US Education severely behind developed world

>USA
>intellectual capital of the world
>doesn't learn multiplication until 6th grade

explain yourself

i was amazed when i moved to the US and had to sit through maths i learned in second grade.

Yes, in NL you learn multiplication before elementary school.

In the US you learn multiplication in middle school.

why is this allowed?

How do they not know algebra by 6th? I hope to God you are lying, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I learned the basics in 2nd grade, what the fuck at you talking about ?

education is dumbed down for nigs and spics

Oh yeah? How many certification in Skip Counting do you have?? I have five. Your a moran.

massachusetts public school

6th grade was the last year i was allowed to attend by my mom.

we also would have weekly bomb threats (some kid would write it in the bathroom stalls)

she was horrified

and put me in private catholic school afterwards

When did this happen? I'm pretty sure we were learning multiplication by at least 3rd grade, if not second. My brother has to learn that ass backwards common core shit, but he was learning multiplication by then too.

I think you were in a special ed school if it took you that long to learn multiplication. Sorry for having to find out this way.

2000-2001

should have been more specific

i'm not really talking multiplication

but the tables

kids literally had issues with learning 7x8, 8x8, and 9x8

Huh? I remember learning multiplication in 3rd grade. How much did the school system change?

Wtf, we did that in 1st grade here, and the Emus didn't even give back the number 11 until 1978

Oh look, it's toothpaste nigger from the chinese thread.
In NL you learn multiplication around American 2nd grade, get enriched by a rapefugee, faggot.

We have to slow it down so the mongrels that are here and the ones sneaking in, or being shipped in, can keep up.

This way, everyone is equally dumb.

HHAHAHHAHA NO NEED FOR STUPID WHITES TO LEARN ANYTHING THEY ONLY EXIST TO PLEASE THEIR BLAKC MASTERS
HOW CAN WHITE BOIS EVEN COMPETE WHITE WOMEN WHERE MADE TO BE FILLED WITH RICH AFRICAN SPERM I LOVE TO JERK MY PATHETIC LITTLE KUK WHILE MY PRETTY WHITE FIANCÉE GETS POUNDED RAW BY OUR BULLHOW CAN WHITE BOIS EVEN COMPETE WHITE WOMEN WHERE MADE TO BE FILLED WITH RICH AFRICAN SPERM I LOVE TO JERK MY PATHETIC LITTLE KUK WHILE MY PRETTY WHITE FIANCÉE GETS POUNDED RAW BY OUR BULLHOW CAN WHITE BOIS EVEN COMPETE WHITE WOMEN WHERE MADE TO BE FILLED WITH RICH AFRICAN SPERM I LOVE TO JERK MY PATHETIC LITTLE KUK WHILE MY PRETTY WHITE FIANCÉE GETS POUNDED RAW BY OUR BULLHOW CAN WHITE BOIS EVEN COMPETE WHITE WOMEN WHERE MADE TO BE FILLED WITH RICH AFRICAN SPERM I LOVE TO JERK MY PATHETIC LITTLE KUK WHILE MY PRETTY WHITE FIANCÉE GETS POUNDED RAW BY OUR BULLHOW CAN WHITE BOIS EVEN COMPETE WHITE WOMEN WHERE MADE TO BE FILLED WITH RICH AFRICAN SPERM I LOVE TO JERK MY PATHETIC LITTLE KUK WHILE MY PRETTY WHITE FIANCÉE GETS POUNDED RAW BY OUR BULLHOW CAN WHITE BOIS EVEN COMPETE WHITE WOMEN WHERE MADE TO BE FILLED WITH RICH AFRICAN SPERM I LOVE TO JERK MY PATHETIC LITTLE KUK WHILE MY PRETTY WHITE FIANCÉE GETS POUNDED RAW BY OUR BULLHOW CAN WHITE BOIS EVEN COMPETE WHITE WOMEN WHERE MADE TO BE FILLED WITH RICH AFRICAN SPERM I LOVE TO JERK MY PATHETIC LITTLE KUK WHILE MY PRETTY WHITE FIANCÉE GETS POUNDED RAW BY OUR BULLHOW CAN WHITE BOIS EVEN COMPETE WHITE WOMEN WHERE MADE TO BE FILLED WITH RICH AFRICAN SPERM I LOVE TO JERK MY PATHETIC LITTLE KUK WHILE MY PRETTY WHITE FIANCÉE GETS POUNDED RAW BY OUR BULLHOW CAN WHITE BOIS EVEN COMPETE WHITE WOMEN WHERE MADE TO BE FILLED WITH RICH AFRICAN SPERM I LOVE TO JERK MY PATHETIC LITTLE KUK WHILE MY PRETTY WHITE FIANCÉE GETS POUNDED RAW BY OUR BULL

