Depression

Just how do you guys cope up with debilitating depression? Lost my job, my closest friends don't want to come near me and I'm always feeling down whenever I'm alone or by myself. I do have a girlfriend I can relate to and a family by my side but it hurts to be like this when I haven't done anything wrong. I've been browsing Sup Forums as a means of outlet but at the end of the day, you just reflect that you've wasted your time doing nothing. What do you guys do to battle such things as depression and degeneracy of the world at the same time? Feels hopeless.

>inb4 an hero
>inb4 kill urself

I'm not at that stage yet. Not even taking meds because they should be taken as a last resort when you're about to lose your mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://alfeiospotamos.gr/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/135370661-Complete-Puzzle-of-ASBLP-File-of-2007.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjan5y489HQAhWji1QKHWwxADAQFghZMAk&usg=AFQjCNEqavmPSrKpAHIE1pnFRTZwlS6XXA&sig2=LQIQO1dK3jQbooYNl5v25g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

seek jesus. alls i can say

I know you're trolling but to take the bait, tried that. Literally got down on my knees and prayed. It lifts me up knowing someone more powerful than you helps you but the feeling starts again when I'm all alone. It doesn't help when you have no one to talk to. My closest friend is far away in another country and my circle of friends shunned me when I told them to stop being jackasses. I wanted to try some Depression Anonymous groups but there's none in my country.

apathy to everything in life, a type of informed nihilism mixed with the red pill and constant substance abuse, not even hard substances, but sometimes ill get really into tea or hydrocodone, or cigarettes

If you are really depressed and don't know why then I will tell you what to do.
>stop drinking any soda, none, drink something else
>go for walks every day, even if its just 10 minutes or 4 hours, go walk around and look at trees and think about random shit
>name the top 5 "sins" that you have that bother you and make you feel like a bad person, tell yourself that its okay and its human to do bad things sometimes, embrace it a little but also ask for forgiveness
>don't eat fake food, eat actual real food like plants and animals
>drink wayyyyy more water, just keep drinking it, it will clean the shit out of your system that is probably causing 60% of your problems

When you've lost everything you need to take something back. So take Jerusalem.

Get a personal relationship with god, keep talking to him

fentanyl

if you are drinkign and/or doing drugs you need to stop. I'm not saying things will improve if you stop, just that they won't while you're drinking or using.

Depression is a choice, so is all insanity, if you really want to, you will get better, but it may take some time.

Tried apathy before. It only makes things worse when you pretend you don't care but at the end, no matter what people on Sup Forums say, words do matter and their actions towards you. Won't even do drugs but as for your other advice, I'll give it a go. Thanks user.

Don't do drugs and alcohol, never did. I only drink in social settings (inb4 GTFO normie) but that's it. I just feel it's come to a point that all the weight of my problems has reared its ugly head.

I dunno man, taking the red pill seems to have made everything much worse in my case.
Find things to occupy yourself with so you don't have too much time to think about it

Yeah, hear that all the time with my family that happiness and misery is a choice. I try as much as possible to go outside but at the end, I'm still alone. I have no one close to talk to. That's what gets me.

Yeah, I'm trying martial arts with my gf this month and enrolling in some trade classes (welding). Hopefully I can make new friends and the depression stops interfering with my social interaction. That's really the best I can hope for, and some group therapy sessions if there are any in my country.

the best thing i can tell you is that you are going to die meaningless and worthless to the world and everyone in it except friends and family

so what you should do is "The Great Work"

basically work on something for a long time to leave behind to people, it can be anything from a novel to a sculpture to a 3d model of kek

even if you are not creative you can still find something to put hours and hours into like your house or something. the key is to put all your effort into it

>hit rock bottom
>literaly in the street covered in my own shit
>start hearing a voice in my head
>see i told you. i am all you have
>that voice was me
>now my entire world revolves around me never been happier, fuck everyone else

If only user. If some group organized ridding this world of Islamic scum then I'd join in a heartbeat, even if I'm not physically fit. At least I'd find meaning in life.

