Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide...

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21319945
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can Sweden and millenials be saved?

I doubt it. It needs /the young pope/ types who are redpolled and young to join the clergy in these small protestant churches and reform back to Lutheran or calvin orthodoxy. Think of how big an impact even 5 young red pilled guys could have on Sweden if they go full Luther with the current lesbian Islamic church there.

>country becomes developed
>population becomes complacent and atheist
>birth rate drops, import religious minorities
>original population dies out, religion takes over

Rinse and repeat.

It's rising in the west, but declining in the east mainly because of Islam.

good

Atheism is irrelevant

Those are blatant lies. I see atheists everywhere among my young friends, where are these religious people?? Of course Pew will say otherwise, they're some biased Christian group I bet, it's right there in the name. The truth is in the real world science is actually winning, less and less people are believing in superstitions and becoming an enlightened race

christcucks literally worship moloch

"atheism is the fastest shrinking religion''

Stopped reading there. Atheism is not a religion, it is the lack of a religion.

Very true

This is disingenous cherry picking. A rise in Christianity in one country:China, does not mean a global downward trend of atheism is occuring. This will merely produce localized results in the coming decades in China. Fact is, the US is trending towards atheism while Islam grows in Europe.

>this is what euphorics actually believe

>Pew is some biased religious group

That's because more non-whites are being born

>Indian intellectuals

Don't let your local atheist priest hear you saying that

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21319945

religion:

a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

>Shitskins @ other third worlders breed like rabbits

>G-guys atheists are a smaller percent of the world population that must mean we're right!

Nope.

Yes, one day all your college professors will be proud atheists many of them Indian and secure in the foundation of science. Most likely I will be one of them. Meanwhile you and your religious family will be servants cleaning toilets, like other religious freaks

>the leaf doesn't know what an ampersand is

fuck off leafs. get raked

Being a smug asshole doesn't really ca you followers. Turning water into wine or telling them they will get 72 virgins works much, much better. Or rather, tell people there will be life after death if you want a successful cult. Atheism will remain an unsuccessful cult for as long as you have Dawkins and Harris as the face of spouting about infinite voids of nothingness. If you're going to make up shit, at least make it pleasant.

>Atheism causes people to not breed
>G-guys it's not atheism's fault it's on the decline

poorly memed friend
There's not even a Belgian in here

fuck me
forgot to crop

>enlightened
>shits in street

No. A good quality of life causes people to not breed and it also causes people to not care about religion so they become atheists. Of course there are exceptions like Iran and Bosnia which are religious but have very low birth rates.

Yeah man that strictly catholic Polish birthrate is just out of control. Must be the religion and not the quality of life and economic burden of children in developed countries.

>atheists can't even breed
>right

Is there a name for this type of self destructive nihilism?

How does this not describe atheism? You don't know how the universe began, so you attribute it to a made up "Big Bang Theory" based on ridiculous math and unfalsifiable claims.

Modern atheists are most certainly a cult, you even have a priest class you call "scientists" (ie Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris,). These "scientists" preach and you listen and believe.

I'm sure you could look up the actual figures if you want to BTFO me... or, more likely, prove me right.

Here's the difference, both of these situations are set in my own country:

If I want a kid, I would want it to be well educated in science, well mannered, physically fit, and socially succesful. To afford the time and money for that is very difficult, therefore I can't ever see myself having more than two kids.

Shitskins don't even think about getting kids. The woman has no authority and they don't use any birth control. They also don't care about the quality of their kids and are just fine with them disobeying authority, stealing, raping, looting, and never learning anything or gaining employment. They will get a few hundreds euros per kid in child support per month, and because they don't spend anything on the kids and just give them shitty food it is a good incentive to just breed more.

Therefore, in my country a shitskin can easily breed 8 kids with the same effort that it costs me to raise 2.

See, this is why we need fascism. It creates artificial struggle, making the people strong, religious, and prone to bearing children. You're consumerist capitalism and materialist communism is self defeating.

