Immigrants do jobs that the native population won't

>immigrants do jobs that the native population won't

What jobs?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewhispanic.org/2015/03/26/share-of-unauthorized-immigrant-workers-in-production-construction-jobs-falls-since-2007/
cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-mine-s-temporary-foreign-workers-case-dismissed-1.1332320
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apparently none drove taxis and cleaned stuff in the old days.

The market sets a wage of $12/hr for some job X. You find out poor people from other countries will do it for $3. That's what they mean when they say immigrants will do the jobs. And this is why nationalists should be for raising the minimum wage and strong penalties for hiring illegals. Native workers will be favored over immigrants.

Professional rapists, murderers.

Professional gibsmedat acquirer

Professional paid-voter

>double minimum wage
>price of all goods and services double

>no change was made

If you work for minimum wage beyond age 21 you are a subhuman nigger. Minimum wage jobs are for kids and perhaps some losers into their early 20s

What jobs?

>Minimum wage jobs are for kids and perhaps some losers into their early 20s

And now a generation of young adults have no work experience because those jobs are permanently staffed by immigrants.

Any job that reports a shortfall in labor supply and needs immigration to fill isn't paying enough.

What jobs?

Your question is ambiguous. Perhaps you mean "Which jobs?" I don't know what you mean. Do you mean to imply there are no jobs?

I don't see any NEETs picking shit in fields

Inb4 "Hurrr pay me $100k, all bennies, two months paid holiday hurrrr"

it's a wonder white homogeneous countries could ever be prosperous considering whites don't want to do certain jobs.

You know, normal jobs, but for about $2 an hour under the table.

>You get listeria from some mexican-picked lettuce and die
>But you saved 25 cents on that lettice, so it's okay

Name me one job that immigrants take because native people don't want to do it.

What jobs?

>You know, normal jobs, but for about $2 an hour under the table.

What jobs?

I never claimed that natives don't want to do the job, I claimed they won't do it for a wage that is extremely low. That is true of every job.

Here they really do jobs no respectable people want to do.
Selling drugs or pick up vegetables for half the minimum legal wages for example.

Pretty much all manual labor jobs that would earn minimum wage, or even slightly higher depending on the foreman.

Construction, carpentry, flooring, debris pick up, etc.

Pull your head out of your ass.

Ah, yes. Construction. That shitty thing that only immigrants do. Where would our country be without immigrants? We certainly wouldn't be able to built anything. Nope, it would be impossible.

The fact that you think "construction" is a "manual labor job that earns minimum wage" just demonstrates that you must be 12 years old. Nobody over the age of 12 would actually have this opinion.

I am the one making the claim. I am asking for people to refute it. If you won't refute it, then get the fuck out of my thread.

>>implying minimum wage only effects the bare-bottom wage, not increasing the bargaining power of the working man.

Pretty much this.
If you wanted to stop illegal immigration you'd fine and regulate businesses that use them for slave labor. The outcome is more expensive goods and services, but a higher average wage.

Every job was done by natives before immigrants showed up. It's obviously untrue that natives won't do certain jobs.

That's really it... What they mean is that locals won't do those jobs for $3 an hour with shit working conditions.

The market sets the wage... And the employer wants to increase the labor pool for their own economic benefit.

Immigration is being done to enrich a minority of people at the expense of the majority, destroying any sense of culture, heritage and community... For fucking money.

That's all any of this is about. Short term gain.

>Selling drugs

That's a crime, not a job. I know it's the same thing to you people but over here we look at it differently.

>pick up vegetables

Yep it certainly is a blessing that we have immigrants, or else we'd all starve.

It would be totally impossible to employ teenagers or poor people to do this. It could only be done by immigrants. And it's impossible to pay anyone a living wage to do this. There's just no way that society could be structured so that we can afford to both grow and buy the food.

>pick up vegetables for half the minimum legal wages for example
That's what high school students should be doing before school, not grown poles.

>It's obviously untrue that natives won't do certain jobs.

Correct.

What jobs?

robbery, dealing drugs, protecting bitches, illegal betting, i could gp on forever but its pointless cause youre a shitlord

They do all the unskilled labor (and in some cases, skilled labor for pennies on the dollar) that should be available to citizens with no work experience so that they can at least say they've been working and have a reference for potential employers to call for a recommendation.

You're some well to do liberal, son of liberals, who spit on blue collar workers and see the jobs as beneath you. You're a fucking cancer.

Perpetuating paying illegals obscenely low wages to take jobs away from citizens of any ethnic background hurts both citizens and the illegals who are killing themselves with labor jobs for almost no money at the end of an 18 hour work day.

Pull your head out of your ass and try to live without mommy and daddy's safety net you worthless shit.

>companies will break the law to hire illegals for below minimum wage
>so let's raise the minimum wage

A leaf, ladies and gentleman.

