"Australian" schoolchildren recreate firm's £594 HIV drug for £1.60

"Australian" schoolchildren recreate firm's £594 HIV drug for £1.60

Explain this, Ozbros?
news.sky.com/story/australian-schoolchildren-recreate-firms-163594-hiv-drug-for-163160-10678805

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lI9jywQ4cgc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hey thats my school

not joking lol

It seems very...diverse.

Lmao these chinky fuckers are going to get into a lot of shit for this
patent laws do extend internationally, right?

Are you the slanted eyed one?

Martin Shekels btfod

its about 40% asian, 55% white, 5% indian if i had to put a wild guess on it

It's good to see Australia actually imported talented people from other countries and not just nigs. GG

Did the middle guy test the drugs on himself+

It seems to have the negative side-effect of removing ones shoulders.

What's going on with this one lads?

>implying it doesn't cost the firm less than that to manufacturer

shes trying desperatley to hide her rage that they wouldn't let at least 4 female and 1 token gender neutral student wear the aprons and appear in the photo

She's there to enforce diversity quotas.

proof

You just made the list.

>only two white kids
JUST

So far at the back I didnt even notice them.

>drugs don't cost 100% of the retail price
>drugs do retail in the magnitudes of 1000%'s of the manufacturing price

MORE ON THIS BREAKING STORY AT 11

Why is this news?
Who ever said daraprim was expensive to manufacture?
It was just shkreli jewing for shekels nothing else

Do people even still care? I thought the outrage got forgotten ages ago.

>"Australian" schoolchildren recreate firm's £594 HIV drug for £1.60

They will be dead soon. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Also: jews

Its just clickbait to garner attention and to make the school look better
its a pretty expensive school and for a while its been viewed as one of the best for pre-tertiary education, but things are quickly changing and other schools are getting better funding/staff
so they need to convince everyone that they're still on top with shitty clickbait that literally anyone with half the brain, and the money to afford the place anyway knows not to care about

Nah the Reddit rage can only last so long.
Shkreli is bro tier anyways

>yeah just chuck the white bois in the back

Fuck our media

shrek faggot is not based

>m-muh insurance companies
you're expensive medication is passed on to the consumers of the insurance

>b-but muh R&D
he just owns a patent on medication not a pharma corp

Research for the drink costs money. Actually production for pills is cheap, but there is 5 to 10 years of red tape that needs to be cut because of government. You can't just create s pill then give it to the public.

Fight

>get students to recreate drug for free
>it comes out stupidly cheap
jeez i wonder why lol

I wouldn't care about him it's just that he uses the excuse that he is doing it to fight the system and not admitting he just wants jew gold.

I mean I did say he jewed some shekels into his pocket.

Reminder that this happened

youtube.com/watch?v=lI9jywQ4cgc

Incoming lawsuit.

They the realize that you be to buy ownership to medicine

The price is so high because they have to pay off the license

>101043903
Drugs cost a ton because you front load r & d costs into the sale of the drug. 80%+ of the world's drugs and medicinal practices comes from the US because it is funded here

Learn economics you massive stupid kikes.

> schoolchildren recreate firm's £594 HIV drug for £1.60

SHUT IT DOWN

STUPID GOYS YOU DON'T KNOW WHO ARE MESSING WITH

Shreklis drugs you only have to take it once, this drug you have to take for the rest of your life.

How long did it take them to do that? In a short enough time to make it feasible to keep up with demand and still maintain the low cost?

This. The cost of the medicine is the cost of years of research and government interference. Once you get a formula down and approved it becomes very easy and cheap to make, but the company probably has a patent to ensure that their years of research and efforts don't get stolen to be sold for $1 a pop.

Very white as I expected of Australia.

>Aboriginal """""""women"""""""

Research on what the jew companies actually do spend the most money on.

Pro-tip: it's not R&D, but ads and such.

don't forget all the advertising

>Explain this, Ozbros?

A bunch of cunts bake a cake.

Aussie students don't have executives begging them for bonuses.

>be 1/64th abo
>get into top 8 med school with average high school results
JUST

Slap those faggots with IP violation lawsuits immediatly and sue them to the dirt. Fithly degenerate dingo fucking scum

Reproduction of an existing product is not difficult. These students did not spend billions on research and development, nor did they have to pay the exorbitant costs of regulatory compliance. Yes, the drug companies do charge too much because they can, but this comparison is just silly and facile.

>hurr the price of manufacture can be low
yeah it's the price of the research that isn't low at all. When someone did all the research for you it's easy to make it cheap. If you undercut the researchers then they're not gonna research this HIV shit anymore.

Who fucking cares? These people are retarded, Shkreli only has the patent for the drug in the U.S. not the entire world.

This was already covered when people tried to claim he was killing Africans.

Which is essential to necessitate rnd. If there are no sales, there is no revenue, there is no more drugs. People dont do no name drugs branding is very important

>recreating a firm's copyrighted property and violating the NAP

Get the TOW missile

>What are intellectual property rights?

Saw this on my fb earlier... what % of people these days are capable of critical thinking?

educational purposes

medicine doesn't need to be advertised you dumb american

>Redneck recreates meth for just 50$

HOW YOU EXPLAIN THAT? /FREEMARKET/ BTFO!

MADE ME THINK!

I agree

Lord please create a new super HIV to kill all fags, amen. Please don't let these slanty eyed gooks get rid of HIV.

Is that guy in the middle not wearing pants?