We were doing basic algebra in the sixth grade.

We had to know the multiplication table in the second grade.

Common core slowed everyone way the fuck down to try and keep the niggers and non-English speaking spics up to date.

>explain yourself

we can't leave all these exactly biologically equal children behind!

I teach 3rd grade. Kids learn multiplication in 2nd grade.

Sorry you were in special ed.

> doesn't learn multiplication until 6th grade

False. I lived in a state that was like 48th in education and I learnt it in 2nd grade.

SWEDEN YES

Shit, I learned my timestables in the 2nd grade! That was 28 years ago. Have we really gotten that bad?

I learned about multiplication in 2nd grade.
It's sad how politicians ignore something so important in America.

>doesn't learn multiplication until the 6th grade
I learned multiplication in first grade. Then again I also went to private school where there were no trayvons or pedros.

>>doesn't learn multiplication until 6th grade
We learn that in third grade.

Did they chain you to a desk and make you watch Barney videos too?

Not sure where the fuck you were, dude, but we learned that shit in 2nd or 3rd grade here in the good 'ol USofA.

Maybe it's because our public education system is desperately trying to be more "European" that they're failing now, because shit, back in the 1980s, we were taught multiplication at age 9.

I learned the basics in 1st grade, expanded slightly in 2nd, and memorized multiplication facts up to 12*12 in 3rd grade
please stop going to special education schools

In PA, we had to know the multiplication tables up to 12*12 in 3rd grade. I don't remember when we learned how to multiply though.

Googles.

/thread

The US used to teach multiplication in 3rd grade...

then Obama took office.

So either you went to a school in Milford Massachusetts, or you're pulling this out of your ass.

Massachusetts has consistently had some of the highest SAT/ACT scores and their schools normally are ranked number 1 in the US, unless the school is filled with spics and the like.

You kidding me nigger?
Here in Mexico we learn them at first grade, don't think they are worse than that when our education system is so shitty. Maybe it's because I went to a mostly white school but still.

When I was in 2nd grade, we learn multiplication. It probability that many kids today are full of retards, that every elementary school math teachers just get rid the course and just slack them off to become future retards.

Heh, really now?

Common Core is turning brains to mush

3 x 5 is no longer 15. Look at the way to do it in common core, its freaking insane.

Here's a "repeated addition" Common Core problem that's taught in third grade in US schools:

Use the repeated-addition strategy to solve 5x3.

If you answer the question with 5+5+5=15, you would be wrong.

The correct answer is 3+3+3+3+3.

Mathematically, both are correct. But under Common Core, you're supposed to read 5x3 as "five groups of three." So "three groups of five" is wrong.

Sixth grade? I learned it in third. You must have been in the remedial class. And if you learned it BEFORE elementary, that would be preschool, maybe kindergarten, not second grade, in US. Sounds like you're making it up.

Those kids' brains are gonna explode when they learn about dat commutative law...

This is seriously fucked up. Whoever came up with this should be shot.

wouldn't it just be best to memorize all your addition/multiplication operations for numbers 0-10 or else you'll have a hell of a time doing higher level maths?

i learned to multiple in kindergarden, isnt that hard.

and i was never taught the way tthe OP pic is, i assume that lesson is for teaching niglets

2nd/3rd is multiplication and division
if you werent braindead you were doing algebra 1 in the 6th/7th grades.

