Drumpf already committing treason

Why Trump’s intervention with Carrier raises red flags
finance.yahoo.com/news/what-just-happened-with-carrier-is-crazy-223106708.html

A president shouldn't get involved with individual companies and affairs like this. Now Indiana taxpayers are on the hook for a bunch of corporate welfare to this scum outsourcing corporation

Why did you redneck retards vote for this orange buffoon again? He has no idea what he's doing. Government =/= business. I don't want political novices offering corporate bribes with my tax money as an Indiana resident!

Other urls found in this thread:

theindychannel.com/news/local-news/how-much-might-carrier-save-by-moving-to-mexico
washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/12/01/mexico-to-trump-those-carrier-jobs-are-not-the-story/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>yahoo
>as an Indiana resident!

lmao shill. Is it your first day here or something? You need to try a bit harder.

Trump does what he wants.

Trumpkins and protectionist morons will never understand that no matter what break or incentive you offer a company, it will never compete with paying a Mexican or a chinaman 25 cents an hour. They have no idea how a global economy works, that's why they're Trump voters. It's hilarious how easy he manipulates the low IQ isolationist mouth breathers on the right - he succeeded in a way Ron Paul could never dream of.

Then why did Carrier come back and stop their move?

Reminds me of a much smaller version of Teddy. I am ok with this

>highschool economic class student speaks his bait

Nah go away, I'm doing a PhD in Econ next fall at UMich and I can tell you're stupid as hell.

It's ONE company - and they're still moving 1,000 out of the 2,000 of the jobs to Mexico while getting a hefty chunk of taxpayer money.

Unless you want to bribe every moderate to large corporation in America with 65 million dollars Trumped up economics will never work.

>Treason

>a fucking leaf
It speaks loudly of Canadian education in that your doctorates in economics teach protectionism works. We learn that it's full retard in 9th grade intro to econ here.

Business in this country should work for the nation and it's citizens

Fuck multinational fat cats im glad we finally havery a president that's in our corner

>in our corner
Pffffttt he really has you room temp iq supporters wrapped around his finger

Nothing about this deal helps you - it's paid for out of your pocket and it goes right into the purse of carrier - who no doubt (as a us military contractor) will now offer Trump's zionist masters in the MIC some good prices - and probably Trump's next building will get a great deal on a filtration system in his illegal conflict of interest as both a President and one of those multinational fat cats your talking about.

He's playing you all for stooges and you're thanking him for it. Trump supporters are seriously the dumbest people alive

If the average wage there is $40,000/year (probably higher) than that is $40 million PER YEAR in wages earned and paid to americans that will be taxed and spent in, you guessed it, USA. So There may be a 7 million dollar tax cut over 10 years, but that is on $400 million in wages to americans, and (assuming a 25% rate) a $100 million dollar tax income improvement VS. carrier leaving.
Easy choice if you are not a moron.

Haha drumpftards so blown out they have nothing to say

Tax payer money
Good publicity
They still outsource some jobs now, more later or just automate them

>tax break
>corporate welfare

its the gov sacrificing tax dollars to give companies more money for jobs. the fuck don't people get this

>A president shouldn't get involved with individual companies and affairs like this
Why not? Are you too young to remember what applied industrial policy looks like?

>first president in half a century to actually give a shit about working Americans
>hurr durr that's treason because Shekelberg didn't get a cut!
I give your post a Super-F OP

Yeah, but he sure made those 1000 people really happy.

This board will defend anything he does. It's hopeless.

He's not president

SO he's not committing treason

>how is actually talking to the American people treason anyways

There's no corporate welfare. It's a tax cut. It just means Carrier will pay less taxes.

see

this.

trump spent 7 million to retain 1000 good jobs who will all pay taxes.

