Why did baby boomers destroy the family unit and abandon their kids?

Why did baby boomers destroy the family unit and abandon their kids?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y3qkf3bajd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do millennials always blame others for their failures?

They probably destroyed their cognitive functions with all those Woodstock drugs.

Why can't millennials take responsibility for their own lives? They don't do anything and blame everything on their grandparents.

They are the generation of non confrontational post war faggots

Millennials can only take after their parents, so any failure of theirs is a reflection of poor leadership and parenting from boomers.

So again:
>I'm a failure
>must be everyone else's fault!

If you set an entire generation up for failure, don't be surprised when they fail.

Boomers love to preach responsibility, but they refuse to assume any of it.

So what you're saying is
>it's not Jamal's fault he robbed that liquor store, it was his parents!
>it's not Bertha's fault she writes 400lbs, it was her parents!
>it's not my fault I'm a 32 year old NEET virgin who lives with his parents and plays video games all day, it's my parents!
How can you expect anyone to better themselves if they don't take responsibility for themselves?

Show some personal responsibility you entitled faggot. You fuck up, that's on you. You're a god damn adult. Act like it.

>beating the "personal responsibility" drum
>refusing to acknowledge that boomers are the least responsible of any generation

>Show some personal responsibility you entitled faggot.

How did that divorce work out for you, chief?

They don't have anything to be responsible for. They didn't do anything wrong. It's millennials who refuse to work that ruined everything.

There's a reason they are known as the "me generation".

Never been married. Nice projection though.

Refuse to work where, in mestizized stores and fields, where you are prevented from even applying?

>rack up trillions in debt
>create a recession
>ruin the housing market
>dodge the draft, then advocate for war
>destroy the job market
>pollute the planet
>pretend that nothing has changed in the past 30 years
>"LOL WE DINDU NUTTIN"

You're in the minority, then.

The majority of boomers got divorced.

Boomers can't event take responsibility for their families, much less the poor choices they made while running the US into the ground.

>LOL WHO CARES IF DEY GOT DIVORCED, ITS MUH LIFE N MUH CHOICES NIGGAR

What a bunch of degenerates.

>"Just look 'em in the eye and give 'em a firm handshake!"
>go in and ask if they're hiring
>don't even get to see, let alone talk to a manager and are told "apply on our website", which is a polite way of saying "fuck off, we have 10,000 applicants fighting for 30 spots"

>it's not Jamal's fault he robbed that liquor store, it was his parents!
Do you know why Rasputia's son in Section 8 housing robs stores and Will Smith's son doesn't?

Do you feel that? It's called feeling retarded user, go hang your head in shame

I'm not a boomer though... I just think adults should act like fucking adults and accept personal responsibility. You know, like adults.

It is.

Can someome please upload that baby boobmers meme.

have you tried though? really tried? just take the help wanted sign off the window and walk in with a confident step and give the manager a firm handshake and tell him he can put the sign away. make sure your shoes are shined and you are wearing clean underwear.

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey.

Your generation has done more damage to society than both world wars and the great depression put together.

You people killed the entire planet and sold your children into corporate slavery but at least you have your fucking 401k's and your gated neighborhoods where the consequences of your ignorance and greed are kept far, far away from you.

Meanwhile everyone else is dying on the inside a little more every day, but that's ok, at least some old fat fucks who wanted nothing more than to spend their entire lives getting fat and soft in an office and signing right after right away for their children get to play with trinkets carved from the bones of a dead earth.

World-eater. Pain harvester. Meddler.

Get out.

>I just think adults should act like fucking adults and accept personal responsibility

Boomers don't do that, though, so why ride their dicks?

fucking kys

You're pretty fucking stupid then, aren't you?

Get over yourself. If you don't get an education that starts you out a few rungs up the ladder, that's you're own fucking fault. Nothing wrong with taking shit jobs when you're getting started; it's not advancing past those shit jobs that reflects poorly upon you.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Lace up you boots and tug on your bootstraps. You can be anything you want to be.

The only thin baby boomers did wrong, other than letting marxists invade the education system, was to allow social security and welfare to still exist while the country was in its most prosperous state in history.