Whenever I get angry I find the biggest stone, throw it in the ocean let the waves swallow it whole, then it's gone.

Life is just a skimming stone, ups and downs as its thrown, sunk into the great unknown, till all regrets and bitterness is gone.

one of the most powerful men of his time and he complains about getting up in the morning lmao

Lift, run, study.

Working out/running releases feel good chemicals.

Studying gives you options.

If you still want to an hero, find local pedos or drug dealers and murder them before you die.

Leave the world better than you came in.

Also,

You're the most powerful race on the planet. Start acting like it.

This should cheer you up.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://alfeiospotamos.gr/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/135370661-Complete-Puzzle-of-ASBLP-File-of-2007.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjan5y489HQAhWji1QKHWwxADAQFghZMAk&usg=AFQjCNEqavmPSrKpAHIE1pnFRTZwlS6XXA&sig2=LQIQO1dK3jQbooYNl5v25g

Drop a load in your girl and make a kid

That'll get ur ass in gear u pussy

tfw redpilled my highschool friends real slow like starting as soon as I meet them.
tfw one of them took it too deep and now is a huge jackass who does nothing but lurk Sup Forums all day and has no future as well as suicidal depression

woops

I would unironically try and take the holy land-ie shoot random brown people-except i'm positive it would just be the child crusade all over again.

I work senpai. I make sure I've gotten something done so by the end of the day I do not feel like a complete waste.

Try picking up a hobby, and try make something. Engage with people online and talk about said interest. Make sure it translates to real life action, because only then will you be able to at the end of the day look back at the day and feel like you actually did something, not just shitposting threads that will 404 in 5h anyway.

Been dealing with it since i was 10 years old. 20 now. I havent figured that out yet

lol. That's the thing about successful men giving advice. I will take their advices with a grain of salt. Nigga, you're successful and have the world on your fingertips. They have NO idea what it's like to be depressed but just like to give "feel good" quotes to get attention in the annals of history. Yes, I'll try to get what they say in mind but it really won't help at the end of the day.

Kek. Might try that. At least I will have a kid before I die. I just don't want them to have no future though.

Make sure you hit the bottom without killing yourself. When you hit the bottom only way to go is up! (if you don't kys obviously)

Don't take life too seriously user, take it easy

SS + Gomad

do you dabble in prose that's some nice imagery

I suffered with severe depression several years ago contemplated suicide even and almost when through with it this happens to young men between the age of 19-25 usually all I can tell you is it gets better over time just stick through with it I promise things will get better maybe go backpacking or travel user .

Work out, it seriously helps a lot.

Lifting, memes and being too much of a pussy to kill myself

Vidya , gym, team sport where possible and throwing my everything into work. (as the latter isnt available to you I'd suggest family/education/volunteering or just hammering those job ads)

Even then there are times when something clicks in my skull and meloncholy is the best I can hope for. A seething pit of self hatred and desire to remove myself from existence being the average norm.

t. Dumbfuckshitstain who has no clue

Lifting and hookers.

Sup Forums sets the narrative for alternative news and raw ugly truth throughout the internet..

This is not nothing.

Waaaaah waaaaah

This is me slapping the shit out of you
This is you starting your intellectual journey
This is me raising the goal post
This is you getting angry
This is you thanking me

Stop
Crying
And
Find
Your
Niche

Don't have a kid if you haven't got your shit together beforehand. Having a kid doesn't magically make you better, and it ruins the kid's life, as well.

I recently started reading a book called "The Mindful Way Through Depression". If you're depressed, I suspect that you've dabbled with CBT before, and that you've also dabbled with mindfulness before. However, I would encourage you to try this combined approach. The effect for me has been different than when I was doing either one of these on their own. I've only recently started, but I feel as though it's making a small difference, and like it has potential if I stick to it.