If immigrants only do jobs that the native population won't, why do people complain about losing their job to immigrants?
Without the cause, there should be no effect.

You're arguing with yourself, buddy. I don't know if it's steroids, or too much caffeine, or what, but you should read more carefully and not expect everyone you meet is against you.

>Where would our country be without immigrants?
Lacking a ton of cotton and good food, but that's besides the point.

What you're asking is what jobs are things immigrants do/steal.

The answer is any job that can be done by anyone without much formal training- manual labor such as landscaping, farming jobs(harvesting mostly-picking fruit, veggies, etc), janitorial jobs.

These are shit jobs, and their wages are pulled down because individuals and companies can get away with paying someone from south america 2-3$/hour without reporting their work. This drops the bottom out of the job market and fucks with the normal scale.

>The fact that you think "construction" is a "manual labor job that earns minimum wage"
I think OP means shit like how a construction team will pay illegals to carry shit and do minor tasks-something you'd pay 3 americans a good wage to do you can now pay 9 illegals a tenth of that to do.

Compound that with a shrinking job market and it's no wonder people feel their jobs are being stolen.

>ignores the second clause of the sentence
>doesn't understand a conjunction

American literacy, ladies and gentlemen.

>Name me one job that immigrants take because native people don't want to do it.

Chicken catching.

>It would be totally impossible to employ teenagers or poor people to do this. It could only be done by immigrants. And it's impossible to pay anyone a living wage to do this. There's just no way that society could be structured so that we can afford to both grow and buy the food.
I don't know why you keep shitposting about this senpai.

No one's argued with you that you could do it with natives-just that people are going to take the cheaper option unless forced not to do so.

There's a reason it took a labor movement to make america great in the first place.

it's not that companies need migrants

it's that certain staffing groups can make a lot of money shuffling them around, minimum wage or not

and if the migrants make min. wage, they can get welfare to make up for any discomfort

kill the staffing groups that have a choke-hold on manual labor work in this country and you'll see the migrant labor pool dry up

Essentially the same jobs slaves did in the past. Picking cotton (substitute for corn or whatever harvest), and shit like that.

But I agree, thinking that people wouldn't take those jobs if immigrants left is retarded.

What the fuck is wrong with you? I said you were correct. You are the person arguing with yourself.

>I think OP means shit like how a construction team will pay illegals to carry shit and do minor tasks

Why don't you just get a construction job and find out what it's really like instead of making shit up on the internet?

Libshits have no problem making this arguement. Never mind that illegal workers devalue manual labor, but they don't seem to have a problem continuing to allow these people to work at these wages, completely under the table.

Just more proof liberals are completely disconnected from reality and are more concerned with virtue signaling, than relating to the people they claim to champion.

>and strong penalties for hiring illegals. Native workers will be favored over immigrants.
I know leafs are shitposters extraordinaire, but reading comprehension should be a thing senpai

If your job was stolen by an immigrant it must not be a very valuable one...

Graduate college maybe?

>they don't seem to have a problem continuing to allow these people to work at these wages, completely under the table.

Well of course, because if employers were forced to pay a living wage and check the legal status of their employees, there wouldn't be any more immigrants.

You're really not thinking this one through, user.

> And this is why nationalists should be for raising the minimum wage

>what is hyperinflation

>That's a crime, not a job.

Also picking up vegetables for half the minimal legal wages is a crime, at least here.
It's called "legal" for a reason.

You might not remember prodding me for "What jobs?" three or four times under the false assumption I disagreed with you.

>the only jobs that matter are ones that require a college degree

Berry picking, factories and warehouses.

My dad was able to get a part time job at a warehouse in the 80s that paid 15 dollars an hour. Today the same warehouse pays 8 dollars an hour full time for his old job

only until the mexicans leave

I read your post, but you got it wrong with the minimum wage. By lifting many of the regulations the cripple businesses, and enforcing the laws that discourage hiring illegals, the problem with solve itself. There's no need to raise minimum wage, but of course, in the manner of any leaf, you subconsciously decide to inject a liberal element into your argument. This is why nobody likes Canada, it's as if being an inept libshit is somehow embedded in your DNA.

This faggot is seriously arguing that picking vegetables and selling drugs are direct equivalents.

This faggot can't believe that we agree about something and is desperately looking for something to complain about.

Why are people from other countries so fucking retarded?

>Why don't you just get a construction job
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, since we're all anons, but
pewhispanic.org/2015/03/26/share-of-unauthorized-immigrant-workers-in-production-construction-jobs-falls-since-2007/
>> but a solid majority still works in low-skilled service, construction and production occupations
>>construction
%

inb4
>>muh pew liberal bias

I only suggested it as a short term means of cutting off the attraction of hiring unskilled foreign works. Obviously the long term solution depends on not importing workers at all.