I'm not defending boomers. Not in the slightest. I'm saying act like a fucking adult and show some god damn personal responsibility. You aren't a kid anymore. Grow the fuck up.

Sure thing lad. I'm not the one naming my failures on everyone else though.

Why are all you stupid fucks in this thread giving this troll replies? What is this, your first day here? Shit.

then by that logic their failure in leadership and parenting is actually the previous generation's fault and so on
fuck off and own up to your shit

LMAO
>this is what boomers actually believe

>I'm not defending boomers.

They're morons who thought they'd be young forever.

That's bullshit and you know it. The economy grows too slowly to just do whatever

Marxists invaded the education system in the late 1920's. Boomers had no control over social security and welfare because their parents and grandparents were for it after seeing so many despondent people in county poorhouses during the thirties and forties.

>it's your fault that we gave jobs to immigrants
Boomers sympathizers everybody

>don't get rid of social security despite it being meant as a temporary measure
>lose the only major war they fought
>completely lose control of the country's culture to kikes and commies
>expand every single facet of government to ridiculous proportions
>at the same time want to pay less taxes than the generation before them
>lose the only war they've ever fought in
>give amnesty to tens of millions of illegals
>don't defend and protect the border
>play kingmaker around the world and give us a permanent headache geopolitically

There has never been a more damaging generation than the boomers besides maybe the french during the revolution.

I never once defended boomers. I said you should show personal responsibility and accountability. You. I don't give a fuck about some old fag. You need to act like a fucking adult, not some kid still in high school. Grow up. Or dont, whatever. Enjoy your failures.

You're assuming people in this thread have failed and aren't just aware that quality of life has gone down by every conceivable metric.

We also know when the policies that fucked shit up were made and what generation is responsible for them.

It's not a high school kid's fault he can't get a full time job after graduation because of Obamacare and companies being too fucking greedy to pay up.

He's neither a voter nor a politician. He didn't lobby the government to ruin single payer healthcare. He didn't refuse to take a pay cut so his workers could get health benefits. He didn't flood the country with cheap immigrant labor.

Boomers did.

You don't need the whole economy to be the best you can be. All you need is to take the first step on your personal journey to excellence. That's what I did and it worked well for me. Good luck, sport.

You're missing the point.

The Greatest Generation set the Boomers up for success, which is why the Boomers succeeded and enjoyed an era of prosperity.

The Boomers set Millennials up for failure, which is why Millennials are failing and struggling in a resource-depleted world.

I'm gonna be responsible and work a cushy factory job to provide for my wife and kids after high school.
Oh wait-

11/10

No. All I'm saying is man the fuck up and get your own shit together. It isn't my job or anyone else's to do it for you. That's your own job.

>cushy factory job
Nigga....

You are not living in a resource depleted world, sport. There are more resources being mined and turned into goods than at any other time in history. If you are failing it is because you aren't trying hard enough, or because you have failed to properly invest in yourself. The weak should fail.

>could support a wife 2 kids, a house, dog, 2 cars, vacations, and savings with just a high school education
uh yes obviously?

>all i'm saying is a fucking meme from ancient times that has no bearing on reality
>it's not my fault we cleansed the earth with nuclear fire son, you'll just have to man up and farm in the radiactive wastes
>don't blame me you never got to be a big executive in a fancy office, you just didn't work hard enough to establish a brand new society as good as the one that somehow got destroyed in one generation

>only failures refuse to suck boomer cock like I do

i don't understand how anyone can defend boomers knowing they set up modern society to fail.

but the boomers setting up the millennials for failure is a failure on the boomers' part, no?
and if the failure for the millennials is simply set up by the boomers, then why isn't the failure of the boomers set up by the previous generations?

the economy sucks compared to the 50s 80s and 90s but it is NOT difficult to succeed

blaming someone else for your problems will ensure they don't get solved

Boomers are literally responsible for destroying the family unit and plunging the country into debts that will never be paid off.

The right wing mainstream media tongues their ballsacks.

Be 60-70. Buy a new 50k car, a 100k caravan, or give a fuck about a bunch of gen y faggots with tatts and faggoty beards.

Leftists gen ys are mostly to blame now because they are literally the biggest useful idiots since communist Russia started.