7000 dollars a piece from each worker in taxes in order to break even on that deal.

the average yearly salary is probably 50k-60k a year. they'll pay around 7k a year in taxes.

so in roughly 1 year, the deal will not only have saved the livelihoods of 1000 people, but will have broken even in the most basic sense, not to mention the value of the business done to the region, which would have been lost.

in 2 years, the deal would have MADE roughly 7 million dollars. now factor in the business and economic

that's a KILLER investment for our nation to make.

honestly, it's genius, and if he keeps this up, we're just all going to be fucking rich.

>stop

Reduced their move.

All they have to do is slowly trickle workers over to Mexico after the tax breaks are over. That new factory is still being built. You think they're going to not expand it in 8 years?

They're not getting taxpayer money, they are paying less taxes.

They won't want to do that, because Trump will make American manufacturing more attractive than Mexican manufacturing.

This. All the fucking way. Sup Forums has jus degraded to silly little fucks who drink their kool aid under the "alt-right" banner

The real reason Carrier agreed is because their parent company sells like 8 billion dollars worth of defense equipment to the government. The actual tax incentive they got is tiny.

Those are some hot opinions, lad
Could you give me sources?

I'm always in it for the keks, newfags.

Obama
>give failed corporations massive bailouts
>they still fire their workers
>all that bailout money just went to the investors and the CEO's bonuses

Trump
>give corporations tax breaks, but only if they're employing American workers
>companies have a reason not to fire their workers
>they even have incentives to hire MORE workers and expand their business in America

i know a thing or two about how factories open and close.

if that factory had gone down, it'd never open again. it would cost 100+million to re-open.

the fact that it remains 50% open means that in the future it can be ramped back up to full capacity very cheaply if the conditions are right for it - which is obviously something trump is working on.

not to mention the fact that it's a net GAIN, over time it will be incredibly lucrative in terms of tax revenue. it's a very small tax break that over time will yield far more in taxes, in addition to the other means by which those 1000 workers stimulate the local economy

When will the shills realize nobody but them call people rednecks. Is that the best you niggers can come up with? Yee haw

op is a faggot

Faggot, get a better article that one was so fucking shit it gave me an anurism.

They were estimated to save between $64-81 million dollars from the move to Mexico. Are you actually arguing that this $7 million in tax breaks was just it?

You honestly think United Technologies and their shareholders was just cool with that pittance?

There are new government contracts and moves in the future, just wait. The fact that they are still moving half of those jobs should give you a hint. Especially considering they're still moving many jobs to Mexico.

>A president shouldn't get involved with individual companies and affairs

You mean like how Obama got involved in the automotive bailout?

He strong armed them using government contracts. The tax breaks they got are paltry, and Indiana offered them before.

This guy's got it

I feed off liberal asspain and fucking with shills feels more like a hobby than a chore

We are getting 1200 jobs with this deal, you only got to keep 800 + 300 that Carrier never intended to move. Wonder how the people that initially were happy Trump was saving their job will feel when they realize they are one of those getting fired after all.

>I know a thing or two about how factories open and close

That's exactly what I'm trying to get across.

>As Turner explained, the new plant will still open in coming months and will create jobs, although fewer than planned. The company currently employs about 3,000 people in the Monterrey area, he said, and this is going to increase to about 4,100, compared to about 5,000 anticipated before Trump arrived on the scene.

They wouldn't open a Mexican factory (a very expensive investment/undertaken) unless they had long-term plans to keep it open and expand it's operations. I wouldn't be so paranoid if Carrier had scrapped the plans entirely.

I don't think America won in this exchange but I'm glad 1000 people kept their jobs for at least several more years. If I were them, I'd look into increasing my skillset in the meantime, though.

Writing is on the wall.

did your 9th grade econ class not teach you that America became the world's foremost industrial power, overtaking Britain, by sheltering its growing industries behind tariffs? that protectionism, as a historical fact, actually works? or did you just read masturbatory neo-liberal economists who do nothing except shill for their corporate patrons?

Stupid he just said he'll put a 50% tariff on them that would be it.