At the very least, know that you won't ever beat depression by trying to think your way out of it. That is, in itself, the main symptom of depression, as far as I'm concerned (5+ years of experience, here).

>Depression is a choice
You are honestly an idiot if you believe this.
Set attainable yet meaningful goals for yourself. Having a solid sense of accomplishment is one of the best ways to bring meaning to your life. The goals don't need to be a daunting challenge to start with, but rather something simple and rewarding. I know it sounds rather cliche, but going to the gym helps many people and it might help you.

Pray to Jesus and get off of the Internet. Go to the gym and get a job. Don't sulk in self pity like there's something wrong with you, although there is. YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB...

HOW

Was thinking that but in the end, not being a nigger makes me think twice about putting another plate on the table without having the means to feed them.

>If you're depressed, I suspect that you've dabbled with CBT before, and that you've also dabbled with mindfulness before.

This is the first time I'm suffering through this. There were times I felt sad before (like gf leaving, death in the family, etc.) but not like this where you not only don't want to get out of bed and just sleep through, you don't want to do anything at all but just wallow in your own thoughts, which doesn't help at all. But you're right, I should start therapy soon, maybe through group sessions (which you and your fellow depressed anons find a solution together). Hopefully through that, we can form our own support groups to lean on and bond.

Easy for you to say man. Working while depressed will only make you more unproductive and add more stress in your life.

It begins with a feeling, just follow it

fap and play vidya constantly to hide the sound of my soul screaming in agony.

This is starting to sound like some SJW Joel Olsteen altruistic inspirational poster.

Kek, for a minute I thought you might actually have some meaningful insight

If this is the first time you've been properly depressed, CBT is something you'll see mentioned about as often as exercise and proper nutrition. Don't be disheartened if bare bones CBT doesn't work for you. It doesn't work for a lot of people, and I think the reason for this is because it unintentionally teaches people to argue with their thoughts. This might work in the short term, but it doesn't help in the long run – in my experience, at least. I'd recommend that you check out mindfulness-based CBT if you're the type who has problems with rumination and excessive thinking.

Whatever you choose to do in the end, keep in mind that depression is a very personalised illness. Different things really do work for different people, who become depressed in different ways. Don't lose faith. As long as you keep looking, you'll eventually stumble across something that helps. Good luck, user.

s-stop

There are many helpful suggestions on this thread. But don't be afraid to seek medical help at this point.

I've suffered bouts of depression all my life, and at some point, seeking medical help is really the best way to help yourself.

If you are religious, their are psychiatrists who will help you with your spiritual needs in mind. If you are secular, there are plenty of folks out there. The best way to find someone decent is to ask your regular doctor if you have one.

Don't be afraid of medication. At the point you are at, your brain chemicals are probably out of balance, and one way to get them in balance before you do something stupid is with the medicine. It isn't like you have to take it forever. You just need a little help to get you going on the right path right now.

An older friend.

You're a very brave man for waking up each day. That should be enough.

Made me laugh legit. T-t-thanks for making my day I guess?

Yeah man, thanks for the support. Didn't know Sup Forums was willing to help out. Truthfully, this was just all to vent. I got some nice responses in this thread. Have a great day anons.

Just tuck it away somewhere so it can manifest itself as a neurological problem giving you stroke-like symptoms and constant skullcracking migraines

>>/r9k/

I have a gf dude. My problems stem far more than not getting a vagina.