I needed an ID, a birth certificate, and a SS card to get my job, so no, my job isnt in jeopardy of being stolen by an illegal. You've never had a real job, have you?

Jobs that pay €4/hr you dumb goy

Mining, for example. There was a controversy here in British Columbia in the last few years... A new mine wanted to man the site with Chinese workers. They claimed that they needed 201 guys. They said they could not find enough locals with the experience or training necessary to work it effectively.

But the mining union came out with the truth. The company had received hundreds of job applications. Many of them met the requirements, one of the applicants had decades of experience in the industry.

The lie was exposed. It's not that locals won't do the work... They just won't do it for slave wages.

cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-mine-s-temporary-foreign-workers-case-dismissed-1.1332320

You do not need to import more unskilled workers into the country. We already have plenty. We make more every single day.

TBF, raising the minimum wage to match inflation isn't a bad thing, and correlating(though it isn't absolute proof) data shows raising the minimum wage causes the economy to grow faster than not.

There's an argument to be made for the free market vs. any regulation of employment at all, but you have to admit the labor movement in the early 1900s was what created such a strong market in the first place.

Lots of locals want to do construction. I know Ironworkers and Operating Engineers that will do any shitty job you throw at them.

It makes no difference to me whether some anonymous burger on a Taiwanese cosplay site agrees or disagrees with me. But you're totally unhinged if you think your responses to my post indicated agreement.

>They just won't do it for slave wages.

If you can't pay your workers a living wage, you don't have any right to exist as a business.

What you're defending is slavery.

Dumb fucking americans...

Service jobs can't be "stolen" because it's much harder to keep that work off the books, and putting non citizens to work that the government doesn't know about is very illegal (dem taxes).

There's a labor side to every service, and I know plenty of illegals who do skilled trade work that would otherwise pay upwards of $15 an hour for about $2 an hour because they're not citizens, and they need to give employers incentive for "hiring" them. It's much easier to get your average passerby to gloss over illegals doing labor work than start a rash of complaints and suspicion when their waiter doesn't speak a word of english and is wearing dirty clothes given away from your local good will.

Go take a peek into the kitchen of any restaurant if you're looking for illegals. Hire citizens to deal with the house, hire illegals to bus and wash dishes and bullshit.

Go take a look at any work team a contractor puts together for a job. You'll find illegals doing skilled trade work for pennies on the dollar.

Stupid fuck's like you are why they call us dumb amerifats.

>You do not need to import more unskilled workers into the country. We already have plenty. We make more every single day.

I'm agreeing with you on that point, learn to read. You were arguing that somehow illegals don't do jobs in construction that could go to american workers senpai.

>But you're totally unhinged if you think your responses to my post indicated agreement.

You're the one who agreed with me.

>It makes no difference to me whether some anonymous burger on a Taiwanese cosplay site agrees or disagrees with me.
>13 posts by this ID

How do you even breathe?

>You were arguing that somehow illegals don't do jobs in construction

Nope. You're just an idiot who misunderstood my point and is now having a fit about it. Go kill yourself.

Jesus, no need to be so salty over an American taking your job.

What jobs do you think are employing illegals? Where I'm from all the mexicans work in Christmas tree fields for about 9 dollars an hour. Not bad at all considering it's completely untaxed money.

My point was liberals make the"hurrr durr no one wants to do dese jobs abyway" arguement, but never address the ethical issue of allowing them to work under questionable conditions in the first place. If they were really such human rights activists they would condemn the people that employ them.

I restated the content of my original post. Your posts came later. You agreed with me after a series of ambiguous and aggressive replies. It's all in the thread if you want to review.

mainly farming for $2/hr

there is a huge problem of them taking jobs americans work, the tech sector.

>disney fired 250 sr developers and replaced them with H1bs
>some employees were with the company for over 10 years
>were required to train the replacements, or they were not going to get their termination bonus

I'm not defending it. Those Chinese scabs should get the fuck out. We have enough guys to fill those positions, there's no need to import workers.

I read two articles by Tom Mulcair... In one, he talked about how Canada creates about 300,000 jobs per year. In another, he argued that immigration should be raised to 350,000. How in the fuck does it make any God damn sense to import people at a rate higher than job creation when we are taking in tens of thousands of refugees on top of temporary foreign labor?

My views on immigration aren't even racial. We should have absolutely no meaningful unemployment and there should be a job waiting for every immigrant... The numbers are fucked and it's just a pathetic attempt at conning people into expanding the labor pool, destroying solidarity and community.

The employer is playing the common man against one another.

>Autistic post
>Looks at flag
Solved the mystery

Fucking ugly white women

What are you, some sort of ancap?

What happens when a white libshsit ges BTFO'd and their position gets outsourced to a minority on the grounds of affirmitive action or something. Will they change their tune or go further into self deprecation? I cant wait for the left to continue turning on each other. Pretty soon jobs in academia will require a victim assessement to decide who is the most oppressed applicant, rather than who is the most skilled.