I want to be objective and believe you, but it's hard when you don't provide sources

Trump will make it more expensive to manufacture in Mexico, and cheaper in the USA.

Redoing NAFTA and cutting taxes will help this.

Protectionism doesn't work in this day and age as it did before in the U.S. Stop looking through rose-tinted glasses.

>A president shouldn't get involved with individual companies and affairs like this. \
Who said so?

That's exactly what the president should do.

I was under the impression only Congress could impose trade tariffs in your country.

why's that? muh comparative advantage? muh globalization? muh milton friedman?

why do you dumb fucking leafs even try having opinions on any US-related matters?? you are as your nation is -- dumb, cucked, Canucked

>A president shouldn't get involved with individual companies and affairs like this.

Why not? He's the president. It's his job to look after our nation's businesses.

opening a factory in mexico is so much cheaper that you can still make money from both plants.

conditions in the future will convince them to invest more in the american plant.

>charging lower taxes
>welfare
Just like every Leftist, you can't comprehend the difference between the state taking less of your money and the state giving you someone else's money. In your mind, all labor belongs to the state and that money never belonged to you to begin with.

Kinda like when Barry appointed "tsars" to the big three auto companies?

Trump saved American jobs before even getting into office.

Fuck everything else, dude has already done more than Obama has.

We have to look out for you since you are our neighbours.

You think they won't. That's how you are paying for the wall.

>gives a shit about working class Americans
>hands over millions of their tax dollars enticing a corporation not to move to Mexico

pick one
Now other companies are gonna threaten to move to Mexico unless Trump pays up

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

Now companies will start threatening to outsource left and right just so they can get some sweet, sweet corporate welfare. Trumptards, please explain to me how this is a good thing.

Which part?

The estimate numbers I've heard from multiple sources (i.e. NPR, CNBC, etc.) but here:
theindychannel.com/news/local-news/how-much-might-carrier-save-by-moving-to-mexico

It's well-known United Technologies has numerous government contracts. Are you asking for a list of their subsidiaries?

The move is still planned t's just been reduced. Here:
washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/12/01/mexico-to-trump-those-carrier-jobs-are-not-the-story/

Not sure what you're asking...

I was a taught that communism works in 9th grade.
>goy, you were lied to.

Businesses are moving manufacturing to cheaper places because doing it here is expensive. It's expensive because of taxes and labor costs. But if you move them, you have to pay more to ship products back. So, if you lower taxes to make it cheaper here, and impose tariffs to make it more expensive to come back, then you can tip them back in favor of being here instead of Mexico, even if the labor here is higher. A few tax incentives don't hurt either. It's just simple math.

You know you're in a shill thread when they only talk about the manufacturing price. This isn't fucking rocket surgery.

yahoo? sorry they are on the fake news list.

That was bad too. Not everyone who hates Trump is a libtard, you know. You're going to have to try a little harder to defend your "god emperor".

>TAXATION THEFT

>HEY GOY YOU'RE GIVING THEM TAX INCENTIVES? THATS TREASON

I don't understand Sup Forums sometimes.

cool talking point
care to share any other ideas you got from ((bernie's)) latest op-ed?

You guys are going to need the jobs more than us. You have 11 million scumbags coming back real soon, hombre.

Do you have an actual rebuttal other than (((parentheses)))?

Trump's deal with Carrier is profitable in the long term. Keeping the 1000 employees in the US results in more tax revenues than the tax break carrier gets costs.

>Trump says he's going to do X
>He does x
>Left freaks out
Youre fucking retarded

you aren't getting that now corporations can just say "oh well we're going to move out of the country unless you give us more taxpayer dollars" then they'll probably go overseas anyway.

it's basically asking the corporations to shake down the taxpayer repeatedly. instead of having them follow the fucking rules, drumpf is instituting bailouts for the ruling class - the exact opposite of making america great again

He also threatened to cut goverment contracts with them

there are rules against presidents meddling with individual businesses.

if drumpf wanted to be relevant, he'd break up the banks and corporations similar to how theodore roosevelt did. instead he's making the problem worse

A country without industry is not a country.

