Will Nintendo still be around in the next 20 years?

Will Nintendo still be around in the next 20 years?
When was the last time they had a successful console sale?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xR5DaYuDWYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes, nostalgia retards will continue giving them money. also go back to v

Due to the success of Pokemon Go Nintendo could lose millions for years and still be around so considering the fact they own franchise like Pokemon I don't think we need to worry for them
and :
>Sup Forums

If the NX flops like the Wii U, they'll slowly fade into irrelevance all the while making shitty reskins/spinoffs of old games

Do all the benefits go for Nintendo even taking into consideration that all the programming and setup was done by an american company?

Nintendo will most likely stop selling consoles shortly. They will however live on much like Atari as a game publisher.

Yes they will exist, but you wont be playing their games on a Nintendo console.

Much like Sup Forums Nintendo never changed with the times. They are still stuck in the early 2000s and everyone except the people who latched onto them in their younger years have run away in droves

For some reasone I have a real urge buying the new thing... It looks pretty fun.

I also have a Wii... No other console. Just PC.

I think Nintendo will be around much longer than PS or XBox just because they are not trying to keep up with PC graphics.

>When was the last time they had a successful console sale?
Every one of their consoles is successful even if it isnt successful enough for autists fighting imageboard console wars against other autists

Pokemon Go barely brought in any money for nintendo due to the weird ownership situation with Niantec. They still have gobs and gobs of cash, and could lose money for a long time. But they're not losing money

Not everything, but licensing fee's are basically free money. The american people had to pay people to make the games, nintendo is just cashing in on a decades old IP.

>When was the last time they had a successful console sale?
Dude, Nintendo has a literal stranglehold on the handheld market. Unless that rapidly and suddenly dries up, they'll be around for a long long time.

Nintendo will be the literally only gaming company in the world when people understand that games are nothing than past time to relax your mind and not that ""muh immerxions" and ""muh spending my life away pretending I am a person I wouldn't even want to through shitty control interfaces".

There's nothing politics about this

Between the 3ds and the original Wii (not the Wii U), Nintendo has basically printed money since 2006. They also don't believe in taking on any debt and have an obscene amount of assets. They won't go away for the foreseeable future future, and the Nintendo pattern is to make one successful console then one flop, which means the Switch will probably be successful.

I don't play games often anymore but Nintendo won't be dying off anytime soon. I'd be more worried about Sony because while the PlayStation is successful, most of their other product markets are failing miserably.

I think Nintendo has a real shot with the switch actually.

Both Sony and Microsoft are now circling the drain themselves and have no interesting ideas to stop the declining sales of their exclusives and 3rd party games.

I think the big problem is young kids aren't growing up into video game players like they used to. Nintendo is the only one who can still make a hard play at this demographic.

It's a damn shame they didn't have pokemon GO explode right around the time the switch was releasing though. They're gonna have to try for something similarly large.

Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank – enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there’s almost 469 billion Yen (£3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out – we’re in the year 2075 by this point – they’ve got some of the most valuable intellectual property in gaming to sell off before the company goes out of business.

Nintendo hardware has been gimicky garbage since the N64. The only thing they do well is games. I wish they'd just Sega the fuck off with odd interface crap and put out nothing but software.

theyve been around over 100 years or something and normies will always buy their shit

>nostalgia retards
I am in my 30's and said nostalgia retard I will never buy another Nintendo console or console for that matter.

ROMS ROMS ROMS.
Fuck nintendo.

These things are selling so fast right now, they can't keep them on the shelves.

I think you're half-right: they'll slowly fade but they have enough IP to keep afloat for a very long time (Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, etc)

youtube.com/watch?v=xR5DaYuDWYs

What was gimmicky about the gamecube? It didn't have motion controls, 3D, or some stupid tablet interface.

>Dude, Nintendo has a literal stranglehold on the handheld market. Unless that rapidly and suddenly dries up, they'll be around for a long long time.
that's surely why they started developing mobile phone applications,amiright?

NES and SNES are the only good consoles Nintendo made

I think they'll be fine

Yes. Mohammed. They can shit out easy phone games while keeping their handheld filled with games.

I suspect you are an idiot.

Because expanding into a secondary market filled with easier to produce games surely means that they're abandoning the handheld market that they have control over.
Not just opening up another avenue for profit.

All of these are retards, demonstrably sub 70 IQ.

But they were incredibly successful with the casual market with the Wii.

>politics

Whats the future of the TV? TV sales are decreasing fast.
The new generation dont watch TV at all.
All telecom companies will die out due to the internet, they had their golden era so fuck them.

All the muh-flat-screen or muh-plasma-tv-hype is over. Now peple dont buy nearly as much TV sets anymore.

All home electronics is one big dying market actually and have been so for many years. Retail-home-electronics really had a tremendous golden era 1995-2005.

And sure this is a political subject, it affects media and political and societal behavior.

Regardig gaming, there is an endless amount of free or cheap games available. You can go to ebay and buy any old shitty nintendo or sega game, wih are great games, fo a few euros.

In the 80s and 90s gaming and console were perhaps more unique or exclusive.

ftfy

Why did they miss out on doing a gen 1/2 pokemon mmorpg back in the day?

Shit would have been dope

Think they make guidance chips for cruise missiles or something now

WRONG FUCKING BOARD, RETARD.

Nintendo could release 5 failed consoles in the next 20 years and still have money left over. You have no clue how much money they have in the coffers from the 80s/90s/Wii era.

That said, I fully believe the Switch will be a success. Along with successful mobile development, Nintendo is look very healthy.

Also, the Wii-U wasn't exactly a failure. It sold mediocre numbers, but not flop numbers. Gamecube wasn't even a flop. Nintendo doesn't flop with that built in fanbase they have.

The mini disc format if nothing else.

Also, a lot of multi platform games had the worst quality control on GC because third parties still felt shafted by N64's fuckery.

that's why Nintendo handheld sales are mad dropping, amiright? 3ds did less than 40% of the total DS sales (less than 35% in the usa).

To be fair, part of the reason these are selling so fast is because a majority of the still existing original NES consoles are starting to fail.

Nintendo needs to release high powered consoles with innovate tech, AND drop all ratings restrictions on 3rd party games. It's the only way they will stay relevant in the home console market. The 3DS will eventually get old and they can only pray they make the next trendy handheld, but that's a long shot.

Now, will they ever die? LOLNO. Those guys have so much fucking money. Holy shit. But they will likely continue to be a joke until video games stop existing.

Nintendo also got the advantage of extremely good attach rates and they spend half what AAA spend on games. Fucking splatoon was on made on a shoestring budget and sold close to 5 million copies.

Fuck off to Sup Forums please. This board is for politics

I see that my retardation assessment is correct.

Every single console is selling less this generation, the market is contracting. Still, they are more than profitable. You seem to have fell for the retard bait that you NEED to sell 100 million consoles to be sucessfull. Fuckign tard