It's called importing shitskins from Muslim countries.

Shrinking rapidly. Good stuff, OP

There is a correlation between the two but its not because they are atheist, its because of their quality of life. Look at Qatar and its super low birth rate even though its extremely religious.

>Thinking that the world revolves around the USA
Good stuff heathen.

But the great failure of atheism has only been to reinforce the idea that human faith and dogma are hardwired into our psyche. Your gatherings are worship rituals and your creed is shared kinship between other dogmatic leftists.

You have leaders, (((the four horsemen))), you have strange beliefs and delusions, e.g. an adherence to the state, and you constantly police these norms. You can pretend that when the religion goes away the underlying psyche, which has made religion a human universal time immemorial, does too; but it simply doesn't.

The grand lie in all of this is that not only is atheism a small cult- ish religion, it's practically an entire god damn belief system. You can't JUST be an atheist, you have to be an Atheist + -- that is, a feminist, Marxist, leftist in general -- a believer in "science." Except that your moral buttons are pushed equally as much when the science comes to human differences -- because you're not believers in science, you're fervent, rabid dogs with unearned moral superiority. Atheists are believers first and adherents to the dogma second. The numbers only corroborate this, i.e. where there is atheists, there is worship of the state and this faux worship of science and "progress."

Does pic related look more like a sermon or a "reason rally"?

You can repeat this absurd idea that atheism is simply a lack of belief, or you can accept the fact that atheism is a religion, equally dogmatic and venomous as any other gathering of dogmatists. Moral psychology is conclusive on this, so adieu to you.

There are few things more satisfying than arguing with an atheist online. They're children.

I will miss them when they're gone.

The world literally does revolve around the USA. No other country has nearly as much world influence in terms of culture, innovation, business, military, entertainment, and on.

>my metaphysical belief system is NOT a metaphysical belief system

Back to r.eddit with you

That's just America, idiot. Globally, Atheism is getting assblasted

Former AmazingAtheist, /r/atheism, Richard dawins reading faggot here

Atheism is the conduit of the jew. Yeah, religions may be all manmade, but Christianity may as well be synonymous with civilization. It's too good to give up

Crazy what happens when you allow hundreds of thousands of muslims into nonreligious countries

Apparently you aren't very good at turning the world atheist. Heck, you can't stop the rapid rise of Islam.

new from reddit i take it?

No its not and don't bring up poor farmers in china. Poor people will always gravitate towards religion. The west is moving towards atheism.

America just elected a reality TV star as president who campaigned on keeping migrants out of the country.

We're doing a fucking great job. Europe is following suit.

Atheism is just another tool of the Jew

Look at how similarly they vote.

Christianity more specifically the catholic church held back civilization and its not needed anyways. Look at Japan and Korea. Both are mainly atheist but only 2 and 3 percent of women have babies out of marriage compared to 30 and 60 in western countries.

More closely aligned with Hispanic Catholics

How do we do it Sup Forums?

How do we break free from the cycle of history and maintain prosperity, while even as we speak it invites ruin onto mankind?

The only thing I'm arguing is that Atheism is not a religion. You talk about 'great failure of atheism' 'your gatherings' 'other dogmatic leftists' as if Atheists are one homogeneous group.

Maybe it's different in the USA, but most Atheists I know have never heard of the four horsemen (I have), they were simply not raised in any religion. In fact, most Atheists here do not think like that in the slightest. Religion never really comes up in conversation, and there is certainly no air of moral superiority or unanimous dogmatic thinking.

I gave the dictionary definition of atheism: it is the lack of belief in a supernatural being. Nothing more, nothing less.

Its not just poor Chinese. The study directly says this. There are videos as well on the topic.

Sorry dude but athiesm is out. better find a new fad to be edgy, i hear natsoc and leftypol are around. Pick your poison, they're both just as bad.

ATHEISM NOT A RELIGION. RETARD

Hint: most east asians run 2+ religions simultaneously

Great. Now if only you could export that atheism out to the rest of the world.