Get used to the facts of life kid.

That's why you impose tariffs you cunt. If these companies want the privilege of selling in America they will pay tariffs if they leave. They shouldn't be getting cats cuts but tariffs.

it does.

then assholes like the ones who actually believe in drumpf destroy everything

its funny how the left can sit there and cheer obama on while he throws the constitution in the garbage can,but trump isnt even president yet until january and people already are complaining about him

kek

> Swedecuck in charge of protecting his borders
Fix your problems FIRST before commenting on what does or doesn't work.

>the state taking your money is worse than corporations taking your money

seeing as how corporations take more taxpayer money than the state does, you're gonna have some difficulty with the mathematics of, like, using numbers n' shit.

>I called him a kid like on the video games I play :^)). I have no argument I just said that industry can't exist unless you have massive corruption in government thanks to my proejcted father donald trump thanks again donald for serving me this delicious shit mmmmm it is good thanks mm

1,000 jobs (let's just say 30k)
Indiana income tax ~3.4%
10yrs of income tax isssss.....10.2mil. Indiana makes back what it's giving as a tax break in the same amount of time; not to mention sales tax etc from monies spent by those employees
>Nice try ((((((op))))))

shut the fuck up. this is good. u will now try to criticize rump for looking out for american workers? fuck off cunt

Everything he does is gonna be wrong according to lib papers.

It's so forced and one sided.

This is getting sad at this point

>not everyone who hates trump is a libtard

oh really? the why are 100 percent of the people hating on trump libtards then

>looking out for american workers

oh is that what they call massive corruption these days? I swear leaves will never be able to be as retarded as you cuckolding junkies

Oh look it's another gibmedat slave who has no fucking clue how the real world works. Let's look at the REAL choices here:
> Let factory leave. Get nothing, lose money to exports, lose industrial strength for impending kike war
Vs.
> Threaten them with assrape tariffs on one hand
> Lower their taxes a bit with the other hand
> They decide staying isn't so bad after all

Industry makes the world go round. The only thing that a country doesn't need are bankers.

but it's only a short term benefit. If carrier is still sending people to mexico and building a planet they obviously intend to set up shop their long term. This is a short term publicity stunt by Trump. If he was serious he'd impose tariffs so no carrier workers would leave and no Mexican plant would be built.

the only corrupt cunts are people like u, betraying the nation for muh shekels. it is u who are treasonous

>i define libtard to mean anyone who doesnt support trump
>why are 100% of people who dont support trump libtards???
>i am literally a retard

If the global economy doesn't work for us then we need to abolish it. Fuck muh prices.

>as an Indiana resident
Come on dude I know that's what the bullet point says to do but it just makes it obvious you aren't from here

>Now Indiana taxpayers are on the hook for a bunch of corporate welfare
Maybe he just mentioned NAFTA is dead and they might want to hedge their bets when outsourcing jobs. No proof he gave them anything other than fair warning.
Wait until he does something AFTER he gets into office liberal dipshit. I'll help you hang him then, but since you wouldn't hang Hillary don't expect blind obedience from the other side.

trump appointed a Goldman Sachs kike to head the treasury. how do you justify that in your little head ?

It shows trump is a scam artist. If he was for real no workers would be moving to mexico As you say, if they're building the plant they obviously intend to stay in mexico long-term. They will send the 1000 workers to mexico when this deal is up.

Yes it does retard. Economic principles don't change. They are like the laws of physics.

who is betraying the nation after lambasting Ted Cruz for his weak ties to Goldman Sachs and then appointing a top level Goldman jew to head the treasury. Get absolutely fucked shitposter

i don't know, do you have any arguments that don't come from jewish economics?