The Federal Minimum Wage should be $11-11.50 so the majority of Full Time workers can afford at minimum rent/utilities

The Federal Minimum Wage should be $11-11.50 so the majority of Full Time workers can afford at minimum rent/utilities

Why is this an unacceptable increase?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UW8o1AFgX9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzZlOKnYlw
youtube.com/watch?v=MHcgyI_Y3xI
youtube.com/watch?v=myg8Q0r8JnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=T8TwK_3LhuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aBZSiYYy1Jk
youtube.com/watch?v=_sxTbfeYdO0
youtube.com/watch?v=t8EMx7Y16Vo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jobs don't pay you for what you do,they pay you for what you know.

Any job a shaved monkey could do is worth the minimum wage.

because college graduates make that much

It's the minimum wage. Not the liveable wage. Minimum wage jobs are for teens and old farts. If you cannot find a better job or a promotion just kys.

>I don't know a few basic tenants of economics the post

take intro to micro and macro economics (usually 200 level classes) and learn about incentive as well as disincentive, inflation, division of labor, and value of labor (not marx's labor value theory because that one is shit.)

you'll get paid 11 bucks an hour when people stop agreeing to do the job for 10. and so on and so on

>minimum wage goes up
>fast food cashier replaced by machine
>cost of living goes up from increased cost of labor
>fast food worker has to spend more to survive and has no job
>job search is harder because entry level positions are tougher to fill with wage increases

>The Federal Minimum Wage
>federal minimum
>federal

because people dont know how to put the fork/wallet/creditcard/pipe/ down

Isn't that the perfect solution? The ones able and willing will rejoin the workforce, the ones that aren't have only two years on the government's dole before they are out. Considering most min wagers are on welfare, this is an easy way to reduce overall welfare loads within two years. If this is done properly during winter, the cold snap should kill those without family support off lessening even more of public infrastructure strain.

The elite doesn't care.

The minimum wage is way too low. What's even the point in working if you cannot afford to feed and house yourself? People who make minimum wage have to go on food stamps and other government programs.

I'd much rather businesses be forced to pay a livable wage than have the government give these people money.

Businesses should be forced to pay a livable wage to employees. This isn't fucking slavery. If you work 40 hours per week you should be able to feed and house yourself.

because some people dont generate that much revenue
Why shouldn't they be allowed to work

slavery costs too much. now i can pay people enough to feed themselves and now i don't have to clothe and house them

>not marx's labor value theory because that one is shit.
It's not just shit it has been unequivocally debunked for over a century and anyone who unironically mentions it or uses assumptions based on it should be laughed out of the room.
user were talking about the kind of retards that think you somehow have more health mana attack etc in an RPG if the numbers just have zero's added but the balance is identical.
But unlike in RPGs that add unnecessary 0s because"big numbers" minimum wage increases have distinct acute and widespread negatives as you described

>why is stealing not acceptable

Do we really have to answer that for you?

Though I don't agree with the push to a $15 minimum wage, I also know wages in general have not risen congruently to the rising cost of living over the past few decades.

You'd think that people would get the incentive to be a little more ambitious and acquire skills, however lots of people are content with just flipping burgers with the rest of their life. Minimum wage is fine for part time students like teenagers in highschool or those with mental disabilities. I don't really see why anyone would want to do that for the rest of their life, if they want to be paid better they should work for it not demand 11 dollar an hour wages.

If you're a college graduate and unable to get at least 15 an hour you're probably retarded

>why don't they just print more money maaaaaan

t. bernout

You're an idiot. The vast majority of those who are making minimum wage are teenagers and part-timers, neither of which needs a "livable wage." Furthermore, the only reason lazy fucks who have minimum-wage jobs need extra money is because they want to maintain their First-World standard of living.

You're a fucking idiot. You're robbing Peter to pay Paul when you suggest a business should provide welfare instead of the government. The consumers will always end up feeling the cost, no matter which corporate entity is responsible for it. If businesses have to pay the wage, they will simply pass the costs off on the consumer and the other employees.

You're a goddamn idiot. Fucking slavery would be if you didn't get paid at all. You should be able to fuck yourself, if your shitty job can't feed and house you than work more than 40 hours, you little bitch. I work 60 hours a week on a slow week. I would tell you to grow a pair, but you already cut off your last one, so what's the point.