>comparing humans to non-humans

>America voted

No. Americans Christians voted.

Tell me, what metaphysical claims do I need to make to qualify as an atheist for you?

You claim that the universe is structured in such a way that there is no God.

>Atheism is a religion meme
Atheism doesn't have a faith system, it's just the statement "I dont believe in god." If we defined everything that takes faith to believe as religion, you might as well say everything you haven't verified with your eyes is a religion to you. This shit needs to stop. Religious people are framing people who don't have faith as religious people so they can tear them down

I miss Canadian tire money so much.

At this point it would be more stable than our actual dollar since Trudeau is planing on handing out neetbux to every poor person.

Do you believe the atheism fairy exploded nothing into everything for no reason, and had it magically form sentient life?

Or do you just pretend the inception of creation doesn't matter and you just don't think about it and let (((TV science celebrities))) think for you?

Please get out of your head that atheists need to 'believe' anything to become Atheists. I don't even have to accept evolution or gravity.

It is simply the absence of believe in a supernatural being.

>faith based
>not a religion
kek keep telling yourself that.

Not all christians are certain of gods existence or even remotely knowledgeable on the topic of apologetics. But you'd call them christian for their faith.

Doesn't it bother you that theism is nigger-tier stupidity?

It was mostly Mormons. We owe the Mormons our thanks.

>The only thing I'm arguing is that Atheism is not a religion.
Right, it's a (((science))). If you don't know how the universe began, then how can you lack a belief in a supernatural being? You're basically saying that you know how the universe began.

you have to claim that metaphysically there is no first cause. Its turtles all the way down.

Other than that, its impossible to avoid the ontological argument.

>straying from the virtuous path of God was a mistake
Have all the reservations you want about Christian God and all the stuff associated with it, but for the early part of the last century, it did excellently at weeding out social degenerates and setting a standard of absolute morals for wholesome people to follow. Now look at the ruins before the West. You can discuss the merits of the ideas behind Christianity later, but now there needs to be unity against the Islamic enemies.

>atheists don't believe in evolution or gravity

So you admit you're literally less advanced than the Church, who accepted these basic tennants of creation long ago?

Why should anyone listen to you fedoras?

pro-religion is the worst Sup Forums meme

Careful user, that doesn't fit the Sup Forums meme

>Please get out of your head that atheists need to 'believe' anything to become Atheists.
You need to believe that you know how matter came into being. How does matter exist?

>It is simply the absence of believe in a supernatural being.
Again, how can you rule out a supernatural being without having a plausible alternate explanation? That's not very scientific of you.

>>>/Reddit/

dont care if you are athiest, i will gladly join arms to defeat degenerate rubbish.

Also for the athiests that hate christians, keep in mind how lucky you are not to be born into an islamic or indian hell hole

I don't say that there is no God; I say that I haven't seen evidence of one so there isn't one that I believe in.

I do not have to know every single thing about what happened in the last 13 Billion years to not believe in Yahweh, Thor, Allah, Vishnu or any other God. You can say there is a creator and his name is (x), but that doesn't make your argument automatically valid if there is no evidence for that claim.

Is it weak to say that I don't know everything? I think it's worse to claim that you do know what happened, especially when there isn't a shred of evidence for that claim.

Yeah we had this thread a few times, too bad atheism isn't religion and you still didn't prove god.

>You talk about 'great failure of atheism' 'your gatherings' 'other dogmatic leftists' as if Atheists are one homogeneous group.

Now I know you're in it for the ruse

Beliefs, including the belief that there is no god, and no matter how contested this is, attract archetypes. The roots of religious beliefs are planted in the bedrock of our psyche as a human universal, and the dogmatic behaviors atheists display are uncannily, inextricably manifestations of the same psychological agency utilized by the very religions they collectively demonize.

Again, you can refuse to accept this fact, but it doesn't make it any less true. Read some moral psychology.

kek

It amazes me how pitiful atheist rhetoric, philosophy and historical knowledge is.

>but that doesn't make your argument automatically valid if there is no evidence for that claim.

