To what extent is Hong Kong its own nation?

There's been growing sentiment lately here at Hong Kong saying that It's a separate nation from China due to Hong Kong having its own language, history, culture, currency, government, and even ethnicity.

What makes a nation a nation in Sup Forums's eyes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M7jpCP2URhU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_country,_two_systems
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What makes a nation a nation in Sup Forums's eyes?
Obviously not borders, those are made up.

HongKong is a contractor

After your agreement is off you can be a real nation.

The treaty ends in what 50 years?
Whats Macau's treaty time

Until that shit is done you are just a contractor

Funny you mention borders, since the world's first border check was actually established between Hong Kong and China.

are the buns poisoned or something? meal is finished and nobody has eaten one. thats like passing of breadsticks at olivegarden. explain this slant

Hong Kong is British clay.

probably dessert

The things you said basically. Even if you're both genetically Chinese, if you have significant experiences that draw you apart, that's how new peoples are born. Like how we developed a unique identity after being separated from the French for so long

>he's never had dessert

Legit?

I had lunch with some qt Hong Kong exchange student chicks and I asked if they were able to get on Google and they said "Of course! Hong Kong isn't China!" They also made a point to say they don't like Chinese people, and I have to say their English was great unlike the mainlanders.

Is Hong Kong a good place to live? How are the women? Any gyms?

>To what extent is Hong Kong its own nation?
it's not, it just has a two party system for now.

freedom, independence.
Defined leadership that stands unchallenged.

If you tell china in your next meeting that you are free and independant of them, AND they dont wreck your shit immediately after, you are your own country.

why would there not be one gym in the entirety of hong kong?

Hong Kong couldn't even run its own elections recently.

China has a death grip on Hong Kong unfortunately.

Japan doesn't have a lot of gyms. I just wanted to know since both places always seemed kinda similar to me.

Christianity is very common in Hong Kong. So its a pretty civilized place to live.

hk and taiwan should be different countries than china

china is gutter tier
the people are rude, they squat like slavs, poo in loo publicly like indians, clear their throats and spit like cunts and generally arent very pleasant to be around

taiwan is fairly gentrified and decent

hk is a little below taiwan

t. my parents are from hk

>how we developed a unique identity after being separated from the French for so long
Nah, you're same cuck pussies as they are

The great milton friedman discussing hong kong and its expanded economic liberties, britain and its contracting economic liberties, and facing the harsh reality that democracy tends to lead to sections of the populace voting wealth away from portions of the populace to other portions. Circa 1996.
youtu.be/M7jpCP2URhU

Hong kong stuff starts around 10 minutes or so.

What could Hong Kong do then were it to wish to become truly independent given the existing "soft power" claims (language, culture, history, etc)?

Lol, come to Quebec and say to any random francophone man that he's in an English country and should speak English. See how much of a cuck pussy he'd be

Fuck do i ever love dim sum. They should open fast food here that just serves it all day.

Hong Kong basically is a separate nation. It was heavily under british influence, and China only holds the illusion of control through corruption of government officials and paid protestors.

The SARs of Hong Kong and Macau were formally established on 1 July 1997 and 20 December 1999 respectively, immediately after the People's Republic of China (PRC) assumed the sovereignty over the respective regions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_country,_two_systems

basically be friendly with a super power that can keep china off of its back. Or go back to the British.

come to yellow-knight your fellow zipperheads?, of course i dont know what a nip dessert looks like

yes

thats an impressive poop

0%

Buddy up with South Korea and the USA. Have a big Protestant party. Seriously China has nothing in common with Hong Kong. China is like a parasite that won't let go.

took 8 years to pass

All I know about Hong Kong is you're not a whole man until you eat pork buns.

cuck ass game
the only white guy in the game is the main villain