Why not make a law that lowers the cost of everything? It's just as stupid an idea for the same reason.

Workers are underappreciated, collectivize and strike right now, no more fast food workers or retail workers, unionize now!!!!

See
The idea that some people are doing jobs at a skill level that simply doesn't have the money to be paid what you think they should is entirely lost on you.
Minimum wage just makes it significantly harder for these people to get a start and gain experience to actually make a "living wage" (which btw is almost exclusively a non term in political discussion which means nothing else but more) and just makes it more expensive for the lower classes to live.

Also thr idea that maybe just maybe welfare payouts are absurdly high to the point it creates a just above poverty trap where people have zero incentive to move up because they would have to have an over 50% pay bump before taxes just to nake up for lost income in welfare also seems to be lost on you.
The only idea you seem to have is "force people to give other people money because I'm uncomfortable with x first world non major problem."

Wendy's is so fucking good, their food was like Burger King tier before the recent facelift but now they finally have the best burgers in the west coast. Too bad their sides are fucking garbage though, none of their shit is worth consuming at all.

No, workers must be paid more than bread and water, while the owner eats bread with gold!

This is unacceptable, the worker produces 50,000 bread and gets a crumb as payment, they think the worker is weak, stupid, and easily exploitable while protected by their state, they will have no roads, no builders, no distributors, no farmers, no services, and no retail workers.

>can afford at minimum rent/utilities
Define this.

The only reason people are crying about these unskilled minimum wage service jobs not paying enough is because they are not supposed to be careers.

Leave the cities and go back to your own country. White people are not here to hold your hand at every bump in the road.

You will have no workers.

This.

The problem isn't the minimum wage as it pertains to flipping burgers or other menial jobs like lifeguard or whatever.

It's that office jobs or other career oriented work also pay minimum wage OR well below what is livable. You often can't get full time work, or if you do, it's not permanent.

And like the other poster said, wages haven't risen properly since what, 2002? Whenever the gas prices went nuts and I was in HS.

You produce bread using other people's machinery and skills. You're literally there to just follow a god-damned book. You have no investment into the company and no risk.

Tertiary, the worker produces it, and the worker gets a crumb when he made 50,000.

If the worker is not needed then there will be NO workers, labor will be collectivized completely.

>dat cheap and tasty late-90s chicken caesar salad with the cubed white meat
I could've eaten that every day.

>Define this.

Average rent costs outside densely populated urban cities in rural areas are on average $500-600

$11 an hour would afford a person to rent that place because you need an income that is 3 times the cost of rent. It would also allow for the finance of a used car given adequate credit.

Mcdonalls stated the cashiers are going to carry the food to people now like what Chick fil la does so they will be no job lost

>You will have no workers.
There are already teenagers and old people who want jobs.
A shitton of boomers are retiring and need something to do with their time. And I don't know what the fuck teens do to get a job these days, so more jobs available for them can't hurt.
Any other issues, the businesses can just adjust their prices/hours accordingly.

You making it does not matter. How about you front the cost for the machinery, infrastructure, ingredients, distribution networks, etc? Then the profits from those 50,000 breads you made is all yours.

They should do no such thing because the workers must rise up, and stop taking what they can force the workers to take, rather than the profit the worker produces.

youtube.com/watch?v=UW8o1AFgX9Y

It's not. Anyone who says otherwise is just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

They wont work, it will be illegal for capital owners to exploit individuals the workers will care for the worker to negociate our wages from our strengths and values not the power they hold over us.

Min wage workers aren't worth $11 and by making $11 the min wage you're eliminating every job under $11. So you're not helping anyone by taking their jobs away.

> outside densely populated urban cities in rural areas are on average $500-600
I don't even know where to start with this. Hours of time and gasoline wasted on commute. Stretching the "service" "industry" "career" meme to its utmost. Why not just get a job in the rural area?

>$11 an hour would afford a person to rent that place because you need an income that is 3 times the cost of rent
Everybody lies about this le-30%-rent boomer meme on their application to rent. Everybody. Landlords don't give a fuck if you do as long as you get the rent paid, hence the credit/criminal record check.

They will be worth much more when they stop making profits because all workers are collectivized.

