Anyone here familiar with property and self defense law?

Anyone here familiar with property and self defense law?

>me cleaning out my property
>live in apprt building
>kids fucking around on my lawn and threw something at my porch light
>i am cleaning trees up with a chainsaw
>threaten them and rev it at them to get them off property
>they call cops, cops come
>no charges yet they said maybe
>its been two weeks

Am I in the clear?

Do you live in Texas?

no.

Then I believe chasing kids with a chainsaw is not exactly legal.

If you are up in the tree then you are just reving the saw to gain their attention so you can tell them to GTFO and rightfully so if you are in your own property , provided you did not approach the persons while doing so .

The popo's are prolly thinking waste of time at this point .

Also get a DOG !

PS: if popo's return, stick to the theme that since you are handling a dangerous tool it is imperative that little twats not be around as you are working ! that you will be in no way responsible for their safety , therefore for their safety they should GTFO ASAP hence the reason you rev the saw .

it's america he'll be fine as long as the kids aren't from a connected family

Holy fucking kek ricardo

You'll be fine burger. You were on your property. If you are afraid just make sure you don't pursue charges against them. No one will care enough unless you try.

They threatened you only as a response to being afraid of having to pay for damages.

thanks

>Do you live in Texas?
>no

Why live?

I wish I did.

Were they niglets, or white kids?

Depends on the state, if California, he might get arrested for using a gas chainsaw, instead of an electric one.......

one black 2 spanish and a white

I thought it was illegal to harm tree people in Cali?

Yep they going to charge you with a hate crime OP. That's gonna suck.

I dunno, I think they would have already charged me no?

If you were up in the tree while you were doing it you can pass it off as saying you were revving it to get their attention

Unless you explicitly said "get out of here before I cut you up" you'll be fine

Wasnt in a tree at the time.

what property do you think you have living in an apartment building? And you cleaning trees with a chainsaw... you sound nuts dude

Its a small building and we have a decent amount of property for living in an apt

bump

just act frustrated that any adult would think you would literally chase some kids with a chainsaw

they weren't just kids walking by they were aggressive

as long as you didn't specifically make threats to kill/maim them or whatever you're probably good. also if you didn't get arrested on the spot you are probably fine, those cops just wanted to scare you a bit is the most likely scenario

Thanks