Petraeus General - Hated by Diplomats Edition

>foreignpolicy.com/2016/11/29/all-the-presidents-generals-potentially-including-one-at-state/

Looks like Petraeus is on the Secretary of State short list.

just read an article that says the diplomats HATE military guys being in charge and can't stand the audacity of giving military members more respect than a higher ranked diplomat. And that you can forget straight talk or short answers when these diplomats want to intellectually wank off for 15 minutes to any question.

Fuck these state department establishment guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/06/17/world/middleeast/syria-assad-obama-airstrikes-diplomats-memo.html
democracynow.org/2015/12/22/seymour_hershs_latest_bombshell_us_military
gotnews.com/analysis-david-petraeus-must-not-americas-next-secretary-state-transition2017/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All that chest cabbage for a guy that has probably never been shot at.

You made me look into it and the guy didn't see combat until he was a Major General, damn

Isn't it usually like this for officers? They're trained from the start to become officers.

Obama and Hillary personally ruined his career over a single piece of classified paper in his house under 24/7 armed guard.

He hates the establishment. He knows Obama and hillary hate him too.

those eye cancer inducing colored things are medals? sorry, USA but it honestly looks like shit. I don't get what's honorably in puting used Litmus paper on your chest. You could have used anything but you chose abstract art.

They are actually representative of the ribbons attached to the medals.

>sending your highly educated officers into combat with grunts

do you send the coach to the field to play foozball user? no. No you dont.

In terms of combat arms, I had the impression that officers who are Captain and lower would be in combat just as much or almost as much as the enlisted soldiers. Ranks above seeing less combat.
Maybe I really am retarded

Oh, Hanz. You silly boy. Those ribbon strips are only part of the awarded medal. When officers are awarded those things they receive both the ribbon strip and a longer ribbon with medal attached. Officers choose to wear the much neater and classy ribbon strip. Otherwise, they could wear all the metal and look like North Korean buffoons.

Doesn't matter how fancy your soldiers look if they can't win wars, Fritz. You had the objectively nicest looking troops and it didn't help them any.

Not a fan of this guy, he's kind of a piece of shit and isn't a combat veteran, just a brass pogue armchair general turned spook.

McChrystal or Mattis were willingly and voluntarily in the shit with us, and aren't adulterous shitbirds like Petty.

so, the meaning of a medal changes with different ribbons? seems kind of petty honestly. why even categorising merits and such? it would have been enough to put on types of medals and a counter.

>I don't know what that guy did, but 35 x Iron Eagle seems kinda bad ass!

he's a warlord, no a great conqueror of the east, he's following alexander's footsteps, the kings of the east will bow to the majesty of the great eagle

So uh, did they get all these in the Korean War?

All coaches played football their whole lives. Get a better analogy.

He lobbied for gun control and is guilty of the same shit that should have put a rope around Hillary's neck.
Fuck him.

They actually do, say you get a medal twice, you get the ribbon with a star, three times and you get one with two stars
The meaning of the medal doesn't change, each ribbon represents a specific medal.

remember when games still had a high score? it was much simpler to know who was best. it had meaning unlike those unlocked archivements. at least now I know where the later comes from.

Considering that Korean War is still going on, they probably hand those out annually or monthly.

that's why I'm annoyed by it. they could have put up the actual medal, or a pictogram or anything else with style. even a excel table printed to cloth would have been better.

well, I couldn't care less in theory since it isn't related to me at all but I just lerned about it and are I'm actually annoyed by it.

>lets spend time and resources on highly intelligent officers only to put them in harms way when it's unnecessary

The average person can be given combat training. However, the average person can't become an officer.

State Department "Diplomats" need to be purged
nytimes.com/2016/06/17/world/middleeast/syria-assad-obama-airstrikes-diplomats-memo.html
democracynow.org/2015/12/22/seymour_hershs_latest_bombshell_us_military

>State and CIA trying to do some more regime change by funding jihads
>military bombs State/CIA-funded jihads
I'll trust the military folks on this one, thanks

All those medals couldn't save him from the bad pussy

>not putting Mattis as Secretary of State and Patreus as Secretary of Defense
Come on. It's a simple switch and Mattis is the sort of person who could intimidate his way into an agreement.

