Why don't we eat insects?

Why don't we eat insects?

They're nutritious and cheap/easy to farm.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DQeyjgSUlrk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmine
youtu.be/curh4CAJIbU
youtube.com/watch?v=VBf-Gelm5fE
core77designawards.com/2012/recipients/ento-the-art-of-eating-insects-2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because we have better food.

Go ahead and be like niggers in Africa if you want, no one is stopping you.

yeah, nah. Just can't bring myself to eat insects like a fucking animal.

fucking aye
we should

easier to catch 1 goat than 5000 crickets

>Go ahead and be like niggers in Africa

niggers in africa don't eat insects, if they did they wouldn't be having famines all the time.

I am allergic to crustaceans.

I am afraid to try other arthropods.

>not farming them
implying prawns aren't ocean bugs

Exoskeletons are gross.

texture

think about it next time you have some crispy fried chicken

we do
they're yum
allergies are psychosomatic

Shrimp are ocean bugs

Go ahead. I'm all set.

Because they're too small to remove the shell and offal.

If you eat a bug, you're basically munching on the shit in its intestines, the poisons accumulated in its tiny liver, and the disgusting hemolymph in its veins. There's almost no wholesome meat on them.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmine

no one is stopping you from catching roaches for dinner, abbonigger

>mexican intellectuals

I remember reading somewhere that chocolate is aloud to be 10% insect because there is a bug that lives in the shell of the bean and its too hard to get them out

eat them yourself you cunt

>niggers in africa don't eat insects
do a search for mosquito burgers you stupid abbonigger

Burgers. I eat burgers.

and they wonder why malaria is so prevalent

Your flag is already showing.
Burger education at its peak.

How can you even think about preserving the white race on a Martian colony if you can't even stomach the idea of eating insects famalam?

Red food dye is derived from the shell of a South American beetle. It doesn't bother me one bit, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna eat grasshoppers while steak is cheap and easily available

Explain that to my trachea as it swells shut.

delete this

what
why

i think bugs will become more of a thing sooner or later. probably in the next 30 years, insects will be a much larger percent of global consumption. it makes sense in a lot of ways

really good point, but an insect could be selectively bred for specific body parts. locusts legs, just an example. and how does this differ from shrimp in any way? oysters. raw fish. these are staples for millions of people currently.

spacex pls go

what if they were smashed up and made into a hotdog or a hashbrown type thing?
that'd be cool
mixed with spices and a dipping sauce

Agreed.
Its like eating crabs with shells and all.
No thanks

Pretty accurate. Im in China for business often, and bosses always want me to try every animal possible.

Bugs are pretty flavorless and chewing the shell and intestines ruins the "meat" part. Turtle, snake, lizard all suck too.

Snails are OK but the French already discovered that. Baby pidgin is good, like the dark meet of a turkey.

high protein/nutrition yield for the grain and water you feed it

Because we live in a time where food is easily accessible and abundant. You'd have to eat a shit-ton of bugs to get any nutrients from them. Plus they taste like shit

Typically, yes, but grasshoppers can be cleaned quite easily. The meat is, surprisingly enough, concentrated in those meaty legs.

A couple of problems though, People are legitimately grossed out by it, from the fact that we just aren't used to it I guess. I mean I am legitimately grossed out thinking of it. But I'd rather chow down on grasshopper legs than crab legs and lots of people love crab, so how bad could it be? But still that makes it real hard to get any sales going.

Also you gotta harvest a LOT of grasshoppers to make any weight. Hard to see how you could really make this a sustainable enterprise, even if there was a market for it.

MOOOOODS

like you'd even notice

Why haven't starving africans eaten all the bugs that are around yet? There are things like mosquito burgers and all that jazz, but it doesn't seem like all of them are really doing it.

i want to colonize io or titan and harvest space whales for my space restaurant. likely there are space crabs if anything there though, which is ok but not perfect.

>year of trudeau
>not eating african mosquito burgers

Because eating bugs isn't efficient and a lot of them are poisonous and offer no nutritional value to us. Why farm millions of bugs to be able to eat for a week when you can spend that time farming food that will last you a year?

I was allergic to a lot of stuff
Take a placebo and get cured

Reminder that if you eat shrimp, lobster, or crab you are eating ocean bugs

if it's just going to be like shrimp then it wont make much of a difference on the total consumption, since that's a specialty food.
Almost no one in the west eats raw fish

FEED ME THOSE BUGS, MOMMY

the future of American cuisine

youtu.be/curh4CAJIbU

algae and aquaponics

Never needed to, prior to a elongated patrol, made me rethink that. I would do it of necessary, we roasted several insects, ultimately they all tasted of sand. It was very gritty, even after washing them. Still, it ultimately kept me up and running. We had one dude who wouldn't eat any of it. He fell asleep during a firefight, med evacuated two days later.