/r9k/ is a bunch of faggots who are just sad about not having a girlfriend or are just jealous of successful people. I'd be shocked if even 1/3rd of the people there suffer from actual depression.

seek the church, sounds like a meme but Christ heals all. I started going to Church in the last month or so and ive been feeling better and better about myself, especially the sense of community it gives.

been exactlt where youu are plenty of times. iv found high intensity taining helps massivly. it boosts your metabolism so your too restless to sit around and be depressed. starting out with a workout routine is daunting, but just remember you can half ass it at first if that's all you can do, i did and now i can do a considerable number of reps. just remember to break it up with rest days so you don't burn out and slip back into that hole. "one does not fly into flying, first one must learn to crawl, then to walk, then to run" one step at a time.

what kind of church, if you don't mind

Mind telling me what church this is? I live in a predominantly Roman Catholic country, but the Catholic churches here don't give out the same sense of community vibe like the protestant and fundie churches i know of in America. Sadly, church services here is mostly just tradition where you sit in a pew 1-2 hours every Sunday. You don't even get to talk with your fellow congregants.

I'm baptised Roman Catholic and I go to a Catholic church as well. My church has a sweet sense of community. Just today i was the only person who went to mass at my church, the priest and I spoke for about 2 hours after finishing mass. Its in a small town so that may have something to do with it.

The walking that this user mentioned is a really good idea. Just take in nature if possible.

Working out helps too, honestly.

>internet hug

Life is up and down I guess. Hopefully I'm finished being down for a while.

Hope it gets better for you.

Did you teach yourself the training or hire someone. Online videos?

Refer to Also, sometimes you have to reach out to other patricians first. Make yourself available, spread the peace of christ and love of him too.

I'm clinically depressed too. I recommend that you look into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). It's something best done with a therapist, but you can learn about it abd apply the principles on your own. I don't go to a therapist anymore but reading the workbook we used together helps me remember the tools for managing depression.

parishioners *

I'm jelly user. Wish there's a church like that here. Sadly, when at least 99% of your people flock to the same churches, there's no room to socialize anymore, just like mega corporations with thousands of employees but you only know around 10 of them and maybe being close to only 2 or 3 of them.

Ever heard of absurdist theory user?

My personal philosophy is, fuck it, let's see how far the rabbit hole goes.

Along the way, I make my outward appearance seem positive with heavy doses of satire and cynicism towards life.

I reccomend small communities, move man.

Is there any way to seriously treat depression without meds?

I fear I may be cooking something bad because there was a time when I felt bad, but now I dont even have the drive for anything and feel constantly nauseated.

I even thought it was a physical thing and did test and I am perfect healthy.

Finding Sup Forums and some boards ehre especially pol really helped me hoever.

And Trump wining gave me some relief. But the fact I dont feel anything unless is getting me worried. I feel completely blocked.

And I have a job.

I should ahve joined the military perhaps, my dad did and he says it helped him immensely.

Sorry for the rant.

BeeJolli

Will try bro. Thanks for this, I really need it in my life right now. If there are any convents or monasteries in here, I might just move to one and seclude myself towards a spiritual/religious life first and let go of the ways of the world.

OP. Life is a gift. You didn't have to do anything to receive it. You didn't have to stand in line, you didn't have to fill out paperwork or ask special permission or anything.

And, God didn't ask for anything in return. Your life is completely yours and you can do anything you want with it. You can be as rich or as poor as you want. Also, you wouldn't understand how good things are if you didn't have bad things happen. The bad in life DEFINES the good.

Finally - you weren't born crippled, you weren't born a midget, you weren't born blind or autistic or forever alone. The depression is just self-defeat, things are much better than you realize and you have MANY opportunities to make other people and your God proud of you.

giver shit bud, you can also practice at home dont forget

just read some online articles.

Fool. Take meds. I was in your shoes, went on citalopram for six months and it let me think clearly. It makes you a bit numb (didn't affect my sex drive thankfully) and let me make changes in my life.

I've always been prone to low moods, when I got sick from it I went to the doctor. The longer you take getting help, the more time you have wasted.

Why walk around all day with a headache when you can take a painkiller? What does it prove?