Patreus on the other hand seems to be your average CO shitbird.

They're the ribbons of the medals you dumbshit. If we wore the actual medals we would look retarded like how North Korean military officers look

If Patraeus is a criminal, what does that make Hillary?

Fucking German autism. The stereotype is real.

Some of the best coaches never played pro or were mediocre. Where did Bellichick and Saban play?

Both Belichick and Saban only are GOAT coaches because of their super autism.

I don't know man, even a simple google search seems to show that second lieutenants may "lead infantry soldiers into combat, working closely with the platoon sergeant and two squad leaders"

They are a part of Western military heritage

you can't think of a method that doesn't look like a fucked up aquarell and still memes all medals into a smaller picture?

Fuck Patraeus.
He is opportunistic as fuck: Dems in charge, wants gun control. Dems lose, he sucks up to the Republican side.

Also, this whole issue with not respecting secret info is completely out of hand. We are just handing over secrets to the Chinese and Russians like it is nothing.

>Army service ribbon

Why bother pointing that out? It's a participation medal.

He's German so he wouldn't know anything about that

and? german miitary used to wear piked helmets at some point. it looked badass but wasn't that usefull. thus, things can change.

He's even more suited to Secretary of State than he was to General.

He's a dealmaker, just like Trump. An ideal pair.

Aren't most of those things that you sorta get along the way anyway?

Dude spent his career in operations.

Well, he was assigned elsewhere during Grenada and Panama, did do Bosnia as a colonel. But he was my division commander on the Iraq invasion, and he did okay. Fuck. Most of us lived. Can't ask for much more than that.

But Dave should know you only get one fuckup at that level. He had his.

lorica squamata tier

Platoon leader is the entry level position, and a new lieutenant is surrounded by experienced sergeants. We make sure the little baby officers don't do anything dumb and we raise them into responsible future leaders.

is this more to your liking?

He has a fucking cab.

this guy spent his life making wars,killing people for corporations.
you are all the same as obama hypocrites. wars are great when its your team (R) doing it, right?

Good to get a final answer
Officers do go to combat, thanks

It depends. My battalion commander went on air assaults and left of FOB(really a large COP) to go on missions. It sometimes helps to raise unit morale if he is seen going out on missions.

while it looks better it understand it's not usefull either. how about >pic related or actual tables and numbers (instead of ribbon colors)

I can't trust anyone who associates with Mark Kelly or Gaggy Giffords, desu.

gotnews.com/analysis-david-petraeus-must-not-americas-next-secretary-state-transition2017/

I know the Army Servce ribbon is given to you for completing Basic and those two stars on his National Defense Service Ribbon indicate he has been in since Nam. It looks like the only non-scrub medal he has is the Bronze Star, and even then only because it has a Combat V.

Do you classify someone getting a DUI as a criminal? Because his deal was plead down to a misdemeanor and that is all a DUI is.

everyone who needs to know how chest salad works, knows how chest salad works, and knows more or less what each ribbon means.

also, i mean, most of the stuff your getting an award for is more abstract than a simple pictogram could communicate.

>mfw military people are brainwashed to think the colors patterns on their chests make them "distinguished"

Don't forget he fainted at a senate hearing. We do not need another Secretary of State that faints. I just don't have much confidence in him.

That it sounds like you are proposing Boy Scout style merit badges

holy shit look at all of them that guy must be knee deep in pussy

and that sort of mentality is why you would never make it above enlisted

I had family that worked with Patraeus in Kabul, AF, NATO ISAF HQ... He told me before the guy was fired for the email stuff, he was really well respected by everyone

Infantry is the most competitive and prestigious branch an officer can get into. Combat experience is the best way to advance, and most of the highest ranking officers were either infantry, combat arms, or intelligence.

General officers are ineligible for the Combat Infantryman's Badge. Three have been awarded to generals by War Department waivers in WWII and Korea. One of those three, William Dean, earned a DSC in WWII, and earned the Medal of Honor in Korea. Went out after a North Korean T-34 tank with a bazooka when his division HQ was getting rolled over, and survived behind the lines for a month before getting caught. Made it two years as a POW before the war ended.