>They wont work, it will be illegal for capital owners to exploit individuals the workers will care for the worker to negociate our wages from our strengths and values not the power they hold over us.
What the fuck are you even saying?
Owners are already exploiting as it is.
I know a guy who owns a Tim Hortons franchise. 80% of his staff are filipinos who rent rooms in two mcmansions that he owns. This is some twisted farm-to-table exploitation that needs to stop, and the best way to do it is to close the doors on racial underclasses working shit jobs.

Thread should end here

They wont be able to exploit anyone because we will liberate them from the exploitative capital owner, the workers will decide our pay from our power now.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzZlOKnYlw

OP is right. I'm not very empathetic to the people who work for the minimum wage, but the raise will help boost demand bottom-up. Which is also good for family owned businesses. Raising the minimum wage by 30% does not mean that the employers will spend 30% more, the figure will be significantly less due to multiplier effect (more sales cz more demand).

t. ex libertarian idiot who believed there should be no min wage

Because you don't have to pay self check out machines $11 an hour

A worker will NEVER work for bread and a roof.

youtube.com/watch?v=MHcgyI_Y3xI

What is poor people tax rate, 18-20% total depending on the State?

600 rent
300 food (let's pretend we're not making poor people eat fat and unhealthy so we're actually spending money here to be a human)
120 insurance
150 car payment
60 internet
60 cell phone
60 electricity
30 water/waste management

$1380 spent vs. $1408 earned

Didn't calculate gas or any other expenses. Assume you're a white male so you don't qualify for any welfare or food stamps.

>increase minimum wage
>fire all part timers and make people work fulltime
>half the people now out of jobs
good one

Then we will form a labor state elsewhere, we will NEVER abandon a worker.

youtube.com/watch?v=myg8Q0r8JnQ

I say put it at $10 and slowly raise it.

Because youre going to make everyone who's labor is worth less than 11$ an hour unemployed

>minimum wage
>federal increase
Yeah nah. Let states decide. Each state has a different situation and they should do this on their own in accordance with their own needs.

raising the minimum wage destroys jobs

There shouldn't be a minimum wage to begin with.

>Why not just get a job in the rural area?
Full time jobs in rural areas usually don't exist, especially with a wage increase to $11 an hour.
>Everybody lies about this
And the majority of people have to present a form of income verification so this is not true for most people.
See how close it is? Now just imagine if they had a second job and only needed to add a few extra hours.

Inflation you dumb fucking nigger.

Government shouldnt put a law that says
"11 dollars is minimum wage"
Its a contract between the employer and the employee, if you dont like/accept?
Well die of hunger you fag or demand 15 dollars

>$1408 earned

That's not $11 an hour per month income for a single person

dumb nigger there is no currency creation.

>college graduates
Wut?

What degree did they go for? Retard cum guzzling?

why do trumpcucks cherry pick so much?
white collar females increased by 40 times over the past century

Sup Forums again showing they have no legitimate life experience

Only rich billionaires support the minimum wage being that low

The workers should unionize and have complete power over labor and workers, just as the capital owner has full powers over his capital so to will the workers have full power over the worker, when they crash with no profits then they will turn to the workers and we will tell them the amount of pay required by a worker.

youtube.com/watch?v=T8TwK_3LhuQ

Capital is collectivized it's insane to not let labor to collectivize as well.

>tfw more pay for less work meme
>tfw part time 30 hour tax code
>tfw no benefits
>tfw they didn't ask for double their original pay
>tfw I'm still not going to coordinate schedules with all these "workers"

Would fire most and hire at 15-20 dollars so they don't leave for another part time gig.

>tfw Dave Single

because flipping burgers isnt a way to live,uneducated faggot.get a real job

this, otherwise massive unemployment will ensue

people like you will destroy your country user, there should be NO federal minimum wage, wage should be decided by state

dont fall for this meme, you will destroy your country like we destroyed ours

So everone who is working minimum wages jobs should kill themselves? Who the fuck is going to make your burger then? Or clean your office?

insult of work and workers, prison for you filthy enemy of the workers.

youtube.com/watch?v=aBZSiYYy1Jk

>there should be NO federal minimum wage

There should be, but I think it should be based on the companies net worth in brackets, not a flat rate.

Supply and demand eliminates the idea of minimum wage hikes being an effective idea. This country needs a maximum wage, not a minimum.

Because the fucking health insurance rates I pay for my employees has risen $3/hr the last two years. I tell my boys, 'Sorry, Obama got your raise.'