You can still do that. You didn't fall for the college degree meme did you? Well as an adult you signed a contract and you are responsible to pay it back, even if you failed out of gender studies.

Your analogy doesn't fit. Man up. You're an adult.

Read again you dumb faggot. I never once defended boomers.

nope, i'm an accountant. used to work in a factory. guess how long the days are now? 12 hours, 5 days a week. guess how many of the young guys are married and have house, cars, wife, kids. almost none.

>there aren't enough jobs being created to accommodate the new people entering the labor force each year, and boomer executives refuse to hire and train new people because that affects their bottom line
>LOL NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN THE PAST 50 YEARS, GOD BLESS RICHARD NIXON

>Parents are adults
>adults should accept responsibility.
>Kids shouldn't blame their parents.

I'm sensing you're a hypocritical retard.

Look, it's easy to say that but on the scale it is it's damaging.

Most of us will never be able to afford a house until we're middle aged, if ever at all.
Most of us will not get married until our twenties, if ever at all.
Most of us will not have children until our thirties or forties, if ever at all.
That is us taking responsibility, unless we decide to raise children without the means. For many of us that would quite literally mean under the poverty line. We cannot undo the damage, we can only vote to change it and hope those promises are followed through.

The housing market is lost to us. The job market is lost to us. Marriage is dying. We see that, we know that. We'll be last to the party, and things will only get worse for our kids.

>why isn't the failure of the boomers

The Boomers were prosperous because they were given a golden age of prosperity by the Greatest Generation.

The Millennials are not prosperous because they were given a gutted economy and degenerate culture by the Boomers.

>the economy sucks compared to the 50s 80s and 90s but it is NOT difficult to succeed

Why aren't you rich and living in a 3-bedroom house that cost you $38,000, then?

What you don't seem to realize is that I have a job and I live on my own. I have a car I bought with cash.

Which puts me in a higher income bracket than 50% of the entire United States. Which isn't good. I should be lower middle class making what I do but I'm better off than 50% of people around me.

I'm not blaming my failings on you.

I'm blaming the massive, soulless corporate bureaucracy I live in on the people who created it. I'm blaming the insurance extortion racket in the west on the people who created it. I'm blaming America's disastrous foreign policy and trade deals on the people who negotiate them. I'm blaming the huge flood of third world immigrants into the country as jobs move overseas to the people who create those policies and the people who outsource.

I'm not actually claiming that those things affect me at all. What you don't seem to understand is that it's actually possible to care about people who aren't you.

Sounds like a shit career. Now here's the lesson I'm getting at. You made that decision. Actions have consequences. You have no one to blame but yourself for that.

>Kids shouldn't blame their parents.
Correct. How are you struggling with this? You're an adult. Get your shit together you whiney faggot. So daddy hurt your feefees when you were a kid? I'm sorry :-(

>accounting is a shit career
HOLY FUCK. confirmed pants on head retarded.

Cream always rises to the top. If you aren't on top, it's because you don't have what it takes. If you can't provide for yourself, there is always the military where you can learn to be a man. Don't accept failure as your fate, make failure your inspiration.

HAHAHAH

Dude you're the one who can't take responsibility here. You literally have autism. Not meme autism, massive social failings caused by an ability to empathize with other people.

t. 70 year old

Because if people are the byproduct of their environment, then this is the environment they were raised in and thus it's responsible.

Likewise, if people are a byproduct of their genetics, then their parents are to blame as well.

If it's a mixture of both, then the environment and their parents are to blame.

This guy is obviously trolling. Nobody is that fucking stupid.

As they produced and consumed they got rich. Money can provide for old age, so kids aren't needed. When the economy is fail, people have kids (see third world). When economy is boom less kids more savings. Also add in The Pill + abortion.

>Sup Forums regular with no military service
>posts that he is the "cream" that "rises to the top"

>pic
This is a new sublime form of anger I am feeling

Cultural Marxism = Social Engineering
Original indoctrination program agains the West started by the KGB and groups such The Fabian Society (UK) and the Frankfurt School (U.S.).
youtu.be/y3qkf3bajd4

These are all things that baby boomers experienced and then made sure no one else ever would when they eventually became management.

