THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO DEFEND YOURSELF!!!!

Guns are a plague in the USA, i believe that they are completely wrong. The fact that i can walk into a gun shop and buy a weapon that really belongs in the army for under $1000 is complete nonsense. One of the arguments I'm hearing is this "guns don't kill people, people kill people" this is true, HOWEVER, having a gun makes it very, very easy to do so, if your assailant has a knife or club, you can at least run or reach for something to hit back with, also any injuries sustained will be relatively minor compared with a gunshot wound, it is easier and CHEAPER, to simply get some basic self defense classes, which educate you on how to defend yourself and those around you, and it is NEVER out of your reach.

Think of it this way:
WITHOUT GUN CONTROL
an assailant enters my house with a gun, i reach for my gun and shoot him, i am left with the emotional and psychological trauma that will potentially scar me for LIFE

WITH GUN CONTROL

if an assailant enters my house with a knife/bludgeoning weapon, i can (with some very BASIC training) incapacitate him/her, call the police and ask them to make an arrest, i have not wasted a life, i don't have to live with severe mental trauma.

Ban the guns, stop the crimes

Other urls found in this thread:

vpc.org/studies/justifiable15.pdf
hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/firearms-research/gun-threats-and-self-defense-gun-use-2/
theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/
usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf
libertyfirearmstraining.com/blog/2013/05/16/criminals-fear-armed-citizens-more-than-they-do-the-police/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>flag

No

Are you high?

Do you even know how high reptilians can jump?
Do you even know repository are said to be 8' tall, with talons as tough as teeth?

Should I pepper spray it or what? It's not my fault norm is like you shoot the wrong SPECIES

put another column on that chart showing the percentage of negroes in each country and you get the reason for high death rate.

niggers with guns are the plague, get rid of them and nobody would need a gun.

A leaf. Nuff said.

With what? A sword? The mountees? How many crimes were from unregistered firearms? Where are proofs? Where is
>more than 1 post by this ID?

what stops the criminals from using guns?

another fucking retard leaf

>flag
>fag
>canada

why do all these faggot leftists always run to protect criminals first and foremost

Why don't you make like a tree and
>LEAF

Leaf is right. I'd like to see a burger-statistic on people killed by guns for intended homicide vs. people killed by guns for the purpose of self-defense.

What if the assailant also has some very BASIC training?

Quit keeping this thread alive.. It's obvious bait

Freedom

what is it?

That pic of yours is purposefully deceiving. The US has way more people than those other countries.
It would be more accurate if it showed gun deaths relative to the size of the population.

>if an assailant enters my house with a knife/bludgeoning
The criminals will enter your house with a gun regardless of the law you idiot, that's why they're criminals, because they don't respect the fucking law.

All that is going to change is that you immediately comply with their demands or get shot in the face.
And then hope they don't shoot you in the face afterwards anyways because they're fucking criminals.

You probably never ever even came close to have your home invaded have you?

Why does every other country want us to disarm? fuck everyone else were burgers remember! we're dumb,fat, and hard headed as fuck cold dead hands cold dead hands.

maybe the problem isnt guns but is niggers?

If you factor out violence associated with the prohibition of drugs, American murder rates drops to European levels.

>if an assailant enters my house with a knife/bludgeoning weapon, i can (with some very BASIC training) incapacitate him/her

I'm sure thats exactly what you'll be doing also I'm sure the attacker can't possibly have a gun if its banned.

you know most people dont actually rob homes with the intent of also committing a murder

guns didn't murder anyone you fucking leaf

>most home invaders are just burglars so don't worry about the ones with weapons that do murder people because I said so.

I do know that. So without if the robber has a gun I should just let him rob and then call the police right?

If the robber has a gun sees I have a gun he will most likely run away.

Sorry shill, but all evidence proves you wrong and we're logical thinkers. DC and Florida both saw ~40% decrease in violent crime soon after implementing better gun laws. Mass shooters have always targeted areas where guns were not allowed. Our gun deaths in our country is mostly poverty/drug related crime, especially in Chicago, suicides, and people shot by cops and these things will continue to happen regardless if gun laws are more strict or not.

Death is good. HAIL MOLOCH

/endthread

Worry about your own laws. Banning guns stops the sale of them, they don't magically go away.

Fucking Torontoniggers

Can we please nuke Eastern Canada?

>guns are now considered sentient

Really gets the noggin chuggin

b-but that's racist, literally a hitler

THATS BULLSHIT CUZ I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE WAS 4 GUN MURDERS THE LAST 20 YEARS IN FINLAND. a gun has wounded that many times. it includes hunting accidents also.

>The criminals will enter your house with a gun regardless of the law you idiot, that's why they're criminals, because they don't respect the fucking law.

This.

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

I own 14 guns. Your opinion is worthless to me, leaf, as are your precious feelings.

Stay cuck.

>rape advocate, hates the disabled, believes might makes right, wants black cock rammed down his anus

No

>US has bigger population and is 40% nigger
im surprised that number isnt around 15,000 or 20,000

>US has bigger population and is 40% nigger

US is 11-13% black

whats really comical is that its pretty much only in america that you need to consider guns as a method of self defense despite all evidence towards gun use in self defense pointing to them doing roughly jack shit

>despite all evidence towards gun use in self defense pointing to them doing roughly jack shit

?