So you deny the hundreds of eye witness accounand a of Christs divinity, and the numerous miracles that have happened over the last few thousand years.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun

Do you deny these miracles, and the Fatima revelations? If so you're not very scientific.

I don't think you read what I said. Of course I accept evolution and gravity, I'm arguing against everybody in the thread that acts as if I should 100% accept the words of Richard Dawkins as my saviour to even qualify as an atheist.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in a God, other things don't have to do with it.

I know a lot of people that are Atheists, but still believe in silly things like the 5 second rule or astrology. Do I need to tell them that they are not strictly rational and therefore not Atheists, and therefore believe in a God? What nonsense.

So why don't you try looking into religion a bit instead of playing coy? Are you a girl or something?

>Africa, Spiccan, and Poo in Loo populations are exploding
>Western and Asian populations are stagnating or shrinking
>hurr durr shrinking

>Is it weak to say that I don't know everything?
That's not what you're doing though. You're claiming to KNOW that there is no supernatural being. The word you're looking for is 'agnostic', not atheist. Atheism is brazenly ruling out any such possibility that there was a source of creation in the universe.

I've been an atheist all my life because so many stories were shit. But after the last few years of degeneracy and cultural relativism and moral subjectivity I kind of secretly hope religion would make a big come back.

Jordan Peterson put a real strong message on it on that Joe Rogan show.

This is just a form of special pleading. According to you, I have to argue that there is no first cause, but you are free from explaining what caused god. This is where you step out of science and into faith.

Good point. Personally, I believe in a creator, but I've yet to follow a specific religion. I just don't think doing away with the idea of absolute, God-given morals is a good idea, as I like objective ethical values (don't be a degenerate, basically). Atheism would have the hippies breed to replace the wholesome.

I hope you're prepared to have your Christcuck head chopped off, because that's going to be the consequence of this development, inshallah.

Your r.eddit is showing pretty badly. I bet you don't even really understand what he's saying.

As opposed to those peaceful atheists like Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot, who totally didn't kill tens of millions.

Face it atheists are the worst.

I'm in it for the ruse? I 've honestly had to read your post a couple of times because I doubted whether you were a troll or not, and whether I should respond. I guess this shows how far apart we are in this argument.

I'm not denying that 'new-atheism' if we call it that attracts certain people, and I actually agree with you that they have become allies with the currently ill left. I'm however still responding to the assumptions you make about me, simply because I do not believe in a god.

Basically what I said here
applies to this point still.

Sorry for slow answers by the way, have to respond to 3 people each time.

>As opposed to those peaceful atheists like Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot, who totally didn't kill tens of millions.

Some people need a killing. Wake up.

So the Universe simply was, and has been, and will always be?
If the Universe is all-encompassing and eternal, without origin or termination, then why is the something (being the Universe) expanding into the nothing (being the dead space outside of the edge of the Universe).
It just doesn't make sense, you claim that all of everything had no origin (even though there are theories of how the Universe will eventually collapse into itself), a claim more illogical than the alleged special pleading which is a creator.

>their killing was linked to atheism

Mao and Stalin mostly killed through famines. The British killed almost 30 million in India by the famines they caused. Obviously linked to Christianity, right?

I do understand what he is saying. He is basically parrotting the eloquent but ultimately false arguments of William Craig. Throwing terms around like 'first cause' and 'ontological' make me have to write 1000 word essays to fully respond, while he just has to throw around a term as argument.

It doesn't matter if the special pleading that is the creator is more logical or not. Even if it is, that still doesn't explain the first cause (may I use this term too?) for the creator itself, especially not a specific one.

Not just WLC, it's a classic Thomist idea from the 13th century and you obviously have no idea what it involves. I can tell by your clueless r/atheism-tier responses to him, like this one

>look at all these deaths caused by people who forcefully imposed atheism on their populace
>A...atheism isn't to blame don't you want to be like all the cool YouTube celebrities like TJ who don't believe in God

Pathetic