Nb: don't go on endless meds. Do six months to a year and sort your shit out

Everyone IS a bad person. Even just one sin(which many would consider "minor") will take you directly to hell. Fortunately, God made atonement for sinners on the cross. Christ lived a perfect life, completely free of sin, and then died, and saved sinners have that life and death completely imputed to them so that God can declare people righteous and take them to heaven. Believe and trust Christ and His work on the cross for you, and you will have eternal life

Writing books.
If I wouldn't have started it one day I would be dead by now.
So basically do whatever you are best it, for me it is writing dunno what it is for you, you'll have to find out.

Drink. Pretty sure the drinking and/or depression has made me a bit insane by now.I just want to eat anti-anxiety meds and sleep every waking second of the day.

I've been chronically depressed since I was like 10 years old. Also horrible anxiety. I'm 30 now. Thinking back it's a wonder I've made it to where I am now, a family and a good job battling this war in my head literally every second of every day.

It's also depressing to know I could've been much more without my fucked up brain.

I'll recommend the same advice to you that I gave to OP. Setting goals and accomplishing them will help give you a sense of fulfillment in your life. Start with something small, but also useful that you might enjoy doing. Going to the gym and maybe setting a goal to increase your bench by 30lbs or maybe you enjoy running and you want to complete a 5K under a certain time. Exercise helps the body and setting goals helps the mind so by doing both together you'll have a better sense of wellbeing.

dont recommend pharmacotherapies without knowing the etiology of depression user is experiencing. Quite dangerous in some cases

>Mr. Vodka as ID
>dubs

Is kek speaking to us?

Too close to home desu senpai

go shoppin...women be shoppin, and theyre all happy as fuck

Martial arts is the answer

Lightweight.

Get back to me when you've lost your job, gotten divorced, charged with a felony and facing 20 years in prison, gotten chlamydia, and your cat's been diagnosed with diabetes.

You're like a little baby.

>I do have a girlfriend

REEEEEEEE! GET OUT!!!!!

haha, seriously though, she's probably cheating on your beta ass. faggot.

Yeah I should really pick up something again. I used to love mountain bike.

But the nausea is really debilitating.

I even used to have the energy to just go deep into books like Heidegger and Ontology, which is a passion of mine but I feel even worse.

Its not nihilism, but I need some relief. I think having two failed relationships really fucked me over unconsciously.

Anyway thanks user.

Smoke weed

That will just make it worse in the long run.

He needs something that could help define him and shape him up better, a HEALTHY outlet.

I'm intrigued.

Tell me what you do for a living and how you spend your time.

Recommendations?

Are you able to write for a living?

This is going to sound really stupid, but I struggled with crippling depression and anxiety for years before I came to /pol about a year ago. This board redpilled me pretty damn fast and I discovered that I was living as a miserable degenerate who was utterly cucked by society. I started to become proud of my race and my heritage. I started to walk with my head held high. I started exercising. I stopped using drugs. I lost weight. Started to get attention from girls that I hadn't had in several years. I quit my shitty job and started working toward a real career. Just got my first career-level job last month. Started going to church (inb4 christcuck). I almost don't recognize who I was a year ago. I certainly don't look like the fat lazy degenerate that I once was. I guess the moral of the story is that the cure for depression is to become a National Socialist. You have to believe in yourself, but even more than that you have to believe in your people.

You're the worst kind of person. Nobody cares how bad you've had it, especially when you go around comparing your problems to everyone else's.

Fuck off.

You first, bitch.

Eat Lsd twice a week, a quarter of a tab each time. It's called microdosing

Leave humanity behind and ascend to ubermenschen

Also don't go to the gym, it's a Jewish scam. Instead go to reddit bodyweight fitness and do the recommended routine. It's free, fun, easy, rewarding and only takes 3 hours a week. Do that for a year or two and you will look like ubermenschen

Synthetic & natural happyness

What do you do for a living that is rewarding? No sarcasm I'm really curious.

It sounds cliched as fuck but a good chat really can help. Maybe your wife or a close friend or a counselor you can trust.

My friends helped me get through it. Knowing that lots of people have the same anxieties can be a real help.