Will climate change inevitably destroy society sometime in the next 50 years?

Will climate change inevitably destroy society sometime in the next 50 years?

no but it can neighborhoods just like any other weather condition can which is all that it will ever be able to do. The only environmental condition that can destroy a city is a tsunami which of course is caused by earthquakes completely unrelated to weather patterns. Even a cat 5 hurricane will just destroy portions of a city.

The ice caps melting would probably lead to a worldwide disaster

as for global warming, that is all it will ever do. Global warming changes only one important thing: evaporation rate. And where does this evaporation go?

Otherwise do you really care if its 95 or 98 degress? Do you really care if summer ends in october or december? Thats the only effect of atmospheric temperature increase.

I dont see how because the water levels rise so slowly which can increase the chance of sudden flooding but that still wont destroy a city and will only effect one thing which happens to be the only thing anyone needs to concern themselves with: real estate

>Thinking the temperature outside is the same as the global average temperature

If it raises by only 2 degrees NYC will be underwater

Dont worry about it, President Trump will be build a wall in the sky to block out the sun if need be

maybe over time which still only affects real estate

even a sudden storm surge wont destroy the city but again a tsunami could which is unrelated

You do realize that if half the ice in the Arctic melted sea levels around the world would raise by 100 feet

It is actually possible for huge lakes of melt water to form behind glaciers. Eventually the wall of ice holding in the lake gives way and then you get a massive tsunami all at once.

Ten years ago it was predicted Miami would be underwater by now, so no.

Storms will probably get stronger, fueled by warmer winds and waters. Rising sea levels will spell disaster for people in coastal areas. Most of the world's population lives within 100 miles of an ocean.

But the thing to watch that will cause conflict will be competition over rare earth elements. Those elements are critical to our global economy, found in anything that has an integrated circuit. The fun part is that they're mostly found in China and the unstable parts of Africa.

Conflict over water rights would be a close second as a trigger for conflict.

again over time

no tsunamis are only caused by earthquakes otherwise it is a storm surge

The Arctic ice is floating already.
It's the glaciers on land we have to worry about.

Scientists have been saying that we've passed the point of no return for two decades. Climate change is just another hoax perpetuated by the Chinese to make US manufacturing non-competitive.

werent they saying the polar ice caps were gonna be completely melted like 8 years ago
now theyre getting bigger
what the fuck al gore

>probably

would you like to discuss all the records that were broken this summer? its already happening and quickly. tip: look at hurricanes when they formed and where they formed

Call it what you want, it's a big wave of water.

exactly, there's only one thing to worry about: real estate

no its not, a big wave of water is a tsunami

Omg guise it's the hottest year ever on Earth (well since the 1800s) and warm water makes hurricanes!

Imagine Katrinas every week! Omg it's going to kill us all

>no major hurricanes since Katrina

even if the entire western world somehow stopped all manufacturing, and stopped using every single car
it wouldn't mean a fucking thing
countries like china and india continue to shit more and more on the world, and instead of trying to slow them down, they continue to nickle and dime the only countries that actually put effort into slowing the earth's inevitable, horrible death

It's called a jökulhlaup when that happens

Short answer: No
Long answer: Ice age couldn't do us in, I doubt more water will, americans are already evolving into whales.

its not just hurricanes but precipitation in general

and apparently but not surprisingly its resulting in extremes. severe drought which is actually unrelated but then also severe flooding.

Omg there's never been this much CO2 in the atmosphere!

Well except during the Jurassic and Carboniferous when CO2 levels were ten times higher.

>B-but what about the brown people!

No It is natural.
The whole solar system i getting warmer

oh also I forgot one other thing it affects

polar vortex collapse

hang onto your butts

You're late, global warming mean less Hurricane, or did they go back to more again? I don't follow their every word since they're about as credible as scientology or that dude that predict Armageddon every four years.

its not rocket science. warmer oceans means more evaporation which is otherwise known as precipitation

Probably not.

I used to believe in anthropogenic climate change, until I actually worked under a climatologist doing research.

Climatology is like backwards science, in that billionaire liberals who have donated billions into the climate industry and are looking for a good ROI threaten to cut all funding to anyone who doesn't tow the alarmist narrative.

Climatologists have mortgages and bills to pay as well, so to keep their jobs, they build theoretical nonsense math models that shows that CO2 plays a role in changing temperature.

It's like me saying "The math model to your income = your income + money you give to me. Therefore, you should give me more money, because giving me more money increases your income. It's asinine logic, but pseudo-intellectual liberals who don't have any understanding of higher-level math don't get it.

No one gives a shit leaf. We've got bigger problems and not a lot of time to solve them.

Just go away leafs. Don't make me deploy the rakes.

Na but you might have to work in a rural area/on a farm and face actual reality instead of Internet hyperbolic no consequences happy land reality is cartoon opinions

Of course. We had been trough black death, small ice age and mongols. But this will finally and undeniably BTFO society.