The problem that I see with raising the minimum wage as a method of combating the hiring of illegals, is that it actually makes hiring illegals a more tempting prospect.

Look at it from the standpoint of a business owner, if he is forced by the state to pay his employees more, he is likely to do one of two things. The first is cutting work hours, if he was paying an employee $7.25/hr and now has to pay that same worker $15/hr, he will likely cut their hours in half to avoid paying more, the worker is unlikely to complain too much out of fear of losing their job. The second option is to cut down the workforce by laying people off, thus cutting his cost by having less people to pay. In either case, the average worker becomes an obstacle for the employer, and Paco down the road looks a lot more marketable, simply due to his willingness to work for peanuts, combined with his unwillingness to complain for fear of being deported.

For the love of maple syrup, JUST SAY THE NAME OF A FUCKING JOB. (like plumbing, gardening, retail, idk)

And preferably provide some stats to prove that there are too many immigrants in that job market.

>tried the college meme
>starts off well
>start to fall behind due to work
>70 hours per week
>failing place of business
>manager never showed up
>only person who knows how to perform the managerial duties
>everyone always calling off
>go 5 months working everday with no day off
>somehow pull through and pass my first semester
>second semester starts
>fall waaaaaaaaaaay behind
>can't quit my job otherwise I starve
>drop out of college
>get a letter in the mail 3 months later
>my credit is delinquent status
>owe 10k, didn't know about it until then
>spend a year paying it off
>60% of my paycheck towards my debt to get it clear asap
>finally get debt free
>can't go back to college without paying a life's salary because my credit

I don't know what to do anymore.

And the immigrants took it because minimum wage was too expensive for businesses.

Don't you guys have trainings for practical jobs?

Here we have something called OKJ-training, which is shorter and costs waaay less than college, and gives you an actual degree (like electrician, car mechanic, security guard, etc.), instead of a meme degree with zero practical knowledge.

It could be a good start, and once you get some money flowing, you could still go to college, or better yet, become an entrepreneur! (seriously, there is nothing better than creating something new and useful, and making money with it. Your post showed that you already have the dedication necessary, you just need an idea and a bit more knowledge. Try reading "0 to 1" for a start, or "The 100$ Startup".)

Those are called trades, the problem isn't that. It's that a lot of manufacturing went to China and India so easy entry-level jobs arent available anymore and trades are mostly ignored. Teachers really push the students towards college.

drugs

Yeah that's exactly what I've been thinking. It's called a trade over here. I'm researching them in my area to see where I want to start. Financially I'm OK with whatever is affordable. I can go without food and other necessities as long as what I'm doing will pay off in the long run. I'll check out those books too, so thanks.

Whatever the lowest paying job in any category is.

"I need Mexicans because Americans are too lazy to mow lawns for $5 / hour cash."
"I need Indians because Americans are too lazy to write code for $14 / hour."
"I need Chinese because Americans are too lazy to do lab work for $18 / hour."

Why don't we ever hear, "I need Irish MBAs because American CEOs are too lazy to work for less than $1 million per year." ??

I have two acres, all kentucky bluegrass turf grass. I need Sudanese because Mexicans are too fucking lazy to mow my yard for $3.

Plumbing and HVAC are the ones I always hear about from my buddies. You can also consider working for the railroad, they're always short on dudes.

I don't know but i'm coming to "take yer job" burger.

Voting for Democrats.

Depends on the immigrants, Poles and Baltics work hard in construction etc here, but to say Swedes don't want those jobs is a lie, it's just better pay in Norway so many Swedes go there instead, so in a sense the Swedes are the Poles of Norway.

Mudslimes on the other hand never work outside of selling shitty pizza and kebab because they get taxcuts to open pizzerias. Most of them never work period.

It's code for

>immigrants do jobs employers don't want to pay you a decent wage to do

I want to know the thought process on the creation of this pepe

this. /thread
No, sorry i reopen it. Because they get
>free housing
>free mobilia
>free personal cleaning stuff
>free tickets for public transportation
WELL NO SHIT THEY CAN WORK FOR LESS

>Teachers really push the students towards college.

It looks good on paperwork if their students move on to college. Never a word on who actually makes it.

See if you can get into drafting, it's usually a bottleneck

>Depends on the immigrants, Poles and Baltics work hard in construction etc here, but to say Swedes don't want those jobs is a lie, it's just better pay in Norway so many Swedes go there instead, so in a sense the Swedes are the Poles of Norway.

Thank you, Sven. It's nice to read something like this. If you really are a Sven, of course.

I paid a Mexican to post this comment

>He doesnt know the effects of indexing minimum wage.
This would literally end the inflation treadmill and end candidates from using it as a talking point. They would focus on correcting the formula instead.