>and put me in private catholic school afterwards

How much sex did you have?

Right before christmas in 3rd grade we had a party where you got certain items for each number.
She'd ask you the number multiplied between 0-12 in a random order and if you didn't get it that day you had to wait until the next day to try that number again.
You had to have the numbers 2,7,10 and an additional number to attend.

no a white town in central MA

which is why it was so mind blowing how dumb everyone was

private school was much better

did algebra 2/pre-calc as a freshman in high school

i moved to the US for elementary school and felt like i went back in time

We can't make kids do times tables, long division, and whatever it's called when you put one number above another on a line for multiplication cause it's racis

I learned it in first grade along with long division slowpoke.

I went to school in MA and I've lived here my whole life
Pretty sure you were in some kind of special ed class

I remember doing long division in 4th or 5th grade, I'm sure multiplication then or earlier. GATE classes too. Math Field Day, 1st place Co-op Logic.

>mfw american kindergardeners can't grasp inter universal teichmüller theory

no it was an honors 6th grade math class, for example i scored a 2320 on my SATs

anyway thanks for all the (you)s i can go to bed peacefully now knowing not every school system is retarded in the US

just a memory i had, i'm drunk xD!

Nice troll thread.

I once spoke to a non-American for a few minutes, and they seemed pretty dumb. Why is every single human that wasn't born in the United States literally retarded?

Lots has changed since the late 80s when I was a 2nd grader....and learned multiplication....In addition, I have a child in the 5th grade who learned multiplication in the 2nd grade also.

So what changed in the last 3 years again that someone from the Netherlands is more informed on USA's education system than I am?

unfluoridated water

As much as I hate to admit, this netherlandian is correct. For God's sake, I was being schooled on how to multiply when I knew the answer in my head, but the cunt failed me because I didn't show my work and was not following her step by step to solve the problem. I was in 4th grade and the smartest cunt in my class. I was doing algebra in this period by myself because I found my sister math books and tried to replicate it on my own. Holy shit when I was the only one that actually pass some benchmark test a few grades higher I was congratulated, but deep down I was disappointed in my classmates that I was the top in scores. How could this have happened? I would have preferred if I was dead last.

What's worse is when I saw my niece's bullshit step-by-step math problem solver. They make them do some dumb shit like lines that confuses the poor kid even more. I swear the jews in command are either oblivious to that shit they make this poor kids do or are trying to dumb them down, and I am leaning towards the latter.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

not true

i learned multiplication tables in first grade and long division with remainder in 2nd grade

>In the US you learn multiplication in middle school.

You must be poor as shit to have gone to such a nigger tier school

Because rednecks are dumb faggots who insist on magical thinking being taught and liberals drag the rest down with crab bucket mentality

Best bet for education is to live in a politically neutral area. Anywhere ideologues get put in charge of education, it rapidly turns into hilariously amusing failures

In Texas, a state that ranked around halfway up the charts of the American education system. We still learned multiplication in the third grade and were expected to master its method by the fourth.

We might have been able to do better but it sure as hell was not middle school.

(side note: Still concerning that Texas ranks mediocre on education standards, as Texas is responsible for the entire country's education standards)

Gotta love the VPN copypastaing this thing all over the place, twat

Lol i saw you posting this on the china thread

i got taught multiplication by my dad when i was that age but yeah for the most part we didn't cover it until later because of nigs

All joking aside, is this legit really happening in middle school now? I know I learned this shit in 2nd or 3rd grade. I've got kids but they're not in grade school yet.

Underrated

Sounds like a new thing, I learned algebra in 4th grade when I went to school.

This. US education stats lead the world when broken down by race (our blacks are smarter than blacks in Africa, our Asia do better than Asians in Asia) and trail the world when completely different data sets are muddled. This by itself is a powerful argument against diversity.

Ya mate I grew up in massachusetts and I was learning the multiplication table in 3rd grade, and perhaps some in 2nd grade.

19 fag so it wasn't that long ago I guess.

my school in Missouri didn't teach us Algebra till year 1 highschool. not shitting you