Snails aren't bugs anyway. Not that it would bother the French at all if they were, they eat some pretty strange stuff as it is

Mostly due to disease, it may be a stereotype that most africans are cavemen it is half and half, there is sometimes rare minorities in africa who actually use their brains and not their instinct when it comes to nutrition

I'd eat one
You cant get malaria from ingesting them senpai, your stomach will break down the bacteria.

Micro-Pepe?

fried grasshoppers are great

you can cultivate single celled organisms and then compress them to form a meat like substance

Because we have good food.

Abbo detected. I thought you people couldn't use computers.

youtube.com/watch?v=VBf-Gelm5fE

shrimp i see daily, raw fish comes in sushi which i see weekly or more

i see where you're going, but i don't live in germanistan. i live near the coast and we eat seafood often. most of humanity lives near the ocean. none of this is subjective reality

Breading doesn't get stuck in your teeth, unless you have Brit-tier dental problems.

Kek

In Scandinavia and the Baltic states pickled herring is common, it's raw but pickled so I guess it's close to ceviche.
On Sweden raw salmon Cured in salt, sugar and dill (gravlax) is also very popular.

I imagine insects wouldn't be bad if they were mixed in with other stuff

>2016
>he doesn't eat crickets and mosquitoes in his house.

By the way, rats are nutritiousness as well.

>Why don't we eat insects?

Who's stopping you? Theres plenty of insects in Australia, knock yourself out kid.

because they prefer starving

pickled herring doesn't contain any of the organs though, right? we have that too.

I eat them occasionally
They taste good kid, high in protein too

reminder that if you eat lobster/crab/shrimp/crayfish/etc, you are eating bugs

Fair point

i was going to say also, russians eat that salted fish with some vodka. it's a soft jerky kind of fish that you pick at. i didn't mind it growing up but nothing i'd plan on my own. pickled fucking whale blubber

go ahead. why don't you?

>All these degenerates arguing against the most nutritious and economical source of protein because of "MUH FEEFEES"
kys

Well some insects maybe. A lot of them are territorial and will kill each other so they cannot be farmed.

I'd get sick from even trying, so there is no nutrition benefit for me. I'd be losing calories in vomit.

I associate insects with parasites and disease now. Even though I know the contrary is possible with farmed creatures.

Good thing nobody gives a shit about insect rights, we can farm them in extremely compact spaces, with greater environmental controls whatnot. The insects can then be processed into something like link related to get over the ewww factor:

core77designawards.com/2012/recipients/ento-the-art-of-eating-insects-2/

top kek

Why do we have 7 billion people on earth? They're expensive and everyone could have higher quality of life if there were a lot less.

Get yerself a bug zapper and you'll never go hungry.

Because the only place you can get them are hipster as fuck and more expensive than beef jerky.

also, reminder that eating insects is completely unnecessary thanks to the increase research that's going into lab grown meat

>no animals suffering
>these lab grown muscle tissue is grown by feeding it only sugars
>no harmful bi products (methane)
>less land use
>not disgusting like bugs
>no risk of getting sick (lab meat is completely sterile)

lab meat is the future bois

>literally no one in the thread

Yeah, as if you needed google to tell you that was a taco

you need
1) a net type of thing
2) lots of mosquitos
3) a fireplace and gutter oil

This leaves many africans without the option of mosquito burgers. They could still eat fat insects from trees, which they probably do. But that doesn't really fill the daily requirement of calories. Collecting small insects requires a lot of work so that's not an option either.

why are whitie decreasing but niggers are holding steady?

No, it doesn't.

Are you Mexican? Do they really eat grasshoppers that often? I prefer steak tacos

>20 “‘Don’t eat insects that have wings and walk on all four feet; they also are to be hated.

21 “‘But you may eat certain insects that have wings and walk on four feet. You may eat those that have legs with joints above their feet so they can jump. 22 These are the insects you may eat: all kinds of locusts, winged locusts, crickets, and grasshoppers. 23 But all other insects that have wings and walk on four feet you are to hate. 24 Those insects will make you unclean, and anyone who touches the dead body of one of these insects will become unclean until evening. 25 Anyone who picks up one of these dead insects must wash his clothes and be unclean until evening.
-Bible, Book of Leviticus

tastes like crap
its the suffering that gives it flavour

Meat of bugs.
If you eat grasshoppers, worms you are eating its organs, shit, and bones

Because chicken is just as efficient, and tastes much better.

because poor people have more children and shorter lives.

what's making a large difference today is the economies of scale are changing for farmland. america and european nations are making massive GAINS in harvesting more yield from the same acreage and it's only going to increase to some plateau, at which point we'll expand further into vertical farming to supply urbanites and other such fags

yep, my uncle ordered up some dog meat when I was staying in china, that is some flavourful meat full of suffering right there

Subsidized nigger breeding

my bad, thought that was included in raw fish. so the difference with most of the fish consumption is that people do indeed separate them, which is hard to do in insects.
Most cultures that eat insects just eat all of it.

delicious buttery ocean bugs

Does it contain the protiens, fats and all the other good shit that comes with it though? If it does load me up son, if not back to the lab till it does.