I was nearby at the time. His V is kinda iffy.

Whats the condecoration equivalent to an european war cross (like some countries here)? I mean, those that are awarded for actual time spent in war (like after X years you get bronze, a few more silver and in the end you get gold).

There's a lot of medics in there too.

Yeah, he came back from Afghanistan with the flu, went for his usual six mile run, and didn't drink much after so he didn't have to call for piss breaks in the meeting.

I emailed him to bust his balls about that.

The guy is physically just a goddamn machine. There are things about him not to trust, believe me, I could list a few, but his health ain't one.

I want Mattis. This fuck started an anti-gun super pac.

The only thing that matters on his uniform isn't annotated.

>Ranger tab

Friendly reminder that the American military has become a play field for queer sissies who love to dress like commie faggots.

Pic related. Both have same rank and the guy on the right has seen combat at far higher and intensive levels.

>The myth is true

>all those pleb tier merit badges
>doesn't even have nuclear science or beekeeping
LMAO

Sigh.

Found the LT who just finished Florida phase.

how about recognizing the level of contribution in a type of medal instead of doing every little merit.

you get a medal because you did XYZ and for that you get this level of medal.

think of it as iron, bronze, silver, gold, platiin value. get all possible type of "merits" down to 15(?) possible medal over-categories and you allready can express 75 different things. add a number next to that medal , and you got even more and dont have to put medals down to your shoes.

> le boy scout virgin forever meme

I did scouts as a kid and let me tell ya, having your first kiss under the stars after a day of canoeing with your buddies, tent building and having banter with your best mate, cooking over a fire and swimming in a creek under moonlight is the best way to do childhood. That kid has memories for life with the friendships and experiences he has created over his youth.

Somebody without an air assault badge is mad...

So fucking what? I'm pretty sure he was never a Ranger.

School graduate. Never served in the Regiment. Most grads don't.

>that much bling bling
Us army even gives a medal for being able to wipe your own ass it seems

That's the point I was making. Any brokedick can get the tab, I was trying to point that out to

Is legion of merit an actual gold medal?

My dad has a silver cluster on his. Never knew that was a good achievement. Just gained more respect for me dad.

*good medal

Whoops.

Hopefully the guy on the right is wearing a different class of uniform

They're not wearing equivalent uniforms. Day to day, our generals would wear stuff like the guy on the right.

>mountain jew
hope you get a nuke eventually. sick of your country taking advantage over the exploited. worthless cowards

yep, this

vs.

Stop posting the imperialistic shooped version citizen.

this

You don't want the Defense Deportment to rule the Sate Department, that is no good. Then you would get a WW1 type situation where diplomacy becomes very rigid and uncreative.

Entering as an enlisted man is a good way of getting nowhere desu

And here I am, a 23 yo touchless virgin Eagle Scout

Your post made me feel worse than your actual shitposts, Australia

Make Petaeus Sec Def and Mattis as Sec State.

Obama has been such a fucking Nancy that we need to remind everybody of the stick.

Petraeus mishandles one document
>driven out of Washington on a rail

Hillary mishandles thousands and thousands of documents
>SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG

Considering how much he must've pissed off the Powers That Be I guess he might be okay. But it's wiser to never trust anybody CIA because they work for the NWO, not me.

Mattie for SecDef, Petraeus for SecState. Would be great

* Petraeus.

>yfw even the reichs labor service had sharper uniforms than your current military

REEEEE

This

Plus he was the sole reason afghan and iraq didn't completely unravel

These chumps will get rocked by the South Koreans

Retard. The pickelhowb was used as a last ditch thrusting weapon.

He obtained his objective perfectly literally destroyed Al Qeefa. The problem was we pulled out and left them with resources. there was only like 30 ISIS member left alive when we pulled out.

He's the #1 option.

Dis nigga has more medal than a mother in law

Btw why didnt they make giuliani sec of state

My money is on the South Koreans as well. Also, would totally take Japan by brutal KO.