>meme
Workers are already "unionized" in USA, not all sectors, but most.
Try your idea
>fire all workers
>sell compamy amd equipment
>y-yes, is this japan?
>i would like to buy 10000 robots to create a digital slave factory
>???!
>unemployment
>???
>profit

T mcdonalds

Machines ofcourse, the communist era is here kek

And that minimum wage should be enough to live on

>>fire all workers
>sell compamy amd equipment
The worker union receives 80 million workers in its ranks and we establish labor communes for profits and work.

Nice gender studies

Why is America such a third world shit hole. I make $20 an hour as an 18 year old at a supermarket

Because your people have complete power over their selves while in here the workers are disposable rats.

Ironically, if all the people working minimum wage jobs killed themselves then the wages for minimum wage jobs would rise dramatically.

While it's important to recognize the utility lost by raising the minimum wage, it's also important to note the value of a dollar. There are many taking entitlements to game the system, but there are others doing so because they simply can't make ends meet. I'd rather McDonald's pay a living wage to their employees rather than them save costs by encouraging employees to gain government assistance because they don't want to give enough for that person to survive.

Everyone is going to make a living for themselves. Nobody's going to just keel over and die in a first world society like ours. We need to incentivize businesses to pay their employees well while also making sure workers put in the work to make a better living. It's a two-way street, the burden lays not just at the feet of the employee.

it's not unacceptable, but it would be like treating a symptom instead of the disease itself. though it might be a good band-aid, you should try to find the actual source of the problem.

Minimum wage should be abolished

That source being free market capitalism

When machines starts to flip burgers, cleaning toilets and other things I agree there should be no minimum wage.

>Minimum wage goes up
>Rent increases
>The amount you can lend from banks increases
>Shops increase the price of everything
>Inflation jumps up
>"We need a minimum wage of $20 an hour!"

Minimum wage is a bad idea in general, the only reason we need it is because of globalism bringing in people to work for nothing wages.

Insult of labor and workers needs to be abolished.

>mfw highschool graduate making 13$ an hour at amazon shipping center

Jealous cucks?

Why don't we just close all the fast food restaurants and see what happens?
Maybe all the unskilled niggers will commit crimes to get three square meals in jail.

Walmart is even worse than McDonalds in that regard. I've heard Walmart actively encourages its employees to seek government assistance. Meanwhile they reap major tax credits because, if Walmart went under, tens of thousands of people would be out of work and hundreds of thousands more poor people wouldn't be able to afford anything. Walmart is like its own shitty ecosystem that leeches off of the rest of the country.

Typical enemy of the worker exploiter, nothing needs to increase and shouldn't, rent itself is exploitation of the masses and must be abolished or limited to a flat rate, productions goods and services remains the same price.
youtube.com/watch?v=_sxTbfeYdO0

>raising the wages of a small fraction of the population will lead to runaway inflation!!!111111!!1!

I wonder who is behind this post.

Enemy of the worker, exploitative ideology.

youtube.com/watch?v=t8EMx7Y16Vo

>Amazon

zero integrity

>Establish labor communes
>Out of people too stupid to understand fast food jobs are ment for the elderly and highschool kids

No wonder communism isn't a thing, so desperate to prove it'll work this time you'll take anyone.

Absolutely. And you also have to remember that the more you earn the more you spend. So more money is getting spent on smaller business by the employees which stimulates the economy. What doesn't stimulate the economy is when people are sitting on their asses collecting welfare.

>$20/hr
>average housing prices over $400k

Its almost like the value of money is weighed against perceived value. Like if you had say someone who's work is essentially worthless, you basically say a wage of $20/hr is worth that worthlessness.

Why the fuck should I care? I literally stand in front of a fucking shelf putting orders in boxes for 6 hours a day and don't even wear a uniform.

Get on my level, faggot.

>implying you don't need people to flip burgers
Burger machines aren't available yet, even if you dream about them every night. Also,
>try to get some shit menial office job
>lmoa come back with five degrees and fifty years experience :^)
>try to get a wholesome American industry job
>whoops chinks and beaners stole them all
>apply for apprenticeship
>wait years before starving to death
>>>>go to university
>be crushed by debt and left with worthless paper
>born rich
>get comfy executive job at daddy's company
>born poor
>wallow is misery and poverty for lack of opportunities while rich 'intellectuals' call you lazy
Such is life in united burgers of america, land of the brave and home of the free