, one cup, tea then nothing. Around supper during the middle of my one cup a day week I realized I hadn't had any. I had a harder time trying out nofap. I drink my coffee black and like my tea plain, maybe throw a mint bag in if I'm making a full pot. Whats the problem if I still get my 6 hours every night? I work hard so I sleep well. Not hard to get this familia

>A stimulant causes weight gain

Are you special or just retarded?

>meta-analysis
Please do better than that. This the reason it's not approved. You won't find a hardly an credible RCT.

Safe, sure. But that isn't enough for an OTC to be recommended.
It also has to be effective.

Caffeine is very good for the heart.

The recommendation is 5 cups of coffee per day for heart benefits.
Seriously, look it up.

It's actually kind of horrifying when you think about it. I was considered straight-edge and sober in middle/high school, but I could chug multiple cans of energy drink or several dozen ounces of coffee in front of the people who were supposed to be in charge of me, and it didn't even merit a comment. I had some cashiers balk at selling me that shit when I was like 11, and then I'd just point out that there was no actual age restriction on them. Shit's weird.

Caffeine's DEFINITELY a drug, too. I've done pretty much everything with the exception of peyote, in large quantities and frequently, and I'll still say that caffeine gets you high. You can't be wired on several hundred mg of a stimulant and consider yourself sober. The withdrawals for somebody who drinks a lot of caffeine are no fucking joke, either. And the stupid fucking grin energy drinks put on your face are NOT comparable to a coffee buzz. It's somewhere between coffee and cocaine.

I dunno if it's actually a problem, but it is a bit odd that we don't think of coffee as getting high. And it might be a bit excessive how many little kids are drinking Starbucks now.

Melatonin sucks I have insomnia and have been on almost everything melatonin is possibly the worst sleep aid available. Even rozerem is a waste of money.

OP just wants to hate caffeine because its popular.

Lol who drinks coffee? Take riddlin, you pussy.

>Do you fags really drink coffee with sugar?

Only lightly roasted single origins.

They're just too sour without sugar.

>All these things are regulated
>But Caffeine isn't
>So lets regulate that

No you fool, let's deregulate the other stuff.

Thanks bro. Hoping I can move there in the future exploiting my spanish so I can watch the EU ship sink from afar

caffeine reduces weight you retard

ban high fructose corn syrup if anything

Is "Caffeine" the new name of the jumbo mcmenu?

>Caffeine is very good for the heart.

Only filtered coffee.

Slow cooking unfiltered coffee like French press, Turkish, Moka Express, etc. are bad for your heart.

Espresso is somewhere in between.

Can confirm coke cola gave me diabetes

>Calling a cafetière "French Press"

I thought you Dutchies were smart

Caffeine makes you shit as a side effect of too much.

Otherwise it's a diuretic and can increase focus.

What did he mean by this?

No coke didnt give you diabetes. It was because you cant Fucking control yourself.

I recognize that gay blowjob!

coffee actually has very many benefits for the heart. just like tea. that doesn't apply to energy drinks though, since they're full of other shit

All drugs should be legalized. The government has no right to tell people what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

explain

Good question, let's ban caffeine until you are 18. And then the state can be absolved of responsibility when people still make poor choices when they become an adult.

Well they can if they're elected to do that job.
To keep people safe, to do the jobs others don't have time for...

source? i watched a video on it and it didnt distinguish between types of coffee.

i have an espresso machine and use ESE pods (pic related) instead of just powder. would these be considered filtered?

It is not the government's responsibility to protect the people from themselves. It is the people's responsibility to do that for themselves. The government should only protect people from others. Anything else is despotism.

That's all well and good, but after you've taken things like meth or heroine a couple times, you're no longer making the choice. The drugs are calling the shots.

Dying in a ditch od'ing off of meth is whatever. Becoming a full crackhead that will rob or kill anything to get a fix is not acceptable, and that is how ANY use of meth or heroin will turn out eventually.

Not to mention the fact that the complications of users drive up the costs of healthcare and my taxes.

Yet another example of how
>MY BODY I CAN CHOOSE TO BE RETARDED
is a facile argument.

Society has made it so practically every person knows the dangers of taking meth and heroine. The government can run ads warning people if they want to. And of course tricking someone into taking hard drugs should be a punishable crime.

Amerilard logic everyone.
Black coffee is one of the most redpilled drinks in existence.

Why do people put caffeine in stuff? Is it the taste?