Anyway Shkreli actually talked about this a while ago, this is nothing new: The Canadians just produce the drug on-site whenever they need it because it is so rarely used that there's no way for them to justify producing it commercially.

The problem isn't that the drug can't be produced by anyone, it's that in America nobody wants to produce the drug and then go through the FDA hoops to legalize it in America when it is used so rarely that even the company that owns the original formula was basically going bankrupt selling it.

The problem is and remains that our patent law was not intended to be used the way it's being used now. Drugs that are about as complicated as sweet tea are being sold for ludicrous sums because despite being simple enough for highschool students to reproduce, they cannot be used commercially without paying millions of dollars in FDA fees and climbing over miles of red tape. In such a situation the only rational thing to do is to buy the rights and shove them straight up the public's ass until they do something about it.

Are you telling me they mark up the cost of drugs???
WTF I HATE PHARMACEUTICALS NOW

Can you explain how this is violating IP rights?
Daraprim isn't owned by a single company anyone afaik.

Educating them to infringe on patents so they can garner click bait attention to the school and get donations/grant money. Disgusting don't they have bigger problems to solve on prison island

Chinkalandia

>Following a recipe using easily available ingredients and free labor
VS
>Inventing something from scratch, paying researchers, doing various stages of trials up to and including human research, building factories, paying industry to manufacture your raw materials in bulk (bringing down the price for anyone following you), marketing your drug and finally, turning a profit.

Wew
I'm triggered.

>Is that guy in the middle not wearing pants?

Probably wearing chubbies, pic related.

>Daraprim isn't owned by a single company anyone afaik.

It is indeed owned by Turing Pharmaceuticals. This applies to only the US though.

Illegal to sell or consume thanks to regulations.

>Australian

Those guys are chinks.

dat asian privlidge tho 5/7.

Yeah so they can't Sue these Aussie kids right?

Considering taxpayers footed the bill for the raw materials and other means of production, there was no R&D, clinical testing, or advertising and trademark costs, it makes sense it was so cheap

>Chinks are good at recreating things at a much lower cost than usual

Wow really made me think.

>yeah it's the price of the research that isn't low at all. When someone did all the research for you it's easy to make it cheap. If you undercut the researchers then they're not gonna research this HIV shit anymore.

What you're describing is called competition. Prices should be quickly driven down to their manufacturing costs when you don't grant monopoly rights over intellectual property. Entrepreneurial profits should be short lived not a permanent economic cost.
All you're saying is if you don't grant monopoly rights capitalism can't function because competition becomes to cut throat.

High price of meds is due to (((legal))) cost and trails. Hitler did it right by rounding up gypsies and testing new drugs on them. H-Yuge savings

Most drugs that aren't specially formulated or biologics are easy to produce. They're expensive because of research and regulatory costs or because a company starts Jewing to gather cash for the research and approval costs of the next thing they're working on.
This is no shock to anybody.

Nope, it's just clickbait though. I'm sure the synthesis is freely attainable.

It's like being proud of reprinting a book you didn't write.

Do you eat spiders? I saw on some Travel Channel show yesterday that people in Cambodia eat fried spiders

So the two white guys in the back did all of the work and the chinks and womyn are there for diversity optics?

wow yet another retarded group of inbred leftist retards brainwashing teenagers into fighting for leftism

I bet none of them understand why shkreli did anything

>ching chongs gonna fuck up the legal drug trade market

>I bet none of them understand why shkreli did anything
Because he's an evil white fucking male?

Yep, as a biochemist, I can guarantee all those fucking fags did was doing the busy work while the professors did the hard part

>teenagers recreate a patented product

BREAKING NEWS

Git them pharma blokes right in the ol' boolies, eh? Bonza, mate!

There's more top tier cosy of any new drug than just the manufacturing costs. For every drug that gets approved for human use there's hundreds that fail dduring testing, it's not cheap to employ hundreds of research staff for this. On to of that you have to have the money to go through all the legal processes of getting a new drug registered.

In order to recoup these costs, companies have to charge a large amount for their new products. That's why any new drug registered is exclusively the right of the developing company for about 10 years and they can set what price they want. They have that time to recoup the costs and make profit and once the copyright expires, anyone can make it and the price becomes dirt cheap.
You can get a packet of paracetamol for pennies in the UK. Used to be like £30 a box.

Yes it does you faggot, that's how doctors learn about it.
Pharma pays reps to push it on doctors, who then have a cure for something once the symptoms match up.

I think it's more of a height thing, they've got like half a foot on the gooks and that one semite easily.

UNDERAGE B&

>goys, now you can get even more AIDS
>its not dangerous ! let the niggers in your ass NOW!

let them all die, natural selection

Ms Williams was my teacher in 2009. At least three people were in love with her. Do you know how it went down?

Still better than niggers

Good luck raising the millions in capital to get it through the clinical trial process. For each country you want it sold in.

I'm just an american travelling. But they eat something that looks like a fried potato bug.

It would be a generic version, the process is much, much easier than a novel therapeutic.

That's awesome, and it's nice to see that Australia's immigration laws are working as intended.

Also, mutual recognition procedure means you only need to worry about FDA, EMA and Jap approval. Most countries will just accept your drug if you have approval from them.

M8, at least they are smart and hardworking, better than trouble causing monkeys interrupting the class every 2 seconds.

>tfw plebs won't understand why this is meaningless

Easier, but still costing millions in capital

I see. How's Cambodia? Thought it was a death trap bug the show made it seem okay if you have a guide

everyone thought BAW was hot but idk what happened, I graduated CO 2013, same year AEM left

all i hear is rumours