So be the change you want to be. Vote to undo that shit. We have at least 2 years to undo that shit.

I never said that. He's bitching about his hours and shit. I said he has no one to blame but himself.

I empathize. They should also show some fucking responsibility. They made choices. They deal with the consequences. They're adults.

>bitching about shit hours

You need to learn what bitching means. Its a way to vent. Fuck off with whatever mentality you think is right for everyone else you troglodyte.

nobody is bitching about hours. every factory worker works 12x5
it's standard now.

I have watched this video many times, but I still can't get a handle on what this guy is saying.

How is the US demoralized, and why is demoralization a threat when there is no chance of Russian troops invading us?

Reminder that "pulling oneself up by their bootstraps" is meant to be used to describe an impossible situation

It's almost like you guys have never owned strapped boots before

FACT: babyboomer drugs were weak shit. I smoked a joint with my dad and my uncle one time and it put them both on the floor.

Okay, OP I have a theory on this, that basically explains the babyboomer phenomenon.

They are eternal teenagers.

This is different to Millennials, who appear to be eternal teenagers, but in fact never got to have a teenage, because they were being anally raped about the career they should plan for by age 10.

Babyboomers were able to walk out the house at 16, take a manual job and pay for a house, car, support a family, everything.

Then they could work their way up the career ladder and retire on middle management final salary pensions.

A good life.

The problem is, they started too young. By age 19 or 20, they were on their path for life. They believed they had "made it", that they were "a success".

They did not realise they had been handed everything by sheer good fortune of everyone else being killed in a war. So this created a problem - it set in stone their naive adolescent worldview - built of no life or world experience - that what they knew and did and believed was inherently RIGHT. It had worked out okay for them, so they must be right.

This created a phenomenally self-confident, but also naive and easy to hoodwink generation of adults who were never required to reach adulthood. "Midlife Crisis" isn't a thing that effects any other generation. It was simply a time in the 80s-00s when Boomers realised they were not, and never would be, young and attractive any more.

Babyboomers never grew up; got mugged in the 80s by Reaganomics and Thatcher's Big Boom.

>entire thread is bitching about how everyone else is responsible for how shit their lives are
>"lol fuck off telling what's right for other people!"
K

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Can't never could. Where there's a will there's a way, and that's an important guideline you youngsters should keep in mind. Why, for three thousand dollars you can set yourself up quite well in the lawn mowing business and make a couple of hundred dollars a day working by yourself. There is plenty of grass to be cut and fruit to be picked and what not.

While I know you're being facetious, your words make me feel warm and fuzzy

god u fucking losers get a job and stop blaming grandpa for you being neet social outcast failures

because it's good feeling remnants of a lost time?

I am 90% sure you are not old enough to post here now

That's the way they are intended to make you feel. They make me feel even warmer and fuzzier when I dispense such sage advice. It has been done this way since time immemorial.

Ummm. There is a generation in between millenials and boomers... Gen X. Anyone with a baby boomer patent is now pushing their 40's and early 5o"s. Maybe you are a blamegame loser because you are simply ignorant.

pretty much. remember Married with Children? how much of a loser Al was, working at a shoe store and supporting a family of 4 and a mortgage on a single income and still had enough for a 6 pack and snacks? what a loser...right?

Don't be mad guys. Boomers are retarded and incapable of personal responsibility. Few of them have saved any money and will be unable to retire, so they will come crawling back on their knees and beg for your help. That's when you tell them to stop being lazy and that they just need to get a full time job at 80 and pay rent if they want to live with you. Then you threaten to throw them out every time they do something that doesn't please you. It will be great.

i'm 31 and my parents are boomers because they were born in the late 50s user

>YOUZ SIMPLY IGNORANT

>for three thousand dollars you can set yourself up quite well in the lawn mowing business

Retard alert.

You aren't going to beat Jose's crew, which is already well-established and willing to undercut you because Jose can pay his illegal family member employees peanuts.

I bet you think that the fantasy of setting up a shoeshine chair in a mall is both feasible and good business model.

Unless you're sucking dicks, you're not going to make it as an independent businessperson in today's economy.

People like you are stupid because you can't separate rhetoric from factual information.

22 here
dad was born in the last year of boomers, 64