How come millenials and gen z dont socialize during college anymore?

How come millenials and gen z dont socialize during college anymore?

washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2015/02/09/todays-college-freshmen-socialize-less-internet-more-than-any-generation-before/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Z760XNy4VM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because most of the time the people who want to socialize are either assholes or psychotic SJW twats

theyre too busy shitposting

>be internet meme lord
>know all memes ever, can meme in 5 different languages and ideologies

this kills socializing with normies, you don't want to be an asshat, but its hard taking someone seriously when you have read whatever they are saying/claiming they are on cringe sites for the last 5 years

Because interacting with women is literally rape.

FUC KOFF STOP POSTING THIS FAGGOT YOU FAGGOT

REEEEEEEEEEEE

>stop memeing

no

i don't exactly socialize

but i do shitpost irl

>ID "fat"
thats why no one socializes with you. kek confirmed.

>b male college student
>try to socialize with female students
>get accused of rape
>get kicked out of school
>go to prison

Millennials and Gen Z have largely murdered themselves spiritually and will probably never recover. I'm putting what little hope I have left on the Gen coming up behind all you faggots. If they can't turn it around than the world deserves it's cucky fate

Thank. I wasn't going to click on that shit wp link.

What does it mean

My ID is fat

But I got doubles of kek's holy number

Truly this is a sign that I'm a fat ass

Kek have mercy

People are just gonna do this more and more as time goes on

We are the tip of the spear

Pic related ITS HAPPENING

youtu.be/0Z760XNy4VM

Millennial in college here

99% of people are fucking retarded and not worth my time. I spend my nights in the library getting drunk, reading, studying, and shitposting. That is actually what I am doing right now. Shit is so cash.

I happen to think like you. When I walk on the campus here, males nowadays look so fucking effeminate it's digusting. And they all stare at me like I'm oppressing them with my redneck mustache and fit body.
I feed on their butthurtness.

That's what I did, but I eventually found a group of like-minded people and starting doing shit with them.

I don't want to talk to people with different political and social ideologies. It causes drama, drama that is easily avoided by not talking.

Are you me

Why would anyone socialize ever?
Just play video games and order pizza through the internet have a drone deliver it to your apartment.

What will college look like in ten years when even less men attend college and even more people stop socializing? Mass suicides?

>implying we will make it to ten years
All fall down in even less time than that.

computer based mental illness and info fatigue is going mainstream thanks to mobile technology and social media

How do you get drunk and study?

Explain

Because its full of chinks and nogs

>internet-more-than-any-generation-before/

WOOOOOOAHHHHHHH
NO WAY
THE BOOMERS NEVER WENT ON THEIR iPHONES AND TWEETED????
DUUDDDEEEE

One can hope, right?

You're dumb

Understand the consequences of spending all day on the web and how this makes people less social which is what the article is about

Not about how they use more internet then before

>You're dumb
no u!

easy, by doing just that. I find I am pretty functional when under the influence of most soft drugs, they just make the act more entertaining and fun.

I fucking hate millenials. I want to bash every single one I see on campus.
Huge cocksuckers queers and faggots.
I could bash them too, they are all weak

Being functional has nothing to do with information retention and comprehension.

>being so low iq that drinking effects your brain

>Being such an alky you have to show up drunk at school, where you take your first liquid shit of the day.

I would like to say that I retain and comprehend the information quite well, although I am sure you would refute me in any way you could. The simple fact is that I drink and study, take from it what you will.

Everyone I know is in stem and they just smoke weed and browse Sup Forums

The space you are currently in is indeed super chill, but you eventually require more and more to get there. That's how you become an alcoholic. Remain self-aware, friendo.

Yeah, I'm not going to try and stop ya.

I like to drink, but I think I am more creative and critical when sober.

Yea, I know exactly what you mean. I limit myself to one 40 a night and after about 2-3 weeks I take a tolerance break of everything.

I am also an avid user of pipe tobacco and caffeine but I would not say I am as tied to them as I am alcohol.

I used to be tied heavily to weed but after a while I just lost the need for it and now I have not smoked in about 3 weeks and feel no need to pick it back up again. If the pattern repeats itself I will be most pleased but for now I will keep doing what makes me happy. I doubt I will be sitting in my grave and wishing I had drunk less haha.

that's good. I am probably the same amount of creative either way, I just like alcohol a lot.