If guns r used to kill less that 10k people in a country with 320 million it's a nonissue

>dosent realize people can get guns illegally
>wise up stupid leftie

>1 post by this ID
nah

DAY OF THE RAKE WHEN?!

>doing hack shit
>except for all of those webms of niggers getting rekt at gas stations where the clerks had a gun

So do you have a chromosome rewards card? You seem to be stacking up quite a few extra ones.

You do know that if you kill someone with a gun in self defense it still counts as a murder.

Wait, I thought it was talking about the number of guns that were murdered?

#GunLivesMatter

>other measures

how would a propane torch work as a weapon of self defense? I feel like lighting hair on fire works to demoralize your opponent, then you just beat them silly with the tank

You do realize most gun related deaths are committed by blacks? Not to mention the high rate of suicide.

No it does not.

My infographs have sources, feel free to ignore them limey

Really makes you think.

of course a fucking leaf thinks we shouldn't be able to protect ourselves or hunt and that the government should do it all.

Nice data.

Stay deluded, you stupid commie fuck.

>wikipedia
>a page that can be changed at any time
>compared to infographics backed up with stated goverment sources

yeah sure ok nice meme wew

Welp, I'm sad now. Pretty sure the stats would be similar in Finland too, if they were allowed to record them.

when did guns start murdering people? Have they become sentient?

im not even going to read that because im willing to bet it has the ridiculous self defense statistic the NRA just made up out of thin air way back in the day

i too get my world views from gifs posted on Sup Forums instead of empirical evidence and reality

vpc.org/studies/justifiable15.pdf
hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/firearms-research/gun-threats-and-self-defense-gun-use-2/

And I thought I was the one in college for law & criminal justice.

It's obviously you, friendo.

> Harvard study detailing how gun control is counter productive and a waste of valuable police resources

theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.

leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
>Upon interviewing convicted felons, these researchers found that
>74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, due to fears of being shot
>57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police
>40% of the felons had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed

law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf
libertyfirearmstraining.com/blog/2013/05/16/criminals-fear-armed-citizens-more-than-they-do-the-police/

Oh shit the fuck up with your liberal gun grabbing bullshit, you cuck

Bad bait, 3/10, too obviously disingenuous

uhh the guns are illegal to have? criminals will need to hang up their registered firearms for good

Oh, never thought of that. Good point

>flawed, inflated surveys and interviews (lol) in place of actual statistics and research, and blog articles with dead links to studies that were probably flawed too
yeah you can fuck off until you produce actual data instead of opinion pieces

>gun bans remove guns from criminals

It does make robbing police vehicles and the like of weapons even more appealing, though

Countries where guns are common cannot be "controlled" into anything regarding them. It's better to make armed citizens common than to make them more difficult, as an armed society is a considerably more polite society...including not breaking into homes when there's excellent odds you'll be shot for doing so.

>i too get my world views from gifs posted on Sup Forums instead of empirical evidence and reality

That's pretty rich coming from a guy who just posted a ridiculous graph from the equally ridiculous Mother Jones but if you want to play it like that lets have a look at the studies posted.

Or we can look at Swiss crime statistics vs Mexican crime statistics.

Or since you like feels so much I guess I could ask you which feels better, cowering in the corner hoping the cops show up to save you from a hot dicking at the hands of a man with a gun, or having your own gun and shooting back like any reasonable organism would.

we're more concerned with the notion of oppressive government than we are of criminals.

Well, looks like I'm btfo once again.

>Ban the guns, stop the crimes
I'd rather get shot by a glock than get fucking gutted by a zombie knife in the UK

THIS. You don't need a fucking gun. That's what the POLICE are for.

austrian crime/murder rate works too desu, anyone over 18 can buy a wide variation of guns other than semi autos and they have one of the lowest murder rates in the country along with switzerland where only a background check is required to purchase most guns

*one of the lowest murder rates in the world

since im making another post here's a picture of the form 4473 (background check) americans have to fill out when purchasing a firearm from a licensed dealer

>Guns are a plague in the USA
Niggers are a plague in the USA
FTFY
>WITH GUN CONTROL
>if an assailant enters my house with a knife/bludgeoning weapon
Dumbass leaf thinks gun control stops criminals from getting guns.

Oh, look, we have a retarded, statist poster.

>Liberals mostly live in cities, which often contain ghettos
>They're the ones pushing hardest for gun control
Wow it's almost like they're scared of nigs chimping out or something. Maybe they should get some guns to defend themselves with.

He literally gave you an endless sea of data to browse.
I'm willing to bet you didn't click a single fucking link

What exactly constitutes "actual data" to you since you're so concerned with facts and observe truth? A bar graph with no source that looks like it was made in MS paint?

The Harvard study you linked even describes the inefficiency of enforcing gun laws.

IDK where you shills come from but calling you a narcissistic pseudo intellectual is a fucking understatement.

Please kill yourself faggot

but where is the statistics on prevented crimes?
>s-shut up baka you can't measure events that haven't happened yet

>i am left with the emotional and psychological trauma that will potentially scar me for LIFE
pussy

I've shot wild gypsies for less.

>the country that is equal 50 European states has more gun deaths
No shit. Yall act like we're the average nation, we're not. We aren't just one state, we are the United states.

Here's your (you)