That is good that you don't feel the need for it though. Keep that up.

WHY IS IT EVERYTIME YOU POST A SIMILAR THREAD , YOU PUT A PICTURE OF FUCKING STEVE-O. WHAT DOES STEVE O HAVE TO DO WITH ALL OF THIS

so you're saying you need a safe space from disagreement

Just say your Muslim and its your right

>this board is a safe space

New here?

The same bot/shitposter/guy used to make the same threads using a picture of a e-celeb girl named Soe.

just hide the threads, I'm convinced its a bot.

He's steveGET

*tips*
>put me in screen cap

ru me

No, I just assume you are one of the folks who take liquid shits in the morning. One of those guys who make the bathroom smell like the rotting beef liquid coming from their gut.

College lifestyle was oversold in the late 90s/00s and everyone goes there expecting adventure, drama and romance to just happen as part of the experience of being there. When they get there and they realise that their life is still pretty much the same, in a different place, and they're the same shitty person, they get upset and become anti-social.

This desu. The internet allows for, ironically, more human interaction and conversational information at a faster rate than normal conversation.
Remember those movies where the nerds and hackers were almost god-like? It's gonna happen. There's going to be so many fucking wizards roaming the earth, with no investment in the things previous generations were invested in.

because the only way for a lot of them to afford it is to work two jobs while going to college, it's hard to socialize while working 60 hours a week and going to school

also college is a scam and for idiots

Boomer don't realize how competitive everything is nowadays, for example to get in an engineering program you need a 90% highschool average, companies won;lt even look at your resume if your GPA is below 3.3, unless you have connection of course

>gen z
>college

you're a fucking retard. some millenials aren't even in college yet.

millenial generation born up to 2000.

i hate when people stretch things just to fit their agenda, whatever agenda yours is.

Its easy to bring a TV to your dorm, and just watch Netflix all day and never meet anyone.

For women, phones act as an excuse to avoid talking to strangers. Since everyone has one, most women play with their phone 80% of the time.

Thanks to hazing stereotypes, Frats and Soroities are losing fashion. College is also too expensive now to just want to party.

Most social lounges don't really exist anymore, at least that i've seen.

Shits expensive yo

For me it was mostly due to having to commute during my entire time there. I'm also a bit shy and cynical 2bh.

ur me

>20 and going on first date tomorrow
I'm gonna make it, r-right guys?

Study a few hours everyday, then drink.

Just soak yourself in a can of axe body spray and assume sex all night.

>depression
>loans
>debt
>housing economy
>stress from shitty part time job

i hate college kids but i sorta feel why they don't wanna talk or anything after the first two years of college.

>i hate when people stretch things just to fit their agenda

Me too. Thinking someone born in 1982 has anything at all in common with someone born after 1995 is, quite frankly, embarrassing.

>tfw mid 20s college sophomore
>tfw no one face to face socializes on campus, its all about adding ppl over Snapchat and text messages and talking there
>tfw no smartphone
>tfw no one even texted when I was on high school and its not normal to me, let alone walking everywhere with your face glued to a screen
>tfw used to people talking before class started like in mddle/high school but I've walked into a classroom. In college with 30 people all looking down silently

Gen z is weird

I'm a junior environmental engjneering major

>nonstop partying freshman year in the dorms
>3.0 at end of year with lots of friends
>way harder classes sophomore year, less time for fun, living with gf so that limits options
>junior year class are a fucking nightmare
>not trying to socialize with limpwristed marxists
>fire up this death machine baby

Thanks for the advice

Absolutely can not stand people who can't go ten minutes without looking down at their phone.

Exactly. Im a conservative millennial in the NW. I'd rather not socialize. All good though, I'm reading books, in good shape, and working on a bad ass career. I'll move to texas in a few years and marry a qt conservative girl. All my peers get drunk every weekend and don't work out or work on their careers

Gotta get dem grades fer dem monies.

I assume most faggots on Sup Forums went to college.

Why would anyone want to socialize with people like you

Gen Z is vastly superior to Millennials. It's like asking why Humans don't hang with chimps.

>have an opinion that isn't mainstream
>TRIGGERED TRIGGERED RACISTHITLER WOW I'M LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW